It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The "up-to-the-minute Market Data" thread

page: 699
<< 696  697  698    700  701  702 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 11:35 AM
link   

The journalist goes on to balance the story with a critical comparison between their ratings approach and more established western versions.

And by more established, you mean UTTER corrupted, right?

The western ratings agencies are a stinking joke. They are a part of the problem, not the solution. They helped create this crisis in the first place.

From MarketTicker...
Study on small business and credit

* The prime problem with small business is slow or declining sales, and is worse today (by six points) than last year, which was the so-called "formal" bottom of the recession. Access to credit is the prime problem in only 8% of small businesses.

* 38% of small businesses are using credit cards as a funding mechanism (!!!) At today's pricing this is suicidal. If this number indicates those small business who have effectively been forced into this use of credit (and I suspect it is) we're in deep kimchee - nearly 4 in 10 small businesses are likely to fail in the next two to three years as a consequence of this.

* Far too many (11%) small business owners are collateralizing real estate as a means of funding operations. If I'm reading this report right, these are businesses where the owner has pledged his or her personal residence as security.

Quite worrying.

Moody’s slashed Portugal’s credit rating by two notches to A1, citing a deterioration of the country’s debt ratios and weak growth prospects, the ratings agency said Tuesday.
Better late than never uh?

[edit on 13-7-2010 by Vitchilo]

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 01:32 PM
link   
June deficiet is out... 68 billion? huh...

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 01:42 PM
link   
reply to post by TheCoffinman

Yeah like last time they said the April deficit was 82.7 billions when in reality it was 175.6 billion...

I'll try to find the real numbers and I'll post them here.

Real June deficit calculated by me from US treasury own numbers : 210.9 billion compared with 68 billion.

Total REAL deficit for 2010 so far : up to June 30 : 892 billion.

And the real deficit for fiscal year 2010 : 1.294 trillion compared with the reported deficit of 1.005 trillion.

Only a 290 billion difference! Nothing to see here!

Debt ceiling to be reached around mid March 2011 and 100% debt to GDP around mid June 2011 at the current rate for the year of course.

[edit on 13-7-2010 by Vitchilo]

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 12:44 AM
link   
Dow will be back up above 11,000 soon, at this rate. I am so confused. I know its all rigged but seriously....confused.

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 02:01 AM
link   
Trade jump highlights economic growth

www.theglobeandmail.com...

Exports and imports up sharply in May, but subpar recovery in U.S. fuels longer-term concerns

I am not buying this artlice, its no surpise some 2 canadians are buying it and believing it, this comment on the comment section has no sense on reality.

comment made by possbile goverment suppoter

whazzup

Call of duty you have no clue, the deficit or suplus is on a month to month basis has no reflection on jobs. The fact we are exporting more and consuming more means that we will create more jobs. Expect the employment situation to improve, at least from were the bears are forecasting.

Im getting wealthier so are the 250000 million canadians that have found work, all that was forecast-able from data I have commented on 8 months ago. Dont you get tired of crying wolf?

another lesson, never on the net say if your wealthier or not otherwise if you say your getting richer, then we all know why your getting wealthier.

funniest comment to add

Expect the employment situation to improve

really i wonder what have they been watching CBC?
I dont buy it, and normal people dont buy this crap.

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 06:54 AM
link   
reply to post by xxshadowfaxx

It will be pushed to reach that high but its going to be difficult, because is going to be all fake.

The reason for this attempt is because the Obama administration is very much afraid that they will lose the congress in November and they are going to lie about how much the administration has done to help bring back the economy with all the bailout tax payer money been wasted.

After all Americans are not happy with what is going on in this nation, many people think that changing dumb for dumber will fix anything, because that is all we got to chose from.

The biggest problems is that the Obama administration will try to push last minute bills like Crap and Rape, I mean cap and trade and more trade pacts before they exit the majority in congress

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 07:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Agent_USA_Supporter

And you are right to no fall for it.

The reality that the government doesn't want regular Americans to know when it comes to GDP figures and Trade deficit, after all most Americans doesn't have a clue what all those numbers means, just what the government tell them

U.S. Trade Gap Hits 18-Month High

The U.S. trade deficit took an unexpected jump in May, hitting an 18-month high and imperiling economic recovery in the latter half of the year, the U.S. Commerce Department announced Tuesday.

Largely due to increased demand for foreign-made cars, computers and industrial machinery, the trade deficit rose to $42.3 billion in May, a 4.8 percent increase. The trade deficit was expected to narrow to $39 billion for the month.

Overall the trade deficit is running at an annual pace of $474.8 billion, which would be a 26.6 percent increase from the previous year. Last year the trade deficit totaled $374.9 billion, the lowest recorded since 2001 during yet another recession.

The government now like to post weekly and monthly numbers because it takes the minds away from the overall picture of how Americans economy is actually doing, that is deceiving and because most Americans will not do the math.

The trade deficit with China increased 15.4 percent in May, jumping to $22.3 billion. Thus far this year, the trade deficit with China is up 10.2 percent compared with a year ago.

The trade deficit with the European Union also increased, climbing 7.5 percent to $6.2 billion. The increase in the trade deficit with the EU was largely due to the fact that the Euro has lost value on the dollar because of the European debt crisis.

The trade deficit with Mexico increased to $6.15 billion.

www.economyincrisis.org...

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 07:35 PM
link   
yeah i mean i think for abit there the bad news was pretty stagnant, maybe got alittle better but now is obviously and visible getting worse.. i think the government right now is on 100% propaganda spin mode. theyre lying their arses off about any number of things.

i have a really smart friend whose in college and everything and hes a complete skeptic about everything and doesnt believe in the sinister backdoor reality of the government and their NWO masters (bankers, etc.) as smart as he is... hes really ignorant. and its sad.

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 09:26 PM
link   
Even the FED doesn't believe there's a recovery...

The economic outlook had softened somewhat and a number of members saw the risks to the outlook as having shifted to the downside...

Hoenig wants interest rates to go up...

Mr. Hoenig dissented because he believed that, as the economy completed its first year of modest recovery, it was no longer advisable to indicate that economic and financial conditions were likely to warrant “exceptionally low levels of the federal funds rate for an extended period.” Although risks to the forecast remained, Mr. Hoenig was concerned that communicating such an expectation would limit the Committee’s flexibility to begin raising rates modestly in a timely fashion and could result in a buildup of future financial imbalances and increase the risks to longer-run macroeconomic and financial stability.

The whole report here

Mortgage Applications Sink To 13 Year Low
Ooops.

UK debt is 4 trillion pounds, not 1 trillion...
Re-oops.

Jim Grant : QE 2.0 is coming

Retail Sales Down 0.5% Versus Expectations Of -0.3%, Auto Sales Plunge 2.3%
Re-re-ooops.

Baltic Dry Massacre Enters 34th Straight Dry As BDIY Plunges 4.5% Overnight

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 08:48 AM
link   
Retails are taking a hit, in an analysis done in CNBC the reason why people are now holding on to spending, is the increase in fines and penalties by credit card companies, plus everybody is now finding out that taxes are increasing and hitting their pockets locally, at state level

Right now, in my neck of the woods in Ga this year will be no more (non tax day for school supplies and clothing something that people were used too every year prior to the beginning of school term.

And that is what we can see, states are becoming very crafty on how to increase taxes to generate income now that the federal government has close its wallet to many of their aid.

But one thing is for sure, you don't see much when it comes to state government cuts and their pensions.

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 12:10 PM
link   
FTSE at close:

5211.29 down 42.23 (-0.80%)

DJIA:

10271.44 down 95.28 (-0.92%)

Source

Someone's doing alright:

JP Morgan profits jump in second quarter

...The US bank booked net income of $4.8bn (£3.1bn), up from $2.7bn in the same period last year, a rise of more than 75%.

The bulk of the $2.1bn improvement came courtesy of a $1.5bn reduction in the amount of money the bank must set aside for possible loan losses.

JP Morgan's share price fell 1.9% in early trading, in spite of the profits.

Bank stocks were hit by poor economic news from the US...

What do you think of the following extract:

The Manhattan-based bank also said it incurred a charge of $550m for the quarter, to cover the UK's new 50% bonus tax...

(Anyone need a hanky?)

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 12:43 PM
link   
reply to post by pause4thought

I wouldn't worry too much about that charge seeing as that they probably made that in one month in the OTC FX Markets. Helps to never have a losing day. I know a lot about that.

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 12:48 PM
link   
reply to post by GreenBicMan

I'm not worried about JP Morgan! I think a lot of Americans will be asking why their government hasn't implemented something similar, though.

...Not least because so much 'bailout' money actually went towards paying obscene mega-bonusses.

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 02:17 PM
link   
Just breaking... the bastards in the senate passed the Finance ``Reform`` Bill...

Vote 60-39

What a stinking surprise... NOT. And my friend in finance said they wouldn't pass it because the banks were too powerful... to that I replied...YEAH EXACTLY, THAT'S WHY THEY GONNA PASS IT.

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 02:33 PM
link   
Probably won't be the last time I have to eat hat

1.2907 EUR/USD ?

Get ******** real.

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 02:53 PM
link   
Something has to be going on with GS

www.marketwatch.com...

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Euro/US to hit 1.45? like I said earlier? Lol. The elite won't let the euro die just yet.

Now do you agree that this whole thing is rigged?

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 03:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

No, I agree the OTC FX Market is definitely "fishy". I have always said that though, FX is a quasi scam as it is totally unregulated.

I still think EUR USD is going much lower - this is the relief rally many were waiting for though - I just cant believe it is close to touching 1.30 - that is ridiculous IMO - especially without our equity markets at new yearly highs

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 10:38 PM
link   

Well my buddy i still can see the euro crashing with american dollar, like my OLD high school teacher used to say after i asked him, (America used go up but this crisis they wont come back, until americans do something about there goverment)

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 10:43 PM
link   
To da moon!

Oh wait...

Stocks: Fall On Strong Yen, Worries About U.S. Economy

TOKYO (Kyodo)--Tokyo stocks fell Friday morning as a strong yen hurt exporter shares amid investor worries about the strength of the U.S. economic recovery.

Well... worries about US economy! Impossible! Don't you believe in Dear Leader and Dear Timmy?
They are gods walking among men! Recovery is here if they say it is!

Swiss bank raided in German tax probe
No way that's gonna happen in the US or UK... police raiding Goldman Sachs or JP Morgan accounts or even raiding the FEDs offices all across the country...

new topics

top topics

<< 696  697  698    700  701  702 >>

join