It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The "up-to-the-minute Market Data" thread

page: 807
<< 804  805  806    808  809  810 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by DangerDeath
reply to post by AuntB

Oil is down 3,35%, more than gold.

You are correct. I should have rechecked. It was over 100 headed towards 103 but back down. Why do you think gold is going down?

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by AuntB

reply to post by AuntB

You are correct. I should have rechecked. It was over 100 headed towards 103 but back down. Why do you think gold is going down?

I really don't know. I guess sitting on golden egg doesn't make you a goose laying golden eggs

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 04:18 PM
link   
Farage kicking butts once again :

Sorry Europe: China's Pockets Are...Empty

Reuters, via The China Post, highlights in a recent article that while there are indeed reserves, they are gainfully employed and the unwinding of those positions (in size enough to matter) to provide the cash that is so desperately needed to keep the ponzi going, will itself cause a vicious circle of negative sentiment. In fact, analysts reckon China's armory has only about US$100 billion to spare.

Oops... That means their pockets are also empty for US debt...

US Celebrates $15 Trillion In Debt By Announcing Latest $99 Billion Forward Issuance Calendar

Sure enough, by the end of next week, total US debt will be greater by $62 billion including a Bills auction, bringing the revised total to just under $15.1 trillion

That means it will be less then $100 billion away from the second part of the debt ceiling deal, but still $1.6 trillion away from the final debt ceiling deal.

Just out from Reuters which could be causing the plunge: No Plans for Financial Assistance for Italy From EFSF

Awww...

Banks in Italy Find an Unusual Liquidity Lifeline

The London Stock Exchange is becoming the lender of last resort for many banks in Italy as concerns over the country’s debt levels squeeze liquidity out of the Italian financial market.

With cash increasingly hard to come by, Italy’s banks are turning to CC&G, the L.S.E’s Italian clearinghouse, for short-term lending. That includes some of the country’s largest financial institutions, including Unicredit and Mediobanca, according to a person close to the situation.

The money, which comes from collateral that traders must put up to complete financial transactions, is deposited with the banks to cover shortfalls in liquidity. CC&G earns a profit by charging banks interest on the money that they borrow.

They are crazy. CC&G is doing EXACTLY what MF Global was doing...(loaning out margin deposits and free cash in customer accounts) but on an even BIGGER SCALE... and OPENLY. If they go under, just like MF Global, all that money in there is GONE... money which Italian banks don't have to begin with.
edit on 17-11-2011 by Vitchilo because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 04:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

In respect to M. Farage video. European Parliament is totally Balkanized. Trust me, I know what I am saying. Doesn't look good at all.

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 04:36 PM
link   

In respect to M. Farage video. European Parliament is totally Balkanized. Trust me, I know what I am saying. Doesn't look good at all.

Totally Balkanized? More like Farage is the only one speaking out, all the others are shills for the bankers.

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vitchilo

Totally Balkanized? More like Farage is the only one speaking out, all the others are shills for the bankers.

That's exactly what I mean. Just look at those he has pointed at: laughing, having nothing to say, no one to answer to, arrogant bastards, never elected to their positions by people. They are the gangsters and have all the Thompsons in their hands. You think democracy in the Balkans works?

We've had referendum (new Constitution) in Serbia some time ago. Around 25% people went out to vote, almost no one was for it, but they faked it to 53% and it passed. Politicians do what they want and never answer to anyone. It can only end the way it ends now for Mr. Asad in Syria, but such cases are really few.

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 04:46 PM
link   
reply to post by DangerDeath

Ok... you meant balkanized LITERALLY...

Because balkanized also means DIVIDED...
That's why we misunderstood each other...

But yeah totally, the EU ``democracy`` is non-existent.

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vitchilo
reply to post by DangerDeath

Ok... you meant balkanized LITERALLY...

Because balkanized also means DIVIDED...
That's why we misunderstood each other...

But yeah totally, the EU ``democracy`` is non-existent.

Yep, that's what I meant. Nominally we have democracy, because there are elections. However, those are only used as an excuse to bring some gangsters legally into position of power (they have absolutely no political skills) and, personally, I call it gangocracy or banditocracy, whatever.

And, our little gangs are used by the greater gangs to whatever scenario and purpose are given to be staged...

Balkanization is about total confusion, war, gangs, corruption, anarchy, imagine what you want. A pre-Tokugawa Japan was perhaps like that.
edit on 17-11-2011 by DangerDeath because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by AuntB

reply to post by AuntB

I really don't know. I guess sitting on golden egg doesn't make you a goose laying golden eggs

Its not just Gold. Look at the other Metals and Commodities,they are all beeing pushed down. And since it was reported today (or yesterday?) that CB´s are buying Gold like never before lately,todays Numbers make even less sense.

I have a feeling that something is going to happen tomorrow after the Markets are closed,quite possible this Weekend. Either the next Bank is going down (UniCredit is the most likely) or something else,much bigger (like a Nation leaving the EU) The pressure on Germany gets bigger and bigger for us to agree on this Printing Nonsense.

We´ll see i guess. But something big is around the Corner. Did you notice the lack of "EU Crisis Meetings" lately? The Situation is getting worse by the Day,so this alone tells me that they have no clue on what to do anymore...

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 05:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Shenon

They never had a clue what was going on, but nevertheless, history is full of clueless events

I think that all European countries, including Germany, are simply trapped inside a very deep hole and have nowhere to go and no one will give them a hand. That is a very grim sight, at least I see it that way.

In his latest text, Martin Armstrong describes the difference between Fed and ECB. The latter can't print money - so, maybe they are going to enable it to do so, or else collapse is imminent.

www.martinarmstrong.org...

European banks are now being forced to pay insurers and pension funds to take over their illiquid sovereign bonds in exchange for better quality ones because the ECB lacks this ability to create an ELASTIC MONEY SUPPLY. European banks are desperate to secure much-needed cash and are having to turn away from the ECB. The ECB has now become the main provider of short-term funding in Europe as lending between banks is mostly shut down as everyone fears this debt game of musical chairs. They are scare to death what happens when the music stops. The European debt crisis is entering a new phase as banks are now running out of the good quality collateral to secure the short-term money.

edit on 17-11-2011 by DangerDeath because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 03:35 PM
link   
Perhaps Burma is going to solve the problem of flooded chip factories in Thailand

Labor in Burma is chiper than elsewhere...

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 04:58 PM
link   

Reid and Boehner seeking fall-back option in case supercommittee fails according to sources - WSJ

Congressional leaders start informal talks about smaller deficit deal according to sources - WSJ

Egan-Jones says Eurozone debt downgrades are also likely

Reid Rejects Boehner’s Deficit Panel Offer

Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid (D-Nev.) rejected an informal $640 billion offer from Speaker John Boehner (R-Ohio) Thursday, and at least one super committee member said that if the panel does not produce a deal, it will not be a failure.

The package Reid rejected included $316 billion in cuts, $98 billion in interest savings, $3 billion from eliminating tax breaks for corporate jets and a variety of other non-tax revenue. But it was summarily dismissed by Democrats both in leadership and on the super committee. Although the Joint Committee on Deficit Reduction technically has until Wednesday to reach an agreement, the panel needs to submit a package to the Congressional Budget Office by Monday to have a cost estimate available by the Nov. 23 deadline.

It will obviously fail but this was a given. Now the only question is... are congress corrupt enough to reverse the automatic cuts? My bet is yes.

And even if the automatic cuts were to be made, it doesn't really matter because it's in 2013, a lot of things will happen till then, and it's not nearly enough.

Ireland: "Germany Is Our New Master"

ot only is Germany at the epicentre of the Italian-Spanish-French save-us 'discussion', they have now managed to add Ireland to their 'Uber Alles'. Reuters is reporting the leak of confidential Irish budget information by German lawmakers and Irish parliamentarians are seething - viewing the leak as 'incredible' and 'unprecedented'. Given the new laws, Germany now has the right to be fully informed about bailout countries' progress before new tranches of funds are paid out. As the Irish Daily Mirror put it perfectly "Germany is ourt new master."

All hail Merkel!

General Maritime - Not What The Banks Needed

General Maritime filed for bankruptcy yesterday. So far it has been treated as a non event, but it may actually be start of another wave of bank write-downs (given the loan status and the fact that many of the banks will have held this loan and other shipping loans at par). The default isn’t in itself a big issue, but if it forces write-offs or provisions against other shipping loans at the weaker banks, it could add to the banking crisis more than people currently think.

The second biggest owner of oil tankers in the US. Crazy that they go bankrupt.

Senator Coburn Presents "Subsidies Of The Rich And Famous"

From tax write-offs for gambling losses, vacation homes, and luxury yachts to subsidies for their ranches and estates, the government is subsidizing the lifestyles of the rich and famous.

The government’s social safety net, which has long existed to catch those who are down and help them get back up, is now being used as a hammock by some millionaires, some who are paying less taxes than average middle class families.

On average, each year, this report found that millionaires enjoy benefits from tax giveaways and federal grant programs totaling $30 billion. As a result, almost 1,500 millionaires paid no federal income tax in 2009. Fleecing the taxpayer while contributing nothing is not the American way.

The cost of this largess will thus be shared by those struggling today and the next generation who will inherit $15 trillion of debt that threatens the future of the American Dream.

+1

Instead Of Relenting To Demands To Let ECB Print, Germany Is Preparing To Kick Countries Out Of Eurozone

according to just released information from DPA, "the German Foreign Ministry on Friday confirmed that Germany was considering the possibility of more eurozone "orderly defaults" beyond that of Greece, as suggested by a paper leaked by the British press." In essence, what this means is that instead of relenting on the ECB issue, which as every investment bank has said would be the end of the world unless massive printing is permitted, Germany would rather kick countries out of the Eurozone instead of entering a hyperinflationary collapse.

In other words, while everyone believes Germany has been boxed into a corner and has no choice but to relent on global demands to let the ECB do whatever France demands, Germany was making other plans all along. Such as having the opion to kick France out of the Eurozone if and when it so chooses.

S&P Pre-Announces The Bank Christmas Massacre

Credit (and to a lesser degree - equity) markets have shown their disapproval as spreads are as bad (if not worse) than at any time before, and yet the ratings agencies have yet to act - especially in the US. All that is about to change as Reuters gently reminds us that S&P is about to update it bank credit ratings framework. The model is complex by nature but as we have seen time and time again, the agencies tend to lag prices (spreads) and in that case, we can expect downgrades as an early Christmas present.

Regionally, the rise has been quite systemic (among the 30 most import global financials) but we note - rather surprisingly - that US has the largest average spread among the 4 regions. Perhaps even more reason to expect S&P to downgrade.

And while European banks are decompressing rapidly, the US majors have exploded since early January 2011 when S&P last announced the expectations of the ratings framework changes.

Top 38 banks in the world
Shall be fun.
edit on 18-11-2011 by Vitchilo because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 06:26 PM
link   

Economists predict dire consequences if committee fails to reach agreement on how to reduce America's massive debt

Talk about your turds hitting the fan blades scenario. Another downgrade for the good old USofA . . . they're getting down to the last few cards in the house and a nasty wind is blowing!!!!

US credit rating downgrade

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 07:59 PM
link   
Funny little game... be Bernanke!

Game

I'm better then Bernanke! After my whole term, inflation is at 1.2%, unemployment at 4.73%! I win!

Did another run, inflation at 0.33%, unemployment at 4.15% even better!

edit on 18-11-2011 by Vitchilo because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 09:53 PM
link   

So Merkel is accomplishing what Hitler could only dream off, conquering and enslaving the nations in the EU with debt to be ruled by now to become Nazi Germany but with Merkel as the supreme leader.

What a joke.

But nothing will surprise me anymore as people here in the US is no so blind and dumb about the corruption in politics and Wall Street and we just complain about the injustice in the net, while still been comfortable in our homes.

We are now a joke.

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 09:58 PM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

And Merkel was a communist most of her life in the Soviet Union...

And from documents I've seen dating back to the late 40s, apparently, taking over Europe the legal way the way the EU was created was the ``fallback`` nazi plan... which it seems it succeeded.

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 01:11 AM
link   
Finally Jefferies might be done...

The Final Straw? Jefferies And Six Other Banks Sued For "Fraudulent" MF Global Bond Issuance

Pick the odd one out of the following 7 banks, while in the process pointing out what they have in common: Bank of America Corp, Citigroup Inc, Deutsche Bank AG, Goldman Sachs
Group Inc, Jefferies Group Inc, JPMorgan Chase & Co and Royal Bank
of Scotland Group Plc. As it so happens 6 of the 7 are Bank Holding Companies, and have access to the Fed's various emergency facilities. The seventh, Jefferies, which a few years ago, boasted that it is now the largest remaining true investment bank after all its competitors had converted to BHC status, may soon regret it said that and did not join its peers.

And unfortunately for Jefferies, this may well be the final nail in the coffin - because while the market had punished the bank for its Exposure, the biggest unknown in the past 2 weeks was whether and when it would be sued precisely for its MF Global liability. That time is now: next up - every single entity that was impaired in part or in whole as a result of the MF Global bankruptcy will follow suit and sue the same 7 banks... of which only Jefferies does not have the benefit of an infinite backstop.

So these 7 banks will likely be sued... thing is, only Jefferies doesn't have the FED unlimited money backing. Jefferies is already in big trouble, this might finish them off.

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 04:53 AM
link   
Yes, I've seen a wish list for "New Europe". Kick out all those who can't fit&work without complaining, as good ole Nazi's wanted it to be. True, totally obedient people are wanted for Neue Europa - but don't blame just "Germans". Nazi's are a product! This is exactly what the so called eugenics were doing, elimination of original intelligence in people and replacing it with reason. Yes, reason, the pride of modern man. Reason obeys logic, and logic is the Law.

I call it Comintern, because that's what it is. We had two large scale experiments going on parallel, Nazi Germany and Stalin's Soviet Union. Both were using slave labor to accomplish it's infrastructural demands for a "perfect society". One thing remained unaccomplished: Happy Slaves. Now, the moment is near when everyone will be happily dull while plundered by bandits. You can add Japanese militarism to this experiment, and later Mao's China, whit its "education" project, Manchurian experiments, etc.

In the West:
When someone takes your money and plays with it without any fear he will be punished for doing so - it means the submission has been accomplished. That's what highwaymen and brigands do to their victims. That is the relationship that exists between the System and its "subjects", pardon, "citizens", today. They are stronger, better organized and armed to the teeth. And there's absolutely nothing one can do about it. They don't even need the sugar coating to superficially hide it from our eyes any more.

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 06:45 PM
link   
Goodbye Super-Committee, Hello Stupor-Committee: It's Official - "No Agreement"

*SUPERCOMMITTEE SAID TO ANNOUNCE NO AGREEMENT REACHED

*U.S. DEBT SUPERCOMMITTEE ANNOUNCEMENT SAID LIKELY ON MONDAY

S&P recently said that a 'watered down' package from the Super Committee would put downward pressure on the rating. Moody’s said the outcome of the Super Committee would be informative but not decisive for its rating analysis.

Surprise surprise! NOT.Downgrade upcoming.

Buyers Of Last Resort: As Dumping Accelerates, Here Is Who Is Stuck Buying Another €741 Billion In Italian Bonds

There will be no surprise "I see dead bondholders"-type ending here. Having suggested precisely what the BTP trading dynamics look like previously, we now get official confirmation. With everyone else dumping Italian bonds in the open market, there are only two parties on the bid side: the ECB, and Italian banks. That's it.

Domestic holders, mainly financial institutions (banks) have gradually increased their holdings, taking domestic holding from 55% to 56% of the total market. Foreign investors, consisting of European non-Italian banks and real money investors as well as international asset managers, have been the main seller of BTPs, reducing their holdings from 45% to 39%." As said earlier - nothing at all unexpected: everyone who can get out is getting out. The only buyers are those for whom selling equates to suicide. That said, we wish Italian banks and the ECB the best of luck as they seek to purchase the €741 billion in bonds that are still to be offloaded as Merkel persists in refusing to let the ECB even considering announcing monetization intentions.

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 07:04 PM
link   
Spanish Conservatives Win General Elections - the third time in as many weeks Europe's debt crisis has claimed a government

Spain's opposition conservatives swept commandingly into power and into the hot seat Sunday as voters enduring a 21.5 percent jobless rate and stagnant economy dumped the Socialists —the third time in as many weeks Europe's debt crisis has claimed a government.

Awaiting words from victorious party leader and future prime minister Mariano Rajoy, thousands of jubilant, cheering supporters waving red-and-yellow Spanish flags and blue-and-white party ones gathered outside Popular Party headquarters in downtown Madrid as pop music boomed over loudspeakers.

With 90 percent of the votes from the election counted, the center-right Popular Party won 186 seats compared to 154 in the last legislature, while the Socialists plummeted from 169 to 110, their worst performance ever.

The difference here though is that at least it was accomplished through democratic process and S(pain) still have a democratically elected government. But it is all just rearranging the chairs on the deck of a sinking ship. Seriously do Spaniards really think a conservative government are going to be any more lenient in the current debt crisis?

new topics

top topics

<< 804  805  806    808  809  810 >>

join