It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The "up-to-the-minute Market Data" thread

page: 703
<< 700  701  702    704  705  706 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 02:29 PM
link   
GreenBicMan please explain why markets are up today,
its like a in video game or something, as if they are scoring a point.

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 02:38 PM
link   
The time has come to revive some old myths...

Teen barters phone for a Porsche convertible

www.cnn.com...

Read the story and get rich

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 02:39 PM
link   
reply to post by time91

You aren't getting it yet.

What makes the metals market so much more important than lets say the Sugar Market or Lean Hogs?

Don't you think it would be to the Fed's advantage to manipulate the markets with the least volume? Then take this money and either buy or sell dollars or move the US DX? Do you understand how much money flows through these markets and how impossible it would really be to unload the positions that would require this massive undertaking?

Look at these performances over the last quarter.. Data There is nothing special about gold or anything, all commodities move like this. And yet you still try and talk down to me? You can think of me as your god for now. Because I am miles past you and have probably done more research into global securities markets last week than you have in your entire life.

You haven't put any research into this, because if I really wanted to take the time to pull all the charts and totally pwn you I would. In reality, you have a long way to go. GL on your journey. Make sure if you ever have an opportunity for advancement in the financial industry you don't start with this in the interview.

In the end, here are the facts.

1) You have done no research. Reading ZeroHedge doesn't count.

2) You don't really grasp the flow of money from non-liquid contracts as opposed to liquid ones.

3) You have no idea what the derivative market is about. For a real explanation and a firm understanding you should visit the CME's website.

4) The US DOLLAR isn't in a bubble. What is the matter with you?

5) I don't really doubt the existance of the PPT. More like JPM and friends.

6) There ARE FAR BETTER THINGS TO MANIPULATE THAN GOLD PRICE WHICH HAS ABSOLUTELY NO #ING BEARING ON THE US ECONOMY.

[edit on 22-7-2010 by GreenBicMan]

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 02:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Agent_USA_Supporter

Yesterday was a joke. If the market was really going to fall on Big Ben testimony it would have been down 300+. That was shaking the weak longs out.

Someone might know something about a good jobs report tomorrow if you wanted the CT side of it.

In reality, IMO, things are undervalued and this earnings season actually has been surprising to the upside for the greater percentage. The strong dollar really didn't have that much effect, although you never know how much was factored into last qtr opposed to this coming one.

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 06:19 PM
link   
There is an estimated $730 billion in outstanding federal and private student-loan debt, says Mark Kantrowitz of FinAid, a Web site that tracks financial-aid issues -- and only 40% of that debt is actively being repaid.

Well what a surprise when the unemployment for students is the highest EVER.

The number of new jobless claims filed last week in the United States rose by 37,000, surprising forecasters who had predicted a much lower rise.
Oooops.

Can diplomats field their own army? The State Department is laying plans to do precisely that in Iraq, in an unprecedented experiment that U.S. officials and some nervous lawmakers say could be risky.
More money to be lost in Iraq while the medias say 24/7 how the US is leaving Iraq... give me a break. And to that you have to add all the US contractors and mercenaries.

This week The Corbett Report was sent documents purported to be the notes of an attendee of the recent Toronto G20 meeting. The documents, if genuine, show that the recent meeting once again gave the G20 a chance to discuss global government as an answer to the ongoing economic meltdown and reaffirm that carbon taxes are high on the globalists’ priority list.
Gee you think?

Why Not Another World War?
Of course for the good of the economy!

The Obama administration is backing legislation that includes regulations requiring U.S. businesses to provide to the government data about employee pay as it relates to the sex, race and national origin of employees.
How nice.

[edit on 22-7-2010 by Vitchilo]

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 01:31 AM
link   
According to TWITTER, all the Spanish banks have failed the stress tests... more details will be given Friday.

Euro slips as several Spain savings banks reportedly fail stress tests; official results due later across Europe - Reuters

Everybody get your euro shorts now!

Amazon got raped into after hours... -10%!!

July 27-28-29 : 102 billion in bonds to sell...

[edit on 23-7-2010 by Vitchilo]

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 09:26 AM
link   
reply to post by GreenBicMan

If the market was really going to fall on Big Ben testimony it would have been down 300+.

Man, you've got some gall talking like that after repeatedly ridiculing time91 for overstating the exactness of his correlations!!!

Your correlation befits some of the vitriol you aimed at said poster:

Quit believing dumb things you read online

Just a another ATS bogus argument.

educated people wouldn't buy into this theory

What's with you endlessly trying to put down people you disagree with? (Other things you said were even more insulting.) And yet another insinuation ATS is trash — I hope your 'handler' pays you handsomely...

Now for those who come here to mull things over rather than to achieve the 'Philistine of the Year' award:

Q&A: What are the European bank stress tests for?

Click the article for a very informative read.

Quick taster:

What scenarios are they looking at?

This had not yet been disclosed by European regulators.

What is known is that there are three different scenarios being looked at:

*a "baseline" scenario that assumes a continuing recovery

*an "adverse" scenario, assuming a two-year double-dip recession

*an "additional sovereign shock", which includes some kind of financial crisis for European governments such as Greece, as well as the double-dip recession

The sovereign shock will involve a hypothetical fall of about 25% in the value of relevant government bonds.

Significantly however, banks may still be allowed to value these bonds at 100% if they say that they intend to hold the bonds until they mature.

In order to pass the test, banks must maintain "tier one" capital - the strictest measure of capital - equal to at least 6% of their assets (which are reweighted for this purpose according to their riskiness).

There are market concerns that the sovereign shock test may not be extreme enough.

Some investors think that a worst-case scenario could see Greece and several other European countries default on their debts and possibly also exit the eurozone.

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 09:41 AM
link   
reply to post by pause4thought

90% of the arguments presented are full of half truths and misconceptions. It goes for this whole website.

If you would like to debate any of the facts pertaining to the conversation allow me time to sharpen my blade.

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 10:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by GreenBicMan

90% of the arguments presented are full of half truths and misconceptions. It goes for this whole website.

If you would like to debate any of the facts pertaining to the conversation allow me time to sharpen my blade.

Let me guess:

Bible - 100% full proof
Mein Kampf - 100% full proof
Koran - 100% full proof
Little Red Book - 100% full proof
Little Green Book - 100% full proof
By-the-Book - 100% full proof

You have already begged for time a while ago, then disappeared and now pretend it didn't happen.

Promises, promises...

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 10:05 AM
link   

reply to post by time91

You aren't getting it yet.

What makes the metals market so much more important than lets say the Sugar Market or Lean Hogs?

Don't you think it would be to the Fed's advantage to manipulate the markets with the least volume? Then take this money and either buy or sell dollars or move the US DX? Do you understand how much money flows through these markets and how impossible it would really be to unload the positions that would require this massive undertaking?

Look at these performances over the last quarter.. Data There is nothing special about gold or anything, all commodities move like this. And yet you still try and talk down to me? You can think of me as your god for now. Because I am miles past you and have probably done more research into global securities markets last week than you have in your entire life.

You haven't put any research into this, because if I really wanted to take the time to pull all the charts and totally pwn you I would. In reality, you have a long way to go. GL on your journey. Make sure if you ever have an opportunity for advancement in the financial industry you don't start with this in the interview.

In the end, here are the facts.

1) You have done no research. Reading ZeroHedge doesn't count.

2) You don't really grasp the flow of money from non-liquid contracts as opposed to liquid ones.

3) You have no idea what the derivative market is about. For a real explanation and a firm understanding you should visit the CME's website.

4) The US DOLLAR isn't in a bubble. What is the matter with you?

RESPONSE:

WTF! Really, please explain how it isn't a bubble with particularity?

5) I don't really doubt the existance of the PPT. More like JPM and friends.

6) There ARE FAR BETTER THINGS TO MANIPULATE THAN GOLD PRICE WHICH HAS ABSOLUTELY NO #ING BEARING ON THE US ECONOMY.

RESPONSE:

Are you kidding me? Your telling me that GOLD has absolutely no bearing on the U.S. Economy? Really, care to explain?

[edit on 22-7-2010 by GreenBicMan]

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 10:19 AM
link   
reply to post by wxguru

The US Dollar is in a bubble?
Where is the bubble?

What is your definition of a bubble? Because this chart does not show that. If you can find some evidence, please, fill me in.

You also contend somehow that gold prices have an effect on the US ECONOMY? Wow, laughable.
GDP through 2004

Does this look like the chart of historical gold prices? No...

So if we know that where is the correlation?

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 10:21 AM
link   

WTH?

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 10:28 AM
link   

GBM you're really asking for it now. Everyone knows full well you're just here as a 'spoiler'. Your attempts to put a dampener on this thread have FAILED. Months of your time have been wasted.

*presents Epic Fail award*

90% of the arguments presented are full of half truths and misconceptions.

I'll leave it to another poster to expose why you are so keen to shut this discussion down:

Having worked for a large Australian Bank until June of 2009, My role was portfolio manager. It was a small portflio of $100m. I have watched this thread since it very first began. I left the bank and aqcuired a gold mine with a good resource. I can assure you , the filtering of information about the real situation is controlled from the the highest levels of the corporate world and by governement agencies and their advisors. The minds and analytical abilities on this thread, together with unbiased collation and presentation of available data is THE VERY BEST. The speculations are just.

Post (from 9/5/10)

It goes for this whole website.

If that were really the case they wouldn't be paying you so much to spread disinfo here.

Here's your "fact":

If the market was really going to fall on Big Ben testimony it would have been down 300+.

Your blade doesn't need sharpening. It consists of insults, and is well-honed.

Man, you have been so called out. No matter what you say, the truth about the real state of the economy, the behind-the-scenes shenanigans on the markets and the culpability of the banks will continue to be exposed right here.

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 10:36 AM
link   

reply to post by wxguru

Where is the bubble?

What is your definition of a bubble? Because this chart does not show that. If you can find some evidence, please, fill me in.

RESPONSE:

Source: Barry Bannister, Stifel Nicolaus

This site explains the Dollar Bubble far better than I could.

news.goldseek.com/GoldSeek/1258739206.php

You also contend somehow that gold prices have an effect on the US ECONOMY? Wow, laughable.
GDP through 2004

RESPONSE:

Dude, every one with a brain knows that gold ha a significant effect on the U.S. Economy. I consider gold prices to be a intricate part of the health of the U.S. economy. Your see when gold prices are up, the economy is in crisis or inflation mode. When gold prices are down, the economy and the stock market are in good shape, respectively. However, when gold and the market are up its rather difficult to not scream "manipulation. The stock market is not a very good bearing on how the economy is any ways. You agree? Its fine that the copr sector/investors are making profits, but at what expense? RETURNS look good, when you lay-off 1,000 to get their.

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 10:37 AM
link   

reply to post by wxguru

Where is the bubble?

RESPONSE:

Source: Barry Bannister, Stifel Nicolaus

This site explains the Dollar Bubble far better than I could.

news.goldseek.com/GoldSeek/1258739206.php

GDP through 2004

RESPONSE:

Dude, every one with a brain knows that gold ha a significant effect on the U.S. Economy. I consider gold prices to be a intricate part of the health of the U.S. economy. Your see when gold prices are up, the economy is in crisis or inflation mode. When gold prices are down, the economy and the stock market are in good shape, respectively. However, when gold and the market are up its rather difficult to not scream "manipulation. The stock market is not a very good bearing on how the economy is any ways. You agree? Its fine that the copr sector/investors are making profits, but at what expense? RETURNS look good, when you lay-off 1,000 to get their.

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 10:42 AM
link   

So on this website we like to live in the world of hypotheticals. That is fine, just do not go around and saying it is the truth, or speaking like it is.

Why does it seem when facts need to be presented I can easily find them to back up my statements, but when someone else says something it is usually linked to a blog with some misguided statement?

Like I said, everyone is entitled to their own opinion, even though it is most likely wrong (not in all cases).

If I am a disinfo agent I would have to be a hell of a horrible one to stick around and shoot the # on this thread for kicks. I don't even get why a disinfo agent would even do that.. it just doesn't make sense.. I am doubting I could sway "big money" by perpetrating any lies like that.

As for the rest you can all debate it amongst yourselves. It doesn't bother me, the only thing that bothers me is people calling me out based on xxxxx.blogspot.com or xxxxx.aol.hometownpages.com

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 10:46 AM
link   
reply to post by wxguru

But yet you have nothing to back that up with do you?

Please, do some real research that backs up that last paragraph.

In essence in what you are saying is when the two move hand in hand it is "manipulation" (oh god) and when they are moving like you want them to it is normal?

So, in reality, you are just assuming you are always right? You can't be wrong because when you are it is someone else's fault (manipulation) and when you are right, well you are right? Does that just about explain it?

So 2003-2008 was total manipulation when the market was going up and gold was right? But 2008-2010 was not manipulation because stock prices were going down?

Do you see how you are just twisting things around to adhere to your hypothesis? Am I seriously the only one that sees this?

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 11:10 AM
link   

reply to post by wxguru

In essence in what you are saying is when the two move hand in hand it is "manipulation" (oh god) and when they are moving like you want them to it is normal?

So, in reality, you are just assuming you are always right? You can't be wrong because when you are it is someone else's fault (manipulation) and when you are right, well you are right? Does that just about explain it?

So 2003-2008 was total manipulation when the market was going up and gold was right? But 2008-2010 was not manipulation because stock prices were going down?

Do you see how you are just twisting things around to adhere to your hypothesis? Am I seriously the only one that sees this?

RESPONSE:
I know, I know this is blogspot, but this guy hits right on the head with 2003-2008 scenario.

seekingalpha.com... g/426795-faisal-humayun/7318-dow-gold-ratio-and-the-silent-us-stock-market-crash

You see nobody was crying manipulation at this time because the market was going up or down incremently, and not huge wild swings. after 2008, the gold went up because it was a safe haven, and because gold has intrinics value. When the market began tumbling everyone was rushing towards gold, hence the big move up. In reality, the the market is very manipulative. You can sway it one way or the other by just speaking recovery or positive gains the market will shoot up. Why, because its looking for a positive guidance, something to make the investor and the markets feel ok. Its actually very simple.

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by wxguru

reply to post by wxguru

RESPONSE:
I know, I know this is blogspot, but this guy hits right on the head with 2003-2008 scenario.

seekingalpha.com... g/426795-faisal-humayun/7318-dow-gold-ratio-and-the-silent-us-stock-market-crash

You see nobody was crying manipulation at this time because the market was going up or down incremently, and not huge wild swings. after 2008, the gold went up because it was a safe haven, and because gold has intrinics value. When the market began tumbling everyone was rushing towards gold, hence the big move up. In reality, the the market is very manipulative. You can sway it one way or the other by just speaking recovery or positive gains the market will shoot up. Why, because its looking for a positive guidance, something to make the investor and the markets feel ok. Its actually very simple.

LOL (Once again, the blogosphere). Just think for yourself once in a while.. it isn't that hard.

OK man, I must be in the group of everyone with a half of a brain. My half must be quite large as I have ripped through your hypothesis with your full large adult sized brain that has more education than I do as you stated back 1 page.

If nothing else it does show that people with a specialized degree aren't necessarily any smarter than a tree stump.

Everything in the market that is hindsight is 20/20.

It is really easy to come up with "solutions" to things after the fact that don't need necessarily to be true. You only need a blog.

For an educated person you really are not a fan of personal research or fact checking are you?

Everyone with half a brain knows this... blah blah blah.. but yet you are just fooling yourself because you didn't think that GreenBicMan could prove your twisted views on the economy to be a sham, right?

Do me a favor, in the future before you ever want to have a debate with me, do some research into your opinionated statements before I have to make you look foolish in a public setting.

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 11:24 AM
link   

hAHAHA, your such a fool. You basically attack me, but proffer no rebuttal to what I just stated. Who cares if it comes from a Blog or some
other source, as long as the source gives substantial facts. So, basically everythin you've responded to has been nothing byt opinions and your own views. You give no factual based sources, but your talk. NOW, PLEASE SIT DOWN YOUNG MAN, AND LISTEN AND UNDERSTAND TODAY'S LECTURE.

top topics

<< 700  701  702    704  705  706 >>

join