It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The "up-to-the-minute Market Data" thread

page: 698
<< 695  696  697    699  700  701 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 04:42 PM
link   
China "Hiring" White Foreigners for "High-Level" Positions

Now this is a good one, more and more Americans are now moving oversea for better jobs in higher positions in China, actually this is been going on for quite a while lately.

Meanwhile the insourcing of foreigners into the US is for less pay, but now high ranking white males are moving for better pay jobs offers by China.

Apparently, some Chinese companies are not equal opportunity employers.

Chinese companies are increasingly hiring white foreigners from the Western world to pose as business partners to impress potential clients and investors, multiple media outlets are reporting.

White foreigners provide Chinese businesses with a sense of cachet. In a nation that is becoming more and more multicultural, having a white foreigner pose as a high-ranking company official, partner or investor lends the company a sense of prestige, power and influence.

China doesn't do anything for any reason, they are doing this now to take advantage of the western way of thinking and its secrets then they will turn around and use it against western economic powers.

www.economyincrisis.org...

[edit on 10-7-2010 by marg6043]

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 05:04 PM
link   
reply to post by GreenBicMan

You Said (among other things):

...There has never been anymore naysayers to start a bull run most likely ever in history. It was just that institutions don't think like normal players and their jaw probably dropped when they could snatch IBM sub $80 and GS for a 3:1 discount. This is how the long term game is played. Then these guys just sold back all the shares to everyone else once the retail crowd settled down. ...

along with the falsehood that 'futures' were not in the mix with equities...!~

huh?.... in my eyes the 'futures' include the GLD ETFs, although by inferrence this market is the immediate 24 hr period.
these ETFs are so managed & manipulated it's pathetic...

but let's not focus on that area of futures...
IBM @ below $80. was something i shyed away from many years ago
because i seen a $117. plateau for the stock...which would translate into a long term 'loss', sans another split or other major stock event.

your views & my views are at loggerheads
and will not change with whatever data is 'spun' to one-anothers' favor.
..keep your perspective, I'll keep mine

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by St Udio

You Said (among other things):

...There has never been anymore naysayers to start a bull run most likely ever in history. It was just that institutions don't think like normal players and their jaw probably dropped when they could snatch IBM sub $80 and GS for a 3:1 discount. This is how the long term game is played. Then these guys just sold back all the shares to everyone else once the retail crowd settled down. ...

along with the falsehood that 'futures' were not in the mix with equities...!~

huh?.... in my eyes the 'futures' include the GLD ETFs, although by inferrence this market is the immediate 24 hr period.
these ETFs are so managed & manipulated it's pathetic...

but let's not focus on that area of futures...
IBM @ below $80. was something i shyed away from many years ago
because i seen a $117. plateau for the stock...which would translate into a long term 'loss', sans another split or other major stock event.

your views & my views are at loggerheads
and will not change with whatever data is 'spun' to one-anothers' favor.
..keep your perspective, I'll keep mine

Futures are not in the mix with equities. We are talking products accessible from the CME and all time and sales are available to all participants at all times.

These are not the same things.

Your views are flawed because you fail to be a smart investor when you are not buying at a wholesale discount.

IBM is a classic example of a historically strong US Equity that follows the ebb and flow of the DJIA.

There is no bad example of buying things at a discount and selling at a premium. I don't see how this is the "wrong" view? So, lets say you bought at $80, you could have sold at the recent high of $130. That is only 75% or so gain? So is that wrong? I just dont get it?

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 06:09 PM
link   
While America is fighting a "War on Terrorists", and Americans killing and dying in Afghanistan, China's hands are clean in the eyes of Muslim world.
At the same time, new railroads and roads are being built in Afghanistan, and China has bought the big copper mine there and is preparing to start exploitation. That's why NATO is there.

This war was premeditated for this purpose. Powers that be are using China and its cheap labor for their own purposes, and sacrificing everybody else, including America, which is being destroyed at a galloping speed. There are too many proofs for this.

There is a word for this kind of behavior.

Market is there to provide a beneficial tranquilizing effect. Keep staring!

God knows what else is in stock, but I don't think it will be good.

Oct. 28 2009

www.bloomberg.com...

Afghanistan has only 25 kilometers of train track and crime gangs along the highways extort cash and steal cargo from haulers. Human rights campaigners and U.S. government officials say the bandits are helping fuel an insurgency that prompted President Barack Obama to send 21,000 additional soldiers to the country this year and to consider committing more U.S. troops.

Barak Obama was sending 21.000 additional soldiers to stop crime gangs who extort cash and steal cargo from haulers...

June 4 2010

burnafterreading.nationaljournal.com...

This may seem to be a small event, but it is a geostrategic revolution.

The new tracks are funded by the Asian Development Bank, a major donor to Afghanistan, but built by the Uzbek national railway.

March 8 2009
www.mcclatchydc.com...

In this Taliban stronghold in the mountains south of Kabul, the U.S. Army is providing the security that will enable China to exploit one of the world's largest unexploited deposits of copper, earn tens of billions of dollars and feed its voracious appetite for raw materials. Read more: www.mcclatchydc.com...

[edit on 10-7-2010 by DangerDeath]

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 06:27 PM
link   

There is no bad example of buying things at a discount and selling at a premium. I don't see how this is the "wrong" view? So, lets say you bought at $80, you could have sold at the recent high of $130. That is only 75% or so gain? So is that wrong? I just dont get it?

Well yes and if we all did this we would all be billionhairs but the facts are advice costs money, brokers cost money and market makers want a cut and then you have to deal with the market being fixed.

"That is only 75%"

yeah i must be stupid when i settle for a mere 20% gain also

Be honest with yourself and ask yourself if the system is close to a full on meltdown because the national debt and CDS would sugest to me it is and i don't buy the theroy that CDS are a zero sum game and cancel each other out so we have nothing to be concerned with.

IMHO we are back in 1932 just now so don't go getting an haricut.

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 07:08 PM
link   

imho your masterful at making a topic opaque... obfuscating...misrepresenting items in the broad-scope by intentional redefining just what is being addressed...

hey... continue the propaganda you put into new clothes
i enjoy it... and am less concerned with the others that scarff up your slant

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

lets rationalize a little: 10 yrs ago when IBM was at $80 -(again)
your concept is short-term-trading & making a profit from the IBM $80-$130 increase...& making multiple trades over the course of daily-activity or weekly during the Quarter(s)

your quote:

"There is no bad example of buying things at a discount and selling at a premium. I don't see how this is the "wrong" view? So, lets say you bought at $80, you could have sold at the recent high of $130. That is only 75% or so gain? So is that wrong? I just dont get it?"

to my eyes, your eaither in with the 'clique' or are eating the scraps from the big-guys feeding frenzy that chops up the companies in the NYSE/AMEX
for their own advantage....

[edit on 10-7-2010 by St Udio]

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 07:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by St Udio

imho your masterful at making a topic opaque... obfuscating...misrepresenting items in the broad-scope by intentional redefining just what is being addressed...

hey... continue the propaganda you put into new clothes
i enjoy it... and am less concerned with the others that scarff up your slant

I don't understand exactly what you are saying?

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 07:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by LieBuster

Well yes and if we all did this we would all be billionhairs but the facts are advice costs money, brokers cost money and market makers want a cut and then you have to deal with the market being fixed.

"That is only 75%"

yeah i must be stupid when i settle for a mere 20% gain also

Be honest with yourself and ask yourself if the system is close to a full on meltdown because the national debt and CDS would sugest to me it is and i don't buy the theroy that CDS are a zero sum game and cancel each other out so we have nothing to be concerned with.

IMHO we are back in 1932 just now so don't go getting an haricut.

I don't disagree that 20% is a good gain either.. I didn't say that.

Advice? Do your own research, it is entirely free. That is if you discount your opportunity cost of doing something else. It might take years, but no one just steps in and makes money in the market unless you were active in the 90's.

These other costs, market makers etc. IBM is loaded on the bid/ask with plently of volume for someone to take 1000 shares out on a market order with something like a 3-5 cent spread. That is thanks to HFT, but not everything you have read about HFT really tells the whole story.

In fact, once you learn the role of a liquidity provider, it makes our new spread 3 cents, when in the early 90's even it would have been .12-.25 for 1000 shares most likely. Plus x amount more for execution.

For the long term investor, this is a great market to get in and out of positions with very little cost. I can provide many more examples if you need them.

Look at bonds right now and tell me you can't think the market is going lower, can you? I can't upload excel sheets, but go here and download all the data into excel then chart it. Compare it historically to the SP500. Let me know what you think. Historical Yields, Notes and Bonds

Also, I have said this in another thread, but look at the Fed Funds Rate. Look at historical FFR performance when we go under 2%. These are MAJOR buying opportunities that historically lay prelude to long extended bull markets.

CDS's are traded by institutions and major brokerages etc. only. Show me some long term CDS charts and then show me the correlation to the SP500. Then post on here and let me know what correlation we are talking about. Because I believe it not to be significant at all and I am also not sure in what length of time they have been traded.

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 10:06 AM
link   
reply to post by DangerDeath

Interesting, our troops are now at the mercy of Globalist to plunder conquered nations resources so "other" foreign nations can reap the goods.

Under the NWO that is what America mighty arm forces will be relegated too, still the conflict of interest is getting to the moral of the troops in Iraq and Afghanistan, the various mercenary for hired companies seems to be the ones in charge and our soldiers are just there to carry the guns and take the bullets.

Nothing but pay military for hired but rather than the individual soldiers getting the money, the government will, after all that is why China is our biggest debt buying.

And people in this nation still doesn't get it. . . and as long as they believe the lies of the ruling class they never will. . .

Just remember to wave the American flag on Independence day, because that is all we can do now a days. . .
and then believe, believe and dream.

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 12:48 PM
link   
A new report from Morgan Stanley analyst Emma Lawson confirms what many had suspected: the dollar is firmly on its way to losing its status as the reserve currency of the world.

Ooops...

Tighter banking rules will drain £1tn from financial system, study shows
Yay...more contraction of credit!

And I still can't see the June deficit... and we're already July 11...hopefully this week they will release it... if they do not... something stinks.

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 01:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

Re the tighter banking rules in the UK: did you see the comment below the article? -

the reason the £1trillion will vanish is because it doesn't exist. the current regulations allow banks to hide debts with financial slight-of-hand and magic up money out of nothing.

what the banks are saying is "£1trillion's worth of fraud, hidden debts and fake assets will be discovered"

regulate and tax the greedy so-and-so's

"Game's up boss — whaddu we gunna DO?"

Anything else in the mix? Couldn't have anything to do with the cosiness of operating with low liquidity knowing the tax-payer can always bail you out (if only to maintain those healthy bonuses) could it?

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 01:09 PM
link   
Some playa' hater just dropped some coin betting on GS destruction.

1,500 GS JAN 11 2.50 PUTS

While the total is only $4500 + commissions GS basically has to fail before January 11th to collect on this..

IMO better to throw it all on red and let it ride. Obviously this guy has more money than he knows what to do with.

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 01:13 PM
link   
Germany making plans so that when an euro-zone country goes bankrupt, the IMF takes over it.

But of course, since they ``don't want`` the countries to go bankrupt....

It amounts to a complete refinancing. According to the concept, “this will require restrictions on sovereign discretionary powers.” In other words, the government of the affected country would no longer be able to fully dispose of its own treasury.

Ain't that nice?

So basically, YOU ARE GOING TO SUBMIT EITHER TO THE EU OR TO THE IMF.

The globalists, such a pleasant bunch.

Hopefully the stinking euro dies before that happens.
Chance of Euro Death up 50%: Economist

Trillions in short term bills are to come due soon

The sovereign debt crisis would seem to create worry enough for European banks, but there is another gathering threat that has not garnered as much notice: the trillions of dollars in short-term borrowing that institutions around the world must repay or roll over in the next two years.

Ooops.

The Federal Housing Finance Agency on Monday said it had issued 64 subpoenas to unnamed firms in an effort to uncover misleading statements that Wall Street banks and others may have made when they bought and packaged risky mortgages into securities.

Trying to uncover crimes? What a surprise!

GBM, GS going to 2.5$ a share? I would LOVE to see that. It would be epic.

[edit on 12-7-2010 by Vitchilo]

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 01:17 PM
link   

So would that guy's return.

Can you imagine selling those puts and getting called by that guy? You would be totally wiped out. I am guessing it was an institution that sold him those.. but still.

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 02:26 PM
link   
Even Obama debt commission says the US is screwed financially... well duh!

Washington Post article.

The commission leaders said that, at present, federal revenue is fully consumed by three programs: Social Security, Medicare and Medicaid. "The rest of the federal government, including fighting two wars, homeland security, education, art, culture, you name it, veterans -- the whole rest of the discretionary budget is being financed by China and other countries," Simpson said.

"We can't grow our way out of this," Bowles said. "We could have decades of double-digit growth and not grow our way out of this enormous debt problem. We can't tax our way out. . . . The reality is we've got to do exactly what you all do every day as governors. We've got to cut spending or increase revenues or do some combination of that."

Duh duh duh duh duh duh.

Say goodbye to medicare, medicaid, social security and other things. Say hello to VAT tax, cap and trade tax, health care rationing, national sales tax, privatization of critical infrastructure and many other taxes and cuts.

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Quote from your 1st article 2 posts back:

Fearing a lasting burden on taxpayers, the German government is preparing a set of insolvency rules for countries in the euro zone. It would require private investors to bear some of the financial burden and force the affected countries to give up some sovereignty. The plan is guaranteed to meet with resistance...

...Finance Minister Wolfgang Schäuble, in complete agreement with Merkel, said: "We have to think about how, in an extreme situation, member states could become insolvent in an orderly fashion without threatening the euro zone as a whole..."

...The two politicians have taken on a formidable task. They sense that the future of the euro is anything but certain, despite the recently approved €750 billion ($945 billion) European rescue package...

...The effort is necessary, because important safety measures to protect the common currency are not working....

...If the plans are implemented, banks and investors will not be the only ones bearing the burden when countries in the euro zone encounter financial difficulties. The debt-ridden countries themselves will also have to make substantial sacrifices, and their governments will cede some of their power.

Source
This is as good as admitting defaults are in the offing.

There are clearly huge political issues at stake at the same time.

Regarding the inability of the US to fund its ongoing commitments (article in your last post) I wouldn't bet against the govt taking the least responsible course of action: printing yet more money, would you?

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Regarding the inability of the US to fund its ongoing commitments (article in your last post) I wouldn't bet against the govt taking the least responsible course of action: printing yet more money, would you?

Yeah... then I guess we'll see 3 trillion and up deficits then. The baby boomers are retiring and not enough people get in the system to pay for them.

The costs will just go up and up while the income goes down and service goes down.

What will the world tolerate? 150% of debt? 200% of debt? 400% of debt? Before they say enough is enough?

And for the euro zone ``Merkel plan`` BS... ONCE YOU DO NOT CONTROL YOUR BUDGET, YOU NO LONGER ARE A SOVEREIGN NATION.

That's what Merkel is advocating basically... we want to control your national budget so you don't default... The fourth reich is here.

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 03:30 PM
link   

You're not cheering us up, Vitchillo. Maybe we need some MSM Kool-Aid...

How will it all end? (How do the folks who max out all their credit cards end?..)

Major shenanigans involving a vast gold swap from who-knows-who:

Mysterious 380 tonne gold swap

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 08:24 PM
link   
Here's a funny story:

New York Man Claims 84% of Facebook, Gets Order Blocking Assets

www.bloomberg.com...

This guy apparently had some kind of contract entitling him to a massive majority of Facebook back in 2003, before it was a big deal.

Apparently the contract is real, because a Judge froze all of Facebooks assets pending an official hearing...

Why he waited 7 years to file this claim though.. how do you forget you own 84% of a mutli-billion dollar empire??

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 05:03 AM
link   
"Chinese rating agency strips Western nations of AAA status"

By Ambrose Evans-Pritchard, International Business Editor
Published: 9:17PM BST 12 Jul 2010, Telegraph.co.uk

Link to article

"China's leading credit rating agency has stripped America, Britain, Germany and France of their AAA ratings, accusing Anglo-Saxon competitors of ideological bias in favour of the West. "

"Dagong Global Credit Rating Co used its first foray into sovereign debt to paint a revolutionary picture of creditworthiness around the world, giving much greater weight to "wealth creating capacity" and foreign reserves than Fitch, Standard & Poor's, or Moody's.

The US falls to AA, while Britain and France slither down to AA-. Belgium, Spain, Italy are ranked at A- along with Malaysia.

Meanwhile, China rises to AA+ with Germany, the Netherlands and Canada, reflecting its €2.4 trillion (£2 trillion) reserves and a blistering growth rate of 8pc to 10pc a year.

Dominique Strauss-Kahn, chief of the International Monetary Fund, agreed on Monday that the rising East is a transforming global force. "Asia's time has come," he said.

The IMF expects Asia to grow by 7.7pc in 2010, vastly outpacing the eurozone at 1pc and the US at 3.3pc. Emerging nations hold 75pc of the world's $8.4 trillion (£5.6 trillion) of reserves. "

The journalist goes on to balance the story with a critical comparison between their ratings approach and more established western versions.

Nonetheless, I think it's interesting, especially when viewed against such recent reports/posts as those recently seen about stresses in the US/Chinese relations/military, and fresh analysis of the defence of the dollar as the default reserve currency...?

[edit on 13-7-2010 by curioustype]

top topics

<< 695  696  697    699  700  701 >>

join