It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The "up-to-the-minute Market Data" thread

page: 712
<< 709  710  711    713  714  715 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 01:35 PM
link   
Poverty Rising, Surprise!

Poverty rates in the U.S. are rising, what a surprise. Meanwhile the market is stagnant and gold and silver are rising. Despite 'market experts' declaring gold was peaking for the 3rd time this year.

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 02:37 PM
link   
reply to post by time91

14.3%?

What I've learned of government statistics is to take what they give you and double it to have a rough, more accurate estimate.

That means about a quarter of us may be living in poverty.

I'm very sorry to say this may be true. Of course, this is all relative. Our homeless live better than some other countries middle class.

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 03:20 PM
link   
reply to post by unityemissions

Sometimes they divide by two, other times they count things twice. But they still can't manage to balance the budget.

A quarter of americans may be living in "poverty", but .1% of people have all of the power anyway. So relatively we're all slaves.

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 05:18 AM
link   
reply to post by time91

Mathematics is a language like any other. You can use it to lie, lie, lie...

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 12:38 PM
link   
Gold prices were driven to a another record high Thursday!

worries returned about sluggish economic growth.

Gold for December delivery added $5.10 to settle at $1,273.80 an ounce, which was a record high. Earlier in the day, it traded as high as $1,279.50 an ounce. It was the second time this week gold has set a record high, and some analysts believe the price could top $1,300 an ounce.

www.roguegovernment.com...

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 12:59 PM
link   
There will be thousands of record highs. The price of gold seems to be the only open indicator of inflation. You can deny it if you want...

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Sadly the government love to take numbers and round them up closes to the lowest one when it fit, but statistics by state are way much higher than the government given ones at over 20%.

But hey who are we to question the "experts" working for the government statistics.

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 05:07 PM
link   
This is a really good edition of the Keiser Report no 78:

The guest, Nicole Fass (Stoneleigh from the Automatic Earth ) covers a couple of key points. Notably that peak oil is effected by the credit markets, and that deeper recessions delay the inevitable skyrocketing of oil prices by decreasing demand.

Also covering the fact that when bubbles burst/crashes occur in the U.S., the Euro Zone acts like a buffer taking the largest hit, seeing as their system is more fragile than our own. This causes a flight back to the U.S. dollar, and the system seems to be somewhat self-correcting on the states end for the short run>>>

HOWEVER !!

..the Euro Zone will eventually break up to some extent and no longer be able to sink lower as collapses, reformations, and restructuring of political/economic ties cause a certain stability to unfold. This will mean the U.S. will take the largest blow eventually, and the result will likely be a domino effect, where our own partial collapse causes a run on the dollar from Asia and elsewhere. That's when the collapse truly occurs.

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 05:33 PM
link   
Wait a minute!
Prices go up because demand goes down...?
Wow! Sure sounds like "self-correcting" mechanism!
Definitely not "self-correcting"!

edit on 17-9-2010 by DangerDeath because: spelling

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 06:04 PM
link   

That was very interesting indeed, Nicole Fass certainly seems to know what she is talking about.
I say bring it on already, I've been waiting for this to happen for years, now it seems like it's just on the horizon.
Hold on tight.

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 10:33 PM
link   
Does anyone know why there was a pretty high volume on the DJI today? Looked like almost double the average volume, highest daily since late June I believe. Is it the result of the "quadruple witching" thing?

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 10:06 AM
link   

While that is true, we know that the reason the Euro was able to stay afloat was due to US tax payer dollars been funneled to European banks to cover up off the US housing marking blunder.

Yes Americas tax payer help keep the coffers in the Euro zone banks from been depleted just like we bailout the financial institutions in the US as they have links all over the world.

edit on 18-9-2010 by marg6043 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 10:11 AM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

Man, could this ponzi scheme possibly get any more layered than it already is

So my guess is that we bailed out the euro zone to keep the somewhat self-correcting mechanism in place, but in reality it just buys us some time and makes the crash ... err collapse, all that much more powerful.

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 10:19 AM
link   

Exactly, just buying out time for nations to recuperate and forcing nations like Germany, France, Canada and UK that were not that much in the negative after the down fall in the US and tax payer give away, to share the wealth with those other nations that were affected the most.

When the banking system fail in the US with the housing market, the mess was all over the world, remember even China was involved and nobody had a clue about that no even their own Chinese investors, as this was done within banks.

Americas economy was an illusion before the housing crash and is still an illusion while more bubbles are still been made.

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 11:01 AM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

c'mon...people that took finance 101 would have seen this coming...the one that got hurt rode the ponzi for as long as possible, until it was too late, the smart ones got out in winter 06/ spring07. hell, i saw it coming when 100%, 105%, 110%, loans was made available in the early bush years, to finance a mortgage. only the ignorant and the greedy got burned, not me, and not alot of my friends...we all saw it coming. not bragging, just fact.

edit on 18-9-2010 by jimmyx because: context, and syntax

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 06:44 PM
link   
reply to post by time91

What REALLY REALLY REALLY cracks me up...

The "Poverty Rate" is higher than the "Unemployment Rate."

lmao.. seriously.. if that's not a sign that this countries method of reporting numbers is *** up beyond recognition, I don't know what is.

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 08:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Rockpuck

Its because they don't count 'underemployed' as unemployed, even if the person can barely get any working hours.
I would have to agree that all government and most bank and corporate accounting is just a complex process of cooking the books, though. Especially government accounting.

edit on 18-9-2010 by time91 because: make a rambling paragraph a concise point

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 11:38 PM
link   
This is interesting, been going on for quite some while. How long can The Feds keep this act up?

According to Bloomberg, for the week ended September 17, corporate insiders bought $1.4MM in shares in a whopping 7 different companies. This was just marginally offset by sales of $441MM in 98 different companies, a ratio of 290 to 1 of stock notional sold to bought. But wait: this is GREAT NEWS: last week the ratio was 650 to 1! So this is a huge improvement and certainly yet another reason for today's rally, even though last week total notional sold was $332 million, or just under 25% lower, and sellers came in well lower at "just" 72. But who needs details when you have the Fed...

www.zerohedge.com...

And more on the anticipated 80,000 jobs cut on Wall Street...
Bank Of America Cutting 5% Of Capital Markets' Personnel, Firing 400 Employees Globally, Many More To Come...Er... Go

The much anticipated "low volume market" casualties are accumulating. As we noted first a few weeks ago

www.zerohedge.com...

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 05:24 PM
link   
Gold hits another new high, its tenth straight gain this year.

Gold Rises to Record.....The metal surged to $1,292.40 an ounce at 3:55 p.m. New York time after the Fed said it’s willing to ease monetary policy further to bolster the economy. The greenback fell as much as 1.3 percent against a basket of six major currencies. Gold has gained 18 percent this year, heading for the 10th straight annual gain.

www.businessweek.com...

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 05:58 PM
link   
Larry Summers gets the axe ?

Architect of the central bank Gold suppression scam...the Gold hating elitist that authored Gibson's Paradox and the Gold Standard....

is out

Obama economic adviser Summers leaving White House

The Obama administration's top economic adviser, Larry Summers, will be stepping down from his post at the end of 2010, the White House announced Tuesday.

Full Text

top topics

<< 709  710  711    713  714  715 >>

join