It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The "up-to-the-minute Market Data" thread

page: 96
<< 93  94  95    97  98  99 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 08:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Hastobemoretolife

But "we have to keep the door open and see how this goes," the California Democrat added.

Upps, slip!
She meant "mouth open"

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 08:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Hastobemoretolife

They started the plans for that one the day after they passed President Obamas stimulus bill. Citi must have forgotten to release that memo to you.

Well here we go on another roller coaster ride today! Lets hope we don't shed that capital injection all in one day. We know that it truly didn't come from all the millions of unemployed/under employed!

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 09:02 AM
link   
reply to post by xoxo stacie

But I didn't think it would be so soon, I'm still sore from the last one.

The market is off to a strong start. It will be interesting as to what is going to happen by the end of the day.

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 09:07 AM
link   
Enjoy the rally, when the debt is revealed, around september, think back to when even these times were good.

To really understand what is going on, one must do the math. US is well and truly bankrupt, regardless of rally. if The US were a company trading insolvent, oops, better stop there.,...

This is text book decline, next hyper- inflation.

I have a family and they don't understand, what do I tell them.....

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 09:34 AM
link   
John Hempton thinks that it's a liquidity problem, and not a solvency problem. He argues that Citigroup can recapitalize within six years.

First blog: Voodoo Maths and Dead Banks -- Hempton Takes on Krugman
Second blog: Fools Seldom Differ -- Hempton Sides With Buffett

I haven't had enough coffee yet, so I can't say if his idea has any validity (it doesn't seem to pass the initial laugh test, but what do I know).

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 09:39 AM
link   
Good day to all, well I just tuned up to the markets and surprise!!!! what happen with yesterday's rally!!!

I guess it may be one of those one time wonder.

Anybody want to bet how is going to look by Friday? if Obama, Bernanke or the treasury department doesn't come out and work another miracle.

Here in my neck of the woods the unemployment locally has gotten to 112%, I wonder every time when the % goes over 100 is that possible?

But that is OK the Markets are in the positive right now.
and that is all it matters.

[edit on 11-3-2009 by marg6043]

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 09:54 AM
link   
Dow 6,962.02 +35.53 (0.51%)
S&P 500 726.56 +6.96 (0.97%)
Nasdaq 1,377.22 +18.94 (1.39%)

10:53 am.

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 10:03 AM
link   
Obama is talking there goes the rally for today, as soon he is in the news the markets just get a hiccup.

Let see how well he does today.

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 10:39 AM
link   
11:37

Dow 6,934.22 +7.73 (0.11%)
S&P 500 722.27 +2.67 (0.37%)
Nasdaq 1,369.08 +10.80 (0.80%)

The "OMG the meltdown is over!!!" people must be getting a bit nervous right about now.

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 10:43 AM
link   
reply to post by theWCH

Don't worry they will blame it on Obama two speeches today, you know that the markets doesn't like Obama talking because he is going after their corrupted arses.

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 11:35 AM
link   
Well the markets enter negative territory again so I guess Citi wasn't able to maintain their good fortune or either back it up.

So I guess it was nothing more than a stunt?

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 11:50 AM
link   
www.bloomberg.com...

Here comes the calvary...not!

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 11:57 AM
link   
reply to post by irishchic

Yes Obama wants Geithner to influence or let say "coerce" the G20 countries into financing another bail out.

But the problem is that already the G20 countries said that they will not bail out anymore as they have already done everything they can.

Now if the US is the one that is taking the economy down this means that they don't care what can happen.

But if they can afford to let US goes done while waiting for their own economies to level out then we are in serious trouble.

The big question is how bad our economy truly is compare to them that we are to beg for them to get into a global stimulus.

I find this very distressing as we the American tax payer has been left over to take the toll of the global markets while the rest of the G20 sit back and ride the wave.

I don't like it.

European Union finance ministers have rejected calls from the U.S. to pump more money into their economies to battle the global recession. Obama last month signed into law a $787 billion package of tax cuts and new spending to spur U.S. economic growth.

From the source.

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 12:02 PM
link   
Lost my internet connection for about 20 minutes, and came back to see this:

1:00 pm

Dow 6,900.21 -26.28 (-0.38%)
S&P 500 717.77 -1.83 (-0.25%)
Nasdaq 1,361.75 +3.47 (0.26%)

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 12:04 PM
link   
reply to post by theWCH

Yes is back again in negative territory so much for the short lived rally of yesterday, but hey many here predicted this so no surprise.

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
reply to post by irishchic

I find this very distressing as we the American tax payer has been left over to take the toll of the global markets while the rest of the G20 sit back and ride the wave.

All things being equal, the US taxpayers have been living in absolute luxury at the rest of the world's expense for several decades now. Don't get me wrong, I find it distressing as well, but the reality is that the USA is a mere 6% of the global population yet was consuming 25% of global output. It was only a matter of time before we became bankrupt.

On the other hand, there is an old econ adage which goes something like "When the US economy catches a cold, the global economy gets the flu" so maybe there will be some vested interest in the US economy from the G20. Self preservation, that is.

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 12:57 PM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

UMMMM small problem here we have funneled them BILLIONS of OUR bail out "tax" dollars! Seems to me someone is going back on the agreement and getting Washington's panties in a bind. Serves them right for robbing us and leading pretty much everyone to no longer trust in any government of any kind.
They are all getting what they deserve, lets just hope that the sane among us can help hold the real world together while they fall away.

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 01:07 PM
link   
reply to post by nydsdan

Yes but let not forget that the "consumption" of America is what has helped all those countries beside a few to become "industrialized" all at the expenses of the US losing its own industrial base.

That is one of the reason that I always keep telling people for years that as a superpower US could not survive on consumerism alone and guess what I was right.

We became from a nation of producers to a nation of consumers Dependant on loans and credit to finance that hunger for foreign goods.

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 01:09 PM
link   
reply to post by xoxo stacie

I know but see US can use the imports card, as the US economy deflate so the wallets of the American consumer, that means that imports are suffering already and as the biggest consumers of the world all those countries that export to US are losing money.

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 01:53 PM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

Yes, very true. But the premise that we are expected to pay out hundreds of years of taxes to save our economy; then find out that billions of it actually went to foreign central banks etc. is just ludicrous. The money was for the USA economy period, it wasn't used to help anything in the USA, but the elite and the banks they control.

top topics

<< 93  94  95    97  98  99 >>

join