It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The "up-to-the-minute Market Data" thread

page: 742
<< 739  740  741    743  744  745 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 03:24 AM
link   
reply to post by eagleeye2

With the SNB intervening and buying Euros en masse to devalue their own Currency,the War already started. After this Currency War comes Trade Wars...and the rest is History,literaly.

reply to post by Vitchilo

Thats why i posted this Picture. Greece will default in the next Weeks,if not Days. I´m pretty sure of that...

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 03:31 AM
link   
Yeah Greece is doomed and they need another bailout. If they don't and go down, Switzerland and France banks are going down, bringing down the whole world. As marg said, no way they let that happen. So the IMF-US-Europe will pay for Greece...and Spain... and Portugal... etc... till Germany elect someone who is not a sellout and says enough is enough.

In other news, you know what's funny? That's funny :
Bank Of America's Legal Woes Go Global After Norway's Sovereign Wealth Fund Sues For Mortgage Fraud

As of minutes ago, Norway's Government Pension Fund, which is another name for its Sovereign Wealth Fund, has just announced it is suing Bank of America for mortgage fraud. Not only that but it is also going after Countrywide, obviously, but far more importantly, is also suing KPGM, the auditor on the Countrywide transaction, and, drumroll, ole' Agent Orange himself. If US bank analysts were busy quantifying the damages from every bank in the US suing BofA, just wait until the calculation is expanded to included every firm that bought mortgages from Bank of America... ever...in the entire world.

And just like the US lawsuit spigot opened ever so slowly at first, it is now gushing, and is absolutely certain that every company (ahem insolvent German banks) that ever bought a mortgage from Countrywide, Merrill and Bank of America will serve the local branch of the bank with a summons over the next month.

You can pretty much stick a fork in BAC... they are done.
I mean, they'll need a hell lot of money to cover the lawsuits. The treasury will need to bail them out... and it'll cost several hundreds billions if not more.
edit on 8-9-2011 by Vitchilo because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 04:29 AM
link   

Too big to fall never fall.
They blow up!

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 07:21 AM
link   
B of A to close 600 branches

www.wcnc.com..." target="_blank" class="postlink">www.wcnc.com... ew-changes-at-Bank-of-America-could-lead-to-more-job-cuts--129443373.html

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 07:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by freetree64
Bank of America to split into two units

by NewsChannel 36 Staff

Posted on September 8, 2011 at 7:21 AM

Updated today at 8:07 AM

CHARLOTTE, N.C. -- Even more changes are coming for Charlotte's biggest bank.

NewsChannel 36 has learned Bank of America is splitting itself into two units -- consumer and commercial.

That means as many as 600 branches will be shut down.

Analysts say the move by Bank of America CEO Brian Moynihan signals that broader and deeper layoffs than those previously announced could be around the corner.

This announcement comes just days after Bank of America shook up its management ranks on Tuesday, announcing that two key officers will leave and promoting two others to share the chief operating officer role.

Sallie Krawcheck, head of global wealth and investment management, is leaving. A Citigroup veteran, she was hired in late 2009 toward the end of Lewis' tenure.

Joe Price, president of the consumer bank, will also leave. He was the chief financial officer under Lewis.

Moynihan moved him to run the retail bank, Moynihan's old job, in 2010, and Moynihan at the time said the change represented his confidence in Price.

David Darnell, a longtime Bank of America veteran who was elevated to the top ranks by Lewis, will become co-chief operating officer.

He will share the newly created position with Tom Montag, who joined Bank of America when it bought his employer, Merrill Lynch, at the start of 2009

B of A to close 600 branches

www.wcnc.com..." target="_blank" class="postlink">www.wcnc.com... ew-changes-at-Bank-of-America-could-lead-to-more-job-cuts--129443373.html

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 07:58 AM
link   

I wonder when China is going to step in and sue also, after all during the 2008 market crisis is when we found out how deep China was on the Market scam.

They lost a lot of money, so I wonder if they will step in and sue also.

Bank of America is going down, baby.

they can alwasy sell" countrywide".

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 08:13 AM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

Indeed. Now BAC is trying a last measure... it's breaking down into 2 parts and closing down 600 branches. That still won't work... unless (and it's illegal but what do they care) they put all the bad financial assets they have in one part and put all the good stuff in the other part and let the bad part go bankrupt... That would be their style.

Anyway, I've seen on CNN, now Obama's speech will announce a 400 billion $ bailout, not 300 billion. I hope the republicans don't pass it, but they are sellouts enough to do so even if they say they are against it now.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 08:20 AM
link   

That's new to me, the 400 billions, I will like to see the brake down of that, I know so far that he wants some of the money for the US postal bailout, the reast to pay for "teachers" that is (schools) and to create jobs in infrastructure, (temp jobs), you know without the US Postal, (thats where most of the billions will go) this is the same thing he did in the last bailout, some of the money came to my town and end up for some back roads paving, 4 sings for the town welcome and the rest to pay pensions for teachers and teachers jobs.

What a joke, we still on 100% unemployment in the town after losing 6 big production companies.

This politicians still doesn't get it, we need industries no temp jobs.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 08:24 AM
link   

This politicians still doesn't get it, we need industries no temp jobs.

I think that applies across the board to most if not all Western nations at the moment.. which has left me rather puzzled without the jobs or new wealth how in the heck will they ever pay down the debt they are incurring.

This is my basis for feeling the whole thing stinks of smelly fish.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 08:25 AM
link   
the main branch of BAC here in myrtle beach, shut down the Brokerage operations in their main branch...

i'm not sure if it was just moved to the West of the Waterway where all the growth and monied customers are...
the main branch situated @ 25th Ave North and Oak Street is no longer a strong center for a financial district

also i noted that the 48th ave n. offices for wachovia/Wells Fargo Brokerage has also shut down or relocated

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 08:31 AM
link   

What a joke, we still on 100% unemployment in the town after losing 6 big production companies.

What? Really? This is crazy! You still have a job?

In other news, Obama's job plan... funnel a part of the $400 billion to his next employer for his new job in 2013 when he's unemployed.

And I hope they pass the bailout bill and a stimulus bill, a big big big big big one. Make it 2 trillion or more!
I mean if you are going to blow it all up anyway, better go all the way. That would force another debt ceiling vote just before the 2012 election which should be good entertainment to watch.
edit on 8-9-2011 by Vitchilo because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 10:21 AM
link   
The thing with Post Office really stinks.
Why bail out Post Office when it was always meant to be subsidized, never to be profit making?
This is totally wrong.
Post Office is part of important social INFRASTRUCTURE. You can't just abandon it and not pay regularly for it to function. Can you simply stop maintaining roads and bridges, because they are not bringing in tangible profit?
I'm telling you, this is a big stinking bag of skunk oil waiting to be spilled.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 11:10 AM
link   
And another one bites the dust...

Saab bankruptcy 'likely in days'

The carmaker Saab's application for protection from its creditors to help it avoid being pushed into bankruptcy has been rejected by a Swedish court.

In response, Swedish trade unions said they could demand that Saab be declared bankrupt within days.

Saab had applied for protection while trying to secure additional funding...

...On Wednesday, Victor Muller, chief executive of Saab's owner, Swedish Automobile, said Saab's suppliers were owed some 150m euros ($210m; £131m)...

Source

PS I trust we're all well stocked up on popcorn for the Ben & Barack Show in a few hours time?

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 12:27 PM
link   
reply to post by thoughtsfull

Exactly, you do not need to be "an economic guru" to realized that borrowing money from the tax payer in order to pay so we can have "jobs" doesn't help the economy, (the government already tried that with the first stimulus of his administration, this doesn't count Bush stimulus that also failed) it only adds to the mounting debt.

Very soon we all be on welfare as a welfare state working to pay for our on welfare.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 12:32 PM
link   

For some reason the way the city does its numbers puts us on more than half on some governemnt assistant and because the 6 industries that we lost in the last 10 years were not on minimum wages jobs it was considered midle class jobs.

But we got two wal-marts, hurray, so the middle class jobs from the production companies has been replace with minimum wages jobs and people are now mostly working poor and while working they still need welfare.

At least they are no trying to sugar coat the discrepancies in employment.

edit on 8-9-2011 by marg6043 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 01:03 PM
link   
OMG, BOA rally going down, but BOA is Vice president Biden's baby, like Haliburton was Ceneys I bet he is doing everything he can with his pimps (Imean BOA lobbyist) trying to save the bank.

Still didn't BOA just settler for some 8.5 something billions to be pay for the Country wide securities to stock holders?

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 01:10 PM
link   
I see Ben is having his usual effect on the markets -

DJIA 11324.16 down 90.70 -0.79%

Source

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 03:27 PM
link   
Something nice for our German Visitors,i present you...EuroShima (not mine,just found it by Chance)

Have Fun

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 04:26 PM
link   
caffertyfile.blogs.cnn.com...

This part of new jobs deal?

Message sent by Ford opening new plant in India?

Here's just one more example of where the jobs have gone: Ford motor company says it's broken ground on a $1 billion manufacturing and engineering plant - in India. It will employ 5,000 people when fully operational. In India.

Translation: That's 5,000 additional jobs in India while America struggles under 9.1% unemployment.

The Ford plant is expected to open in 2014 and produce 240,000 vehicles and 270,000 engines a year.

No need for Zen satori here

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 04:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Shenon

Euro → /Hiro/shima. Michael Palin eat your heart out.

reply to post by DangerDeath

They'll be outsourcing the government soon.

- oh hang on, that's the NWO -

new topics

top topics

<< 739  740  741    743  744  745 >>

join