It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ACORN Voter Fraud in NM

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 01:16 PM
link   
I can't find the Associated Press article either, but it's sure all over every conservative blog on the internet.

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 01:33 PM
link   
well i will be honest all i did find other than that page was these.
onlinejournal.com...

Oct 3, 2008, 00:20
President George W. Bush and Karl Rove, the former White House political adviser, both appear to have helped orchestrate the firing of former New Mexico U.S. Attorney David Iglesias after receiving numerous complaints from Republican activists that the federal prosecutor would not pursue charges of voter fraud, according to a report on the U.S. attorney purge released Monday by the Justice Department’s internal watchdog. The 390-page report is the culmination of an 18-month joint investigation by Inspector General Glenn Fine and the head of the agency’s Office of Professional Responsibility, H. Marshall Jarrett. Their report concluded that Iglesias’s firing was the most “controversial” and that his dismissal was “engineered” by New Mexico GOP lawmakers Sen. Pete Domenici, Congresswoman Heather Wilson and former White House political adviser Karl Rove over complaints about Iglesias’s refusal to secure indictments in voter fraud cases and in a public corruption case.

basically heads did roll for some reason over this.

[edit on 18-10-2008 by beforetime]

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 01:39 PM
link   
apparently this is the thread the Townhall one is speaking of.

has to many similar things in it.
www.denverpost.com...

NM Republican Party finds 28 suspect voters By MELANIE DABOVICH Associated Press Writer

ALBUQUERQUE, N.M.—The Republican Party of New Mexico alleges 28 people voted fraudulently in one Albuquerque state House district in the June Democratic primary. Party representatives said at a news conference Thursday they found the suspect voters in a review of 92 newly registered voters in House District 13. "We really have a bombshell—evidence of voter fraud in the 2008 primary in Albuquerque," said State Rep. Justine Fox-Young, an Albuquerque Republican. "We are presenting undeniable proof that there was voter fraud in the June election."

same as in 28 people..and voter fraud...
so they must be talking about same thing...
so idk..

[edit on 18-10-2008 by beforetime]

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 01:53 PM
link   

The Republicans released voter registration cards for 10 of the suspect voters, saying they showed missing or inaccurate Social Security numbers or birth dates.

Once again, this is not about votes but voter registrations. They say they found 28 suspect registrations, but will only hand over 10 of them that are missing some information [incomplete registrations]. Where are the VOTES you're claiming were frauds?

This is all just ridiculous IMO. At every election, each party has vote monitors that can challenge any vote. They both watch each other like hawks. Duran Duran will not be voting.

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 01:57 PM
link   
Duran-Duran happens to be from the UK.
What in the world is a Brit doing in New Mexico voting for Obama?

Further proof that Obama is a fraud, Hillary should make a big freakin' stink.
Everything about Obama is totally shady, pardon the redundancy.

Like I said before, the Obama Presidency is already tainted

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 02:03 PM
link   
reply to post by mythatsabigprobe

i email that amy carpenter chick..who wrote the townhall story.

hopefully she will give me the original webpage where they said this at.

best i can do atm.

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 02:18 PM
link   
I thought this was pretty interesting also!

NM Republican Party finds 28 suspect voters

But the head of an Albuquerque community organization that registers voters charges the Republicans' claims are overblown and they are trying to scare people ahead of the Nov. 4 election.

Kinda reminds me of another article.

The Republican Voter Fraud Hoax

[edit on 10/18/2008 by Keyhole]

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 02:29 PM
link   
Well, I guess we'll just have to wait and see if this "undeniable proof" is really undeniable.

What really irks me is that, as usual, this whole thing is being turned into partisan propaganda. Both Democrats and Republicans are crying conspiracy. Democrats are pointing at Republicans and claiming that they're just trying to keep lower-class voters away from the polls. Republicans are pointing at Democrats and claiming that they're just trying to get false votes to support their own party's nominees. But seriously, let's take a step back and try to get the big picture...

One of ACORN's primary goals is to get lower-class citizens registered to vote. If they find someone who isn't registered, they have a nice reputation of actually offering them a free ride to the nearest registration booth. But here's where the problem lies: ACORN's members are paid to simply fill out their signature cards. Accoding to this article from the Associated Press:

Part-time ACORN workers receive one day of training and are paid $8 an hour to collect signatures, according to (ACORN spokesman) Kettenring. He blamed bogus cards on cheating and lazy employees trying to make a buck for doing nothing.

Source:
hosted.ap.org...

Also, according to the Los Angeles Review Journal:

Most organizations require their workers to sign up 20 voters a day. Fraudulent forms start filtering in when workers struggle to meet their quota and either fill in bogus names or accept documents with names that are clearly falsified, (Nevada Secretary of State Ross Miller) said.

Source:
www.lvrj.com...

Now, is this so hard to believe? How many people, if they realized they could make $8 an hour just by sitting around, filling out false cards with football players' names, would take the opportunity? Mr. Kettenring explains that when caught, these workers are of course fired, and that he doubted the false registrations would reach even 2 percent of the total.

At least in the San Diego County, it appears that Mr. Kettenring's estimate was a little too optimistic:

Robert A. Pennisi, the county's chief deputy of voter services, said the office has seen red flags in 17 percent of registrations collected by ACORN. Voter drives by other organizations usually have a rejection rate of less than 5 percent, he said.

Source:
www.signonsandiego.com...

Instances such as this would of course be the reason for the police raids and the FBI's investigation into the possibility of ACORN voter fraud, as related in this Associated Press article:

hosted.ap.org...

Now, as many have stated, voter registration and voter ballots are not the same thing. It is far more difficult to actually cast a false ballot and have it recorded as a vote. Whether or not these false registrations will amount to anything in the way of votes remains to be seen, as the FBI conducts their investigation. If proven false, then this whole thing was just a big hullabaloo over some lazy ACORN workers (albeit an apparently large number of lazy ACORN workers). If, however, it is found true that ACORN holds some responsibility--direct or indirect--for false votes in the primaries, then we may have a larger political issue on our hands.

But in the meantime, please... let's not make this into another Watergate.

(edit: Putting my quotes in External Source boxes)

[edit on 18-10-2008 by Magnus47]

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 02:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Alxandro

Do you choose to ignore the thread conversation because it requires reading or because you don't like what it contains?

Much like the other thread you posted, this source is written entirely about an unsourced document.

There seems to be a pattern here... find the source, or quit using it as evidence.

reply to post by Magnus47

Great post.

[edit on 18-10-2008 by Sublime620]

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 05:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Sublime620

What the heck are you talking about?

"...unsourced document"???

Man, the Messiah has really done a number on you.

For your information..

We also now know that the FBI is investigating possible fraud in ACORN’s registration campaign in at least nine and possibly as many as 12 states. Over the past several days the stench from this scandal has become ever more obvious, but FBI investigations take time - and the other fact of the matter is there is no time.

link

I guess the FBI must be wasting their time and our tax money on here say.

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 05:26 PM
link   
I wonder how much of all this voter registration fraud allegations against ACORN are actually do to this?

Thousands Face Mix-Ups In Voter Registrations

Thousands of voters across the country must reestablish their eligibility in the next three weeks in order for their votes to count on Nov. 4, a result of new state registration systems that are incorrectly rejecting them. The challenges have led to a dozen lawsuits, testy arguments among state officials and escalating partisan battles. Because many voters may not know that their names have been flagged, eligibility questions could cause added confusion on Election Day, beyond the delays that may come with a huge turnout.

The scramble to verify voter registrations is happening as states switch from locally managed lists of voters to statewide databases, a change required by federal law and hailed by many as a more efficient and accurate way to keep lists up to date.

But in the transition, the systems are questioning the registrations of many voters when discrepancies surface between their registration information and other official records, often because of errors outside voters' control.
******SKIP******
It is impossible to know how many voters are affected nationwide.
******SKIP******
Tens of thousands of voters could be affected in Wisconsin. Officials there admit that their database is wrong one out of five times when it flags voters, sometimes for data discrepancies as small as a middle initial or a typo in a birth date. When the six members of the state elections board -- all retired judges -- ran their registrations through the system, four were incorrectly rejected because of mismatches.
******SKIP******
Among the errors with Wisconsin's database, which has been fully in place just since August, are incorrect ages for 95,000 voters, all of whom are listed as 108 years old. If no birth date was available when names were moved into the electronic system, it automatically assigned Jan. 1, 1900.
******SKIP******
In Georgia, the database has so far labeled 2,600 people as noncitizens.

I'm sure some of it is!

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Alxandro
reply to post by Sublime620

What the heck are you talking about?

"...unsourced document"???

Sublime is talking about the unsourced Associated Press document that is referred to in the original post, which no one can verify actually exists.

[edit on 18-10-2008 by davion]

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Yeah, that's voter registration fraud. This article alleges actual voter fraud - a big difference.

However, this article, much like the one you posted here fails to source any of its accusations.

See a pattern yet?

reply to post by Keyhole

I don't think they are that smart. I'm pretty sure, as a previous article mentioned, it was to keep their jobs and meet quotas.

[edit on 18-10-2008 by Sublime620]

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 06:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sublime620
I don't think they are that smart. I'm pretty sure, as a previous article mentioned, it was to keep their jobs and meet quotas.

I wasn't trying to say that none of the ACORN workers ever turned in fraudulent registrations. Not at all. That's pretty much fact that some of them did in order to get paid.

I was just trying to point out that, with the problems the new system is having, that it may be contributing to some of these registrations being called fraudulent and that some of these are being blamed on ACORN.

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 07:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by ManBehindTheMask
i love how the Libs who are so active on the other forums and other posts bashing the republicans and conservatives, after a full day, STILL have not touched this thread.........hmmm i wonder why?

1st...ACORN does not vote, they register voters and send the registrations off to the secretary of state...the people that voted falsely are the people that should go to jail.

2nd...ACORN actually were the first ones to report the fraudulant registrations to the FEC (federal election commission)

3rd... it's good to know that NO VOTING FRAUD EVER, EVER, EVER, took place in the last 2 elections of bush and the republicans.

people in glass houses shouldn't throw stones

[edit on 18-10-2008 by jimmyx]

[edit on 18-10-2008 by jimmyx]

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 01:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sublime620

Yeah, that's voter registration fraud. This article alleges actual voter fraud - a big difference.

However, this article, much like the one you posted here fails to source any of its accusations.

See a pattern yet?

The only pattern I see is that of ACORN being involved in fraud in multiple states.
Not to mention a pattern of you and your peeps ignoring the obvious out of sheer convenience.

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 01:40 AM
link   

Ignorance to what? Acorn committing voter registration fraud? No, I am hardly ignorant to it, and I think most here will admit that have seen me admonish it.

What is your point? What exactly are you getting at? Do you have proof of voter fraud, not registration fraud, or are you just throwing accusations around.

If it was an honest mistake, that's fine, but quit now while you are ahead.

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 12:36 PM
link   
Hmmm. Straight from that great bastion of lying liberal media, Fox news.

elections.foxnews.com...

The head of a voter registration group hired by the California Republican Party was arrested over the weekend for allegedly lying about his address in the state in order to vote illegally, the office of California's secretary of state announced Sunday.

Mark Anthony Jacoby, the owner of a signature-gathering firm called Young Political Majors, was taken into custody by Ontario police just after midnight Saturday and booked with a felony punishable by up to three years in prison.

Jacoby allegedly registered himself at his childhood home in Los Angeles, even though he no longer lives there. It is voter fraud to register if ineligible and perjury to provide false information on a voter registration card. Jacoby was charged with two counts of each relating to his 2006 and 2007 registration.

And more, from other news sources, NOT left wing blogs.

www.lasvegasnow.com...

She says she worked for less than two weeks as a voter registrar for the state Republican Party. She and others walked neighborhoods to sign up voters, but only Republican voters. She says her supervisors at the party, two women named Monica and Drea, told the employees what they should do with any registrations they received from Democrats.

"Just do whatever you want to with it. Dispose of it or bring it back here and we will dispose of it," Parker said.

www.cbsnews.com...

Officials in Oregon have launched a criminal investigation after receiving numerous complaints that a Republican-affiliated group was destroying registration forms filed by Democratic voters statewide, Oregon Secretary of State Bill Bradbury told CBSNews.com.

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 12:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Illusionsaregrander

That's why you sign up at the Post Office or some other non-party affiliated group. If some Republican group took my voter registration form, I'd just assume they'd throw it out - though, I think I registered myself as Independent last go round.

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 06:29 PM
link   
Seems like the 28 voter frauds that were talked about in this article, (the OP article)

ACORN Voter Fraud in NM

The Associated Press reported Friday that the New Mexico GOP found 28 people who voted fraudulently in Albuquerque during the June Democratic primary by absentee ballot.

Were ACTUALLY VALID votes!

RNC On New Mexico "Voter Fraud": Never Mind

Last week, as we noted at the time, the New Mexico GOP had publicly claimed that 28 people voted fraudulently in the Democratic primary, held in June, for a local race.

Then this morning, the RNC sent out a press release announcing a 3pm conference call with reporters "on the recent developments in New Mexico regarding ACORN."

But at 11am, ACORN -- the community organizing group that Republicans have been trying lately to turn into a voter fraud boogeyman -- held a conference call of its own, asserting that local election officials had confirmed that the 28 people in question, mostly low-income Latinos, were valid voters.

Vote-Fraud Complaints: Less Than Meets the Eye?

So, this is nothing more than the GOP doing their voter fraud fear mongering so it will be easier to suppress votes later.

Obama Campaign Calls For Investigation Into DOJ/McCain Collusion On ACORN Smears

Breaking news on Friday's Countdown. Senator Barack Obama's campaign has written a letter to Attorney General Michael Mukasey asking for an investigation into improper leaks from DOJ officials involving their ACORN investigation and whether or not people within the DOJ, perhaps with the help of the White House, are working in concert with the McCain campaign to further the ACORN myth for his political advantage.

Keith Olbermann talked with an Obama campaign attorney about this brilliant strategy by the campaign -- they are linking the ACORN/DOJ scandal with the U.S. Attorney firing scandal.

And here's the "Countdown's" video.

Obama prepared for dirty election tricks Keith Olbermann

And, in case anybody would like to read the letter that the Obama campaign sent to the Attorney General, here's the link to that 7 page letter!

Obama Campaigns Letter to Attorney General

[edit on 10/21/2008 by Keyhole]

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join