It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The "up-to-the-minute Market Data" thread

page: 713
<< 710  711  712    714  715  716 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 07:25 PM
link   
Price inflation is already all around us. These are the final days of our artificial economy propped up by China and Japan. China and Japan continue to buy and hold U.S. treasuries for whatever reason but when they start dumping our treasuries and the bond bubble bursts, a U.S. societal collapse could follow. Here are a couple videos that tie in to what’s been discussed
www.youtube.com...
www.youtube.com...

posted on Sep, 24 2010 @ 06:23 AM
link   
Obama lies in front of the Western controlled UN Leaders about the Economy Saved From Depression
www.youtube.com...

posted on Sep, 24 2010 @ 03:26 PM
link   
Well the markets sure seem to be fighting their way upwards recently. In fact the bulls have been in full force since the Vulcan Report said it would. Remember I showed you this?

www.youtube.com...

I couldn't recommend this guy enough, learned a lot from him in the past.
Anyways he's just been giving a heads up with a possible warning sign in the markets and telling people to be wary next week. Earlier his sources told him that the markets will be pumped at least until the November elections are over but he's recently been seeing some ominous signs so exercise caution in the markets.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Sep, 24 2010 @ 04:08 PM
link   
...off to purchase some Canadian maple leaf silver rounds.

up, up, and away we go....

posted on Sep, 24 2010 @ 05:06 PM
link   
Another update
www.cbc.ca...
Markets surge on U.S. economic data

If you ask me i am not buying into this story, can anyone bother to explain this to me?

If the food prices and other goodies prices are rising up, why are markets behaving like this?

posted on Sep, 24 2010 @ 08:17 PM
link   
Hi Agent_USA_Supporter. From my perspective, today's "better than expected" durables goods data was window dressing. Here's the anti-spin: The fed conducted another POMO today to the tune of $3.9 billion. This provided the primary dealer banks with...you guessed it - 3.9 billion in newly created funny money with which to juice the markets...and juice them they did, but it's a transitory relief. Think of it as pumping air into a leaky tire with no filling stations in sight, and another 200 miles of bad road dead ahead. In fact, the smart money is using these "rallies" to get out at higher prices.....

Insider Selling Outpaces Buying By Over 650-To-1 In Past Week

Ultimately, unsterilized debt monetization is inflationary...hard on the dollar...bullish precious metals and commodities.

The current program of outright treasury purchases, aka: quantitative easing, is scheduled to run through Oct 6.

Here's the POMO calendar.

The obvious strategy, at least through the first week of Oct is to fade these [artificial] "rallies", and when the next round of QE is implemented (Ho Man!)......same trade

posted on Sep, 24 2010 @ 10:07 PM
link   
Yes, a rise in equities is to be expected with 'QE'. Just look at Zimbabwe's stock market. It went to the moon, but what did it really mean as their currency went in the toilet. The only thing that stopped their hyperinflation was to use other currencies. The only currency standing after this will be gold and silver. Honest Money.

posted on Sep, 24 2010 @ 11:26 PM
link   
Gold Climbs To $1,300.00 on Dollar Concerns...

Gold futures rose to a record $1,300 an ounce in New York as investors sought a protection of wealth and an alternative to a weakening dollar. Bullion traded at an all-time in London and silver reached the highest price since 1980.

www.bloomberg.com...

posted on Sep, 25 2010 @ 12:25 AM
link   
I'm betting that Sony's smartphone will be doing pretty well.

posted on Sep, 25 2010 @ 01:59 AM
link   
It looks like HX-93 dropped the ball.

What happened to the customary "Failed Bank Friday" list... huh?

Heck, I might have known earlier that one of mine was on it.

Regulators Seize North County Bank Of Arlington, Wash

Thankfully, there are other baskets and alternatives to get through this weekend.

The EUR/USD longs had a great week, and all those coming to ATS claiming gold and silver would soon be worthless can feel free eat their words.

Peace

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Acclaimed economist Manfred Max-Neef, author of the award-winning book From the Outside Looking in: Experiences in ‘Barefoot Economics’ recently appeared in a must-see interview on Democracy Now where he says a second, more catastrophic crisis is unavoidable because our economic model is “dramatically poisonous.” Max-Neef explains that “Greed is the dominant value today in the world and as long as that persists, we’re done!” But he doesn’t just mean done economically, he means done as a species. IntelHub - Source

When TPTB appear to be managing our affairs as if there were no future... makes one think that maybe they know something that we don't....something that will make the madness make sense to mere mortals...

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by seataka

When TPTB appear to be managing our affairs as if there were no future... makes one think that maybe they know something that we don't....something that will make the madness make sense to mere mortals...

Agreed. I'm just wondering why people don't yet know.. Our scientists have been warning the public for decades...

Deforestation, ocean acidification, a loss in arable land, topsoil depletion, species dying out left and right.. soon to be ecosystem collapses, etc, etc. .. The system is set up to fail for a reason. Some see that reason as the elite just wanting to have more beachfront space
Those people are in for a crude awakening. I don't care how harsh it sounds, there's too many humans on this planet, and the elite know it. They're providing the means for the most foolish and unlucky to be wiped out, and the most wise, brave, and lucky to have the best probability of surviving the coming years/decades. It's just evolution, guys. Nothing to worry about.

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 08:08 PM
link   
reply to post by unityemissions

My friend earth has gone through changes over millions of years, the only difference between then and now is that now is more people that wants to use the scaremongering propaganda of climate change for profits.

Earth will do what earth will do, we humans are nothing but just another pesky species and in time earth will deal with us to give way for better and improved species.

Now when it comes to the markets and our nations economy just wait until after mid term elections and see how reality will hit us again.

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 08:14 PM
link   
In depth, blow-by-blow account of how, on the brink of a run on its banks, the Irish government chose to guarantee liabilities amounting to 10 times the national debt and more than twice the value of the economy:
The big gamble: The inside story of the bank guarantee Irish Times, September 25

Two years down the line and the sticking plaster starts to fall off as Anglo Irish Bank's credit rating drops to one notch above junk.

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 08:26 PM
link   
hey, men....isn't this thread great...
i see a big fast downturn then the equity market going to 33000 or more
Q E will be the reason for the upsurge.....the downturn is probably going to nail my target.....targets....dow to 7300 and the GBP/JPY currency pair to 73.00 or 78.77. that's elliott waver talking for that target.
something will send us down, and we'll lose the value of our u. s. dollar, but we'll have a stock market skyrocketing to infinity and beyond!( from printing money)
i'm taking bets!

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 08:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
reply to post by unityemissions

My friend earth has gone through changes over millions of years, the only difference between then and now is that now is more people that wants to use the scaremongering propaganda of climate change for profits.

I'm sorry you bought into the big-oil funded propaganda. Yes, some elite are using this issue to profit, but that doesn't mean the data isn't sound. This has only a very small part to do with CO2 emissions, ya know...

Earth will do what earth will do, we humans are nothing but just another pesky species and in time earth will deal with us to give way for better and improved species.

Maybe, maybe not. Perhaps we will flee this rock and go intergalactic! I guess that wouldn't negate anything you said, though..

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 10:45 AM
link   
Market and gold are up slightly right now,
consumer confidence is down: September Consumer Confidence Falls
and the Fed bought TIPS: Fed Buying 550 million in TIPS.

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Consumer confidence slumps in September

money.cnn.com...

I love how the media tries to spin this one, just read it

"We're going to have to see some strong and steady job gains to convince consumers that the recovery is underway right now," Franco said. "While the recession may be over, it's still not feeling that way to consumers."

"We're going to have to see some strong and steady job gains to convince consumers that the recovery is underway right now," Franco said.

Right you mean part time jobs for the election season eh?

And why you would convince the Americans public about it?

"While the recession may be over,

For the rich, its over for them, but not for us, we don't have jobs, our jobs are been sent overseas, even canadians are feeling the pressure.

edit on 28-9-2010 by Agent_USA_Supporter because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 01:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Agent_USA_Supporter

I often get a good laugh reading MarketWatch articles. And the funniest thing is the comments people leave at the bottom. Everyone knows it's lies and spin so why do they continue to publish such nonsense? I often wonder if the people writing these articles genuinly believe what they are writing or are being told to spin it.

posted on Sep, 29 2010 @ 10:33 AM
link   
Gold hits a fresh new high.

Gold rose to a fresh record, while copper breached $8,000 a tonne as investors forced the US dollar lower on speculation the Federal Reserve would adopt a second phase of quantitative easing.

Gold climbed as high as $1,313.20 a troy ounce, a fresh record, as some investors sought a safety net from the turbulence of the currency market

www.ft.com...

top topics

<< 710  711  712    714  715  716 >>

join