It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ACORN Voter Fraud in NM

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 11:53 AM
link   
townhall.com...&Comments=true

The Associated Press reported Friday that the New Mexico GOP found 28 people who voted fraudulently in Albuquerque during the June Democratic primary by absentee ballot. One of the ballots was cast from someone named "Duran-Duran" The GOP's review was conducted in House District 13 and only included 92 ballots. That means roughly a third of the ballots examined found by the GOP were fraudulent. The New Mexico GOP released 10 of their suspect ballots. They ballots did not contain required identification information such as Social Security numbers, drivers license numbers or birthdates. “This is a bombshell. We now have undeniable proof that a significant number of fraudulent voters were cast in Democrat primary races for the New Mexico state legislature as a result of ACORN’s voter registration fraud,” said State Representative Justine Fox Young (R.-Albuquerque). “No longer can ACORN argue that their phony voter registration forms don’t translate into fraudulent votes. They do and today we can prove it.”

a third of the ballots examined found by the GOP were fraudulent

that was the primary's and they voted for obama!!!!!
i assume they was gonna do same thing again...and look's to me the exact same MO..
What do you think of this info?
Still claim nothing bad can happen from all of this..
800k from obama to fund them went along way huh?

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 11:55 AM
link   
WOW one third, I don't understand how this can happen.

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Stormdancer777
WOW one third, I don't understand how this can happen.

Because acorn was indeed cheating our voting system.
which means Hillary Clinton should should truly be our Democratic presidential nominee...
This is exactly why our vote's don't count .
As i said obama's 800k went a long way huh ...

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 12:04 PM
link   
reply to post by beforetime

which means Hillary Clinton should should truly be our Democratic presidential nominee...

That's what the PUMA's have been saying.

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 12:23 PM
link   
I know the mod's might be tired of this acorn thread's..
But please don't delete this thread...
Leave it open so people can see..there was indeed vote's from acorn even if there name was duran duran lol

so the argument cant be they can't vote..they was only registered...
is debunked and showed to be they can and did once in primary's already.

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 12:30 PM
link   
Well well, Democrats cheating Democrats in their own primary.

But hey you should know up front that in the Democratic primaries the delegates or super delegates are not required to go along with the popular vote. Under the DNC rules they can select whomever they like most. So in all reality DNC primary votes are just for show so the 1/3 bogus votes probably wouldn't change the Dem nominee.

And I don't have a source but I remember hearing on the news one time that if the Democratic primaries ran under the RNC rules Hillary would be the nominee. Theoretically the states she won had 300 electoral votes. Obama had 217. Oh found a Source..

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 12:54 PM
link   
reply to post by jjkenobi

that's a very nice article.

then buy what rule's do the Democrats play by?

like if Hillary had more vote's vote's popular and electoral.
why is she not running for president right now and not obama?

if i was Hillary i would run and say FU democrats...vote rigging and back stabber's...and run as independent.
the American people would realize why.

I fear this voting scandle will shake the very foundation of the United state's.
and with due right too.

[edit on 17-10-2008 by beforetime]

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 01:10 PM
link   
I would let the FBI investigation run its course.

After all, with absentee ballots being cast, with names like "Duran-Duran" and no other information, how can you be sure that they werent cast by someone out to discredit the agency?

Not that I am saying that is the case, but until the ballot is traced back to a person, we cannot know if they are deliberate frauds, by Democrats, deliberate frauds cast by Republican to undermine the process, or simply individuals disenfranchised with the system that are being smarty pants'.

I would think that if you were genuinely trying to cast ballots that would skew the electoral process, on a paper ballot like an absentee ballot, one might try to make it just a little less obvious fraud was involved. Like filling in an actual fake name, address, and SS number that might actually slip past the human being that was examining the ballot should it come to that.

Seems a little fishy to me that the fraud is just so blatant and juvenile.

Besides, in the 2000 election, in New Mexico, when I went to cast my vote, someone else had already voted for me. And, although I was a registered Democrat, they voted Republican. I had to stand there for hours while calls were made to try to figure out what to do after they checked my ID and verified that I was indeed, me. Finally, I was given a paper ballot, and was allowed to cancel out the vote that someone had considerately cast in my place. It really pissed me off in an election that tight that my own vote really only canceled out a fake one.

And, in case someone cries "accident" there is no possible way. Both my names, first and last, and not common names like Jane Jones, or Susan Smith, etc. I was the only voter with my last name on the roll, because they showed me where someone had forged my name.

Voter fraud happens. I do not doubt for a moment there are instances of fraud by both parties. But this case stinks a little too much to jump to a conclusion about who did what till all the evidence comes in.

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 01:16 PM
link   
Yes vote fraud happens - but the difference here is it is a coordinated effort in multiple states by a group that is funded with your and mine tax dollars. And the real sting to it is the bailout package gives them more money!! Arrrrggggggggg

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 01:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Illusionsaregrander

But with the evidence now..vote's where passed
It's going to get alot of Americans really pissed..

And my first assumption is about the 800k obama gave acorn to pay the worker's to get the registered voter's.

But i will wait for it all to come out in wash and will now till we find out for sure..refrain judgment on any of my other post's.
At least the feds did exactly what i wanted for once prove vote's did get cast int he primary's.
as 99% of ats said could not and would not happen...thus voter fruad

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 01:36 PM
link   
Actually, if one searches past the right wing blogs, you find out that registering over and over again, or registering fake names, does not necessarily turn into fake votes.

www.chron.com...

There's an important difference between bogus voter registration applications and real, Election Day voter fraud.

"Registering over and over is not fraud," Bettencourt says. " ... it's just a bogus waste of time."

And the chances of the bogusness leading to Election Day fraud?

"The odds are higher than zero. That's really all you can say," Bettencourt says.

Of course, the duplicates and ineligible felons waste the time of the county employees who have to sift through them. And they waste taxpayer money that funds the employees' salaries. Bettencourt argues that ACORN could reduce its error rate if it used volunteer canvassers instead of paid ones. ACORN's Blue says using volunteers isn't a feasible option for a large-scale operation aimed at the most hard-to-register group: minority, low-income, historically disenfranchised voters.

But the errors are a waste of time, and money, for ACORN's privately funded campaign, too. "We have no interest in turning in bogus cards. Those folks aren't going to do us any good," Blue said. Blue says ACORN has quality control measures, such as calling three times to verify applications, to crack down on bogus applications, but the organization is legally required to turn in every card. When that happens, though, Blue says, "We turn it in with big, glaring, flashing lights all over it saying we suspect that this card is a problem."

It is a waste of time, and taxpayer money. But the agency is required to turn in every card, regardless whether or not the agency itself suspects it is fraudulent.

Since here in New Mexico we have to show ID either when registering or when voting;

www.866ourvote.org...

Identification Required for Registration

Identification is required to register to vote in New Mexico if an applicant is registering for the first time in the state and if the registration form is submitted by mail.

The applicant must submit with the form a copy of:

* A current and valid photo identification or
* A current utility bill, bank statement, government check, paycheck, student identification card or other government document, including identification issued by an Indian nation, tribe or pueblo that shows the name and current address of the applicant.
* If the applicant does not submit the required identification when registering, the applicant will be required to do so when voting in person or absentee.

It is unlikely that "Duran-Duran" will actually get to vote for Obama.

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 01:38 PM
link   
Well, if you think about it, whoever actually CAST the fraudulent vote is the one who should be held responsible!

Because:

A) The person would have to know that a voter registration had been submitted with the EXACT information that they were going to use to cast that vote.

B) They would have to have some sort of ID made to validate voting on that fraudulent voters card.

C) Whoever knew A and had B, and cast a vote using this info just committed voter fraud.

Unless it can be proven that, ACORN allowed A to happen purposely, then ACORN passed this information off to somebody, then ACORN had them purchase ID's to match the fraudulent voter registrations, and then ACORN had them commit voter fraud, then, and only then, should ACORN be charged with committing voter fraud.

Otherwise it just sounds to me like somebody turned in a fraudulent voter registration card and was caught using it!

[edit on 10/17/2008 by Keyhole]

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 05:01 PM
link   
If it was just once case of this i would agree go after the voter.

But sorry almost every swing state has thousand's of fake registered voter's.
some of which as you can see got to vote in NH.
if you can see my point who ever funded them should be held liable for doing this crime on the American voter's.
Now who funded them?

this is a well thought out plan to win a election.
in my opinion...

but that's just my opinion

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 05:04 PM
link   
What??? Voter fraud??? No, there is no such thing. Republicans are just trying to suppress the vote of the common people. Like Jimmy Johns, and China Palace, and don't forget little ole' Milano's 100 N University. I hear he's pretty upset.

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 09:21 PM
link   
i love how the Libs who are so active on the other forums and other posts bashing the republicans and conservatives, after a full day, STILL have not touched this thread.........hmmm i wonder why?

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 09:25 PM
link   
Doesn't surprise me, I live in NM! This is a lawless state anyway. The Dems have a tendency to be fanatical here.

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 11:56 PM
link   
This is a joke. I don't know what's worse, the fact that this agency committed such despicable acts, or that our system actually allowed a vote to be cast by "Duran-Duran".

Honestly, who needs voter machine fraud when you just pick a celebrity and cast a vote. By the time anyone finds out, it's too damn late anyway.

*Edit:

Do they not need to supply ID when they vote? It's feasible for them to sign up without ID (as previously posted), but I thought every state required a photo ID (or some sort of ID) when casting that actual vote.

[edit on 18-10-2008 by Sublime620]

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 10:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Sublime620

which makes me wonder harder who is paying who...to turn the other way so it can happen.

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 11:29 AM
link   
I think you need to check your source because that blog claims that AP released this story, but there's no sign of any story dealing with this topic on AP's website that I can find. And secondly, you should remember that the Republicans were heavily involved in disrupting the democratic primaries by registering as democrats and casting votes - ala Rush Libaugh's Operation Chaos... It's more likely that these 'fradulent' votes were actually made by republicans than democrats, since there's a much stronger motive there.

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 12:45 PM
link   
reply to post by mythatsabigprobe

I even did a Google on the subject and couldn't find anything matching the numbers or anything that's in this article.

Here's the search if anybody would like to check!

GOOGLE Search - Associated Press ACORN New Mexico voter fraud

Well, here's the results anyway

Your search - Associated Press ACORN New Mexico voter fraud 10/17/08 - did not match any documents.
Suggestions:

Maybe my search missed something, I don't know!

But today, the same source in the OP had this article in it and it IS from AP!

ACORN controversy: Voter Fraud or Mudslinging?

"This is all just one big head-fake," said Tova Wang of the government watchdog group Common Cause. "What silliness this is, at this point. It's all about creating this perception that there is a tremendous problem with voter fraud in this country, and it's not true."
******SKIP******
Voter fraud is rare in the United States, according to a 2007 report by the nonpartisan Brennan Center for Justice at the New York University School of Law. Based on reviews of voter fraud claims at the federal and state level, the center's report asserted most problems were caused by things like technological glitches, clerical errors or mistakes made by voters and by election officials.

"It is more likely that an individual will be struck by lightning than he will impersonate another voter at the polls," the report said.

AP link! - ACORN Controversy: Voter Fraud or Mudslinging?

[edit on 10/18/2008 by Keyhole]

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join