It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Supreme Court Rules With Ohio Secretary of State on Voter Fraud Rules

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 01:14 PM
link   

The U.S. Supreme Court agreed with Democratic Ohio Secretary of State Jennifer Brunner, granting her a stay on Friday to a temporary restraining order from the 6th Circuit Court that ordered her to provide a system for implementing voter fraud prevention methods.

elections.foxnews.com...

Well, I don't know what to say.

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 01:21 PM
link   
Who cares if dead people vote? Who cares if illegal aliens vote? Who cares if fake people vote? Who cares if pets vote?

20,000 might not match up....so 20,000 problematic or flat out fraudulent registrations and/or votes. Lovely.....

This is utterly ridiculous. When I go vote, I have to present a picture ID to prove who I am and that I am who I claim to be. That is the way it should be every where when you go to the polling places and cast a vote.

Prove who you are or don't vote.

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 01:26 PM
link   
This could be a good thing. It will give the democrats the confidence needed to pursade them they will certainly win so some may stay home and off balance it. And Republicans and Independents angry at possible voter fraud will come out by the millions. Brilliant IMO.

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 01:35 PM
link   
It shoudl not matter what your address was when you registered to vote and you aren't living there anymore. It shouldn't matter what your phone number was, these things change all the time. What should matter and be mandatory is when you show up at a polling place you should have a valid state issued photo id and social security card. That should be the only way verification is done. And it SHOULD BE DONE! Each and everytime for every voter!

People need to get their heads out of their butts and do their jobs. I can't believe this ruling!

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cowgirlstraitup7
It shoudl not matter what your address was when you registered to vote and you aren't living there anymore. It shouldn't matter what your phone number was, these things change all the time. What should matter and be mandatory is when you show up at a polling place you should have a valid state issued photo id and social security card. That should be the only way verification is done. And it SHOULD BE DONE! Each and everytime for every voter!

People need to get their heads out of their butts and do their jobs. I can't believe this ruling!

You know where I live you have to have all the valid ID, I'm confused.

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 01:59 PM
link   
I am from Ohio and I got my voter registration and it plainly says one has to had valid ID to vote. I don't understand why this is not being reported in the news. It doesn't matter how many dead people they register, you still have to have ID in Ohio.

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 02:05 PM
link   
reply to post by ohioriver

Even if it is an absentee ballot?

Just wondering since you wouldn't have to show up to a place where an ID would have to be shown.

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 02:28 PM
link   
reply to post by ohioriver

Not being from Ohio, may I ask you, Do you have to show ID to request an absentee ballot too?

If not, then we have a good idea how not verifying the registrations can be used in a fraudulent manner.

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 07:33 PM
link   
hmmm I am not sure about that. That is serious. I believe I see the issue now. I have got a form for absentee ballot in the mail but I threw it away. I am gonna research this .I'll post later.

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 07:37 PM
link   
OK below is the ID requirements for absentee ballet in Ohio:

What is the application process for obtaining an absentee ballot?

Ohio law provides separate application processes for different classifications of absentee voters (militia, armed services, overseas, etc.). In all cases, absentee ballots must be applied for in writing. If you are properly registered to vote, you must submit your written request to the board of elections of the county in which your voting residence is located. Your request must contain certain information (described in the following sections) and your original signature. You may, but are not required to, use an application form prescribed by the Ohio Secretary of State. Please click here to download an application form.

If you are not an active duty member of Ohio's organized militia (including the Ohio Air National Guard, Ohio Army National Guard, Ohio Naval Militia, and Ohio Military Reserve), an active duty member of the U.S. armed services serving outside of Ohio, or a U.S. citizen residing outside of the U.S., you are considered a "regular" absentee voter for the purpose of this guide.
Regular absentee voters

If you are a regular absentee voter, you may use the application form prescribed by the Secretary of State (11-A) to apply for your absentee ballot. If you choose not to use the prescribed form, your written application need not be in any particular format, but it must contain all of the following information:

1. Your name;
2. Your signature;
3. The address at which you are registered to vote;
4. Your date of birth;
5. One of the following items showing proof of your identification:
1. Your Ohio driver's license number; or
2. The last four digits of your Social Security number; or
3. A copy of your current and valid photo identification, military identification; or a current (within the last 12 months) utility bill (including cell phone bill), bank statement, government check, paycheck, or other government document that shows your name and current address (including from a public college or university).
(Note: You cannot use a notice that the board of elections mailed to you as proof of identification.);
6. A statement identifying the election for which you are requesting an absentee voter's ballot;
7. A statement that you are a qualified elector;
8. If the request is for a partisan primary election ballot, your political party affiliation; and
9. If you want the ballot to be mailed, the address to which you want it mailed.

For information regarding application deadlines, please see "Absentee Deadlines" at the end of this page.

new topics

top topics

join