It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Space smells like Steak, burnt offerings?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 01:27 PM
link   
So that is why the Jews would burn meat and Lambs to balance the forces of the universe?
Just a theory but its strange that space has that particular smell, but obviously metorites and space explosions have given that effect of burnnig smells.

OUTER space smells of fried steak, scientists revealed yesterday.
The universe also has an aroma of hot metal and motorbike welding, Nasa experts said.
Astronauts reported the bizarre scents on their suits when they returned from space walks.

The space agency has commissioned Steven Pearce of British fragrance firm Omega Ingredients to recreate the smells to help train spacemen.

He said: “When astronauts were de-suiting and taking off helmets, they all reported quite particular odours.

“We have already produced the smell of fried steak, but hot metal is more difficult.

“We think it’s a high energy vibration in the molecule and that’s what we’re trying to add to it now.”

Mr Pearce told pupils at Moorside High School, Manchester, he hoped the smells would be ready this year.

Text

www.thesun.co.uk...

Patrick Moore does not agree space smells because its an a vacume, but to collect the particles and translate them back to earth means that is the nearest thing to it. People smell and have odours but I bet you can not smell them in space, same difference no?

[edit on 17-10-2008 by The time lord]

[edit on 17-10-2008 by The time lord]

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 01:59 PM
link   
reply to post by The time lord

This is maybe the strangest claim I've ever starred and flagged. I do so because I've never even considered 'out of this world' odors. Very strange realization, indeed. I guess we really do learn something new every day. If they recreate it in a bottle or whatever, I'd sure want to smell it. How bizarre. Thanks for bringing this little oddity to our attention. Peace.

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 02:04 PM
link   
Hi, yes it was an odd article and angle because who would think that up? I mean it has a basis of a many possibilities, I mean I wonder how MARS smells like and how Jupeter does with its many gases, probably the smelliest planet around. What about the sun? Does it have a smell, can we collect its particles and substances to test it here o earth?

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 02:05 PM
link   
We have an ongoing conversation on the topic here: www.abovetopsecret.com...

new topics

top topics

join