It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The "up-to-the-minute Market Data" thread

page: 793
<< 790  791  792    794  795  796 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 02:07 AM
link   
Well the Italian bond spread is open again, already rising by 1.22% in the first 5 minutes.

Now at 442... If it closes above 450, kaboom.

To follow it

Well good night.

OK I cheated I'm not sleeping yet... but it has broken 450 and is now at 456... if it closes above 450... it's over.

It has broken new records, that's for sure. France is done.

Edit : now 458 points.
Edit again : almost 460!
Edit again 2 : almost 462!

The ECB must intervene soon or Europe is screwed.
edit on 3-11-2011 by Vitchilo because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 02:56 AM
link   
online.wsj.com...

Well, it doesn't say millions but milliards...

Protesters Flock to G-20 Talks

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 02:59 AM
link   
reply to post by DangerDeath

Well it's in France...

They are 20, we are millions

As you said DangerDeath, we are not millions, we are milliards (billions).

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 03:45 AM
link   
Okay, Europe starts in red. I wonder why. ... Seriously, the two still floating leaders are having a meeting...

The situation in Oakland is trace blazing the way. Shall we ignore it?

I think the Big EMP already happened, but it didn't work "as expected". Seems it didn't affect computers and electronic devices, instead, it affected - people

More and more I do believe in effective influence from celestial bodies.

I am waiting for the first bullet to be shot. It will be recognized as such, no doubt about that. Not the "accident".

www.cbsnews.com...

Occupy Oakland protesters clash with police

i.i.com.com...

Protesters start a large bonfire in the middle of a downtown street in Oakland Calif., Nov. 2, 2011. (AP)

What was anticipated in "Dark Angel" is coming true...

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 04:46 AM
link   
I guess this is it.
The fan has just started. Blowing air for now but i don't wanna think about 2012.
Is there anyone confident in Europe right now? because it seems they don't even have a short term solution for the greek, its crazy. btw praying is not a solution.

Here's a few solutions just so i\'m not labeled as a part of the problem. I know we talking about insane amount of money but every small things could help i think.
-Cut military spending to the minimum(salary and gas only) Make the soldiers do something useful for a change. No mo\' bullets.
-Legalize it. Industrialy speaking of course. Means, cheap paper and textile.
-Regulate stuff here and there, if they feel gutsy go for profit of multinationals
-Screw the euro zone, euro countries have shown they are only interested at saving their butt.

-Break a leg, not literally of course.

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 07:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vitchilo
Remember how subprime home loans destroyed the economy? Well say hello to subprime auto loans.

Yes, Vitchilo, is nothing but a scam this type of loan, around my neighborhood is like 5 different small dealers that sell cars with the motto buy here pay here, people flock to those dealers to get cars that look great but are nothing but lemons.

Here in the south they are booming with those type of loans.

People can no even see the scam, I have a neighbor that gets a "new car every year sometimes less" from those dealers, the cars brake down all the time and they change them in no time, (the dealer does), the interest is outrageous and you have to pay interest to the Dealer first for a few months before paying into the loan itself.

My husband try to tell them that is considered a scam but with a bankruptcy in their backs that is all they can afford and been scammed at the same time.

Sad.

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 08:04 AM
link   
Recapping from the last few days this is what is going on the Greece Government knows that they are holding the EU by the balls, if you got back to when the Greek minister of finances said that the Papas was unstable, in a phone interview he said that their their DEMANDS were more than the mere 50% haircut offered, they want total erasing of debt that is what they want.

Now Merkel was talking on Tuesday about Italy austerity package before the Italian government follow on the Greece chance of mind, it was a littler to late, Italy now knows that they can also get away pulling a Greece no in the same scale but they know that like Greece they can put their demands on the table and hold all the cards.

In other words, the countries in debt are the ones holding the cards and able to do demands, no the debtors countries that is what is going to kill the EU, Germany and France are not longer in charge but the most indebted countries in the EU are and they all know it.

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Update at 11:07 a.m. ET: Two officials close to Greek Prime Minister George Papandreou says he scrapped his referendum plan after the main opposition leader said would back it, the AP reports.

The officials tell the AP that Papandreou made the comments during an emergency Cabinet meeting today. One also says the premier would not resign despite mounting pressure, and would await the outcome of Friday's confidence vote in his government.

A bloke and a joke

Reports: Greece to scrap bailout referendum

content.usatoday.com...

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 11:12 AM
link   

The government is braking apart, this news are not to be taken seriously until the Prime minister himself comes out publicly an bring the news.

But he will not because the country will fall into chaos as the people are ready for a take over.

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 11:17 AM
link   
The markets rally on hopes and dreams

European Central Bank delivers a surprise interest rate cut The European Central Bank has cut interest rates by a quarter percentage point under new head Mario Draghi as it tries to boost a weakening economy that's reeling from a government debt crisis that threatens to spread from Greece.

Anything just to keep the EU markets from going down the hill.

The dramatic debut move from Draghi, which comes earlier than expected by many economists, takes the bank's benchmark rate to 1.25%.

European growth is expected to slow down in the last three months of the year, and the rate cut is aimed at preventing an outright recession. Uncertainty from Europe's debt crisis is a factor as business and consumers are reluctant to spend and investors are worried of the potential for more financial turmoil if Greece defaults on its debts.

I love how the EU keeps delaying what it can not stop.

www.usatoday.com...

This brings me to that rap song that goes "HOW LOW CAN YOU GO"

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 11:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043

The government is braking apart, this news are not to be taken seriously until the Prime minister himself comes out publicly an bring the news.

But he will not because the country will fall into chaos as the people are ready for a take over.

He already went on Sky news to say the referendum is off,
news.sky.com...

Greece's Prime Minister has told Sky News the referendum on the the eurozone bailout plan will no longer go ahead - and it was never his intention for it to happen.

Ah, democracy at work...

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 11:22 AM
link   
Obama won't offer aid to eurozone at G-20 summit

That means support directly from the president, but that doesn't mean that money could be funneled by the IMF with the Federal Reserve that doesn't need any congress approval or presidential approval for the funds.

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 11:24 AM
link   
reply to post by thoughtsfull

He is now talking to directly to the G20 but so far he has not brought up the referendum just what his country has done so far with the austerity.

So we need to wait and see if he will announce no referendum in from of the G20.

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 11:28 AM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

Thanks for the cold water
needed that to remind me this farce gets more like the antics of a school yard by the day.. *shakes head at the upside down world we live in*

edit on 3/11/11 by thoughtsfull because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 11:39 AM
link   

Either way the change of government is going to happen as the Greek people will be pushing for it, the default will happen as Greece debt is unsustainable, I think they still have some something up their sleeves, I think the Greek governments wants the EU to erase all the debt, still is nothing but defaulting but with no repercussions.

He now said in from of the G20 that it will be a vote of confidence tomorrow, that the referendum was not his first choice, but he has not taken it out of the table, but will wait for the vote of confidence tomorrow.

More to come is still developing.

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 11:53 AM
link   
Officially no referendum as Papas told G20 at the end, but, still waiting for vote of confidence, now this doesn't mean that the people will welcome the news very well and that Papas government is actually over.

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 12:05 PM
link   
Producing words and images is (human) life.
This is what all of them always wanted - to live in a TIME OUT where nothing can really be done, a no-win and no-lose situation forever

It is not that Greeks want their debt to be scrapped. It's just that they anticipate it has to happen, because once Greek situation is "taken care of", others' turn comes too fast to soon.

The system can only be saved if it is reset. And if it is reset, then it is no more.

So, they will try something else, which is fearful.

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 12:11 PM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

It seems to me we have here a merry-go-round of half truths and false hopes that no one can actually get of from. To many games within games for me to keep track of, but well done you tho
as I tend to follow your comments for sense and sane explanations as to what is happening.

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 12:14 PM
link   

I agree, but for what we know now is that the Greek government is waiting for the vote of confidence tomorrow, now how will that go we may have to wait, in my opinion Papas government is over and the people in Greece will no welcome him very good when he goes back.

Is not over until the people have the last word, or . . . the fat lady sing.

edit on 3-11-2011 by marg6043 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 12:34 PM
link   
Second US primary dealer going down in a WEEK... can you say economic doom?
Jefferies -20%, Halted, Unhalted, Halted, Unhalted As Market Seems To Have Found The Next MF

Presented without comment suffice to say that while everyone is focusing on Europe, the US may be about to have its second failed Primary Dealer in a week (and to note the cockroach reference from yesterday):

America banking system is totally safe... totally not falling apart...

Thank God European Inflation Is Under Control: Charting Italian CPI
Inflation at 3.8% (officially)... in august 2008 it was around 4.2%... just before the crash.

And no referendum in Greece... that is just disgusting... I hope people overthrow the government and hang all of these SOBs.

Consumer Comfort Index And State Of The Economy Almost Record Lows

Specifically the State of the Economy index is only fractionally above its record lows from Feb09 - about as bad as it can get!!

Bullish... not.

Italian bund spread back down... awwwwww. Now at 428...

And all of the deals, etc... won't matter if Israel attacks Iran... oil will skyrocket to $150+ a barrel and what was left of the economy will be gone.

new topics

top topics

<< 790  791  792    794  795  796 >>

join