It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Weapons when SHTF

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 12:55 PM
link   
Hi,
I read a lot about stocking food, waterfiltration, buy gold etc. Also I believe guns and ammo to protect your loved ones and property can be needed in extreme situations.
In a lot of countries its forbidden to own fire arms. Maybe hard to imagine for some (US) members with al your gunshows and guns for sale in Alaskan supermarkets but here in the Netherlands any fire arms, slingshots, and curtain knives as stilleto's for example are forbidden by law. Even fake fire arms are forbidden!!

Its a crazy world: I can buy legal Canabis in every coffe shop here in my hometown but not a can of pepperspray (Im anti any drug)
I know that heavy airguns are forbidden in UK.

I do not want to discus the pro and cons for weapen regulation.
Just want to know your ideas/suggestions what weapons to buy or make in a SHTF situation, other then fire arms (NWO, riots, foodruns, terrorist attacks, disaster etc)

Peace,

Marlin

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 12:58 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 01:02 PM
link   
Try a sharp piece of obsidian lashed to strong wooden broom handle. Slingshots are easy to make and conceal. A sock full of ball bearings
I'm afraid you don't have many options aside from some sturdy kitchen knives.

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 01:11 PM
link   
Blowguns are pretty easy to make with pvc pipe, wire, and plastic. Do an online search. I know it sounds like it won't be effective, but for hunting small game it's good. For self defense, think about bow and arrow, crossbow, etc. You take what you can get, and make the most of it.

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 01:21 PM
link   
One of the best weapons you can have is your brain, that is, being smarter than they when they take over the economy, the nation, and the world. The first rule in dissent is not to be overt. They will come for you right away. Instead, play along with them and keep them thinking you are like them. If you can, befriend some of them and keep tabs on what they do and how ofeten they do what they do. Secondly, the best resistance is prolonged and protracted, that is, keep them busy. Infrastructure, false alerts, such things as that. But these things should be done only if it should come to that. The Constitution gives the people the right to abolish intolerant and abusive government and to institute proper government. Use such tactics if we end up in a civil war for survival. If you want to be defensive. Stay away from large populaton centers. Pre-plan escape routes, do not use major hyways as most have equipment that can track your cars. Use seconfary roads. The older the better. If you need food. Only take what you need so you can travel light and leave something for somebody else. Make sure you drink water from fast running streams and use "Aspirin" for ailments because it has many good uses and doesn't go bad fast. Always carry antibiotic creams. You won't be wanting to go to any doctors. Don't eat animals that have been dead for awhile.

I could go on and on about the many diffent weapons one can make with everyday stuff, but, not such a good idea now. But in any case use your mind. Plan well. Plan escape routes. Store food in secret places, etc. It's going to get very bad before it gets better IMO.

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 01:23 PM
link   
One other thing on weapons. It's better to use passive weapons that doesn't put you in direct assault with the enemy. he has larger numbers. If you know he's coming, you can set things up to slow him down or if in defense, stop him completely.

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 02:07 PM
link   
Being around and owning guns my whole life really makes me think hard when someone asks what can I use for a weapon with all of the parameters you provided. I am very happy I am not in your shoes.

When TSHTF there wont be much for law, so all of the things currently illegal wont be. I'm not going to advise buying items that will get you into trouble now, thats just silly. However, what I would do, is find items now and acquire training on how to build your own items when you need to. For instance, I seriously doubt any country bans the private ownership of a hammer and anvil. A little training and you have the skills to create crude machette like items when you need it. Building very simple firearms, such as a blunderbus, actually isnt all that difficult with a little research.

Best bet IMO would be wherever you wind up when this comes down is defense. After youve created your post/hideout/camp whatever, defend it like crazy. Booby traps are very effective, not just for injuring wannabe attackers, but psycologicly as well. Pit traps, deadfalls, etc... arent that difficult to set up and extremely effective.

Oh, and we cant buy firearms in supermarkets in Alaska, you need to walk down the hall to the hardware store.

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 02:25 PM
link   
For planned personal defense in a country which does not allow ownership of items with a clear purpose as weaponry, I recommend a crowbar and a large can of WD-40 or other spray lubricant.

As weapons, spray for the eyes with the lubricant and then when the target's vision is compromised start hitting HARD with the crowbar. Remember to aim low with the crowbar, targeting knees, wrists, elbows, and the groin area. These areas are less likely to be armored and taking out a joint limits the use of the associated limb.

As tools, they are useful when on the move or on your way out of a confrontation. The crowbar can be used to open (or close) passageways such as doors, windows, or walls, and the spray lubricant can be used to cover a smooth surface such as a tile or vinyl floor in order to make it difficult for a pursuer to navigate.

In the event that the pursuer uses dogs for tracking, a small bottle of powdered hot peppers is handy; periodically pause your movement and sprinkle it lightly all around you in a circle.

What's that, you were caught in a strange place and need to arm up fast?

If you are in a strange area such as an unfamiliar home or restaurant, office building, etc. you might opt for a bottle of spray cleaner and a kitchen knife or box cutter. The uses for those are obvious, use one hand to spray for the eyes with the cleaning solution, then when you blind your opponent move in with the knife. In this case, targets are the neck, the eyes, the insides of the elbows or insides of wrists, the groin, anyplace that is not heavily protected and has lots of nerve centers and large veins.

If you cannot find an edged weapon, any small heavy blunt object will work, such as pipe wrenches, open-end wrenches, sockets, even screwdrivers. The same with sprays, if you can't find a bottle of cleaner, use a bottle of hairspray, bug spray, hell a cup of soda or a mouthful of water will work.

Remember, blind and strike. Blind and strike. Blind and strike.

Work with what you have and keep it simple.

Good luck and good hunting.

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 02:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Symbiote

very good advice,i would not like to be sprayed with oven cleaner or drain-o then beaten or stabbed,i am sure things won't be that bad and you will not have to

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by ahamarlin
Hi,
I read a lot about stocking food, waterfiltration, buy gold etc. Also I believe guns and ammo to protect your loved ones and property can be needed in extreme situations.
In a lot of countries its forbidden to own fire arms. Maybe hard to imagine for some (US) members with al your gunshows and guns for sale in Alaskan supermarkets but here in the Netherlands any fire arms, slingshots, and curtain knives as stilleto's for example are forbidden by law. Even fake fire arms are forbidden!!

Its a crazy world: I can buy legal Canabis in every coffe shop here in my hometown but not a can of pepperspray (Im anti any drug)
I know that heavy airguns are forbidden in UK.

I do not want to discus the pro and cons for weapen regulation.
Just want to know your ideas/suggestions what weapons to buy or make in a SHTF situation, other then fire arms (NWO, riots, foodruns, terrorist attacks, disaster etc)

Ok

1. move to a place its legal to protect and provide food for your self..

2. i think about this stuff while fly as you can carry any weapons or tools on planes.. however, i know the stuff i carry can easily become weapons or tools if needed, a Audio cd busted in half can cut pretty well, and Ethernet cables can provide some good ways to tie up or choke people so i can defend myself pretty well... as for your situation , do they allow kitchen knives and or tools like axes or hammers etc.. those could make some nice defense weapons unless your defending against guns.. then well your screwed.. I know a paintball gun with frozen paint balls hurts like hell but would not stop someone in there tracks.. you could always go for the bow and arrow..

Why any one thinks having no weapons that equalize the people against other governments or there own is good is beyond me.. These countries that outlaw guns are well on the way to dictatorships or being over run by other countries. No one has guns or is strained to use them properly.. great idea.

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 06:24 PM
link   
reply to post by ahamarlin

Even slingshots banned? my god and I thought we had it bad here in the UK!

All i can suggest is to teach yourself welding/metal machining and have the capacity to invent weapons 'on the fly'...if you have a free day, drag out the contents of the cuboard under the sink/garage/shed and see what you can combine into something nasty

A 300bar CO2 fire extinguisher could be a propellant for ammo through a copper plumbing pipe tube...CO2 soda siphons filled with drain-cleaner to blind/incapacitate...even fibreglass dome-tent poles lashed together in a 5ft long bundle with gaffatape can be used as a rudimentary 30-40lb draw bow if done right

think outside the box!

[edit on 17-10-2008 by citizen smith]

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 06:02 AM
link   
Being a Dutch citizen myself, I have also been wondering for some time what weapon I could possible buy legally.

A few months ago I imported a SOG Seal 2000 knife which is fully legal in Holland as it has a fixed blade.

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 07:20 AM
link   
I was going to go into detail of what I would do, but I can't. But I can say this. The best weapons are found at the grocery and hardware store. Use your imagination. Hint... read the warning labels. Remember, if the enemy does not know you are the enemy, you have the advantage. Open defiance brings a swift response.

Oppression won't hapen overnight but will come in waves. But it will come. If present polls are correct, at least 48% of the American populace is ready for a NWO.

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 08:33 AM
link   
It is all about planing.

If your are concerned that the someone is going to come and take you away or threaten your life when the SHTF. Well that's where you start.

Do you know your neighborhood and the people in it. Because when the shiiit hits the fan is your neighborhood the place you want to be. Remember that a gun fight can go two ways,,, it only takes a copper jacket to kill or to be killed. You don't know if your are the one who will survive a gun fight.

The safest way is always to be proactive without use of fire arms. That means you have to try and see the shiit before it hits the fan. And that's what your plan should be all about. If your planis to have your home as you main station, you should plan to have a second or third place to go to just in case. I would rather have a plan to move away from the problem then to stay and fight because you seldom know the force that is coming at you.

So what you should do is to make plans so that you always are many steps ahead of the problem so you don't have to use a weapon to get out of it.

[edit on 27.06.08 by spy66]

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 11:18 PM
link   
For those of us in the UK, the Guy Fawkes annual celebration is almost upon us

...need I say anymore?

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by citizen smith

...need I say anymore?

Yes, but it's risky though man, I know of some poor dude who blew his hand apart trying to extract the propellant and combining them to try and get a black powder magazine made up.
You need to really know what you're doing. Mortar, pestle and big thick waldo gloves

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by citizen smith

...need I say anymore?

[edit on 21-10-2008 by Northern Raider]

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 01:47 PM
link   
Wow, if you can not even have a sword, I would take a look in your hardware store.

Two Long Handle Estwing Rock Picks (One in each hand) could make you pretty deadly.

The crow bar is also a good idea, but heavy.

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 02:25 PM
link   
reply to post by WatchRider

very true about the personal injury factor, I think I should have added a disclaimer that I wouldn't in any way encourage such an idea..but then again, rather than make something, consider it an excercise in how you could use and adapt what happens to be 'in season' and available in the urban environment, just as in the wildnerness

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 02:33 PM
link   
Many things can be used in a combat situation. You're only as limited as your imagination. Flammable liquids, acidic substances, electricity, explosives made from otherwise innocuous materials, ropes and cords, boiling liquids, nail guns, etc. etc.

The most important thing I would advise, is to choose your location wisely. make the terrain work for you. natural funnel points can greatly reduce the advantage of superior numbers for example. Or places where large, heavy objects or other items of destruction can be dropped from above as another example. In any event, no matter how defensible the position is, you have to have the will to do what it takes to defend it. It's one thing to say you'd have no problem wreaking a violent death on an intruder, something else altogether to actually do it and live with the emotional aftermath.

Oh, and one other thought. Psychological warfare. Anything that can be done to weaken or discourage an enemy helps. For example, ok someone's tried to intrude and been killed in the attempt. Now you have a corpse to dispose of. Might as well get some use out of it. As distasteful as it sounds, making that corpse's death look as ugly as possible and leaving it where it would be spotted by other would be intruders can be a very effective way to convince them not to intrude in the first place. The battle avoided is a battle won.

Not very pleasant thoughts, but for me, once the SHTF, all the niceties go out the window.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join