It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The "up-to-the-minute Market Data" thread

page: 783
<< 780  781  782    784  785  786 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 09:13 AM
link   
reply to post by KingAtlas

well alot of users on Market Watch arent buying this stock rally.

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 09:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Agent_USA_Supporter

I hope not.

Right now it's all about short gains, the long gains have mostly been in imerging markets... and everyone knows how they are doing.

Even bonds aren't safe anymore, I mean if one country gets a haircut everyone will expect one, and will probably calculate that into their strategy.

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 09:21 AM
link   
Thanks for the information.

Fund managers give guarded welcome to rescue deal

I wonder why?

EUROPE - Finance practitioners generally echoed the welcome markets gave to details of the latest, expanded eurozone rescue deal, but said the "eye of the storm" will now move to focus on Italy and its beleaguered ruling coalition.

Hum, Italy now, right?

"Eyes will now turn to the next summit in early November, but as long as there is continued progress towards these objectives, investors should go on signalling their approval."

Dominic Rossi, global chief investment officier for equities at Fidelity Worldwide Investment said eyes would turn immediately to Rome.

"The eye of the storm will now move to Rome and its fragile government. I don't think yields on Italian debt will fall on the back of this agreement for long."

I see now is one nation at a time, when it comes to dealing with problems, more bailouts?

He said if the rescue fund was not on a sound equity base, saying it would be leveraged many-fold was just "a heroic piece of financial alchemy.

"It's effectively an insurance company selling protection against its own default. You can understand why the insurance company would want to sell it, but it is yet to be seen whether the Chinese would want to underwrite it."

www.globalpensions.com...

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 09:25 AM
link   
I can not get out of my mind how crafty this financial institutions are

Another scam in the making? or just a brilliant idea

UK - The National Employment Saving Trust is set to develop its own internal market to switch equities and bonds between members’ funds, its head of investment policy says.
The internal market will shift assets from fund to fund to assist NEST’s target dated member approach and act as an alternative to buying and selling assets on the external market

That sounds good enough but.

Head of investment policy Paul Todd said: “NEST can develop an internal market where you are selling units from one fund to a newer fund that has just been created.

“This means we don’t have to spend lots of time selling equities to buy bonds and having the drag you get with traditional lifestyle approaches.”

NEST is the state-introduced defined contribution scheme put in place prior to auto-enrolment’s roll out next year.

The use of target date funds will mean different age cohorts will have varied investment requirements as they approach retirement, which will allow the scheme to shift assets from fund to fund.

Another scam?

www.globalpensions.com...

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 09:36 AM
link   
Pending Home Sales Miss, Decline For Third Month; NAR Criticizes Flawed Monetary Policy As Culprit

the second being the nth consecutive print in initial claims over 400, which was the pending home sales update from the NAR which printed at -4.6% on expectations of an increase of 0.4%, and down from last month's -1.2%. This is the third consecutive monthly slide in sales data, and merely adds to yesterday's near record drop in median home prices, once again simply confirming that the biggest source of US "wealth" housing still has a long way to drop.

Good. Prices of homes need to go down. The bubble needs to burst.
edit on 27-10-2011 by Vitchilo because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 09:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

Unless you own a home!

We got the latest appraisal from the county two weeks ago ... lost another 10k
On the plus side, property taxes will go down (yay!) but still financially !@$!$

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 09:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Rockpuck

Well you are lucky, we just got another tax increase on properties this year, even when the neighborhood is plague by empty homes.

I guess the county needs to make money no matter what.

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 09:54 AM
link   
I think this was declaration of war.
Globalization didn't work. Too soon too fast.
Now, this is like spilling oil from a ship on the rough sea. Works fine for the moment, but then all hell goes loose.
Forget globalization and Pope's tired rant. Even EU won't work, not to mention the Globe.
As for repairing the system. Who can turn Sahara back into fertile land it once was? It is not possible. Not before ten thousand years.
This clearly means the cannibalism will occur.
Globalization, globalization, globalization, blah blah blah.
When money loses its value, weapons gain initiative.
Keep an eye on Libya. They invite NATO. Libya is dangerously close to Europe, France and Italy will fight over it, and so will others. History repeats.
Repetitio mater studiorum.

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 10:01 AM
link   
reply to post by DangerDeath

Oh, yeah, you are right, Libya have clean resources to sell along with their meat ( I mean citizens ) a lot of money to be made from those two when the rest of the global economy has already gamble their own resources and citizens wealth away.

The Libya leaders will be put on priority and protected by the global scavengers as long as they submit to the global gambling, is so much money to be made while putting the nation in debt, screw the citizens they are nothing but cattle to profit from.

Nothing but bad karma will come out of this.

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 10:12 AM
link   
And it gets better...

And So They Line Up At The Concessions Trough: "Irish Spy Opportunity" In Greek Debt Blue Light Special

When sharing our kneejerk reaction to yesterday's latest European resolution, we pointed out the obvious: "Portugal, Ireland, Spain and Italy will promptly commence sabotaging their economies (just like Greece) simply to get the same debt Blue Light special as Greece." Sure enough, 6 hours later Bloomberg is out with the appropriately titled: "Irish Spy Reward Opportunity in Greece’s Debt Hole." Bloomberg notes that Ireland has not even waited for the ink to be dry before sending out feelers on just what the possible "rewards" may be: "Greece’s failure to cut spending and boost revenue by enough to meet targets set by the European Union and International Monetary Fund prompted bondholders to accept a 50 percent loss on its debt. While Ireland won’t seek debt discounts, the government might pursue other relief given to Greece, including cheaper interest payments on aid and longer to repay it, according to a person familiar with the matter who declined to be identified as no final decision has been taken." There is one very important addition here: "While Ireland won't seek debt discounts" yet. And seek it will: after all, all Ireland needs is for its economy to mysteriously resume its deterioration. Purposefully. Impossible you say? Well, maybe. Or maybe the tricky Irish statistical bureau can just pull a page from their Greek colleagues on just how this is done. And Ireland is just the beginning. Very soon, and by that we mean 24-48 hours, every country in Europe that is undergoing "austerity" (which in Italy's case means increase the retirement age by 2 years over the next 15 years, or 49 days per year), will see its striking (and rioting) fringe elements demand just the same that Greece got, and probably far more. Which then goes right back to the question: yes, French exposure to Greek banks is limited. But what about Irish, Portugues, Spanish and finally Italian exposure? Will that be something to be a little more worried about?

MUHAHAHAHA

Good work Europe: you just bought yourself a few days... and shot yourself in the femoral artery at the same time.

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 10:26 AM
link   
Absolutely. Debt too is no better than hope - you hope it will be returned

I can see how they act relief on their faces. Amateurs.
But everybody, like Ireland in this example, is already working speedily to secure whatever can be grabbed before someone pulls a gun.

And. yes. It has just been confirmed in the headlines. Madoff has no intention of committing suicide. We are all relieved...

Here, here. They give the key to the situation.

Madoff regrets duping relatives, not clients

www.google.com...

This is the THIRD headline about Madoff in 24 hours, who hes been a while rotting in jail. Now suddenly reappears...

It's like no honest politician would do what this crooked sicko Bernie did to his family and friends

edit on 27-10-2011 by DangerDeath because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 10:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Rockpuck

Unless you own a home!

Depends. If you live in there, no biggie. If you want to sell, then it is a problem.

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 10:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Shenon

That is why all eyes are on "Italy for november meeting", yes another meeting but this time is for "Italy" I guess they are preparing for the next country on the EU economic Saga, so what this means, that it will be another funding separated from the last one for Italy?

"The eye of the storm will now move to Rome and its fragile government. I don't think yields on Italian debt will fall on the back of this agreement for long."

So is no surprised that a Default from Rome could come, is been Awareness on the problem.

He said the deal announced by leaders after 4am this morning was "not the game changer. Italy's 120% debt-to-GDP doesn't look any more sustainable today than yesterday. Europe is destined for a multi-year workout during where economic growth will be very restrained and equities will remain cheap."

Is most be really nice to when you can create funds and do transfers with a push of an electronic button.

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 11:35 AM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

Lets ignore the absurd Rally in the Stock Markets and look at Gold,Silver and Oil instead...Something is up,but we already knew that,didn´t we?

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 12:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Shenon

Is pre election year for the US, so expect things to rally quite smoothly for the next few months until elections, we got a nice littler history of "pre election rallies".

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rockpuck

We got the latest appraisal from the county two weeks ago ... lost another 10k
On the plus side, property taxes will go down (yay!) but still financially !@$!$

Will go down? Not here...the value of my house went down by about $6,000 this year and they still upped my property taxes 2%.

(I was never good at math, but that seems bassackwards to me!

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 12:54 PM
link   
Auction Which Sends US Debt To Over $15 Trillion Has Very Weak Reception; Drags Treasury Complex Lower

Today's epic risk rally has been punctuated by something probably not all that surprising: a very weak $29 billion 7 Year auction, which has since dragged the entire bond curve even lower. The bond priced at a high yield of 1.791%, a notable 3 bps tail to the When Issued which was trading at 1.76 at 1 pm. But the internals are again where the action is: the Bid To Cover of 2.59 was the lowest in the series since the 2.26 back in May 2009!

Ooops.

And of course it sends the debt over 15 trillion. Yay.

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 01:20 PM
link   
S&P Lowers Rating On Cyprus One Notch To BBB, Third Cut This Year

Standard & Poor's Ratings Services on Thursday lowered its credit rating on Cyprus, marking the credit rater's third cut on the island nation so far this year.

S&P downgraded Cyprus one notch to triple-B from triple-B-plus, leaving the rating two steps above junk territory. It also maintained a negative watch on the rating, signaling the potential for another downgrade...

Thursday, S&P said the risk to the Cypriot government from the Cypriot banking system's exposure to risky Greek debt continues to weigh heavily on the nation's credit stance. The firm said it believes that a Greek default scenario with private sector involvement higher than previously agreed by commercial creditors would require the recapitalization of some of the nation's domestic banking institutions. At the same time, S&P noted that measures adopted by the Cypriot government in August that aimed to reduce its fiscal deficit fell short of what was required to meet certain deficit targets. In the time since, no new measures have been adopted.

S&P expects to issue a decision on a potential downgrade within three months. The firm said the rating could remain at triple-B if, among other measures, the Cyprus' government passes a 2012 budget with additional fiscal consolidation measures.

Source

Not surprising. Just a royal mess - despite the 'bailout'.

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 01:21 PM
link   
Did someone tie a rock to the foot of the dollar and throw it overboard today? wow its sinking fast!

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Well,there you have it. One of the (many) Reasons PM´s are going up. Investors don´t even trust US Bonds...
If i read that right,then Italy´s Bond Auction could turn out to be very ugly tomorrow (Friday)...

top topics

<< 780  781  782    784  785  786 >>

join