It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The "up-to-the-minute Market Data" thread

page: 730
<< 727  728  729    731  732  733 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 04:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

BTW, did anyone get round to reading the rest of the article posted above:

"If a disorderly Treasury market leads to the Fed embarking on QE3, repercussions for the dollar will be catastrophic," said David Woo, head of global rates and currencies research, on the call. "Investors will be quick to conclude that U.S. monetary policy has been subjugated by fiscal policy and the Fed's independence would be placed seriously into question."

The Federal Reserve meets on Tuesday and investors speculate that the central bank will acknowledge the recent stall in the economy.

How bad they describe the economic conditions in their Tuesday statement could give investors a hint as to how quickly they may move to stimulate once again.

"My view is that the Fed is pretty low on ammunition right now," said Bank of America Merrill Lynch's Harris, who puts the chances at a recession over the next 12 months at one in three. And another recession could cause some surprising actions from Ben Bernanke, he said on the call.

"If we are in a recession and the economy started to look extremely fragile, then the nuclear option for the Fed is to announce a target for 10-year yields," said the economist. "Say the target for the 10-year is set at 1 1/2 percent. That's an open-ended buying promise and when they announce it, they probably don't end up buying that much because the markets will move there right away."

Source

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 05:05 PM
link   
Banking has destroyed economy. Banking is distribution of political power and economy is its victim. Guess which one are They going to try to save...

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 05:17 PM
link   
With whats going on w the economy, will anyone give a snip that obama got osama?

Nope

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 06:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by cpdaman
christ WATER FALL pattern

down 590

puts pressure on Federal reserve to announce QE 3 this week. lowering gas prices also alleviate political pressure as well. this is the ONLY save for equity's i can think of....cept maybe another trillion stimulus from china

I don't know.. it seems every World player is now bankrupt. There are rumors spreading that China has been "stimulating" it's own economy in secret, and has major debt issues. The only economy left to really expand it's self with inflation is Europe ... which they just announced their own QE1.

For the USA .. what option is left? QE3 is admitting that we have absolutely no control of the economy, and that without manipulation the economy would collapse. Doesn't exactly inspire confidence in me.

I'd like to see a 1 year suspension of the Personal Income Tax. The 30k+ a year we pay I could put to good use stimulating the economy!

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 07:45 PM
link   
Tomorrow might be the most important day of the FED in all it's history... fail to do the correct move and the stock market might break new records.... in falling.

Will QE3 even matter? Have investors totally lost confidence in the US government and US fed? Might be.

Bank of America and Citi were taken to the cleaners today... who's next... there was a rumor that SocGen and Unicredit are worthless... if the investors go after those two like they did after BAC and Citi, KABOOOOOOOM.

The whole Italy-Spain-France-Germany bailout situation too is unfolding...

Right now, Korea is down 5.3%+ and Japan 3.8%+... this ain't over by a long shot...

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 09:16 PM
link   
Well gee, South Korea's stock market is now down 9% ... after being halted for a while earlier.

This is really ugly!

Oh wait, the technology stock market in South Korea is down 12%!!!!!!!! Can you say flash crash!
edit on 8-8-2011 by Vitchilo because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 09:18 PM
link   

They are approaching 10% now in South Korea all in the space of a few hours. Today looks like the day the entire system crashed. SHTF time

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 09:27 PM
link   
Yea 8.26 % on the Seoul Composite is a pretty huge loss for that market and it is still on a downward slope, I would be concerned if a marker lost 5 % but 8 it is going to tell me that its going to be a rough day on the major markets tomorrow, Hang Seng is 7.3 % loss.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 09:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rockpuck
For the USA .. what option is left? QE3 is admitting that we have absolutely no control of the economy, and that without manipulation the economy would collapse. Doesn't exactly inspire confidence in me.

Totally agree. The Bernanks speech tomorrow is turning into a major event it would seem. If they load QE3 into the bullet chamber that would certainly kill confidence. Gold could pop 1850 with QE3. If he doesn't present QE3, based on the Asian markets tonight, that -600 DJIA drop today could get awfully close to circuit breaker territory tomorrow.

Incredible events unfolding right now.

brill

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 09:36 PM
link   
Here I was expecting the Asian markets to be modestly down (~2%) leading into the US markets going down another percent or two in the early trading only to bounce a bit during the day to close down about 1%. That is when I would start bargain hunting!

Unfortunately, now it looks like the Asian markets are a bloodbath and the US markets might react poorly - maybe even resonating on that last downward movement at market close today shooting us down another 5%.

BUT- all the Fed has to do is hint at something nonspecific to get the whole thing to stop. If they are able to talk about 'plan' and 'response' then the paradigm supporters (people that think the Fed is all powerful) will get a bit more confident and the slide will come to a halt.

Remember, this market is not about reality, it is about perception!

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 12:02 AM
link   

Tomorrow might be the most important day of the FED in all it's history... fail to do the correct move and the stock market might break new records.... in falling.

Between a rock and a hard place. They need a new way with new words and new definitions few will understand to make it appear that we even have the slightest hold on this economy. Personally I see them starting QE3 regardless of the ramifications. They will have to do it open-ended .. if they put a number (like QE2 being 600b) or a date then once it stops its collapse all over again. Just like after QE1. Just like after QE2. QE3 will have to be a blank check and unlimited inflation. In short: Sacrifice the Middle Class to the inflation Gods!

reply to post by brill

Gold could pop 1850 with QE3.

Long term if we follow QE1-2 percentage gains Gold could likely cross 2,000 under QE3. But as long as we save the equity markets!
QE3 imo is like setting the egg timer for the World economy .. by late 2012 the entire system will completely dissolve.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 12:06 AM
link   

Gold could pop 1850 with QE3.

Gold will pop to 1850 TOMORROW if QE3 is announced.

Even if it isn't, it might break 1850 tomorrow...

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 12:07 AM
link   
S&P Cuts AAA Muni Ratings Linked to U.S.

The rating company assigned AA+ scores to securities in the $2.9 trillion municipal bond market including school- construction bonds in Irving, Texas; debt backed by a federal lease in Miami; and a bond series for multifamily housing in Oceanside, California. Olayinka Fadahunsi, an S&P spokesman, said he couldn’t provide a dollar figure on the affected debt.

www.bloomberg.com...

Damn. S&P out to destroy the World!

Our bankrupt cities are doomed.

“Treasuries may be able to shake off a real impact from the downgrade,” he said. “Munis, I’m less sure about.”

edit on 8/9/2011 by Rockpuck because: To add more doom and gloom!

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 01:33 AM
link   
London riots is not an economic event?

www.telegraph.co.uk...

Looting is logical outcome of unjust order. It simply follows the momentum of fractal fracturing. Politically speaking, entropy is revolution.

What if looting starts all over the place?

Martial law will reestablish balance.

The balance of AUTHORIZED LOOTING.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 02:33 AM
link   
Asians markets are going back up... probably due to QE3...

In other news, CNBC is saying that Korea, Indonesia and Taiwan are selling US dollars... and a lot of it. Beginning of a trend or?

Update : US futures green!

S&P +20.90 / +1.88%
Nasdaq +39.75 / +1.95
Dow +187.00 / +1.74%

Doom delayed!
Bernanke's printing presses are working hard....
edit on 9-8-2011 by Vitchilo because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 02:53 AM
link   
I have never seen the ticker for the Asian stocks report jump like it is jumping now. Swings of more than 200 points at times within 20 secs!! The same is true for Europe!!

PS The Hang was down over 800 points 5 mins ago

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 03:02 AM
link   
London hasn't even been open an hour, but -

4963.36 down 105.59 -2.08%

Source

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 03:15 AM
link   
Holy cow. Free fall:

FTSE 4890.75 down 178.20 -3.52%

Can anyone hear "suspended"?

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 03:19 AM
link   
reply to post by pause4thought

I was wondering that too not too long ago in a different thread. It sure seems volatile enough to warrant a temporary suspension should push come to shove. On the other hand something like that has a very negative psychological impact and almost ensures that things will go further down before up.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 03:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Manawydan

I agree. The markets will correct themselves, no matter what. It's just sad that so many people are going to get burned.

new topics

top topics

<< 727  728  729    731  732  733 >>

join