It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Colin Powell might endorse Obama

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Retired Gen. Colin Powell, once considered a potential running mate for Sen. John McCain (R-Ariz.), now may endorse his opponent, Sen. Barack Obama (D-Ill.), according to Republican sources. But an air of mystery surrounds Powell's planned live appearance Sunday on NBC's "Meet the Press," and no one is sure what he will say.

Powell’s unassailable national security credentials could sway voters who are vacillating about whether Obama is ready to be commander in chief, and his endorsement of the Illinois senator would make a national security emphasis by McCain in the election's closing days extremely difficult.

I actually first heard about this on FOX news this afternoon. The FOX news insider said that most likely Powell will endore Obama because he could see no other reason why Powell would be on Meet The Press this weekend.
Also the FOX insider said that if Powell does endore Obama it will be a complete game changer and would probably prove fatal to the McCain campaign.
I only tend to watch FOX for very small time spans through out the day, just to get a glimpse at the other side so I can try to a well rounded stance on the situation. Seems as of today at least FOX news has a different tone, they seem to be saying that the race is over, it is really strange coming from such a conservative station.
They don't seem to be happy about it but seems they are throwing in the towel just the same.
Any comments?

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 03:45 PM
link   
So nobody thinks Colin Powell endorsing Obama would be a big deal?
Nobody has an opinion on this?
Personally I was shocked by this turn of events and I do feel Obama will get a big push from this.
I think it would help independents to pick a side and the undecided finally decide.

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 07:56 PM
link   
I like Colin Powell. I think he'd be a good President, but Obama i don't. If he wants to support him...that's fine...but that won't change my opinions on any of this.

McCain should have chosen him for VP if he was willing to accept it.

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 08:32 PM
link   
Poor Colin Powell. I think he had good intentions and got caught up in the criminal actions of this administration. He knows how dangerous another GOP term could be. He's a very smart man. I hope he does endorse Obama.

I don't know if his endorsement will mean that it's all over for McCain, but I think it would "free" other Republicans to feel ok about voting Democratic this time.

I'm eager to find out what he does.

new topics

top topics

join