It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The "up-to-the-minute Market Data" thread

page: 736
<< 733  734  735    737  738  739 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 09:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by camaro68ss
reply to post by Vitchilo

I wonder whats happening with GS today. Take a look at BAC. They where taken out to the tool shead too. One of these guys is going first. Im putting my money on BAC to ask for bailouts first.

GS plundge was connected to this :
Blankfein Hires Prominent Defense Attorney Send GS Stock Tumbling, Gold Futures Soaring Over $1900

For a perfect ending to a schizophrenic day we go to Reuters which has just reported that Goldman's CEO has hired high profile defense attorney Reid Weingarten. The market is not waiting to find out the details, and GS stock is tumbling.

Good ticker by Karl...
Are You Ready? The Government Doesn't Give A Damn

* Every pension fund blows up. All of them. Many doubled into the decline and will be utterly destroyed. Chief among them will be big municipal funds like CALPERs. If you have a pension of some sort, ask the pension administrator what happens to your pension if the S&P goes to 400 and stays there. He'll poo-poo your question - but I bet he won't answer it.

* Annuities and insurance companies blow up. You don't think they can pay when they're figuring on an 8% annualized return, do you? Well, no they can't. Oh yeah, your state insurance on those is $100,000 in most states - the rest of your principal is "at risk." This, of course, assumes the State has the $100,000 too. Did you know this in advance or are you learning it now (let's not hope the latter is true!)

* The FDIC has no prayer of covering it. The good news is that if they act now they can shut the banks that are exposed and cram down debt to equity. The bad news is that they have a horrible record in doing that in a timely manner and of late the losses have been anywhere from 20-40% of assets, which is both a violation of the law ("Prompt Corrective Action" is supposed to prevent this from happening) and they have no way to cover it should it become a widespread problem. It will. Oh yeah, you can't sue the government either. Have a nice day.

* The government Ponzi blows up. Unemployment will reach 20% or more. Tax receipts will get cut in half. Deficit spending will be impossible. Instead of a 40% "draconian" cut in government spending we will have to cut spending by 60% or more. Entitlements will be decimated; retirement entitlements will go last, but go they will. Food stamps, Section 8, Medicaid, all gone. Bet on it.

* All the other things that depend on the government Ponzi blow up. Medical care as we know it, education, state programs, all gone. We will return to a simpler time whether we like it or not, and we won't like it. That much I'm sure of.

* Best guess on whether civil order is lost. In some places I'm sure things will be fine in that regard, likely in places where self-defense is recognized as the unalienable right that it is. In others? Not so much. If you live in a big city - or an "unfriendly" place in regards to self-defense, you need to be thinking about this quite-seriously. Yesterday would have been a good time to consider it and figure out what you're going to do about it.

* Short-term and minor to moderate disruptions in what would be considered "essential" goods and services are likely. Go down the list and figure out what you must have and what you can do without. Be realistic. Most people won't be, which will put you one step in front of them.

* The world will recognize the Depression we have tried to cover up. This is not a US-centric story. The Eurozone will get the unemployment and tax consequences too. Germany will be forced to choose between propping up the entire rest of the Euro (which it can't) and detonating it and going back to the Deutsche Mark (which it will be forced to.) There is a very high probability of war that comes out of this, although the exact trigger is not something I can forecast. War is the classical solution to these problems, and it is unlikely to be different this time.

Read the rest at the link...

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 11:10 PM
link   
Hm, war a classical solution... but LONG war would do, not some Libyan NATO armed rebel foreign legion campaign. As we can see, Iraq didn't do it, Afghanistan didn't do it, next is, I guess Syria, then Assyria, then Mesopotamia, then Carthage...

War on OWN territory would, maybe, do?

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 11:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by DangerDeath
War on OWN territory would, maybe, do?

Yeah... that would be crazy... and probably kill the economy...

War on your own territory = political instability... less investment... if investment at all.

And that is the best scenario... if the government starts a war against the people and people really fights back, then it'll be total chaos, people will be too scared to go to work.... and then the economy will totally collapse.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 12:59 AM
link   

Not if the economy is run off of guuuns and bullets... and gear... and grenades, tanks, choppers, uniforms etc etc...

The real question is if we are worth more dead or alive... if it's only going to be a hassel to get us to comply what routes do they have? Throw us all in jail? then what... get us all to do cheap slave labour because we're all prisoners

edit on 23-8-2011 by Nastradamus because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 03:35 AM
link   
You need to scare people with a real threat if you want them to work out of fear and not for fair salaries.
Only sweatshops can save economy, the way it is

To create conditions for sweatshops, you need a dictatorship here or there, from where the poor and scared immigrants will pour into your country (like Mexico, Sudan, Cuba or China). But then, numerous cheap labor buggers will scare Americans or Europeans because will take their jobs. Outsourcing works with countries which are too far to provide cheap immigrant labor, simply bring machines to them, build their infrastructure paid by your own taxpayers (nation-building)...

This kind of cascade, in living standard between places, works well for debt slavery economy (like in Italy, for instance, North-South discrepancy). Add there miserable Africans escaping knife, in the name of humanitarian aid, and you have a solution for cheap labor...

Right now, there are many wars and revolutions, arbitrarily supported by NATO (and ignored by UN). In Libya case, we have "rebels" who have absolutely no personality - there are no names there. Gaddafi slaves fighting for global economy freedom

et cetera

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 07:07 AM
link   
That is why I believe that whatever is in the plans for the EU with Germany and France proposal is going to be accepted and pushed by the US, after all the more the big to fail gets in trouble in the US due to the volatility in the EU the more the US will push another bailout for them.

Just remember that while the US can not do any bailouts directly to the too big to fail they can funnel money to help prop the EU and eventually the US banks through the IMF.

And they do not have to tell us how much money they are funneling, as the only money shown is the quota that the US keeps in the IMF the rest of the money to be use as needed is kept in the federal reserve, US is the only country that can do that as majority funder privilege.

Is more to the Federal Reserve the tax dollars and the IMF that we don't know.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 11:49 AM
link   
Mwahahahaha... the corruption just never ends.

24/7 Wall St Writes: JP Morgan may take over Bank of America

There is a rumor circulated on Wall St. that JP Morgan will take over Bank of America within the week. The government will support the deal with a USD 100 bln investment in preferred shares issued by the combined entity.

So... the US government will waste another 100 billion uh... TARP 2... here we go.
edit on 23-8-2011 by Vitchilo because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vitchilo
Mwahahahaha... the corruption just never ends.

24/7 Wall St Writes: JP Morgan may take over Bank of America

There is a rumor circulated on Wall St. that JP Morgan will take over Bank of America within the week. The government will support the deal with a USD 100 bln investment in preferred shares issued by the combined entity.

So... the US government will waste another 100 billion uh... TARP 2... here we go.

O MY F*ING GOD!

I hope this is just a rumor, but im sure its true! JP Morgan is in just as bad shape as BoA. I guess the FEDs want to make it so they are only bailing out one Super MAGA Bank each time.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 12:22 PM
link   
reply to post by camaro68ss

And guess what pal... Bank of America has 1.038 trillion in deposits....

The FDIC doesn't have enough money to ``guarantee`` all those deposits... not by a LONG SHOT...

Let's see the scenarios here...

- JPMorgan takes over BAC with TARP2
- BAC goes boom and the FDIC goes bankrupt and total chaos
- BAC is fine

Which scenario is the most probable you think?

If you have money at BAC, I suggest you get it all...

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 12:25 PM
link   
I wonder if QE3 is set in stone. Right now, on CNN they're talking about the Libya situation. For half a second, the words "Breaking: Fed to unleash QE3" flashed across the screen in a cutaway. Did anybody else see that? For anybody with TiVo, rewind about 3-4 minutes to 1:21 and watch it...

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 12:29 PM
link   
Can anyone tell me why the Market is rallying?

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shenon
Can anyone tell me why the Market is rallying?

Bank of America is going out of business... that's certainly bullish...

Greek finance minister expects economic growth next year

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 12:30 PM
link   

So rather than brake the frickin darn bank they want to increase the power of JP morgan, I guess when you have then running from the Federal Reserve to the US government they can do whatever they want, all at the expenses of the tax payers.

Darn we truly are becoming nothing but slaves to this fat rats and whores in congress.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 12:31 PM
link   

And guess what pal... Bank of America has 1.038 trillion in deposits....

The FDIC doesn't have enough money to ``guarantee`` all those deposits... not by a LONG SHOT...

Let's see the scenarios here...

- JPMorgan takes over BAC with TARP2
- BAC goes boom and the FDIC goes bankrupt and total chaos
- BAC is fine (:lol

Which scenario is the most probable you think?

can you guess what happens when the FDIC doesnt have the money to guarantee all deposits? The FED's will have to print money to cover the FDIC, that "HOT" money is then given to the people that the FDIC has to cover and inflation hits the market instantly!

This is what dreams are made of right here

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 12:35 PM
link   

All the more reason to buy gold & silver. Even if the dollar tanks, you retain your purchasing power as the metal's price moves accordingly.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 12:38 PM
link   

The only thing i can find (and think of) is that the Market is pricing in QE3,which they expect to be announced on Friday...but with the Market rallying right now on a Rumour,QE3 wouldn´t be needed,right?

So what if Bernanke doesn´t go QE3 on Friday (because of this Rally)? Market Crash,thats what...
edit on 23-8-2011 by Shenon because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Sorry but the FED printing money won't stop the collapse if BAC goes under.

FDIC current balance : $10 billion.
BAC going under : 1 trillion in deposits.

The 1929 bank runs would be nothing compared to what would happen.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by mossme89

All the more reason to buy gold & silver. Even if the dollar tanks, you retain your purchasing power as the metal's price moves accordingly.

All this is scary. Its runny just as i predected it would when i told friends and family to watch for the sighs. The 1st being BofA going under and the FDIC covering deposits with HOT money.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Unless congress does and "exceptional" session in congress it can not be any money printing because already the debt ceiling is been raised at the expenses of cutting the Federal budget, not by printing more money and adding to the debt.

So I wonder what else will our magicians in government will do.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Sorry but the FED printing money won't stop the collapse if BAC goes under.

FDIC current balance : $10 billion.
BAC going under : 1 trillion in deposits.

The 1929 bank runs would be nothing compared to what would happen.

You mis understand what i was saying. The FEDs will have to print money to cover deposits not BAC. Because the FDIC is only 10 billion the FED will have to print money to cover the rest of the deposits. because all deposits are insured and backed by the FDIC in Federal reserve notes. That freshly printed money will go into the market instently jacking up inflation instently.

new topics

top topics

<< 733  734  735    737  738  739 >>

join