It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The "up-to-the-minute Market Data" thread

page: 800
<< 797  798  799    801  802  803 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by AuntB
I have nothing real intellegent to say other then I am watching and continue to do so. It just keeps going and going. I read something that said this decline could take years where as others say it will happen quick like dominoes. The whole market thing is crazy. On one IRA account I made 9% this year and the other account I had losses so bad I don't even want to put a number to it. I will say the losing account was heavily invested in Euro stocks.

your 9% gain is on the heels of real inflation of 13%. so really you lost 4% of your wealth. I dropped my 401k a year ago because of this. Ive bought into silver and gold and have not looked back

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 11:36 AM
link   
It's a computer game.
Don't think it's anything else.
It has all been anticipated in literature.
Too bad people don't take literature seriously.
The concoction of ideas and emotions does the job, so people stay stunned and are insensitive to the true nature of the game.

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 01:27 PM
link   
RED ALERT.....STOP, RED ALERT....STOP, DIVE, DIVE, DIVE...STOP.

DOW DOWN -429.05 points

did someone just wake up and read the news.

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 01:38 PM
link   
reply to post by camaro68ss

No big deal. The markets go up and down. Something else will happen and there will be a buying bonanza tomorrow.

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 01:44 PM
link   
Did Merkel Just Usher In The Deutsche Mark?

Rather worryingly, Bloomberg is reporting a Handelsblatt report (due tomorrow) that Mrs. Merkel is investigating ways to enable countries to leave the Euro.

Merkel's CDU Seeks to Make Euro Exits Possible (via Bloomberg):

RMBS patents ruled invalidGerman Chancellor Angela Merkel’s Christian Democratic Union party wants to make it possible for European Union members to exit the euro area, Handelsblatt reported in a preview of an article to be published tomorrow, citing unnamed participants in the discussion.

A commission within the party, that is crafting a framework to be presented at a party meeting, has proposed allowing a euro member who doesn’t want to or isn’t able to comply with the common currency rules to leave the euro region without losing membership in the EU, the newspaper said.

Incredible!

I guess we´ll see tomorrow when the Article is out...

Euro zone has no plans to rescue Italy: officials

(Reuters) - The euro zone has no plans for a financial rescue of Italy, even though borrowing costs of the euro zone's third biggest economy have risen sharply to levels that economists see as unsustainable, euro zone officials said on Wednesday.

Hm...well,Italy is finished either way,since the Magic 7 % was breached. And when Italy goes down (because noone can bail out a Monster like this (tell that to Politicans,because they are going to try that sooner or later anyway,no matter how useless it is) French Banks are toast,if they don´t blow up sooner now with the Bonds soaring. They are full of Italian BS,so France is going to go down (or at least get downgraded) after Italy is finished.

Maybe,just maybe,Germany is finally seeing the light and is preparing to get out (see the first Article in this Post) but knowing how corrupted our so called "Democratic" System has become,i doubt it.

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by camaro68ss

I have nothing real intellegent to say other then I am watching and continue to do so. It just keeps going and going. I read something that said this decline could take years where as others say it will happen quick like dominoes. The whole market thing is crazy. On one IRA account I made 9% this year and the other account I had losses so bad I don't even want to put a number to it. I will say the losing account was heavily invested in Euro stocks.

your 9% gain is on the heels of real inflation of 13%. so really you lost 4% of your wealth. I dropped my 401k a year ago because of this. Ive bought into silver and gold and have not looked back
Well geesh camaro.. way to pop my balloon, kick my kitten and rain on my parade. Any other depressing thoughts you want to send my way? . Actually your post made me laugh and think **** I just can't win in this market.

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by camaro68ss

Well geesh camaro.. way to pop my balloon, kick my kitten and rain on my parade. Any other depressing thoughts you want to send my way? . Actually your post made me laugh and think **** I just can't win in this market.

Sorry, I did not mean to rain on your parade
Im just telling you the truth. From the many articals i have seen, if you use Clintons inflation calculations that he used when he was the POTUS, inflation would be at 13% right now!

Now what does that tell you about the US Bond Market? = BIG FAT LOSER! For you to make money in the US bond market, rates would have to be over 13%! that would be DOOM for america if that happens!

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 03:26 PM
link   
Watch now how Iran suddenly saves Western World from financial meltdown

NOT the asteroid!

And the exercise in cutting all radio electronic emissions - as in nukelar explosion. Something fishy in that tsunami exercise too...

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 03:30 PM
link   
reply to post by camaro68ss

Is a lot of factors, that brought the dow down today, I still believe that the news of the end of Monday may be tomorrow.

Just wishful thinking, actually.

Expect higher prices of oil and gas this winter people

We need more of Buffett billions in the Markets tomorrow.

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 04:03 PM
link   
Game Over? Reuters Says Germany, France Exploring Idea Of Core Euro Zone, End Of Existing Structure

If anyone needed the proper epitaph for the insane stupidity out of Europe, Reuters may have just provided it. In an exclusive article, Reuters stuns us with the following: "German and French officials have discussed plans for a radical overhaul of the European Union that would involve establishing a more integrated and potentially smaller euro zone, EU sources say. French President Nicolas Sarkozy gave some flavour of his thinking during an address to students in the eastern French city of Strasbourg on Tuesday, when he said a two-speed Europe -- the euro zone moving ahead more rapidly than all 27 countries in the EU -- was the only model for the future." It gets much worse: "The discussions among senior policymakers in Paris, Berlin and Brussels go further, raising the possibility of one or more countries leaving the euro zone, while the remaining core pushes on towards deeper economic integration, including on tax and fiscal policy."

So a stronger euro, even if it's smaller... giving up more of sovergnity... yeah I bet people will be thrilled...NOT.

BREAKING NEWS: DEMS WALK AWAY FROM SUPER COMMITTEE

Latest update on the lack of progress for Dems and Republicans to reach a tax deal. Yesterday Democrats of the Super Committee rejected Republicans' offer to "raise federal tax collections by nearly $300 billion over the next decade."

Senator Rand Paul exclusively has JUST told Sean that not only are Democrats rejecting offers put on the table, but now they won't even continue to negotiate and have "walked away from the table...refusing to talk to the Republicans."

Duh. Prepare for another downgrade, because it's coming.

Perhaps It Is Time For Another Statement From Jefferies

4 statements later, countless promises, several Leucadia triple-downs, and one 2-page CUSIP statement later and... Jefferies is down 9.2%. Perhaps the market was not all that convinced that "Jefferies is fine" after all.

Jefferies is going down... which I will remind you, is a primary dealer.

BlackRock Responds To Zero Hedge Query On Its Italian Debt Exposure

Earlier we asked some simple questions regarding BlackRock's sovereign debt exposure. Multi-trillion asset manager BlackRock responds:

BLACKROCK RESPONDS TO QUESTIONS ON ITALIAN DEBT HOLDINGS
BLACKROCK COMFORTABLE WITH INTERMEDIATE ITALIAN BONDS
BLACKROCK ENCOURAGED POLICY MAKERS ADDRESSING CHALLENGES
BLACKROCK CHIEF INVESTMENT OFFICER RIEDER COMMENTS IN A NOTE

Hopefully this response will satisfy the market and make it comfortable with BlackRock as an intermediate-term going concern. Then again clarifications such as this one by other Blackrock professionals, namely that the market is wrong, probably will not help:

BLACKROCK'S ROVELLI: ITALY SPREADS DON'T REFLECT FUNDAMENTALS

So, what happens if the spreads do reflect fundamentals?

Blackrock going down would be pretty much game over for the whole system... and they are betting that Italy will be bailed out...
So we're pretty much screwed...

BlackRock controls 3.34 TRILLION in assets... what ya think will happen if all that is frozen or a bunch of that is lost in nature when they go belly up? Kaboom.

US Decoupling Over: JPM Cuts Q3 GDP From 2.3% To 1.6%
Ooops. And I bet it's gonna end up lower than that.

Finally :

PAPANDREOU RESIGNS
PAPANDREOU DOESN'T SAY WHO WILL LEAD NEW GOVERNMENT
PAPANDREOU SAYS AIMED FOR CONSENSUS FROM BEGINNING
PAPANDREOU SAYS HAS CONSENSUS NOW
PAPANDREOU SAYS NEED OF UNITY MORE THAN EVER BEFORE
PAPANDREOU SAYS GREECE MUST DO ALL TO STAY IN EURO
PAPANDREOU SAYS GREECE MUST DO ALL TO EXIT CRISIS
PAPANDREOU SAYS NEED OF UNITY MORE THAN EVER BEFORE
PAPANDREOU SAYS WILL DO WHATEVER IS NECESSARY TO IMPLEMENT EU AID DEAL

Goldman Expects Another 10% Margin Hike For Italian Bonds

Here's why: " Should Italian BTPs trade above 450bp relative to AAA-rated EMU sovereigns over a period of time, the initial margin would increase by a further 10%. Currently, the initial margin for repo on Italian securities on LCH ranges between around 4% and 20%, increasing along the maturity structure." The take away from the above - another 10% margin hike is coming.

Killing even more the stock market, the Italian yields and French banks...

Presenting Today's 10-Sigma Move In BTP-Bund Spreads

and in case you thought it was just Italy, the contagion is truly rotten to the core as OATs crack over 17bps wider to Bunds - the largest single-day widening in history and over 8 standard deviations.

Biggest jump in history... no biggie right?

Italian Exposure By Bank

Intesa €60.2 BN
UniCredit €49.1 BN,
Banca Monte €32.5 BN
BNP Paribas €28.0 BN
Dexia €15.8 BN
Banco Popolare €11.8 BN
Commerzbank €11.7 BN
Credit Agricole €10.8 BN
UBI €10.5 BN
HSBC €9.9 BN
Barclays €9.4 BN
SocGen €8.8 BN
Deutsche Bank €7.7 BN

Italy, France and Germany are screwed basically. So is Belgium.

Visualizing Where The Pain Is: Summary Of Biggest Exposures To Italy

France : 416.4B
Germany : 161.8B
UK : 73.7B
Netherlands : 52.1B
US : 46.9B
Japan : 44.2B
Spain : 39.8B
Switzerland : 26.7B

All these countries cannot afford these losses... Especially France...

Goldman Exposure To European Banks And Governments: $56 Billion
Awwwwwwwww... die Goldman, DIE!

And Now: France

French Bund spreads have just crossed 147 bps as the "cash bond long yet unable to hedge with CDS" crowd realizes that the Italian contagion is about to hit Paris.

France is next. Downgrade before the election.
edit on 9-11-2011 by Vitchilo because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 04:03 PM
link   
$50 says tomorrow the headlines read "stock rise on European, Italy optimism."

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rockpuck

I will take the other side of that bet...

Are you talking about European markets or US markets?

Jefferson County Makes Motion To File Chapter 9 Bankruptcy

The bad news for JP Morgan just keep on coming. According to the Tweeter account of Birmingham News, "Jefferson County Commission makes motion to file bankruptcy."

Update :

"Jeffco bankruptcy: Commissioners are now discussing the motion. They have not voted yet."

Should be fun... they have a population of 658k people...
So it's BIG...

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rockpuck

Stocks rise as the euro nations announces this is the fall season of recover. A plan will soon be made to make a plan to bail out the union. Dow skyrockets. China to bail out world.

In other news Double Rainbow man catches a Unicorn on film pooping $100 bills.

Im so tired of this market. Just crash already. Im ready for the zombies
edit on 9-11-2011 by camaro68ss because: (no reason given)

edit on 9-11-2011 by camaro68ss because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vitchilo

BREAKING NEWS: DEMS WALK AWAY FROM SUPER COMMITTEE

Latest update on the lack of progress for Dems and Republicans to reach a tax deal. Yesterday Democrats of the Super Committee rejected Republicans' offer to "raise federal tax collections by nearly $300 billion over the next decade."

Senator Rand Paul exclusively has JUST told Sean that not only are Democrats rejecting offers put on the table, but now they won't even continue to negotiate and have "walked away from the table...refusing to talk to the Republicans."

Did I read that correct? Dems are walking away from raising tax collecting. What is going on? Yes, I knew this super committee was just another dumb Obummer idea but these people aren't even trying to save our country. What is their gain in this?

edit on 9-11-2011 by AuntB because: my writing is in the box???

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 04:24 PM
link   
reply to post by AuntB

Makes you wonder why we had those Alert system test today huh? looks like the goverment has some ideas for us down the road

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 04:32 PM
link   
reply to post by AuntB

``Blame it on republicans``... you betcha. Democrats had control of the purse from 2006 to 2010... they never cut the budget... Then it's 2011 and suddenly deficits are bad and it's all the republicans fault...

Both parties love to spend, right now, a lot of people in congress are trying to destroy the ``automatic cuts``...

Downgrade coming right up.

And an update on Jefferson County :

JEFFERSON COUNTY COMMISSION VOTES FOR RECORD MUNI BANKRUPTCY, commissioners vote 4 to 1 to screw over JP Morgan

Awwwwwwww

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vitchilo
reply to post by AuntB

``Blame it on republicans``... you betcha. Democrats had control of the purse from 2006 to 2010... they never cut the budget... Then it's 2011 and suddenly deficits are bad and it's all the republicans fault...

Both parties love to spend, right now, a lot of people in congress are trying to destroy the ``automatic cuts``...

Downgrade coming right up.

And an update on Jefferson County :

JEFFERSON COUNTY COMMISSION VOTES FOR RECORD MUNI BANKRUPTCY, commissioners vote 4 to 1 to screw over JP Morgan

Awwwwwwww

I dont understand why JP Morgan is screwed? did JP loan money to Jerrerson county MUNI?

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 04:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

Apparently it is the largest ever Chapter 9 filing, or as Bloomberg put it,
the biggest muni bankruptcy. Is this what Meredith Whitney was talking about and being criticised for?

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 04:43 PM
link   
reply to post by surrealist

Yep. Meredith Whitney called it a little in advance, but she's totally right.

Meredith Whitney's prediction :

On December 19, 2010, Whitney was accused of stating that between fifty and a hundred counties, cities, and towns in the United States would have "significant" municipal bond defaults starting in 2011, totaling "hundreds of billions" of dollars in losses.

And the feds won't be able to bail them out.

Anyway I made a thread about it...
Jefferson County Files Largest Ever Chapter 9 Filing:

The largest ever Chapter 9 bankruptcy deserves it...

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 04:47 PM
link   
so any ideas on when we should head for the hills, Literally?

My que is when JP morgan, or Bank of America fall.

new topics

top topics

<< 797  798  799    801  802  803 >>

join