It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who is your favorite mod? (part deux)

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by hsur2112
Edit to add: I forgot one.....it's.......whoever goes in the ATS issues thread and replies to my issue.

And the winner is.............NGC2736! May not have been the reply I was expecting, hehe but a reply nonethless.

Hugs and cupcakes NGC!

Rush

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 02:21 PM
link   
I think they all are great, so for this week I will have to go with Asala........... So keep up the great work and next week you could be my favorite..lol..

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 04:30 PM
link   
Haven't met many mods, but I don't think I'll meet one more helpful than Asala. Dave Rabbit's good too, he maintains his threads very well, as do all the mods of course!

Is there a system where mods can receive an award in the style of 'applause'? Or are they that noble? *bows*

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 05:03 PM
link   
reply to post by hsur2112

The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

Hugs and cupcakes; two of my "favoritist" things in the world. Thank you.

Actually, this is a dirty job sometimes, and being liked isn't something one should expect when they take the badge. But it's nice when it comes.

Ashley D., you and I didn't exactly get off on the wrong foot, we just both insisted on leading while we danced.
Thank you for the kind words. I really am pretty soft hearted; but also hard headed, so it evens out.

And my favorite member is...everyone, because as a whole, you all keep me thinking. (Which may be staving off dementia.)

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 06:26 PM
link   
I really haven't seen a bad mod here ... I'm still waiting.

Favorite mod? Semper's gonna set up my first official Fight Club Fight and make sure I have a shot at persuading the world that the chupacabra is real

I love Dave Rabbit's NO FLAMING ZONE threads. I've only posted in a couple, but I think it's awesome to have a place where people have to respect other people's opinions. Not that I'd want all ATS to be that way – I'm all about confrontation in some threads.

Springer answered my first stirrings of true paranoia on the ATS Issues Thread, quickly, respectfully, and with humor.

Crakeur is hilarious, a pain in the neck, and strangely addictive.

SkepticOverlord gave me my one warning. Thanks SO

All the mods who have written useful little tutorials on how to deal with aspects of the site. The one that comes to mind right now is Gools for the tutorial on using myATS and surfing BTS, because I referred to it in a recent thread. But there have been several others.

Simon, of course, for having the vision in the first place. Wish I had thought up something like ATS when I was 16 or 17!

MirthfulMe, for the avatar. The damn monkey makes me smile every time, for some reason.

FredT. For caring so much and getting so involved in the threads where he posts.

I'm sure there are others, that's just the short list.

EDIT: I have to add, I loved Johnny Anonymous' work on the Gilliland Ranch stuff. What a good man

[edit on 10/19/08 by americandingbat]

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 06:30 PM
link   
MemoryShock

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 06:39 PM
link   
All of them are awesome save ONE that ONE needs to be banned!

The rest of the moderators here are awesome!

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 06:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by americandingbat
Favorite mod? Semper's gonna set up my first official Fight Club Fight and make sure I have a shot at persuading the world that the chupacabra is real

I cannot wait to see/read that. You'll rock americandingbat!

Crakeur is hilarious, .....

Crakeur is hilarious? I just like him for his amazing good looks.

Rush

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 06:46 PM
link   
la lala lala la

RUSH is love with CRAKEUR!

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 06:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by hsur2112

Crakeur is hilarious, .....

Crakeur is hilarious? I just like him for his amazing good looks.

Rush

Hmm, that could explain the addictiveness

Don't worry, Rush, he's all yours

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 06:58 PM
link   
reply to post by schrodingers dog

Forgot about him, he's helping Static Sky with his Code Game thread. Good man.

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 07:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by schrodingers dog
MemoryShock

Wait, is that the pink one? Kind of a girly-girl, isn't he?

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 07:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by americandingbat

Originally posted by schrodingers dog
MemoryShock

Wait, is that the pink one? Kind of a girly-girl, isn't he?

HEY!!!!!!

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 09:24 PM
link   
reply to post by americandingbat

No, the pink one was SchroDog's, he was taunting MemoryShock about an upcoming debate in the Debate Forum -- the marketing strategy is working as I, for one, can't wait.

Which leads me to my favorite mods -

I have three and MemoryShock is on that list for always exhibiting amiable patience and seems to sincerely care when one queries him.

The other two on my list are:

Skyfloating - He was the reason I stopped long time lurking and started posting because he is just interesting as hell, regardless of whatever 'ploy' he is imploying when designing his threads. As a mod he is encouraging w/o being indulgent (not that there's anything wrong with that) but most of all I like how he will get down in the dirt, mod or not.

And last on my list, and shockingly not mentioned at all up to now, is.... (drumroll) JBIRD who I have only encountered in Mod Mode but is unfailingly helpful to those of us who are learning our way around.

Cheers!
TWISI

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 09:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Sendran

I can wait.

Rush

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 12:10 AM
link   
All mods are great, but Mirthfulme's extensive vocabulary is amazing and awesome! I strive for his diligence in expressing himself.

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 12:31 AM
link   
12m8keall2c seems pretty cool.
Also big ups for worldwatcher & Byrd!

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 10:38 AM
link   
I just wanted to reiterate the thanks to all of you (except for americandingbat...
) for the kind words...

And it may sound cliche at this point, but it truly is all of you (except for americandingbat...
) who make this site so addicting, fun and great to be a part of....

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 11:18 AM
link   
They have all been chosen for their wonderful abilities. Impossible choice really. But I love Dave Rabbit's threads, humor, high energy and keeping it real attitude. Also, Byrd for her wonderful intellect. She is simply outstanding.

[edit on 20-10-2008 by mystiq]

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 12:43 AM
link   
Well, I think all the Mods do a Great Job; I haven't encountered anything to the contrary. However, I haven't met all of them yet, so the ones that I have, I'll say something lovely about!

Asala - Is a complete and total sweetheart, she is one of the nicest people you will ever meet (even if it is only online).

Chissler - He was the first Mod I noticed - he had a John Lennon avatar, which got my attention right away since I also like The Beatles (especially John Lennon). We haven't chatted much but once in a while on the music boards I see him around.

Crackeur - As someone mentioned, he has got an excellent sense of Humor. Dry, but awesome.

Elevatedone - I see him mostly in chat, and when he participates in the chat, he's pretty funny.

Badge01 - When I first joined, I thought Badge was already a mod - but this wasn't the case. The way he conducts himself on the boards has always beein a very knowledgeable manner. I haven't come accross any post by him, that has come off as under-researched or randomly written. You can tell by his writing style that he knows a lot of things, about, a lot of things.

Dave Rabbit - I love listening to his podcasts, I've listened to the 3 Amigo interview more than once, and I still crack up whenever Dave drops in a joke, he's got an excellent sense of humor.

Kleverone - I first saw Kleverone in the BTS threads, the Member's pic thread. Yup, he's a cutie and a totall sweetheart and for that he gets a shout out!

MemoryShock - I like to pretend to flirt with him sometimes, and sometimes, I think it goes right over his clean-shaven head... jk
all kidding aside, Memory is a great Mod, and is great with hosting on the debate forum. (At first I found him a little intimidating, but now, I know he's just a really nice guy!)

Sauron - I've listened to almost all the Music-related Podcasts he's put up for us to enjoy, and I have got to say, it is some amazing music.

Semperfortis - He seems like a really stand up guy. We haven't interacted all that much, but in the threads where our paths have crossed, he seems like the kind of guy you would call and he would know the answer.

Skyfloating - he comes off as being well-read, and knowledge in different subjects, which is kind of intimidating sometimes lol, but he clearly knows his stuff.

For anyone I haven't met yet, I apologize
But we'll meet soon, and I'll have something very nice to say about you too!

Thanks guys for all the hard work you do in maintaining this site, and putting up with our crap sometimes... You guys are awesome!

- Carrot

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join