It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The "up-to-the-minute Market Data" thread

page: 779
<< 776  777  778    780  781  782 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 01:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Shenon

History repeats. The banks will push nations against each other into war, because they will now only concentrate on stealing from their "federal treasure" (from each other).

I wonder, when will this hit America, because its states will do the same.

Ah, interesting

www.cnn.com...

Public warned about freed wildlife

Dozens of animals -- including bears, lions, tigers, cheetahs and wolves -- are on the prowl in eastern Ohio, authorities said Tuesday night.

Area residents were urged to stay indoors until all the animals had been controlled. Authorities were "shooting to kill," said Muskingum County Sheriff Matthew J. Lutz. Forty-eight had been freed, and as of 8:40 p.m. ET, about two dozen had been shot, Lutz said.

Controlled = Killed

edit on 19-10-2011 by DangerDeath because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 01:34 PM
link   
Market just took a 100+ point loss in a very short time frame. I take it bad news is coming out of the euro...

Dont worry, the FEDs will find a way to turn this around. cant stop the bulls.

RALLY ON BOYS!!!!!
edit on 19-10-2011 by camaro68ss because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 01:36 PM
link   
reply to post by camaro68ss

It could also be that Greece started a second shot down of the nation today, is already a thread in the issue, the people of the nation has shut down again in protest to their government decisions on the economy.

edit on 19-10-2011 by marg6043 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 02:01 PM
link   

"We are not lazy; it's the Germans, they want to take our blood," said Eleftherios Zarkados.

www.cnn.com...

Clashes break out as Greek strikers aim for nationwide shutdown

Many on the streets say they are angry that the well-off people they believe are benefiting from corruption and tax evasion are not being pursued, while public sector workers pay the price for Greece's woes.

Which rises one question:

Is Greece behind Occupy Wall St. movement?

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 04:55 PM
link   
Now Spain is in so much trouble it leaves you pretty speechless:

Mood's makes 16 more huge downgrades in Spain

Moody's Investors Service downgraded nine Spanish regions, two Basque provinces, and five government-related entities, a day after it downgraded Spanish sovereign debt...

Definitely a not good scenario.

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by pause4thought
Now Spain is in so much trouble it leaves you pretty speechless:

Mood's makes 16 more huge downgrades in Spain

Moody's Investors Service downgraded nine Spanish regions, two Basque provinces, and five government-related entities, a day after it downgraded Spanish sovereign debt...

Definitely a not good scenario.

And the Markets will Rally on!

edit on 19-10-2011 by camaro68ss because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 08:02 PM
link   
reply to post by camaro68ss

Things go form bad to worse and still markets rally, waiting for the last second to pull out.
The withdrawal method hey, tends to get women pregnent, and in finacial terms not a good
idea either.

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 08:21 PM
link   
Looking at the News today (the real ones,not the fake Rumours...) i think we may have only a few Days left until the System starts to crash completely...I never thought i say this,but the Prediction for Oct. 24 could actually turn out to be true.

I won´t post any Updates until Saturday/Monday after the G20 Meeting,because most "News-Headlines" are just Fakes or created Rumours so the Market has something to masturbate over...

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 01:56 AM
link   
Debt for fiscal year starting October 1 2011 till October 18 2011 : 152.41 billion or 8.467 billion/day ($27.31/day/citizen) or ($3.09 trillion deficit)
Debt for calendar year 2011 till October 17 : 944.82 billion or 3.2468 billion/day ($10.47/day/citizen) ($1.185 trillion deficit)
Current debt as of October 17 : 14.942 trillion
Current debt ceiling : 14.694 trillion (first phase) 15.194 trillion (second phase) 16.694 trillion (final phase)

At the current average rate of 5.8569 billion in new debt/day (or about $18.89 in new debt per day for every citizen in America...and that is just federal) it will take about 43.02 days before reaching the second phase of the debt ceiling hike, so around December 1, 2011... but it will be later than that. Probably no later than mid-January 2012.

US GDP : 15.012 trillion Q2 2011
US debt : 14.942 trillion

Total debt to GDP ratio : 99.53%

The treasury will sell $99 billion more in debt between October 25-27 so next week, the debt will rise by at least 100 billion. The debt to GDP ratio will break 100%. Then the death spiral begins.

European CDS Ban Sends 1 Year Greek Bond Yield To 188%
All good.

China cuts US debt holdings in August

China, the largest foreign owner of United States Treasuries, cut its holdings by $36.5 billion - to $1.14 trillion - in August.

And Now The Bundestag Demands A Say

According to FAZ, the German parliament, which made it all too clear wants to be heard in all future European bailout instances courtesy of the constitutional court decision in early September, has just announced it wants to be heard, this time for real, and decide, on any EFSF expansion facility and specifically the usage of more leverage to fight already unbearable systemic leverage. To wit: "Before the meeting of Heads of State and Government of the Euro zone, which will decide on Sunday in Brussels on the guidelines ("Guidelines") of the euro rescue fund EFSF, the federal government is faced with demands from parliament. The fractions from the CDU and FDP want to discuss this Thursday in special session on the voting behavior of their representatives on the Budget Committee, according to the Law on the Participation of the Bundestag, Chancellor Angela Merkel (CDU) in Brussels to rely on an affirmative vote of the Committee." Unfortunately for Merkozy, their despotic and tyrranical measures according to which they represent the will of the people yet really all they do is preserve the viability of insolvent French banks, will no longer fly.

Sweet.

FT Reports Europe To Sacrifice Its Banks To Bailout Sovereigns - Under €100 Billion In Bank Recap Funding Available

It appears that in order to accommodate more funds for sovereign bailouts under the total max EFSF guarantee cap, as reported on several occasions yesterday by Zero Hedge, only €100 billion will be set aside for bank recapatialization. There is a problem with this number: it is predicated on the European Banking Authority's estimates of capital shortfalls of between €70-90 billion, the is the same EBA which 4 months ago said Dexia was in sterling health when it passed the 2nd Stress Test in pole position. As a reminder, Goldman predicted a €1 trillion capital shortfall, while Credit Suisse said €400 billion. No matter: the EU will come out with a number from its lower colon, just to make the residual maximum sovereign debt "guarantee" notional appear that much bigger. Too bad, however, that in the process it will once again crush Europe's banks which the market will suspect, rightfully so, that they are undercapitalized even post the recap, anywhere between 90% and 75% and will have to accelerate their asset liquidations to fund themselves one more day in lieu of a functioning interbank liquidity market. And so the risk flaring will shift from Europe's sovereign to Europe's banks, and their main proxy in the US - none other than Morgan Stanley which repeatedly refuted it has any exposure to France... but said nothing about its gross (gross because counterparties will blow up fast and furious) to French banks. End result: this is very bad for Europe because it means they have finally done the math and realize that to get the €2 trillion or so in EFSF insured capital they have to sacrifice their banks. Alas, there is no outcome that saves both the banks, and guarantees future European sovereign issuance under the currently contemplated structure. None.

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 03:59 AM
link   
There's big riots in Greece yet again in front of parliament.

Today is the day they vote on the new austerity measures.

Greek parliament prepares for austerity vote as protests rock Athens

Protesters surround parliament before a vote on spending cuts and tax rises needed to secure bailout payments

Greece's lawmakers are to vote on intensely unpopular new measures needed to secure continued payment from an international bailout fund as the country remains paralysed by a two-day general strike.

Protesters headed to Syntagma Square outside the Greek parliament in Athens, while one Communist-party-backed union vowed to encircle parliament in an attempt to prevent lawmakers from accessing the building for the vote on the spending cuts and tax hikes required by Greece's international creditors.

The bill won initial approval in a vote Wednesday night, and deputies are now to vote on the details, which include the suspension on reduced pay of 30,000 public servants and the suspension of collective labour contracts.

If they pass this, it's gonna be even worse. Wouldn't be surprised if a lawmaker were to be shot dead.

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 08:47 AM
link   
I wonder if a coup on Greece will be the next step in the Saga of government vs. people.

A long, steep drop for Americans' standard of living

Yes, our standards of living are dropping but not the cost of living that keeps growing, we the tax payer and consumer are been squeezed more while making less.

Not since at least 1960 has the US standard of living fallen so fast for so long. The average American has $1,315 less in annual disposable income now than at the onset of the Great Recession.

The average individual now has $1,315 less in disposable income than he or she did three years ago at the onset of the Great Recession – even though the recession ended, technically speaking, in mid-2009. That means less money to spend at the spa or the movies, less for vacations, new carpeting for the house, or dinner at a restaurant.

In short, it means a less vibrant economy, with more Americans spending primarily on necessities. The diminished standard of living, moreover, is squeezing the middle class, whose restlessness and discontent are evident in grass-roots movements such as the tea party and "Occupy Wall Street" and who may take out their frustrations on incumbent politicians in next year's election.

www.csmonitor.com...

I predict a very disappointed holidays this year

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 08:06 PM
link   
I love these guys
www.abc.net.au...

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 06:36 PM
link   
Friendly heads-up from Clive Maund.

If you've been around the PM circuit for awhile CM won't need an introduction. It's a little unusual however for Maund to veer away from technical analysis...into the relm of public macroeconomic commentary. But like he says, with all eyes on the EU (Erupting Union), having a little extra cash on hand for the next couple of weeks could be a prudent move....if your banks will still allow you to access it that is.

*Put options & protective stops please.

GL

If Europe Should Fail

By: Clive Maund | Fri, Oct 21, 2011

Footnote posted a day later on 21st - there isn't much that suprises me these days, but I have received some news from a subscriber, Bob, in the US, that has left me dumbfounded, and disappointed I must say as I was looking forward to being responsible for causing a run on the banks. Here is what he told me -

"Clive, in your post "If Europe Should Fail" you have recommended your subscribers "draw out a stash of cash". I have been attempting to do this with my local bank for over a week and this is what I have learned. The only "cash" the banks have at their facilities is the bare minimum for making change, cashing paychecks, etc. More than 99% of their so called cash "assets" is electronic money and not "cash" money. They are generally happy to transfer this electronic money elsewhere but if you want the real thing, "cash", the bank will, in most cases, either deny your request or put you off for, in some instances, more than a week. Many of my contacts across the US are reporting having the same problems I am having getting any significant amount of cash out of their local banks."

The meaning of this is clear - TAKE WHAT YOU CAN WHILE YOU CAN. - Full Text

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 11:00 AM
link   
Truly the end game approaches: Unbelievably Catastrophic Transaction

Anyone bored by 3 years of unending "it can't go on" — time to adorn earmuffs; midnight strikes soon.

The only thing worth investing in now is popcorn.

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 03:37 PM
link   
www.bbc.co.uk...

This is really accelerating:

George Osborne: Eurozone crisis threatens all Europe

All of Europe's finance ministers met on Saturday to try to find a solution to the bloc's ongoing economic problems.

Guess what. They didn't find it.

The finance ministers from all 27 European Union states are meeting over the weekend for the talks. Heads of government will then gather on Sunday, and have announced plans for an extra meeting on Wednesday.

Is Reinhardt right about the Legatus thing, again?
www.enterprisecorruption.com...

I still see a great resemblance to Yugoslavia scenario. The thing with ideas is that they are projections and tend to keep projecting infinitely.

"We've had enough of short-term measures, sticking plaster that just gets us through the next few weeks," Mr Osborne said.

"The crisis of the eurozone is a real danger to all of Europe's economies, including Britain."

My experience tells me, those ministers didn't gather to discuss and find solution. Like Bilderberg meetings, they are being herded to be given "information". To be "exposed" to new directives... The Fourth Communist International works like this...

BBC business editor Robert Peston said that new forecasts from the bailout lenders - the so-called "troika" - showed that the current plan to revive the Greek economy had failed.

You bet it failed when they say so. It was intended to fail. This is their job. They are just doing their job...

"The unavoidable implication is that the IMF will not provide any more bailout finance for Greece unless there are much bigger write-offs of Greek government debt by private sectors lenders," he said.

UNLESS there are MUCH BIGGER WRITE-OFFS - I'm not sure he is talking about Greece here. He is wearing golden fleece. but his underwear smells of lupus in fabula...

But Charles Dallara, the head of international banking lobby Institute of International Finance said of negotiations between the private sector and the eurozone: "We're nowhere near a deal."

So, what ARE they dealing here with?

Greece and "decisions" about Greece are obviously a farce to cover up for stalling - they are simply waiting for INSTRUCTIONS. They are a brainless herd. By the way, do you have any idea how much summits like this cost?

But there have been widespread reports of deep divisions between France and Germany.

REALLY?

Maybe Sir Branson should give them a lift and kick them out-a airlock?

France has proposed turning the EFSF into a bank so that it could borrow from the European Central Bank (ECB), but Germany has refused to sanction such a move, arguing it would compromise the ECB's impartiality.

EFSF was meant to be "above" or "out" of the system. By integrating it into the system, is really stupid.
When you are Leonoving in the outer space, you don't have the ability to move because you have no foothold. You NEED an impulse of force FROM THE OUTSIDE.

It is not clear how the eurozone would expand the fund now - which observers say needs to be closer in size to 2tn euros.

WHAT? Plundering Libya was not enough. Let's see what more can we do in this respect...

De Jager said two options remain for "leveraging" the rescue fund, but neither would involve the ECB. He did not say what those options are.

They DO HAVE something on their minds, but won't say it loud.

"Greece is not a central problem for the eurozone," insisted Evangelos Venizelos, finance minister of Greece - which has been racked by strikes and numerous difficult parliamentary votes on austerity measures.

At least, Venizelos is right...

"The point now is to adopt a general more constructive decision for the eurozone as a whole."

And THIS decision is not upon the EUROPEANS

If you read this text further you will see that politicians don't have a smallest clue about what is going on.

The inevitability that pops out is that banks need to be shut down.

We shall see how this shutting down of paradigm is going to work.

And Sweden's Anders Borg said that banks should not expect "freebies" from taxpayers.

Who's got the magpie he says: Sheesh!

A deal on the euro had been expected to be signed on Sunday, but France and Germany said they would not be able to reach an agreement by then and announced that leaders would meet again on Wednesday.

Sunday's summit had already been delayed from 17-18 October because more time was needed to finalise a plan.

This really coincides with Legatus thing. Legatus meeting is: Rome, October 16-23.

May God help us all

I've got a secret revealed to me by Him:

GOD WANTS ALL THE APPLES FOR HIMSELF!

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 04:37 PM
link   
reply to post by DangerDeath

According to the correlation between the market and legatus events, the markets should reach a top on monday, then its down hill from there. This will be interesting because the markets have been very bullish recently and are looking to go higher.
Lets wait and see, not long now.

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 05:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpaceMonkeys
reply to post by DangerDeath

According to the correlation between the market and legatus events, the markets should reach a top on monday, then its down hill from there. This will be interesting because the markets have been very bullish recently and are looking to go higher.
Lets wait and see, not long now.

Yeah. It is still difficult to predict. Markets can go up, too, if the decision about introducing inflation is made. Numbers really mean nothing if there are no rules!

The threads of this problem are not in the hands of institutions, be it Legatus or Vatican or Illuminati, whatever we choose to call them. It is immanent to projections to "project" (like: Information - informs), which means "grow" out of proportion. Whenever that happens, one man cannot do both in real time - macro-management and micro-management.

It is a mistake to project stable system as if it was hard-carved in stone. Only the dynamical approach is effective, and I'm afraid the elite reserve such approach for themselves, deeming that they are SEPARATE from the rest of the "system". They use political "manufacture of lies and excuses" to cover this up. Also, they use police state to prevent any incursion and communication upwards from the base of this pyramid. They create such a communication's noise that ordinary people simply give up and let the current carry them wherever it wants and they replace reality with simple concepts which are very operational in such an environment.

This is a very dangerous situation because great shifts are happening as we speak. However, it may not appear on the stale surface what is really going on in the deep. Many expect some sthf, but it happens on a grand scale every day, only it is not as spectacular as in a Hollywood movie. So, for most - it isn't happening at all.

The introduction of computer trading created a situation where historical events of crashing markets can happen and last only few seconds. We cannot follow this by observing traditional graphs which resolution is like million times lower than reality of such manipulation. Earning a buck each nanosecond means billions in minutes.
I think this new technology enables molding markets, at the end of session, as if they were made of wax. If someone can enlighten me on this, I'll be grateful.

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 05:58 PM
link   
Funny thing.
Pythagoras knew what was best to do with numbers (counting).
In Crotona, he created a bank. There he was shark-loaning and laundering money.
He and his followers were arrested and ostracized, and their "counters" burned!

Pythagoras' Theorem:

Square of infinitely long hypotenuse
Equals: infinite debt
Slavery

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 03:58 AM
link   
So,the last (second Meeting) is on Wednesday,the 26 October...and the 28. October is one of the Dates the Mayan Calender is supposed to End...

Next Week should be quite Fun to watch
At least for those who are prepared

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 04:55 AM
link   
Again this idiot talk about investors waiting EU summit for SIGNS

In the meantime, European markets going high on out of body experience...

This is all so crooked.

All right, this is no more joking. Here's the latest from Martin Armstrong:

Copyright Martin Armstrong All Right Reserved October 21st , 2011

The Lords of Time

Today, President Obama announced that all American troops will be brought home from Iraq by the end of the year. This could not have taken place more precisely in tune with the Economic Confidence Model that Tancred Schiavoni at O’Melvany & Myers LLP I believe has gone so far out of his way to destroy at whose command I do not know. I believe it was Mr. Schiavoni who pretended to be Arthur Denture on Wikipedia even changing the definition of contempt to try desperately to hide the illegal activity that has gone on and only a Congressional investigation will ever uncover the diabolical goings on that have been designed to shut down this model at all costs. Courts are just useless. Nevertheless, the Iraq War began on March 20th, 2003, which is 2003.21 expressing time as a percent of the year based upon 365 days. If we add 8.6 to this date, we arrive at 2011.81 or 295.65 days into this year which is right now – tomorrow to be exact 22.65 days into October 2011. Now let us look at the Economic Confidence Model turning point of 2011.45. If we add 4.3 months (.35) of a year, this gives us the day 2011.808. That is today. Just like 911, it is right on time.

I cannot explain WHY there is order to TIME. Nevertheless, there is some strange order to the chaos we
seem to believe exists all around us. This is just another small example of what we will explore at the
upcoming conference on December 3rd and 4th – the Geometry of Time.

www.martinarmstrong.org...

Martin is an expert on Wave Theory (Kondratiev waves and so on...)This is not Mayan doomsday Calendar

edit on 23-10-2011 by DangerDeath because: (no reason given)

edit on 23-10-2011 by DangerDeath because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 776  777  778    780  781  782 >>

join