It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The "up-to-the-minute Market Data" thread

page: 711
<< 708  709  710    712  713  714 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 11:06 PM
link   
reply to post by HimWhoHathAnEar

And my fear is that they will do exactly that. Which is of course a hyperinflationary scenario.

Their objective was to create artificial inflation and they did but it wasn't enough.. I think their plan would have worked in a normal recession type scenario .. their stimulus programs were designed to employ tens of thousands, not hundreds of thousands to millions that were needed.. honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if sometime next year a new round of extra large, I'm talking one trillion dollar plus size stimulus programs don't roll out. God only knows how we'd finance it.. but it seems logical. For them anyways.

In the GD we saw a debt bubble like we see now, because we did have many stimulus programs and little tax revenue but much of it was paid off because as you say we were a country that loaned more than we borrowed .... mostly thanks to WWII.

Another interesting take is how the currency was devalued against gold when they confiscated it in '33. I think the price was doubled afterwards, which was a defacto 50% devaluation of the dollar. Which is really tame when compared with the fractional potential of what can happen with QE if it ever gets loose from the banks.

I wonder if the reasoning then was a indirect way of monetizing debt.. make a paper that was backed by Gold now worth "faith" then confiscate the Gold that actually had the value to begin with and pay debt with it .. it's genius. Something the Mafia would probably do... but genius all the same. They had the precedent to confiscate the Gold though (saying it was us government property as part of their currency or what ever) .. I don't think they'd get away with something like that again.

I still say the easiest course out of this mess is a massive World War.. World economy crashed in 1929.. WWII started in 1939 .. so even if we had a major military outbreak in say 2017 we'd be truly repeating history..

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 11:57 AM
link   
Obama Unveils New Round of Stimulus Spending

Got to love the mid term election propaganda, but is too littler too late.

Obama unveiled the first portion of a six-year federal infrastructure building program that would improve the nation’s roads, railways and runways. The first portion of the plan, according to the White House, would cost $50 billion. Under the plan, 150,000 miles of road, 40,000 miles or rail line and 150 miles of airport runways will be rebuilt or repaired.

www.economyincrisis.org...

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 03:36 PM
link   
An interesting episode of the vulcan report today. He says that his "sources" have told him that the PPT are gona pump the markets a huge amount during september and october until the elections are done.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 11:28 PM
link   
reply to post by St Udio

Imagine Google Earth on the Global Financial Picture, as we zoom out. Truly frightening scenarios come into focus...

a binder full of scary descriptions and warnings, offered with a perma-smile and singsong delivery: "Terrible recession. . . . Incredibly searing. . . . Dramatically below trend. . . . Suffering terribly. . . . Risk of making high unemployment permanent. . . . Economic nightmare."
www.washingtonpost.com... and here by Silent Thunder

The volumizers...the ppt and the quantaive easing team...

Thanks to the well-timed purchase of the US arm of bankrupt Lehman Bros in the autumn of 2008 and years of recruitment and investment, Barclays now owns one of the world's biggest and most successful investment banks in the form of Barclays Capital.

What's more, Barclays weathered 2008's worst financial crisis in living memory

www.bbc.co.uk...

Quantitative Easing (QE I) spearheaded by the Chairman of Federal Reserve, Ben Bernanke delayed the inevitable demise of the fiat shadow money banking system slightly over 18 months.

how long...can they continue the magic act ...

Trade has jumped by 20% in the three years since the last survey was conducted by the Bank for International Settlements (BIS), which is sometimes called the "central bankers' bank".

But London outpaced the average, with turnover up by 25% over the period.

Some $4 trillion (£2.6tn) changes hands around the world every day.

The BBC's business editor, Robert Peston, points out that the sum is equivalent to the entire output of the global economy being traded around once a fortnight on currency markets.

www.bbc.co.uk...

the words of Bernanke “the recent pace of growth is less vigorous than we expected” has all but vindicated my analysis. He warned that the outlook is uncertain and the economy “remains vulnerable to unexpected developments”.

Obviously, Bernanke’s words do not reveal the full extent of the fear that has gripped central bankers and the financial elites that assembled at the annual gathering at Jackson Hole, Wyoming. But, you can take it from me that they are very afraid.

Why?

....The “unexpected developments” Bernanke referred to is the collapse of the global banks. This is FED speak and to those in the loop, this is the dire warning.

www.globalresearch.ca...

So what we have is a merry-go-round of monies moving from the right pocket to the left pocket at the click of the computer mouse. The FED creates money, uses it to buy toxic assets, and the same money is then returned to the FED by the global banks to earn interest. By this fiction of QE, banks are flushed with cash which enable them to earn interest. Is it any wonder that these banks have declared record profits?

12) The global banks get rid of some of their toxic wastes at full value and at no costs, and get paid for unloading the toxic wastes via interest payments. Additionally, some of the “monies” are used by these banks to purchase US Treasuries (which also pay interests) which in turn allows the US Treasury to continue its deficit spending. THIS IS THE BAILOUT RIP OFF of the century.

Now that you fully understand this SCAM, it is left to be seen how the FED will get away with the next round of quantitative easing – QE II.

Obviously, the FED and the other central banks are hoping that in time, asset prices will recover and resume their previous values before the crisis. This is a fantasy. QE II will fail just as QE I failed to save the banks

[edit on 7-9-2010 by burntheships]

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 06:12 PM
link   
Ha ha.

So if I'm understanding correctly:

Housing bubble of the early 90's popped and market was reflated by the tech bubble.

Tech bubble popped and market was reflated by low interest rates causing sub-prime bubble.

Sub-prime bubble popped causing supposed necessity of QE-1.

QE-1 is popping which will lead to bonds market burst which leads to Armageddon, so QE-2 is now on the table...

So ... we're truly dealing with insane people who wish to defy basic laws of economics.

Each time they artificially reflate the market a newer, larger, more unstable and dangerous scenario is created...

And each step of the way those in the know and pulling the strings make back-end deals and profit either way the outcome is steered...

All the while the common man get's thoroughly screwed.

If we would have allowed the market to just pop after the tech bubble, we would have had some pain but not freaking ARMAGEDDON !!

So, I don't believe these people are insane. Some may be lower elite that don't know what's up, but the higher ups have an agenda to make this look like a mistake...

They know exactly what they're doing:

Population control, consolidation of power, and further integration of global governance.

Agree or Disagree?

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 07:50 PM
link   
reply to post by unityemissions

Oh yeah, agreed here. They have a timeline, and all things must be in place before they allow the down elevator.
The common man is getting the shaft all the way while they loot and pillage, line the coffers, stock the bunkers.

A good read here www.munknee.com... and here www.24hgold.com... direct=false&contributor=Deepcaster

They are coming for the 401Ks and Pension Funds next.

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 05:52 AM
link   

The idea of exchange does that. It is not meant to create balance, au contraire

They just create a "new idea" (popular phrase) and use it as attractor. It is the Axis Mundi switching appearances, but it is always there as the "most important focus" of existence. All it takes is some "authority" to point the way where to look.

Those who are not initiated get screwed, of course, that's the whole point.

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 12:15 AM
link   

And...speaking of Confiscation of Private Retirement Accounts, I found the news release.

Treasury And U.S. Dept Of Labor Schedules Hearing On Confiscation Of Private Retirement Funds

I knew this was coming, but I am still jaw dropped, as the announcment is on the U.S. Department Of Labor's own website. Show that to anyone who thinks their nest egg is secure. It might wake them up!

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 03:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by burntheships

And...speaking of Confiscation of Private Retirement Accounts, I found the news release.

Treasury And U.S. Dept Of Labor Schedules Hearing On Confiscation Of Private Retirement Funds

I knew this was coming, but I am still jaw dropped, as the announcment is on the U.S. Department Of Labor's own website. Show that to anyone who thinks their nest egg is secure. It might wake them up!

Those who have property never wake up - there's too much to lose!

I'm pretty sure, those who are running the show in the first place secured psychological conditioning of population to withstand all kind of confiscation by simply hoping eventually there will be something left.

Spartacus won, but he had no home ...

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 12:47 PM
link   
just an hour ago, (friday 10 sept) President Øbama finish a policy speech & Q&A ...
and he did spend most of this hour talking about the populist/blue coller/Main Street economy....

but his efforts are a waste of time, because the Fed & Treas & power players like Goldman & JP Morgan
(its being whispered the JP will slice & dice up Bank of America real soon)
well all tose power players contro;l the policdiesd & direction of the 'bank system only' recovery !

here's more of my thoughts in relation to one of my favorite economist-analysts Mr Chapman ---as follows:

+++

As that effort (saving the banking system) moves forward the Fed is just
short of two years of zero interest rates, a policy that they cannot easily change.
If they raise rates at this juncture or stop increasing money and credit the
bottom will fall out of the economy.
These are the only methods they have of keeping the system alive....

(printing money QE2 & monetization)

snip from: www.theinternationalforecaster.com/

whats' not being recognized or spoken of is that the economy will continue
to contract,and experioence more layoffs despite any 'stimulus' or RRR works
(railways/roadways/runways)...

businesses that serve little in a survial need category will continue shrinking
as there will be less disposable income left to purchase the stuff that are 'wants'

According to the BLS, 331,000 Americans were forced to downgrade
their employment status to part-time or some chunk of them would have
lost their jobs.

As the USA economy stiffles/stagflates, because only 20% of the people with
resources to consume will become more highly selective on where their resources
are spent...
the unemployment rates will increase quarterly.. food, utilities, health care
will be the recognized necessities...

Unemployment still is going nowhere although recent numbers on the face
were not all that had. Of the 67,000 in job growth 10,000 was the result
of the end of a construction strike. A figure government loves to hide is
those forced into part-time employment by an additional 331,000,
which certainly keeps the figure close to 10 million. In case you didn’t notice
all the gains were part-timers – hours worked were flat. Manufacturing lost
27,000 jobs. In April the diffusion index was 68 and in August it was 53.
Probably the most important figure of all U6 rose in August to 16.7%
from 16.5% in July, as real unemployment after taking out the birth/death
ratio rose again to 21-3/8%.

Wants vs Needs: a far cry from the times when credit expansion allowed the
masses to indulge in frivolous persuits, overpaid wages, unnecessary positions
in profit bloated companies, house-flipping gave the wrong impression to many,
& doomed many others...
the next dinosaurs will be +50" plazma TVs,
$500. wireless phone-internet devices with 10k apps.
$40K electric roadsters will be carjacked, stolen at unsecure parking-lot businesses
(as home prices & new car prices near parity)

these are nowhere near the disruptions we should be prepared to encounter...
~unless the Fed/Treas unwind their miscalculations that the rotton Banking/
Wall Street system needed bailed out at the expense of Main Street.
the WallStreet imagined role as 'wealth creator' is totally askew, incorrect...
they only create Debt & distribute the risk/losses to other-than-themselves
while enriching themselves

+++

Bailing out the financial system hasn’t worked. The loans and special deals
have only covered up the crimes these corporations were involved in and
allowed them to escape bankruptcy, which they so richly deserve.
There is no other way to describe what has transpired in the financial community
than welfare for the mega rich. What is worse is that they go right on looting
the public as if nothing has happened....

... The only way the system can be saved before it crashes is for the
system to be purged. The financial sector and others have to be allowed
to go into bankruptcy and if they are not eventually chaos and revolution
will ensue. Yes, we know that financial sector controls the government,
so won’t voluntarily allow that to happen.

edit on 10-9-2010 by St Udio because: www.theinternationalforecaster.com/

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 01:01 PM
link   
reply to post by St Udio

They talk about Obama like a dog, right? Imagine what they think about him. He is nowhere near as powerful as international bankers, intel agencies, even multinational corporations use the government and media with ease. Hes lucky hes still useful or he would be dead.
I've been thinking maybe he made Biden his VP as a threat: "Uh, If you kill me, you're going to have Joe, "Big F***in deal" Biden, uh, officially, running the country, so, that is a move, you do not want to make".

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 02:57 PM
link   
www.theglobeandmail.com...

canandian users not buying into to the gold sta

With physical gold and silver you are protected from inflation and deflation. Don't buy paper. With the current deflation trend the govt is forced to QE. Unless you are one of the govt cronies you will lose out. If the govt goes too far it will lead to hyperinflation which is loss of faith in paper.

Quite true funny how he got thumps down by people who believe in paper money

Second: A crash isn't coming. Way, way, way too much inflationary pressure and currency debasement forces upward pressure on prices of everything. Including real estate. RE needs to let off some steam, so a flattening or 15% drop is likely. But those wishing for a 30% to 50% drop are going to be sorely disappointed.

You know the comments in the article are hilarious people are for the money and not for gold, anyone that says there will be a double dip, will be thumped down.

Any canadians in buying into this nonsense?

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 07:04 PM
link   
reply to post by St Udio

What do you make of it, I see this as ominous news...The Feds are not planning on recovery....
Wall Street Firms to Cut 80,000 Jobs in 18 Months

bloomberg.com

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 07:25 PM
link   
Market Liquidity Update: 112 Stocks Now Account For Half The Day’s Trading Volume

www.neurosoftware.ro...

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 07:48 AM
link   
America's Tax System Needs Rehabilitation

Well, well, I guess with all the unemployment falling mostly on the working class now the tax revenues have to switch to something else as the government can not squeeze the working class as it used too.

The other deficit that people doesn't get to hear much about, with job deficits the budget deficits get worst, specially at the states level.

The United States is suffering from two kinds of deficits: a jobs deficit and a budget deficit. The jobs deficit is affecting millions. The underemployment rate among all Americans persists at 16.5 percent, but for minorities it’s even worse; the recession has resulted in underemployment for 23.4 percent of Hispanic and African Americans. For those with only high school diplomas, underemployment rests at 21.2 percent. Those without a diploma are worse off than anyone; 30.7 percent in this demographic are underemployed. Among those who have a college education or more, 8.1 percent are underemployed, 22.6 percentage points lower than their less educated peers.

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 07:57 AM
link   
Now this news just make me laugh, Where is next year Federal budget.

Well it seems that with the mid term elections congress (majority Democrat and in power) are doing everything they can to delay the hated numbers that are to be brought up to the congress floor for next year.

People that now think our nations government is spending like a run away train will be close to a hart attack when the numbers shows for next year

At a time when our economy is peering into the precipice, our representatives do not even have a budget for the fast approaching fiscal year.

In actuality, Congress is delaying a finalization of the budget because of the impending election not in spite of it. It won't be the first time. Delayed federal budgets do not necessarily go against the grain. For the past 35 years Congress has regularly failed to finalize a budget before the beginning of the fiscal year.

The problem is that so far congress keep spending without a spending plan so they can hide the true numbers of the nations growing deficit but once the budget is put in the table the tax payer and voters will know how much in trouble this nation truly is.

The CBO estimates that the 2011 budget will total $3.7 trillion based on policies that were in place this summer. More than two-thirds of the budget will be allocated to entitlement programs and the national debt.

Now remember this numbers doesn't even get closes to all the extra spending that is on going in our government.

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 02:33 PM
link   
Gold Prices Surge to Record Highs $1271.20 an ounce...
www.thestreet.com...

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 06:17 PM
link   
kingworldnews.com...

Does this chart mean anything to you all? SOmeone sent it to me today, and said it was very telling.

I would highlight the important stuff if I knew what that was!

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 05:37 PM
link   
reply to post by SunnyDee

It shows that mutual funds, which are investing for 401k's, etc, are increasingly paying out their liquid funds. In other words, their 'cash' versus the stocks they're holding in the market which they use to make a return, with which to pay future obligations.

The most 'liquid' are funds entering from peoples paychecks. So they do the ponzi thing of trying to pay older ponzi players with newer ponzi player money. However, as the graph indicates, at some point they will dip into having to liquidate their investments, at which point they can't make a future profit.
Pretty much the same game as social security was. Use the 'income' to offset your debts until the payouts become a liability and the ponzi scheme falls apart.

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 11:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by SunnyDee
kingworldnews.com...

Does this chart mean anything to you all? SOmeone sent it to me today, and said it was very telling.

Hi SunnyDee. Here's a similar graph that might better illustrate Kevin Duffy's point that mutual fund balances are a notoriously reliable contrary indicator. Not only do mutual fund managers typically move in a herd...worse...they tend to over-invest in stocks near market tops..and..under-invest near market bottoms. Record low cash levels (now), tell us that an alarming percentage of their capital is currently deployed in the market. Historically, this level of irrational-exuberance indicates that a sizable downside reversal could be lurking just over the horizon (see chart).

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/e6767d761ee4.gif[/atsimg]

2007 all over again ?

Sauvé qui peut! (save who you can, or every man for himself, or run for your life!).

edit on 15-9-2010 by OBE1 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 708  709  710    712  713  714 >>

join