It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The "up-to-the-minute Market Data" thread

page: 692
<< 689  690  691    693  694  695 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 09:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

So just like the US the government after bankrupting the nation are helping bankrupt the citizens passing the burden of the debt on them.

Still I wonder if in the UK they will fail to provide the citizens with job growth in order for the citizens to keep financing the private entities (the banks) and the government,

Here in the US the results of passing the burden of the debt into jobless Americans is starting to backfire, I wonder when the rich will become a target, as we know they are still well protected under Bushes administration tax laws.

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 09:21 AM
link   
my tech system is clobbering these down moves. funamentals say more on the way. today at 5 pm new york time, if no up side is seen, or at least in the hours after that...investors should contact me to get onboard my pure tech system. this is the second week in a row the carry trade is faltering...only the third time in a year! this system demolishes others in a continued downtrend, and the market indicator i use is looking exhausted....as in freefall.

[edit on 30-6-2010 by GBP/JPY]

[edit on 30-6-2010 by GBP/JPY]

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 10:19 AM
link   
More terroristic threats from congress to get what they want.

When the republicans were in control, it was the republicans making those threats to pass the bank bailout. Now it's the democrats in control so they are making the threats to pass their crap.

Let's all forget that the banks wrote the bill...

Dem Congressman: Dow Jones Will Plummet 1,000-2,000 if Financial Regulation Isn’t Passed

25 Signs That Almost Everyone Is Expecting An Economic Collapse In 2010

The following are 25 signs that almost everyone in the financial world is expecting an economic downturn during the second half of 2010….

#1) The Conference Board’s Consumer Confidence Index declined sharply to 52.9 in June. Most economists had expected that the figure for June would be somewhere around 62. To get an idea of how bad this is, the index was at 100 back during the baseline year of 1985.

#2) Major banks are being instructed to hoard cash in preparation for the next financial crisis.

#3) French bank Societe Generale is forecasting that gold could reach $1,430 an ounce in the third quarter of this year due to fears of a double-dip recession.

#4) Paul Krugman of the New York Times declared in a recent column that we are about to enter “the third depression”.

Ect... Well duh. Anyone following the news KNOWS this whole recovery thingee has been a scam from the start and it was just a matter of time before it failed again.

Well everyone excepts GBM
I'm kidding buddy.

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 11:34 AM
link   
another meaningless market rebound today

The medie sure always finds a story to back up the rebound.

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 11:50 AM
link   
reply to post by GBP/JPY

I am thinking GBP JPY breaks 120.00 and is guaranteed to hit at least 100.00. What do you think?

I also think USD JPY is still going to low 80's as well and I would continually be selling all JPY rallies.

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 02:36 PM
link   
2:35 pm Texas time: S&P at 1036...gulp.

Will they prop it back up at the bell or after like yesterday?

HUGS to Biccy and all others who suffer me so well.

[edit on 30-6-2010 by irishchic]

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 03:03 PM
link   
reply to post by irishchic

I'm selling all gold at S&P1000 and buying 1 Long SP500 call @ 1050. S&P still needs to shake out all weak long positions still.

Still in AAPL this whole time? BTW, long time no

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 03:15 PM
link   
You're getting better my Dear!

Still have some of my favorite "stock/tech I love to hate" but dumped a lot before the beginning of the week although my ipad ROCKS!
I just can't find a reason not to own it

I'm around...have been laying low...some odd ducks on ATS lately,not this thread but some others.Trying to get smarter/faster these days...

Still fun to visit here and there!

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 07:45 PM
link   
Spain’s Aaa Rating on Review for Downgrade at Moody’s

Spain’s Aaa classification may be lowered as much as two grades, Moody’s analysts including Senior Vice President Kristin Lindow in New York said today in a statement. The review will be concluded within a three-month period, the ratings company said.

No big surprise that Spain is cooked.

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 09:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

watch the market dives when that happens.. oh boy...

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 10:29 PM
link   
on that GBP/JPY target...the elliott wave analysts have 79.xx....
...i suppose this fall...
right now at 1130pm new york time my system is up 6.3 % in two days and two hours!

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 12:24 AM
link   

The US House of Representatives has approved a landmark bill designed to overhaul the US financial system.

The bill will now go to the Senate, although that vote has been delayed until mid-July, ending President Barack Obama's hope of signing the bill into law by the end of the week.

The Senate vote is expected to be close, however.

Mr Obama made a commitment to overhaul the banking sector following the 2008 financial crisis.

He welcomed the bill's passage in the House, by 237 votes to 192.

"It will make our financial system more transparent, so that complex transactions that escaped scrutiny in the past will now be done in the light of day," he said in a statement.

The legislation creates a new federal agency designed to oversee consumer lending and outlines new regulations for complex financial instruments.

"Never again should Wall Street greed bring such suffering to our country," said House Majority Leader Steny Hoyer, following the vote.

US financial reform passed by House of Representatives

Having read previous comments on this bill I have to ask: Is there any real substance to the bill?

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 12:33 AM
link   
reply to post by pause4thought

"It will make our financial system more transparent, so that complex transactions that escaped scrutiny in the past will now be done in the light of day," he said in a statement.

The legislation creates a new federal agency designed to oversee consumer lending and outlines new regulations for complex financial instruments.

"Never again should Wall Street greed bring such suffering to our country," said House Majority Leader Steny Hoyer, following the vote.

Yeah and I have a real deal for you on some swamp land on the gulf coast...Sigh! These lying SOS are just engineering themselves more of our wealth and property.

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 07:12 AM
link   
Whats this with Gore sex?

Gore sex!

The massage therapist alleges that Mr Gore made unwanted sexual advances during a massage appointment on 24 October 2006 at the Hotel Lucia.

news.bbc.co.uk...

Unwanted...?

More Big Brother Show, as we wait another fortnight to pass the bill...

More mockery of democracy...

More sex?

(Etymologically: Gore=More)

Think about timing (that's evidence, no?)...

The case was reopened in January 2009, when detectives interviewed the woman, but they determined there was insufficient evidence to support her claims.

Sorry, not off topic.

She said Mr Gore, 62, who was awarded the Nobel peace prize in 2007, had become enraged when she refused his advances.

Just funny

After the alleged incident, the woman said she was dissuaded from contacting the police by friends of hers.

One friend "was basically asking me to just suck it up, otherwise the world's going to be destroyed from global warming", she said.

Good morning. We are now back into the red

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 07:33 AM
link   

Well like I said before in the last pages in this thread, at a tune off 50 billion dollars from Wall Street you pretty much can tell who wrote the bill and who is going to benefit.

Soooooo, the markets will do better today . . .

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 07:35 AM
link   
reply to post by DangerDeath

So the Manchurian candidate went wild for the first time in his miserable controlled life.

Only shows that we are all just humans

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 08:24 AM
link   
And the fiscal year starts for US states....

California got a massive deficit and no budget

California begins its fiscal year today with no budget in place and with lawmakers and the governor far from agreement on a spending plan to dissolve the state's $19 billion deficit.

The lack of a budget costs the state $52 million a day, according to the Department of Finance, and if an agreement is not reached by the end of July, the state's financial situation would worsen. The state would probably have to issue IOUs, halt infrastructure projects and slash state worker pay...

And guess where most of those that will be evacuated from the gulf coast will go? California.

I see a state bailout in the future!
Once it starts, it'll be free for all.

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 08:39 AM
link   

Well considering that there are several agencies that monitor the banks.. and there was already at least 4 agencies that were SUPPOSED to be monitoring lending practices and complex investment instruments.. The largest being the FDIC, SEC, and the FBI.

So no. This bill does nothing.. it beats around the bush quite a bit, expands the ever expanding bureaucracy.. and the biggest hint should be that the Banks support it. Obviously if it's something they support, it's flawed.

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 08:44 AM
link   
reply to post by DangerDeath

He didn't actually grope her.. He showed her first a slide show presentation of the various ways he may or may not grope her, to which she ran from the room in hysterics.

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 09:06 AM
link   
US dollar almost down 1 cent... to 85.17... still high.

Jobless Claims in US Increasing...

More Americans unexpectedly applied for jobless benefits last week, a sign the labor market recovery may be slowing.

Initial jobless claims increased by 13,000 to 472,000 in the week ended June 26, Labor Department figures showed today in Washington.

And if I remember, there's about 500.000 to 1.500.000 people that will be fired around mid July...the end of temporary jobs...I don't remember exactly...but it's gonna be interesting for sure.

[edit on 1-7-2010 by Vitchilo]

new topics

top topics

<< 689  690  691    693  694  695 >>

join