It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The "up-to-the-minute Market Data" thread

page: 741
<< 738  739  740    742  743  744 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 12:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Shenon

Supposedly there was news about the Swiss weakening their currency against the Euro, but if anything, that should push gold higher, not cause a sell-off.

edit on 6-9-2011 by mossme89 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 01:17 PM
link   
reply to post by mossme89

Yes,as seen on my previous Posts regarding this,it seems that the Swiss National Bank implemented a Cheesy (pun intended) QE...which leaves Gold pretty much the only Save Heaven in a collapsing Fiat World.

Thank You Swiss National Bank For $2000+ Gold

Confirming that this is a market for idiots, by idiots, was the 4 am response in the price of gold, which following the SNB's Swiss Franc peg announcement did not surge, as it should have considering that the SNB just singularly changed the role of the CHF from a "flight to safety" to a carry currency, making gold the only island of stability in a world of fiat insanity, but instead plunged by over $50. Subsequent attempts to regain the $1900+ level were met with constant program selling for no other reason, than just because someone 'else' was selling. Of course, the logic is completely and totally the opposite. But don't take our word for it: here is Reuters: "Switzerland's decision to peg the erstwhile safe-haven franc to the euro may finally give gold bugs the chance to see prices hit the once-unimaginable $2,000 an ounce mark, as the metal holds on track for its strongest annual rally in three decades. By buying euros in unlimited amounts to weaken the franc, the SNB is in effect putting more of its own currency into circulation, which threatens to trigger inflation. It has also impacted the Swiss currency's status as a haven in its own right. While gold prices initially dipped as the move sparked a rush to liquidity in the form of other currencies such as the dollar, the SNB move is likely to lend firm support to gold in the medium term, analysts said." Precisely. And it is not only Reuters: Bank of America's MacNeill Curry said that Gold will probably rise to $2,050 this year. The rationale - identical to the above: SNB decision to peg franc to euro should also support gold. "They have taken out one of the big safe-haven assets, which is the Swissie." As for the amount of time the idiots will need to realize that QE3 coupled with the SNB action means that gold is now valued somewhere well over $2000: at least a few days...Which everyone who looks for even the smallest golden pullback will be happy to take advantage of.

It seems the Robots which control the Markets are as confused as we are...but not for long. When they realize what is happening,Gold will go up like a Rocket,and i doubt there is much anyone can do at this Point.

Lets see what happens tomorrow...

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 04:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Shenon

Thanks for the reply
Yeah, the dollar rallied against the Euro and other currencies unexpectedly after the Swiss announcement, so that might have pushed gold down a bit. Still, with Obama's job plan coming up, which probably means more spending, plus possible QE3, this will probably be short lived.

It's pretty sad. The currency market has become more of a race of who can reach the bottom first.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 04:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Shenon

Speculation is bringing the prices of Gold up and we know from where is coming, now this have an agenda behind it, I am just going to sit and watch the pony show.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 04:55 PM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

Think gold will keep going up?

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 05:02 PM
link   
reply to post by mossme89

First I need to take another look at what kind of agenda is been pushed behind the raising of gold lately, it could be the biggest hoax and soon to burst,

Of this linked to some another agenda and it will go as high as those behind the agenda will allowed.

Still buying gold right now will be a mistake, but for those that bought it cheap will be making a killing now.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 07:23 PM
link   
Gold and Silver are just getting started.

The only way they would stop rising is if fiscal sanity were to suddenly return. Not likely. Politicians will never willingly default the debt and promises out of the system. They will Tax through Inflationary money printing until they've finally killed the goose that laid the golden eggs. They are simply trying to please everyone and that has always been the beginning of the end for democracies because it is said that democracies only last until 50 percent of the people discover that they can vote themselves the other 50 percents stuff.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 11:12 PM
link   
Well I am no rocket scientist, and this thread, is a lil outta my expertise here on ats, I am more of a historian, or down to earth fella that tries to bring topics down to earth, or relative to the sane that frequent the site.. Even thou I even have my moments..

The thing I have noticed since the meltdown of the market in 07 to 08, is the numbers mean allot less..

The reason why gold and silver are the safe havens, I think is because they are physical, as in the market the stocks are based off of a scale of imagination or so called numbers and figures... Well these numbers and figures given are not making allot of sense..

I am out in the real world every day, doing business and no matter how you fudge the numbers or deny the way business is out there right now, there is a problem...

We have what they tell us on tv, and we have what is real, and we have the numbers that close everyday in the market...

As far as the Dollar I can tell you right now as a fact the dollar is very very weak right now...

compared to how it was just a few years ago, and it is getting weaker...

Just go buy some food at your local grocery store...

This is not rocket science...

And the unemployment of 9.1 is a farce

its a much higher number then that...

I see our markets plunging further no matter how they fudge the numbers, if they continue to do so, fudging the numbers when the crash hits, its gonna hit...

I am no expert in this, but I can see lies in the numbers and the truth will reveal itself.. One way or another...

edit on 6-9-2011 by Bicent76 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 12:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Bicent76

Well said. And i´m no expert either ,but you can pick up alot if you bother to read trough the Stuff here and on Sites that deal with the Market.

And Gold dropped again to 1842 $ now at the Time of this Post,on no News whatsoever...thats Blatant Manipulation right in your Face...again.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 03:20 AM
link   
So the long awaited German Supreme Court decision, as expected is ``kick the can down the road``... aka ``bailouts are legal``.

Ridiculous.

It is not a ``total`` loss however...

The court has said that for any future bailouts, it will need the approval of the parliament. Of course that won't matter much since they are a bunch of sellouts... but you never know.

Not only that, but they ``can't`` kick Greece out of the Euro...

'Impossible' to kick Greece out of euro: Germany

It is "impossible" to exclude Greece from the euro as some people have been suggesting, German economy minister and deputy chancellor Philipp Roesler said in a newspaper interview Wednesday.

Well then it's either another bailout or the euro goes down the drain.

Tomorrow another important decision will be taken, this time by the ECB. Will probably be ``kick the can down the road`` too...

Doesn't really matter... the more they delay the inevitable, the worst it'll be.
edit on 7-9-2011 by Vitchilo because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 08:32 AM
link   
Wow! Gold's dropped more than $100 for no apparent reason! Manipulation or is it really a time to sell?

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 08:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

You mean another US tax payer bailout to pay for Greece, because remember most of the money to pay for the last bailout came from tax payers in the US through the IMF.
and the US government and Fed doesn't have to exposed the final tag on the bailout.

Still another bailout in the US to be brought to congress with the new "Obama" stimulus for jobs agenda the US postal just like the USPS have also problems running out of money for retirement pensions so they have to be bailout and will be tag to the money for the new "job" initiative in America you have to spend money to create jobs.

So the money been spend to "create jobs" goes to sugar coat the GDP numbers, what a joke,
so the government can claim "growth" even if it only created two jobs.

The GDP in our nation is nothing but a joke and some even believe, the crap that is been thrown on numbers.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 09:04 AM
link   
Dinda tellya gold is yella!

The whole "economy" (market) thing is out of hand. It's the yo-yo market toy programs, they took over - and addictz don't no howtastopta

Everything is gonna be blamed on "chip-glitzch", I can see it comin'.

Les talk STABILIZATION! E-nough with waves hurricane , says Mr. Green-in-face.

Seriously, what will happen tomorrow at President's speech in the rattle snake-nest?

I remember, in the beginning, the best joystick was Campton - it had STEEL BAR and it never broke.

This whole vibration-thing reminds me of Tesla device for earthquake making, or for building destruction. It seems that someone has applied this same mechanism on the political economy, which is very very feverish right now.

Gold is already going up, so - it is a manipulation of the swing-type.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 11:36 AM
link   
And here is the Confirmation that Gold is beeing Manipulated. Anyone who knows how to read those Charts should be able to confirm it.

Central Banks Smashed Gold Ahead of Swiss Devaluation: Ben Davies

Here's a graph the Nick Laird over at sharelynx.com just whipped for us. It shows that the intervention in the gold market started about 4 minutes before the Swiss broke the news on the devaluation yesterday.
[ To see the Chart,see Link to Article ]
It should be obvious to just about anyone that the intervention in the gold market and the revaluation of the Swiss franc was a co-ordinated move by the central banks of the world.

Nothing new...

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 08:02 PM
link   
And now to something funny again...depending on your View (and state of Mind
)

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 08:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Shenon

Surprise, surprise, is nothing done in the markets that doesn't have an agenda and a purpose behind it.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 09:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Shenon

Thing is, it doesn't matter if the bonds are at 100% interest. No way in hell they'll get money at that price.

Greece could just repudiate the debt (since most of it is criminal) run a 0$ deficit and whoever doesn't like it can move to another country.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 09:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

We know that US and the EU will not allow that, you know also the reason US is so determined to have the IMF (US tax dollars) bailing Greece out.

That is because our US banks are up to their necks in the Greece mess. If Greece default we will actually have Armageddon in the US markets and the EU.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 10:24 PM
link   
Just because i like to be Doom and Gloom sometimes.

What about a currency war to end them all ? lol

The gold manipulation is striking, heck the Rothschild are making wine nowadays.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 02:00 AM
link   

Medicare: 91 charged over $295m US health fraud

Compare with the news of a "virtual town" for experimental purpose built for $200m... Gee, that's a cheap project!
But this one is going to pay. Unlike the healthcare project...

Ninety-one people, including doctors and nurses, have been charged with making fraudulent US Medicare claims totalling $295m (£185m).

Some of the 91 are said to have billed the US government for health services to people who had already died.

www.bbc.co.uk...

About 400 law enforcement officials were involved in the arrests, the justice department said.

Although, healthcare seems to produce more jobs

top topics

<< 738  739  740    742  743  744 >>

join