It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ACORN Voter Fraud in NM

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 06:38 PM
link   
Any chance we can get this thread title changed then? If no proof has been provided or it has proven to be false?

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 08:40 PM
link   
The government should be looking into the McCain camp to see just what's going on there!

McCain Employing GOP Operative Accused Of Voter Registration Fraud

John McCain's campaign has directed $175,000 to the firm of a Republican operative accused of massive voter registration fraud in several states.

According to campaign finance records, a joint committee of the McCain-Palin campaign, the RNC and the the California Republican Party, made a $175,000 payment to the group Lincoln Strategy in June for purposes of "registering voters." The managing partner of that firm is Nathan Sproul, a renowned GOP operative who has been investigated on multiple occasions for suppressing Democratic voter turnout, throwing away registration forms and even spearheading efforts to get Ralph Nader on ballots to hinder the Democratic ticket.

In a letter to the Justice Department last October, House Judiciary Committee Chairman John Conyers said that that Sproul's alleged activities "clearly suppress votes and violate the law."

Hmmm, wonder what they MAY be trying to do here!

McCain and Palin scream about all this voter registration fraud and what not and then they hire a guy with a track record like this?

For weeks the Arizona Republican and his allies have been seeking to tie Barack Obama to the community organization ACORN, which they have accused of potentially committing massive voter registration fraud. Sproul's contract with the GOP ticket -- in addition to news of Republican officials attempting to suppress Democratic turnout in California -- raises, for some, questions about McCain's own efforts.

"It should certainly take away from McCain's argument," said Bob Grossfeld, a progressive political consultant based in Arizona who has followed Sproul's career. "Without knowing anything of what is going on with ACORN, there is a clear history with Mr. Sproul either going over the line or sure as hell kicking dirt on it, and doing it for profit and usually fairly substantive profit."

As Republican Congressman Chris Cannon summarized during a joint hearing for the subcommittee on commercial and administrative law back in May 2008: "The difference between ACORN and Sproul is that ACORN doesn't throw away or change registration documents after they have been filled out."
******SKIP******
During the 2004 election, Sproul & Associates (the former name of Lincoln Strategy) was accused of attempting to destroy forms collected by Democratic voters in Nevada. That same year in Oregon, Sproul & Associates allegedly instructed canvassers to only accept Republican registration forms in addition to destroying those turned in by Democrats.
******SKIP******
In Minnesota, meanwhile, Sproul's firm was accused of actually firing workers who brought back Democratic registration forms, while other canvassers were allegedly paid "$13 an hour, with the $3 bonus for every Bush, undecided or Ralph Nader voter registration." Similar problems related to Sproul & Associates popped up in Pennsylvania and West Virginia.

More stories on Sproul!

Sproul Play
Voter Fraud Charges Out West
KGW report prompts Ore. voter fraud investigation
The House Inquires about New Hampshire Phone Jamming Scandal
McCain Pays Operative Who Destroys Voter Registration Cards

The government needs to keep a close eye on this Sprout and make sure everything is kept on the up and up!

[edit on 10/21/2008 by Keyhole]

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 10:00 PM
link   
And it looks like a company hired by the GOP is in a little trouble now!

Ontario police arrest man in voter fraud case

The owner of a firm that the California Republican Party hired to register tens of thousands of voters this year was arrested in Ontario over the weekend on suspicion of voter registration fraud.

State and local investigators allege that Mark Jacoby fraudulently registered himself to vote at a childhood California address where he no longer lives so he would appear to meet the legal requirement that all signature gatherers be eligible to vote in California. His firm, Young Political Majors, or YPM, collects petition signatures and registers voters in California and other states.
******SKIP*******
After complaints by voters and Democratic Party officials, several agencies launched investigations into Jacoby's activities. They included the Los Angeles County district attorney's office, which issued the warrant for his arrest earlier this month on felony charges of voter registration fraud and perjury.

"We contacted people at the addresses where he registered, and they have no idea who he is," said Dave Demerjian, head deputy of the public integrity unit at the L.A. County district attorney's office.

So, apparently neither party can claim the companies that they hired to register voters have a spotless record, but I don't ever recall anybody beside canvassers being arrested at ACORN, nobody in their core infrastucture or full time employees, This was the OWNER of the company that was arrested in the article above!

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 07:04 AM
link   
Can anyone tell me whats stopping people from voting multiple times, if they don't have IDs? I find it curious that its democrats who want people able to vote without IDs and its also democrats that are down playing the ACORN fraud.

Robert Kennedy was on MSNBC this morning saying that there is no fraud involved in ACORN, right after ranting about the fact some people need IDs to vote. What the hell is there to stop people without IDs from voting multiple times?

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 07:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Marcus Calpurnius

Here's a map of each states voter ID requirements. It seems like at least some form of ID verification is required in every state if you've never voted there before or don't have a photo ID. If you don't have the right form of ID, in most states you can vote on a provisional ballot that is only counted after it's been verified.

It seems to me that they've got it pretty well covered.

Link

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 07:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Marcus Calpurnius
Robert Kennedy was on MSNBC this morning saying that there is no fraud involved in ACORN,

OMG that's funny!

A left wing Kennedy - on the left wing rag MSNBC - claiming that corrupt ACORN isn't corrupt. That's just so ... so ... i dunno' ... comical.

A few ACORN articles for those who are interested.

John Edwards in bed with ACORN
Catchy title don't ya' think - considering everything.

Acorn/Project Vote

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 07:45 AM
link   

Can anyone tell me whats stopping people from voting multiple times, if they don't have IDs?

When you go to vote, your name is registered in the system along with your registration identification. If you went to vote again, your information has already been processed and it shows up that you have already voted. I invite you to TRY IT. Or ask about it at the polls. The only way you could vote again would be under another name, address and registration, but then THAT person couldn't vote.

Voter fraud (multiple voting) is a HUGE fraud perpetrated by the GOP to create fear in the populace (sound familiar?). The only real voter fraud is what the GOP has done to prevent Democratic votes from being counted.

Robert Kennedy was on MSNBC this morning saying that there is no fraud involved in ACORN,

Everything Kennedy said is true.
24 actual voter fraud cases.
False fears about voter fraud by the GOP aimed at poor, urban and elderly voters.
Hundreds of thousands, maybe millions of VALID votes are not counted (and the voters never know), thanks to the GOP led "Help America Vote" act.

Think about what you're supporting.

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 08:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

When you go to vote, your name is registered in the system along with your registration identification. If you went to vote again, your information has already been processed and it shows up that you have already voted. I invite you to TRY IT. Or ask about it at the polls. The only way you could vote again would be under another name, address and registration, but then THAT person couldn't vote.

How do you confirm registration information if you have no ID? I can just keep going to different locations and using the different names I registered.

False fears about voter fraud by the GOP aimed at poor, urban and elderly voters.

Oh here we go again. Hey everyone don't worry about he massive registration fraud by a organization that took donations from Obama and declared "We will help Obama win". Yet, you should worry about those evil Republicans!

You are so helplessly bias and partisan that its completely pointless to argue with you.

[edit on 22-10-2008 by Marcus Calpurnius]

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 10:33 AM
link   
www.usatoday.com...

ACORN political director Krista Holub says Jemar Barksdale, of Chester, Pa., was paid $8 an hour to sign up new voters last summer. She says he worked for ACORN eight days before being fired. Delaware County District Attorney Mike Green says his investigators found that Barksdale filed altered registrations for 18 people, changing signatures and personal information on the applications. Barksdale is being held on $150,000 cash bail. ACORN is reported to be cooperating in the probe.

they was paid 8 dollars a hour not on commission per each card.

So why would almost every major state's...common worker's all get the idea to all forge the registration?
i can only imagine
Indeed a well thought out plan by someone to sway the election.
And who is winning the election now?
and also gave acorn money to pay the worker's?
not hard to figure out now ..i am sorry to tell everyone

[edit on 22-10-2008 by beforetime]

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 10:46 AM
link   
reply to post by beforetime

Doesn't sway the election at all. It's voter registration. The fake name becomes registered to vote, but with no way administer the actual vote.

So far, no one has shown that there was any plan to ever use the fake names or that it would be possible.

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 10:52 AM
link   

How do you confirm registration information if you have no ID? I can just keep going to different locations and using the different names I registered.

Try it.

Have you registered? When you first register, you have to provide a photo ID, or utility bills and your social security card. In New Mexico, you then get a registration card that you have to show when you vote. Your registration number is in a database and when you go to vote, you SHOW that registration card and they let you vote.

You are so helplessly bias and partisan that its completely pointless to argue with you.

It's not my bias that makes it completely pointless to argue with me, it's my education about it. You're the one who is asking all the questions about registering. You don't seem to know how it works.

TRY IT! Try registering at several different places and then voting under those registered names. You'll end up in JAIL!

PS. I am not a member of a political party, so my argument doesn't come from "partisanship".

[edit on 22-10-2008 by Benevolent Heretic]

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sublime620
Doesn't sway the election at all. It's voter registration. The fake name becomes registered to vote, but with no way administer the actual vote.

I'm beginning to think that young people don't know the difference between registering to vote and voting! Something tells me I'm arguing with people who aren't even old enough to vote! Wouldn't they know the difference if they were registered voters?

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 11:00 AM
link   

I'm beginning to suspect the same thing. They've either never voted before or are too young to vote in this election anyway. I've already posted this link that shows every states voter ID laws and explains how they have provisional ballots and verification for any voters without ID. Apparently the ignorant like to stay that way.

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Oh here we go again. Hey everyone don't worry about he massive registration fraud by a organization that took donations from Obama and declared "We will help Obama win". Yet, you should worry about those evil Republicans!

Apparently you missed my post above about what the guy who is working for McCain has done in the past, like changing registrations from republican to democrat, DESTROYING other voters registration cards that were marked democrat, and trying to suppress votes!

Here's the post for you to peruse again, the links near the bottom of the post are also worth reading!

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Destroying another persons voter registration card would make them ineligible to vote, so when Sprout destroyed those democratic voter registration cards, what he was actually doing was trying to suppress the democratic parties votes!

Usually it's the people who say things like THIS who actually are "helplessly bias and partisan"!

Actually, I think I'm still a registered republican
, just haven't gotten around to registering independent yet, which is what I think I'll end up being for the rest of my life now!

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Have you registered? When you first register, you have to provide a photo ID, or utility bills and your social security card. In New Mexico, you then get a registration card that you have to show when you vote. Your registration number is in a database and when you go to vote, you SHOW that registration card and they let you vote.

I don't have to do any of these things to vote and I live in Ohio. So, whats your next excuse?

reply to post by mythatsabigprobe

I'm beginning to suspect the same thing. They've either never voted before or are too young to vote in this election anyway.

I've been voting since 2000 and have voted every time since. I've also served in the USAF and in Iraq. I think that pretty much obliterates your little theory.

[edit on 22-10-2008 by Marcus Calpurnius]

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 12:43 PM
link   

I don't have to do any of these things to vote and I live in Ohio. So, whats your next excuse?

I live in NEW MEXICO. Check the title of the thread.

You don't have to show anything to register to vote or to vote????? Then no wonder Ohio is plagued with voter issues!

I've been voting since 2000 and have voted every time since. I've also served in the USAF and in Iraq.

And you've NEVER shown an ID to register or vote? I find that pretty hard to believe. I can't help but wonder why all the questions about voting if you've done it before...

[edit on 22-10-2008 by Benevolent Heretic]

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 01:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Marcus Calpurnius

So full of it. Provide documentation that you don't need an ID to register or to vote, please.

Otherwise, we'll all take your statement for what it is - a lie.

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Hmm, you're suppose to show some sort of ID in Ohio!

This is from the Ohio Secretary of State website.

When You Vote, Bring I.D.

Early In-Person and Absentee Voting

* The last four digits of voter’s Social Security number; or driver's license number; or
* A copy of a current and valid photo identification, (i.e. Ohio driver’s license, state ID card, government ID). Photo identification must show name and address; or
* A copy of a current utility bill (including cell phone bill), bank statement, paycheck, government check, or other government document that shows the voter’s name and current address (including from a public college or university).

Election Day Voting

* A current and valid photo identification (i.e. Ohio driver’s license, state ID card, government ID). Photo identification must show name and address (does not need to be current address for driver’s license or state id card); or
* A military identification that shows the voter’s name. (Does not need to show address); or
* A copy of a current utility bill (including cell phone bill), bank statement, paycheck, government check, or other government document that shows the voter’s name and current address (including from a public college or university).

[edit on 10/22/2008 by Keyhole]

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join