It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The "up-to-the-minute Market Data" thread

page: 805
<< 802  803  804    806  807  808 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Each time you have a "revelation" the world ends. It happens all the time. But it is not a historical event. It is personal event. A good one.

I think you are simply projecting meaning onto some numerical "expressions" which is very arbitrary.
66,6% is simply 2/3 of something. S&P, if it really is some kind of entity with a mind of its own, perhaps wants to maintain it's mass or volume or whatever in relation to "something" at this level, because it leaves it enough energy to maintain initiative in a dynamical environment of markets.

As for your birthday - happy birthday to you

My birthday was many months ago...

I was a little scared about the 66666 thing, but I didn't give it much attention...

And so, on 11-11-11, after doing some research about that 666 bottom of the S&P 500 in March 2009, I discovered about the "three days in November" of 2009, after the release of the movie. And realized about the downgrade and the 6.66% fall.

My interpretation now is that the 66666 in my birthday was a warning that I was about to decifer the 666 enigma...

Call me a charlatan, if you want. I'm not revealing my real name, and I'm not asking for money from anyone. I don't want to be famous, and I don't want money.

I just NEED to share this discovery with as many people I can, otherwise I will become crazy.

I am not calling you a charlatan.
Everyone is trying to understand what is going on. One has to start from something, a reference system. The first reference system is usually like yours, expecting meaning from numbers or other "omens" that we keep noticing. Those things make absolutely no sense and the meaning is not in "signs".
We've seen here on this thread people obsessed with market graphs, trying to extract some meaning - needless to say, they couldn't find any reliable logic and were totally incapable to predict anything. Especially from what's going on in the last half year, markets are totally crazy and obviously manipulated, so they have no relation to the real economy.

The reason you are going "crazy" is the energy you have available for articulation, but you don't have an adequate reference system. You have to make an effort to find out how this world really works, or you will get crazy for real if you keep being simply obsessive without giving your own sober meaning to events, based on some more reliable indications.

I think that everyone here has so far understood that the game is rigged and that big gamblers never gamble, they simply fix the game and pretend it's fair.

The reason world, as we know it, is falling apart is the irresponsible and ignorant behavior of people who understand that by using brute force they can do anything without being held responsible and forced to answer for their criminal actions. This is the revelation you should arrive at and start from it in interpreting the "signs" you get from the available displays.

Believing that dates mean something in the big picture is naive. Why would some cosmic events relate to our calender? Besides, other cultures use their own calenders, like Muslims, or Chinese, and you completely neglect that fact.

Every car will eventually arrive at and pass this 66666 number of miles or kilometers, whatever measurement it uses

edit on 13-11-2011 by DangerDeath because: (no reason given)

edit on 13-11-2011 by DangerDeath because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 02:53 PM
link   
reply to post by DangerDeath

Instead of focusing in the fact that I'm "seeing meanings in everything", could you please focus exclusively in the data presented by me, and think about it for a while?

No, friend, I'm not just "one more crazy guy who see meanings in everything". No. I was never like that.

My only hope is the fact that in this thread I believe that there are people who understand the stock exchange. And I hope that people who understand the stock exchange will realize that "multi-year bottoms" don't happen all the time, and will realize that the S&P 500 never closes with just one point of difference from the previous day.

Only people who have this perception will be able to understand what I'm trying to show here.

It's mathematically impossible that all those facts presented by me could happen in an interval of less than 3 years just "by chance".

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 03:16 PM
link   
I know that "in a long enough timeline" everything is possible.

But I'm not talking about an infinite timeline, I'm talking about "coincidences" that happened in an interval of less than 900 trading days...

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 04:07 PM
link   
reply to post by TheGreatRevelation

Did they delete your thread again?

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by yadda333
reply to post by TheGreatRevelation

Did they delete your thread again?

Yes.

Don't ask me why...

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 05:19 PM
link   
More interesting data:

In the period between February 2 to September 20, in the year of 1996, the S&P 500 struggled a lot to surpass the 666 mark for the first time in history.

You can see that if you use the "interactive chart" from Yahoo Finance:

http:// finance.yahoo.com /echarts?s=^GSPC%20Interactive#chart1:symbol=^gspc;range=5y;indicator=volume;charttype=line;crosshair=on;ohlcvalues=0;logscale=off;source=undefined

This interactive chart allows you to create a custom interval of time.

Before 1996, the S&P 500 has never approached the 666 mark. It was always bellow that mark.

And after 1996, the S&P 500 has never approached the 666 mark. It was always above that mark.

Even in late 2002, when the stock indexes had a huge plunge, the lower that the S&P 500 went was at 776 points.

So, the 666 bottom in March 9, 2009, was the lowest point of the S&P 500 in the last 15 years (between 1996 and 2011).

It was the first time that 666 marked a bottom to the S&P 500, since in 1996 it didn't formed a market bottom.

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 05:01 AM
link   
Italy Sells Bonds; Yield Hits New Euro Lifetime High

The yield on Italy's bonds hit a new euro lifetime high in an auction on Monday when the country managed to sell the full amount it wanted to raise.

Italy sold 3 billion euros ($4.08 billion) worth of five-year bonds at a gross yield of 6.2 percent, compared with 5.3 percent in a similar auction in mid-October, according to Reuters data.

So markets are starting to realise that a change of leadership is but a rearrangement of the chairs on the deck. So Mario Monti inspired a little confidence but it certainly wasn't much by the look of it. Monti will have to hurry up and conceive a plan, be it outright BS or pigs in the sky, won't matter, it won't solve the Euro crisis but might inspire some short term confidence until another 'plan of inaction' can be announced.

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 06:52 AM
link   
www.reuters.com...

Merkel said that it is time for a breakthrough to a new Europe. She said that rescue measures were needed to keep the euro intact. She said the European Union needs to develop new structures -- and that would mean more Europe, not less.

Euro before Europe!
New structures... punishment...

She also said automatic sanctions were needed to punish countries that violate Stability Pact rules.

Stability Pact...

So, the EU meta-morphs into Stability Pact?

Am I wrong, but this seems to me as if someone is hallucinating in fever

Actually, they have already buried European Union...

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 08:43 AM
link   
reply to post by DangerDeath

Is only one word that can describe the Merkel whore and that is EU dictatorship that is what is becoming evidence that is going to happen to the countries kidnapped and forced into the EU zone, they no longer can government themselves and chose their governments the citizens will be ruled into a dictatorship, because is not their governments the ones that will be punished but the people.

Merkel head should be ask for in a silver plate by the citizens of the nations been hijacked into their dictatorship Utopia.

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 02:18 PM
link   
ATTENTION

This thread is for charting, following, anticipating market data and other related socio-economic thoughts and events. Please try to stay on topic.

thank you.

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 05:55 PM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

Well, marg, EU dictatorship is certainly on-topic when it comes to market data. (I suspect some of what went before may have represented topic drift.) How about this for an affront to freedom of (market-related) speech:

Credit rating agencies’ freedom of expression should be restricted on “prevention of disorder” grounds, the European Commission will argue on Tuesday as it unveils controversial proposals to suspend sovereign ratings in “exceptional circumstances”.

The reform package marks the most aggressive attempt yet by Brussels to bridle an unpopular industry that some European leaders have blamed for aggravating the sovereign debt crisis with erratic and “subjective” rating decisions. However, even at this late stage, there still remain big divisions within the Commission over how powers to suspend sovereign ratings will be defined – a political disagreement EU commissioners must resolve on Tuesday morning.

Michel Barnier, the commissioner responsible for the proposal, is mounting a last-ditch attempt to increase the clout of regulators so that they can suspend any sovereign rating within the EU – a broad scope that applies to countries such as France and Italy in prescribed circumstances. But Mr Barnier, a former French foreign minister, on Monday faced a backlash from at least five other European Union commissioners – including representatives from the UK and Sweden – who are concerned that such restrictions could backfire and damage fundamental rights.

A draft of the Commission impact assessment, seen by the FT, justifies the curbs on freedom of speech as a legal measure to avoid public disorder. “One could argue that this option restricts, to some extent, the freedom of expression or information . . . of credit rating agencies. However, limitations to this are possible,” the impact assessment argues...

Source: Financial Times

Talk about just shooting the messenger...

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 06:35 PM
link   
reply to post by pause4thought

Don't worry I know it wasn't related to my post, after all what else is behind the propping of the EU but to boost the Markets fat rats gamblers in the EUzone with the help of the US rats, but the truth about the reality of the EU experiment is showing now its ugly head, still the EU and Asian markets were not doing so peachy today.

Now is fears of what will happen with the two new technocrats been appointed to Italy and Greece will the people take the new to be ruled by the EU dictatorship puppets?

I wonder. But then again your article just backs my previous post of what is going in the EU nothing but a new type of corporate dictatorship just like the one we got now governing the US.

I guess under the corporate governing is OK to deceive the public in the best interests of the ruling class of gambling fat rats.

edit on 14-11-2011 by marg6043 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 11:02 PM
link   
Now we sit and watch the ‘markets’ begin punishing other Eurozone countries as the crisis deepens and spreads.

France may be next domino to fall

French banks are heavily exposed to troubles elsewhere in the EU, write Nelson Schwartz and Liz Alderman.

First it was Athens. Then Rome. Could Paris be next?

Pain returns to Spain as yields jump

Spain was in danger of resuming its place at the forefront of the European debt crisis Monday as banks sought to trim exposure to sovereign debt, economists and strategists said.

Spain’s 10-year government bond yield /quotes/zigman/4869131 ES:10YR_ESP +0.01% spiked back above 6% for the first time since early August, rising by 25 basis points to 6.07%.

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 12:14 PM
link   
reply to post by surrealist

when is the house of cards going to fall? I dont want to have to buy x-mas presents this year.

Among the highlights of the poll:

-- 41% of Americans say the 'American Dream' has been lost.

-- 37% of adults have NO retirement savings and 38% plan to live off Social Security.

-- 63% of Americans believe the economy is getting worse, including 72% of those over the age of 55.

finance.yahoo.com...

This is bull-ish for sure

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 12:55 PM
link   
Today the numbers came out that said US retail sales jumped 0.5% in October. IMO it sounded like big ticket items were being purchased, including autos. Now my understanding is that people when feeling insecure they are apt to buy those new cars, big screens because one investing is not a sure thing and banks are not paying interest so large materialist items are purchased. To me it seems that things are shakier. Camaro posted that 37% don't have retirement but they will have that big screen!

edit on 15-11-2011 by AuntB because: whoops

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 01:05 PM
link   
reply to post by AuntB

Camaro posted that 37% don't have retirement but they will have that big screen

hey you have to do something when you retire. What better then to watch TV day in and day out. Who needs retirement when you know the goverment will take care of you because you did not plan right.
edit on 15-11-2011 by camaro68ss because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 01:27 PM
link   
Why spend 40+ years putting into a pension when crap like the "credit crunch" can come along at any point in your life and wipe it out? You work hard all your life only to be told you need to work longer whilst paying more for your retirement and if thats not enough you get less in returns, imo its a no brainer, simply dont bother.

I dont care what is going to happen in 25 years time when i retire (it was 23years away but apparently I will have to work another 2 years now due to the economy) because the way we are being raped by large companies, banks and our governemts thus leaving me with zero confidence in this system still being here when i retire, my hard earnered money will be gone so im going to spend what i have NOW and # the scumbags that want me to put my money in their pension pots (i wonder how much money these pension pushers make off our backs)

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 02:04 PM
link   
Coffee you should add a few more years to your retirement projection because the Greeks don't have any intention of working past 65, plus they expect to retire on a decent benefit. Plus Italy, maybe France will also be failing soon and I can't help but think they will be helped out. Shame on you (ha ha) for spending your money! The banks, gov't and investment firms want your money.

Seriously, smart move to not invest especially right now. I have lost much..I watch the markets daily and have no clue as to what is going on. All I can think is, " those numbers can't be real".

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 02:21 PM
link   
It amazes me that the generation that watched Korea, Vietnam, and the Cold War actually believed that their social security money wasn't funding these wars but was being 'safeguarded' away for them while the wars were paid for by the government (them). Matter of fact, those funds weren't even enough so they had to go off the Gold Standard and start printing in 1971.

Well, ignorance is no excuse, as they're about to find out the hard way along with the rest of us. The greedy people of the world have brought about untold suffering yet again.

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 02:21 PM
link   
reply to post by AuntB

The government probably were able to add some of their own spending on this one to make the numbers look "better than expected"

taking into consideration that look like retail is doing everything it can to lower the prices of their "Chinese" made goods to bring more people into the stores to buy on sale I find the so call "boost" to be lacking.

I went shopping this weekend and one thing I realized after walking into the high end stores is that I will never buy anything of their high price crap that is made in China.

I only walk to the sale rack

new topics

top topics

<< 802  803  804    806  807  808 >>

join