It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The "up-to-the-minute Market Data" thread

page: 804
<< 801  802  803    805  806  807 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 05:51 AM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

Well, now you know why Indians didn't want to give up their traditional way of life

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 08:50 AM
link   
This may be off subject but I was in Walmart yesterday. The guy in front of me looked like a banker or stockbroker- very clean cut executive type. He was buying 20 pounds of beans, 20 lbs rice, nutrition drink... etc ….All was in bulk, it gave me the creeps, my first thought was what does he know. My mind raced as I watched the checker ring up his dozen jars of peanut butter. I thought, “ Has this guy got inside information that I don't. Is the collapse coming next week?” I know people can buy whatever they want, but when is the last time you have seen a business executive buying bulk food?

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 10:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by AuntB
This may be off subject but I was in Walmart yesterday. The guy in front of me looked like a banker or stockbroker- very clean cut executive type. He was buying 20 pounds of beans, 20 lbs rice, nutrition drink... etc ….All was in bulk, it gave me the creeps, my first thought was what does he know. My mind raced as I watched the checker ring up his dozen jars of peanut butter. I thought, “ Has this guy got inside information that I don't. Is the collapse coming next week?” I know people can buy whatever they want, but when is the last time you have seen a business executive buying bulk food?

At least they have money to make reserves of food and drinks.
I don't think this was indicative. He might have various reasons to do this.

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Shenon
Sigh...

"Sold To You": European Banks Quietly Dumping €300 Billion In Italian Debt

[...]
As IFR reports, "European banks are planning to dump more of the €300bn they own in Italian government debt, as they seek to pre-empt a worsening of the region’s debt crisis and avoid crippling writedowns – a move that could scupper the European Central Bank’s efforts to bring down soaring yields.
[...]

So,Banks dumb Italian Debt en masse because they don´t want to make the same Mistake twice (the first was Greece) and the ECB buys up everything (the first big sell-off was Wednesday and Thursday,with the ECB intervening Thursday and Friday)...Italy is finished as soon as the ECB has to stop buying Italian Debt because they are out of Money and the EFSF doesn´t really work because noone buys into it...

So,either the ECB stops buying when they run out Money (which could be pretty soon) or they start the Printing Press...

We knew this was coming...

Don´t want to brag,but it is reassuring to see that others (more knowledgeable) came to the same Conclusion as me

Guest Post: Euro Double-Bind: Both Paths Lead to Disintegration

Is there anything that hasn't already been said about the Eurozone's structural flaws and the absurdity of the half-baked "solutions" tossed together by its frenzied, fumbling leadership? Perhaps not, but we can fruitfully boil the mess down to a simple double-bind. The double-bind can be stated thusly: 1. If the European Central Bank (ECB) tries to save the private banks and bondholders by printing trillions of euros to buy up the mountain of hopelessly impaired sovereign bonds, then Germany will rebel and renounce the euro as an act of self-preservation. Germany knows that money-printing robs savers and the productive via the stealth theft of inflation, and its people will not stand idly by while their wealth is destroyed by ECB euro-printing. 2. If the ECB renounces money-printing, then the only economy solvent enough to fund the 3-trillion-euro bailout with actual cash is Germany, which will rebel against this debt-serfdom by renouncing the euro. There are only two paths, and they both lead to the same end-state: dissolution of the euro and the EU's monetary union.

Though i won´t rule out that the German Party-Dictatorship will agree if it comes down to the Printing...they just have to change our Constitution (Grundgesetz) or hold a Referendum (not gonna happen).

And about Italy

Bunga Bunga Era Is Over: Italian Parliament Approves Budget Reform, Paving Way For Berlusconi Resignation

[...]
As per Reuters: "The Italian parliament gave final approval to a package of economic reforms in a vote on Saturday which clears the way for the resignation of Prime Minister Silvio Berlusconi and the formation of an emergency government
[...]

If i heard right on Al-Jazeera,then Bunga-Bunga is expected to hand in his Resignation to the President today/now...We´ll see.

edit on 12-11-2011 by Shenon because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 02:45 PM
link   
Chart Of The Day: The EFSF Is Already Trading As AA+, Or Why The French AAA Rating No Longer Matters

Following the S&P "technical glitch" on Thursday which sent out a bizarre notice to a few subscribers notifying that a rating action on France is imminent, FrAAAnce is up in arms and demanding S&P blood. The reason: as everyone knows by now, the sanctity of the Eurozone is now contingent on those three A letters more than any other variable, because without said rating, France becomes ineligible for EFSF funding purposes (at any rating less than AAA), the EFSF's sole 'pristine' backer becomes Germany, and sends the EFSF yield curve into a tailspin, as it glaringly painfully obvious that Germany alone can't fund the trillions needed to preserve the Eurozone and purchase rolling Italian and other PIIGS debt. Yet one look at the yield curve of the EFSF as it already stand confirms that the market is not waiting for S&P, Moody's or any other rating agency, as it is now just a matter of time: after all recall that S&P itself said that it "would likely downgrade the credit ratings of France,
Spain, Italy, Ireland and Portugal if the euro zone slips into another recession." Well as of yesterday, the EU itself warned the Eurozone may slump into "a deep and prolonged recession."The result: as of the past few days the EFSF no longer trades with an AAA implied rating.

S&P saying that they would downgrade European countries if it entered recession (France mostly) was posted on this very thread... Anyway, it's good to see that for once, the bond market doesn't wait for the crooked rating agencies to force reality unto the markets.

And Bunga bunga did give his resignation a few minutes ago.

On a personal note, I won't be able to post probably till wednesday, maybe even thursday because members of family passed away this week so I have to go and be with my family obviously. So keep up the good work.

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 03:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

Sorry to hear of your family losses. Don't be a stranger though if any more big news breaks. Could be another interesting week coming up by the look of it.

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 03:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

Sorry to hear that,my condolences (sp?)

Yes,next Week we could see finally the collapse of the Euro due to the Collapse of Italy (continuing Sell-Off of Italian Bonds) French Banks and France following. We almost crashed on 11.9. but the ECB Intervention prevented it...for now.

Almost forgot it:

Silvio Berlusconi Has Resigned

edit on 12-11-2011 by Shenon because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 09:35 PM
link   
European Ponzi Goes Full Retard As EFSF Found To Monetize... Itself

The Telegraph reports that the already reduced 3 EUR billion "target was only met after the EFSF resorted to buying up several hundred million euros worth of the bonds." You read that right: in its first bond issuance since its transformation to the European Bank/Soveriegn Bailout Swiss Army Knife, the EFSF not only failed to raise a minimum token amount, but also had to... buy its own bonds.

See link for rest of the article. I thought I saw this on the UK Tele this morning and thought wtf? Seriously, this is a sign of desperation surely.

Sources said the EFSF had spent more than € 100m buying up its own bonds to help it achieve its funding target after the banks leading the deal were only able to find about €2.7bn of outside demand for the debt.

The revelation will be seen as a major failure and a worrying sign of future buyers strike after EFSF officials and their bankers had spent recent weeks travelling the world attempting to persuade key investors, including China's national wealth fund and Japanese government funds, to buy its bonds.

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 04:36 AM
link   
They have failed to find Higgs Boson, they have failed to provide God, and now all they do is PRETEND that there is such thing as unlimited source of FREE ENERGY

They have created cancer and are afraid to diagnose themselves...

The Higgs boson is a hypothetical massive elementary particle that is predicted to exist by the Standard Model (SM) of particle physics. Its existence is postulated as a means of resolving inconsistencies in the Standard Model. Experiments attempting to find the particle are currently being performed using the Large Hadron Collider (LHC) at CERN, and were performed at Fermilab's Tevatron until Tevatron's closure in late 2011.

en.wikipedia.org...

If anybody still thinks that physics is really about natural order of things, he should stop and think again.

EFSF is nothing but this hypothetical perpetuum mobile God supposed to Emanate Love on everyone

As for the Standard Model - well, it's gonna blow

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 08:20 AM
link   

Obama outlines pan-Pacific trade plan at Apec summit

Speaking in Honolulu on Saturday, Mr Obama said: "Together we can boost exports and create more goods available for our consumers, create new jobs. Compete, win in the markets of the future."

www.bbc.co.uk...

What's this Heisenberg talking about?

www.youtube.com...

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 09:27 AM
link   
The deadline for the Super Committee is 10 days away. This was not a good idea and I do not think it will bear fruit. There is speculation that if nothing comes of this super committee and the cuts needed are not agreed upon that the US will be downgraded again. I think the month of November is going to be quite interesting in regards to world economics.

I would comment on the APEC meeting but I am still stinging from my President stating that "we have been lazy over the past decades."

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 09:40 AM
link   
Experimenting with posting information. I thought this was an interesting chart. China seems to see us all in a very realistic light.

chartsbin.com...
edit on 13-11-2011 by AuntB because: (no reason given)

edit on 13-11-2011 by AuntB because: link needed tweeking

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 10:24 AM
link   
reply to post by DangerDeath

I have came to the conclusion a long time ago, that anything that our politicrats talks about is nothing but bull crap, that is all the spew our of their corporate ridden mouths, bull crap.

Bull crap do not create jobs, do not helps any economy and all it does is enrich the pockets of those that they cater too, while screwing the citizens.

And yes I am in a bad mood, so tired of the BS going on around the world.

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 10:37 AM
link   
All politicians do is simulating activity while at the same time telling slaves they are lazy and disloyal and non-patriotic and they should be more heroic and jump into the leaking reactors and sacrifice themselves

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 10:43 AM
link   
The numbers from the stock market are signaling that the end of times is very near.

It's not about "economic collapse". It's not about the stock market on itself. It's about the end of the world.

It's numerology. Pay attention in the numbers coming from the stock exchange... They are a signal. A very clear signal.

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 11:03 AM
link   
I know that most people in this thread have a lot of knowledge about the stock exchange, so, people here will see that what I will tell bellow can not be "coincidence".

The disaster movie "2012", about "the end of the world" was released in November 13, 2009, a Friday.

Then we had the first weekend of the movie. During the weekend the stock market is closed.

When the stock market re-opened on the Monday, November 16, 2009, the S&P 500 finished the day at 1,109 points.

At 1,109 points, it means that the S&P 500 was 66.6% above the multi-year bottom of 666 points reached in March 2009.

The following day, November 17, 2009, the S&P 500 finished the day almost unchanged (what is very rare), at 1,110 points.

And in the following day, November 18, 2009, the S&P 500 fell back 1 point, to close at 1109 points again.

It finished 66.6% above the 666 bottom of March, three days in a row.

Do you really think it's a coincidence?

How many times in the history of the stock market, the S&P 500 rose just one single point in a day, and fell back one single point in the following day, to close back at the same level of two days early?

The answer: just one time. And it was in the first three trading days after the release of the movie "2012".

The intraday "bottom" of the S&P 500 in the current recession was at 666.79 points on March 6, 2009.

Standard & Poors downgraded the USA from the AAA rating on August 2011, sparking the new phase of the sovereign debt crisis that we are experiencing now in the second half of 2011.

When they did that, the stock markets around the world dropped sharply. BUT... Do you know how much their own S&P 500 stock index has dropped on that day in early August?

Yes... It dropped exactly 6.66%

Things to consider:

1 - 666 is not a number like any other. It has a cultural meaning: the number of Apocalypse.

2 - What are the probabilities that a stock market index that is falling during a recession hits the 666 mark and stop falling, and start to go up again, and in the following 2 years and a half never go bellow that 666 mark again?

3 - What are the probabilities of a stock market index that NEVER has a fluctuation of only one single point from one day to the following day, has such a unlikely behavior not just one time, but two days in a row? And in the 3 days that the index amazingly closes basically unchanged, it happens to be 66.6% above the 666 bottom mentioned on the item 2 above. And all of this happens just in the first three trading days after the release of a disaster movie that talks about the end of the world (Apocalipse) in the year 2012...

4 - What are the probabilities of the S&P 500 index falling exactly 6.66% because of the downgrade of the sovereign debt of the USA by Standard & Poors, the same agency that is responsible for the S&P 500 index?

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 11:10 AM
link   
Each time you have a "revelation" the world ends. It happens all the time. But it is not a historical event. It is personal event. A good one.

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by DangerDeath
Each time you have a "revelation" the world ends. It happens all the time. But it is not a historical event. It is personal event. A good one.

I hope it's just "personal".

The odometer of my car reached 66666 kilometers in the day of my brithday. I hope you don't think I'm joking...

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 11:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheGreatRevelation

The odometer of my car reached 66666 kilometers in the day of my brithday. I hope you don't think I'm joking...

I think you are simply projecting meaning onto some numerical "expressions" which is very arbitrary.
66,6% is simply 2/3 of something. S&P, if it really is some kind of entity with a mind of its own, perhaps wants to maintain it's mass or volume or whatever in relation to "something" at this level, because it leaves it enough energy to maintain initiative in a dynamical environment of markets.

As for your birthday - happy birthday to you

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 11:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheGreatRevelation

I think you are simply projecting meaning onto some numerical "expressions" which is very arbitrary.
66,6% is simply 2/3 of something. S&P, if it really is some kind of entity with a mind of its own, perhaps wants to maintain it's mass or volume or whatever in relation to "something" at this level, because it leaves it enough energy to maintain initiative in a dynamical environment of markets.

As for your birthday - happy birthday to you

My birthday was many months ago...

I was a little scared about the 66666 thing, but I didn't give it much attention...

And so, on 11-11-11, after doing some research about that 666 bottom of the S&P 500 in March 2009, I discovered about the "three days in November" of 2009, after the release of the movie. And realized about the downgrade and the 6.66% fall.

My interpretation now is that the 66666 in my birthday was a warning that I was about to decifer the 666 enigma...

Call me a charlatan, if you want. I'm not revealing my real name, and I'm not asking for money from anyone. I don't want to be famous, and I don't want money.

I just NEED to share this discovery with as many people I can, otherwise I will become crazy.

new topics

top topics

<< 801  802  803    805  806  807 >>

join