It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The "up-to-the-minute Market Data" thread

page: 777
<< 774  775  776    778  779  780 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 01:15 PM
link   
Van Rompuy And Barroso Announce €440 Billion EFSF Fully Functional; Now, How Do They Expand It To €3 Trillion?

The only problem, yesterday, today and tomorrow, is the open answer to the question of who will pay for this €2.5-3 trillion rescue net? Because we now know that China, which is busy bailing out its own banking system is out of the picture, while the US has its own major problems - the last thing the Fed needs is for the general populace to realize the Fed is once again directly bailing out failing European banks, like it did with Dexia.

So, once again: who pays for this wacky, wonderful, rumor mill, which is the only thing that drives markets these days?

From what i heard,Gold will be forced down next Week ahead of the next Bank Failure...and France may have to rescue its own Banks themselves without the EFSF,which would result in their Downgrade...

Prediction for this Weekend/next Week: A big Bank goes down. Crisis Meeting after which the EFSF gets leveraged to save it and the resulting collapse of other Banks.

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 02:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Shenon

thanks shenon, i wish i could give you more stars, you seem to have your finger on the pulse of the economy.

what blows my mind is we are facing the collapse of the Euro yet stocks keep rallying on. Mind blowing....

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 02:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Shenon

Three trillions, I guess when you can do transaction electronically numbers will appear like magic,

who needs printing when you can get what you need with a puah of a button.

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 03:07 PM
link   
reply to post by camaro68ss

Thanks,but you give me too much Credit. There are People who know much more than me,but it doesn´t take much to understand it.

What worries me is not the Euro,but that the whole System is broken beyond Repair...this whole Financial and Economic System is based on Credit,and Credit = Debt. This whole thing is nothing more than the End-stage of the System.

The Question is: What are they gonna do to reset it? Hint: Iran...

Edit (don´t want to Double-Post again):

Fitch Downgrades UBS, Many Others, Puts Morgan Stanley, Bank of America, Goldman, BNP, Deutsche Bank, SocGen And Others On Watch Negative

Not newsworthy since its going to continue either way,but whatever...

edit on 13-10-2011 by Shenon because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 05:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Shenon

Its going to be really hard to "rest." Any country in history that made it out of a hyperinflated state was able to "rest" after peging there money to a more stable currancy. but what happens when the world reserve currancy is hyperinflated???? well we can look back at what happen to Rome to find the awnser.

We are in uncharted waters. I fear total collapse and thats why im preparing right now. I dont have much hopes for the future as we know it today. But after the collapse, and with a little luck, we will all have more freedoms and libertys.

There is hope, but its only after the darkest of the night has passed and the sun is just setting.
edit on 13-10-2011 by camaro68ss because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 05:26 PM
link   
Foreigners Dump 74 Billion in US Treasurys in 6 weeks. Largest outflow in History!!,

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 07:39 PM
link   
And further news to the above events.....

Spain Credit Rating Downgraded One Notch by S&P

Ratings agency Standard and Poor's downgraded the long-term credit rating of Spain by one notch to "AA-" from "AA" with a negative outlook, due to weak growth, tightening fiscal conditions and high private sector debt.

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 02:42 AM
link   
Hearing "chatter" and rumors just now that several major players (unidentified) are placing unusually large (+$1bn) put options futures for US securities...an associate seems agitated. No news in the mainstream media (or the tinfoil media for that matter). Sorry I can't be more specific but I don't really know myself. Can anyone confirm or deny these rumors?

I take stuff like this with a grain of salt, so don't panic. But you never know...

edit on 10/14/11 by silent thunder because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 04:55 AM
link   
reply to post by silent thunder

Do you have a link to where you heard that?

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 05:12 AM
link   
reply to post by mossme89

Word of mouth from somebody who sometimes knows a thing or two about a thing or two. Key word here being "sometimes."

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 05:33 AM
link   
reply to post by silent thunder

Do you think they know something or are just being reckless with money?

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 08:48 AM
link   
They are exercising crowd mentality.
Mass needs a force input to be directed.

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 09:22 AM
link   
Well it seems that as usual the Fed will be the one funding most of the IMF new trillions bailout.

Yes, CNBC in an interview with Gheiner this morning assure that the Fed will be there to fund the IMF to back up the new EU bailout.

Is that a surprised? well remember like Shanon said it went from billions to now trillions, well guess where the trillions probably will come, after all the fed doesn't have to tell how much of the bailout will come from their funding.

Is called unaccounted funding and we are no privy of the amount neither congress or Obama himself.

And with the history of who is behind the whole EU mess what can you expect, right?

We can not have all those US American too big to fail get hit with their derivative trash that is now going on circles all over the EU banks.
come back home.

edit on 14-10-2011 by marg6043 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 09:33 AM
link   
Bravo Marge, as always, you hit the nail on it's sharpest part

The decision has been made long time ago and in an humanless domain.

This crisis will only accelerate.

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 10:30 AM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

So here's something that seems kinda confusing. If the Fed is bailing out Europe, wouldn't that mean the dollar weakens = stocks rise, even if Europe collapses? Or could the market still crash if Europe collapses?

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 11:23 AM
link   
When dollar is tied to everything in non-opposing way, the whole picture can be sugar coated. The maintenance of figures on markets only reflects global inflation, but that is simply not admitted.

Dollar is a universal "taint".

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 02:50 PM
link   
reply to post by mossme89

I things goes accordingly, remember that so far since 2008 the fed has infused in unaccounted funds 17 trillion dollars now soon to be over 20 trillions, the derivatives hitting the banks are 600 trillions many even believe to be more than that, now just remember how much more is going to be needed to fix the 600 trillion dollar problem.

Also all the fund transfers are done with a push of a button, what the markets get is confidence that something is been done, so far the dollar is not suffering much, I wonder why? perhaps because the funds are not really real? but just electronic paperless gamble? whatever game is been played so far is no working but to fix the debt problem but is working to keep the markets happy.

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 02:56 PM
link   

G20 Meeting

Check out US Treasury Secretary Tim Geitner lecturing Europe & the rest of the world on the way forward in Europe:

...Prior to the meeting, South Africa's Finance Minister Pravin Gordhan warned that International Monetary Fund (IMF) and EU resources may be "inadequate" if the eurozone debt crisis worsened.

US Treasury Secretary Timothy Geithner disagreed, saying that both the IMF and EU already had sufficient funds.

He said: "As we look at the world today, the IMF has very substantial, uncommitted, available financial resources.

"Of course, Europe as a whole has resources available to help with the financial problems.

"The problems that they are facing there in Europe are complicated to solve, but well within the resources that Europe has."

Mr Geithner also said the G20 was looking for a "clear commitment" from Europe to deal with the debt crisis.

He told CNBC television from Paris: "What you need is the clear commitment by the governments, that they will do what is necessary to hold this together and put as much resources behind this as is necessary."

He said Europe "is clearly moving" to deal with the crisis...

Full low-down

Of course they are, now they've got expert advice. Borrow, bailout. Borrow, bailout. Borrow...

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 03:21 PM
link   

DOW Now Positive for 2011

This is a simple conditioning of human mind. "Bigger" number makes us all happy

Market is this simple to understand.

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 05:52 PM
link   
reply to post by pause4thought

Yeah, Gehenna commitment that the Fed will be there to bailout is loud and clear, the problem is that this is all paperless money, no really anything to back it up but the willingness of the debtor to loan.

How much can you gamble with paperless money, the answer is infinite.

new topics

top topics

<< 774  775  776    778  779  780 >>

join