It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Killer Clown Cults Back on the Streets

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 11:52 AM
link   
From the The Copycat Effect Blog

Friday, October 17, 2008
Phantom Clowns Are Back!

They have returned.

In Mysterious America, I detailed the national wave of shadowy 1981 sightings of clowns in vans, trying to kidnap children, from Boston to Kansas City.

The encounters began in May of 1981, in Boston, Brookline, and other Massachusetts communities. By the end of the month, the local newspapers in Kansas City were publishing warnings about "Killer Clowns" said to be after children at bus stops there.

During an era before emails and the Internet, I was able to discover, via my network of correspondents, that a rash of local news articles were appearing across the USA, describing similar abduction scenarios. Although the national newspapers and wire services were totally unaware of the widespread nature of such accounts, the stories were remarkably alike. I called them the "Phantom Clowns."

Repeats of almost identical Phantom Clown encounters have been recorded since 1981. The latest one is now developing in Illinois.

copycateffect.blogspot.com...

MOD EDIT: to correct external quote tags

[edit on 10/17/2008 by benevolent tyrant]

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 12:12 PM
link   
A hoax, an exaggeration? Surely something like this would require the involvement of a large number of people, which would make it inconceivable that they have not yet been caught, yet alone on the run since the 80's.

On the other hand, if they were trying to disguise their identity, it's a pretty good way to do it, what with clowns with young kids nearby not being seen as suspicious.

Interesting find.

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 12:46 PM
link   
Your source seems to indicate that the recent attacks and attempts were the work of an individual, not a cult as your thread title suggests.

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 02:50 PM
link   
reply to post by masonwatcher

EPIC FAIL

A 'blog' is not a 'source' nor is it 'news'.

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 02:53 PM
link   
Here is a story from the Sun-Times:

Sun-Times

It's a creepy jackass dressed like a clown luring children. While I agree he needs to be dealt with, it certainly doesn't rise to the title of 'KILLER CLOWN CULTS BACK ON THE STREETS'.

Is everything a cult to you?

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 03:26 PM
link   
Just thought this was relevant.

Peace

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by emsed1

EPIC FAIL

A 'blog' is not a 'source' nor is it 'news'.

Huh? Maybe you mean that I linked a blog and I somehow failed to pas some esoteric quality test you have but didn't care to tell anyone. The alternative possibility is that you might be festering in some dank corner of ATS waiting to troll someone.

When I used the term "cult" I intended to use tabloidy word play, "K iller, C lown, C ult". Get it?

I also used the clown cult meaning in reference to the series of paedophile murderers that habitually dressed in clown suits to entice children. You do recall John Wayne Gacey? I was not referring to a group of clowns ritualistically face-painting while holed-up in some lodge somewhere.

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 05:30 PM
link   

I see your point...

I was pretty much itchin' for a troll.

posted on Jan, 25 2009 @ 01:34 AM
link   
The Killa Clown's in your town raisin all hell! Ahaha, this is where Tech N9ne got the idea to call himself the killa clown/

posted on Jan, 25 2009 @ 05:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by masonwatcher
...I was not referring to a group of clowns ritualistically face-painting while holed-up in some lodge somewhere.

So the OP isn't alluding to these guys?

[edit on 1/25/2009 by Icarus_Fallen]

posted on Jan, 25 2009 @ 06:44 AM
link   
I see. It all ties togeather. The movie Killer Clowns from Outer Space, now a clown cult, and all put out on a comspiracy site with UFO related stories. So with my Scooby Doo logic, it would seem that killer clowns are in fact real. Who would have thought.

posted on Jan, 25 2009 @ 02:06 PM
link   
i grew up in kansas city, mo and when i was in about the 3rd grade there was a rumor of killer clowns. i guess it was true. my classmates were talking about it big time. and they said to walk in groups to school.

posted on Jan, 25 2009 @ 03:01 PM
link   
Maybe this is the suspect?

Darph Bobo

Sorry, but I do think a little levity never hurt. At least once in a while. I don't know how to put up a pic, maybe the link works. Just srcoll down the page, you'll see what I mean. Carry on.

[edit on 1/25/2009 by TheLoony] - Twice, to almost get it right.

[edit on 1/25/2009 by TheLoony]

posted on Jan, 25 2009 @ 03:05 PM
link   
What about the Belgian 'Joker' clown, who went into a daycare and killed 3 people(some infants) and injured others last Friday?!!!
Here
That's evil!

[edit on 25-1-2009 by Clearskies]

posted on Jan, 25 2009 @ 03:13 PM
link   
maybe they are from outer space?

sorry I couldn't resist

posted on Jan, 25 2009 @ 03:48 PM
link   
I don't know if they are killers or belong to cults... but clowns certainly do look evil to me. Never trust anyone who makes balloon animals.

posted on Jan, 25 2009 @ 04:41 PM
link   
When this thread first came out I had a little fun with it, but then I saw 'Dark Knight'.

Now I pee my pants when I see a clown.

join