It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who is your favorite mod? (part deux)

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 02:27 PM
link   
Hi folks there was a thread started on this cool subject a couple of years ago: www.belowtopsecret.com...

But mods come and go and so do members, so I thought I would re-introduce the question.

So who dat?

It can be more than one and the reasons would be nice to hear too.

[edit on 10/17/2008 by schrodingers dog]

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 02:45 PM
link   
OMGOSH...how to chose?
A lot of Mods were my friends before they were Mods.
Sheesh..
Elevatedone
Intrepid
Semperfortis
Kinglizard
Masqua
Asala
DjDohboy
Djarums (Admin now)
Benevolent Tyrant
Gemwolf
Crakeur (of course)
and last but not least..
Lombozo (mwauh)

Seriously, I could name so many more, but these are the folks I have had the most contact with.

[edit on 17-10-2008 by AccessDenied]

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 03:07 PM
link   
My favorties? Hmmmm

--All of the mods who gave me applauses, and all of those who haven't....yet.
--The one mod who gave me a warning, and all of those who haven't....yet.
--All of the mods that giggled at my jokes, and all of those who should.
--All of the mods who were so nice and helped me when I needed it...and all of those who will, I'm sure, get a chance in the future.

Am I forgetting anyone?

But seriously, and I am always very serious, love ya all, even you Crakeur.

Rush

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 03:57 PM
link   
Aw hey...

I can't let this one past me...

um, of course I love them all, but special are....

Crakeur, cos he adopted me...(and Crakeur, please don't worry, I know I still have to send you files....not forgotten about you!!*cuddle*)

Um....ok...Dave Rabbit, cos he's funny and charming, and also has the hutspa to argue with me....that's a rare thing, let me tell ya! Bad, brave, silly bunny...

And Badge....I have a soft spot for Badge, well....just cos I do....

Cait

[edit on 17-10-2008 by caitlinfae]

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 06:20 PM
link   
reply to post by hsur2112

Sheesh rush, you covered everyone.
How bout a couple of favorites?

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 06:49 PM
link   
Sheesh SD, you're really picky. How does one choose amongst such greatness and mod-erability?

Alright already!

--I still love all the mods who gave me applauses. Oh come on people, you like your applauses as much as I do!
--Crakeur: Because I like stalking you right now.
--Asala: You are always so kind and helpful.
--Badge01: You too!
--Spacedoubt: Always has kind words.
--Lombozo: You're funny, and I love the stories.

......I'm trying.....

AND ALL THE OTHERS! Couldn't help it.

Rush

Edit to add: I forgot one.....it's.......whoever goes in the ATS issues thread and replies to my issue.

[edit on 17-10-2008 by hsur2112]

[edit on 17-10-2008 by hsur2112]

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 07:15 PM
link   
have you all forgotten the one that makes you laugh, the one who has never(to my knowledge) started a conflict on ATS/BTS, the moderator who likes puppies, kittens and baby penguins, Lombozo, i would have to say, Lombozo is my fave mod

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 03:13 AM
link   
Mirthfulme & Asala at the moment

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 08:20 AM
link   
s-dog this is a very tricky question.
mods are doing a very tough job and a good job. they have to make decision of which some people might hate them and others love them,
they have to read threads i won.t even touch. they have to deal with subjects they sometimes might not like, and they have to read all posts - so they have to deal with every diamond and evey nonsense here on the board. so thanks to all who are doing this job.

but mods are humans with thoughts besides being a mod and are also members who contribute to this forum.

so i love all mods for the job they are doing so well. but here are my favorites, i guess coz i got some kind of encounter at the board with them.

asala - she is one of the most loving, caring and sweetest person i have ever met!
chissler - don.t know why, maybe i am attracted by his name, he was the first one i realized
donttreatonme - lovely person
skyfloating - great guy with great thoughs
semperfortis - love his ideas
lombozo - also very caring
crakeur - for his humor!

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 11:20 AM
link   
Oh boy! Mod popularity contests!
JK

I do have a top favorite but in no particular order (well, actually going down the staff list on the board home page):

Djarums: Very nice and professional. Always helpful when you have board questions.

Dbates: Totally down to earth and absolutely hilarious. He was one of the first mods I ever talked to and I liked him instantly.

Don't Tread On Me: Only talked to her a handful of times but she is a total sweetheart.

JAK: Same as DTOM. Don't talk to him too much and rarely see him post but he is super nice and very personable.

King Lizard: Definitely one of my favorites and one of the first mods I came to know and like. Very helpful, kind, and professional. You can tell he is a very loving person.

World Watcher: I hardly ever see her around anymore post-wise but she is so very nice. Definitely one of the good guys.

Badge01: Awesome! Was one of my favorite members who then, very deservingly, became a mod.

Memory Shock: He's a hoot. One of those types that knows how to be serious when the time calls for it but also is very down to earth and fun. He intimidated me at first but I came to like him a lot.

NGC: Talk about getting off on the WRONG foot with this guy (
) but I've come to respect him immensely. He is a softie underneath it all.

Sauron: I never see him post and he is definitely a behind the scenes lurker mod but whenever I had a question or contacted him for something, he was super friendly.

Semper: Awesome guy all the way around. Member, mod, anything. One of my board favorites and always has been.

Skyfloating: He also intimidated me when I first met him but he is definitely one of my favorites. He is so down to earth and isn't one of those types that sit up on a perch but instead comes down to play with the rest of us.

Then some others that I don't particularly talk to but I've seen them around the boards and they come across as total sweethearts that wouldn't hurt a fly and you can tell they have so much love in their hearts:

Asala, Majic, Kleverone, and Nefermore.

Then some others I've never really talked to but they do seem like very good people:

Chissler, ElevatedOne, Gemwolf, Masqua, Niteboy82, Dr. Love, and GAOT.

That's all I really know. The rest I have nothing against. I just don't know them well enough to say one way or the other.

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by orange-light
crakeur - for his humor!

He has a sense of humor? I just like stalking him for his looks.

Rush

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by hsur2112

crakeur - for his humor!

Rush

to me a lot

besides s-dog - who is not a mod - crakeur gave me the most laughs at ATS
i am really grateful to both guys

you are stalking him for his looks?
be careful, that you won.t get a decision getting no closer than 5 posts in distance to crakeur's posts and threads

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 02:14 PM
link   

crakeur - for his humor!

Rush

You do know that Crakeur and Rabbit switched avatar pics a couple of years ago.
Not that Rabbit's not good looking.
Still...

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 02:23 PM
link   
Oh goodness you lot are far to sweet
Really its always such a suprise to see my name up on a list,

All the mods work so hard and often many go un-noticed as there working like crazy behind the scenes, My fav mods are all of them, There like a big ol family and im happy to work along side all of them,

I would like to thank you the members,
its you all that bring out the best in us, ( Crys)

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by schrodingers dog

crakeur - for his humor!

Rush

You do know that Crakeur and Rabbit switched avatar pics a couple of years ago.
Not that Rabbit's not good looking.
Still...

did they?
i am not familiar with ATS family history!
tell me more s-dog

going to kitchen to get a cup of tea, to listen easily to s-dog's story!

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 02:28 PM
link   
reply to post by schrodingers dog

sticks fingers in ears

lalalalalalalalalala..........I can't hear you...........lalalalalalalalalala

Rush

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 03:32 PM
link   
All right, here's my list:

First I have to mention Intrepid who took me under his wing when I first joined.

Semper is my peeps at the fight club, along with GAOTU, and my girl maria_stardust.

Badge1 cracks me up big time and has preemptively saved my butt on numerous occasions.

I have tremendous respect for skyfloating, his contributions as a member in the threads he starts, he blows me away. And though he's not a full mod, I feel the same way about Internos, plus him and I are good friends.

My other good friends are HAL9000, FredT, spacedoubt, sauron, and sweet sweet masqua.

Mirthful has been on a rampage lately, I think the whole GFL thing got him super cranky. So I stay clear of his path, he scares me a little.

Elevator is also super cool and asala is sweet as chocolate.

I know I'm forgetting someone.

ps. Oh there's this one dude who's my bestest mate, I don't know if you know him, he has a stick on his forehead. What IS his name?

[edit on 10/18/2008 by schrodingers dog]

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 03:54 PM
link   
Dave rabbit, he gives me the most applause.

You want me to like you?...........ok clap lol

Seriouesly though i couldnt name one I like. Plus I wouldnt want the others to feel bad.

As ive said before they do a great job in ,keeping the site running smothly.There kinda like the chain on a bike, and all we can do as members ,is try to be good deputys.

[edit on 18-10-2008 by N.B.A.Y.S.O.H]

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 04:47 PM
link   
Asala and Sauron

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 04:58 PM
link   
All the Mods here are simply fantastic, but if I had to pick a favorite, it would have to be Dave Rabbit. The reason for this is because of all the truly thought conducive threads that he authors! Threads like Is there intelligent life in the galaxy? or Is Religion just a security blanket? really make you think before you post. And the NO FLAMING- INTELLIGENT DISCUSSION rules make them truly great threads to read!

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join