It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The "up-to-the-minute Market Data" thread

page: 691
<< 688  689  690    692  693  694 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 04:31 AM
link   
More big economic doom today.

Spanish Banks In Panic Mode Over Maturity Of ECB's €442 Billion Long-Term Refinancing Operation
Basically the ECB won't lend anymore money to the banks at 1% starting on July 1.

That means less credit for consumers... the economy going down the drain again.

We are almost three years into this mess and the markets can't still be on their own... they always need surplus money...and the money has ran out.

It's almost over...FINALLY it'll all come down.

All markets are down...even oil and gold are down.

US 3 months treasuries are up 14%...but 2 years down 4.4%...meaning people flee to safety in the US for now, but they've got no mid-term/long-term belief in the US system either.

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 07:38 AM
link   
More insane news.

Fannie-Freddie Bailout Could Cost Taxpayers $1 Trillion

If they say 1$ trillion, the reality might be in the TENS of trillions.

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 07:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

He, he, I did a thread on that one, yes, but the ones that are been pushed in this economy is not the filthy rich fat rats but the entrepreneurs the small business owners and the ones that were becoming the biggest job producers in service job, now the government took the position.

So actually those that are within the elites are feeding their coffers while those that were made into was once a booming economy are losing everything.

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 07:53 AM
link   

That is OK, they should do like Greece and start selling their historical monuments to foreign investors, in the case of Spain they can sell the many Castles they have.

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 07:55 AM
link   

I know, people have no clue that we have been feeding tax payer money to those two piece of crap entities without stopping and nobody cares, because our moron government have pensions and retirement accounts tie to them.

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 08:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vitchilo
More insane news.

Fannie-Freddie Bailout Could Cost Taxpayers $1 Trillion

If they say 1$ trillion, the reality might be in the TENS of trillions.

The numbers have become ridiculous! We have gone from talking about large finance in the 100’s of millions to talking in trillions in such a short space of time. I know with inflation the time for talking about big finance in the trillions was always going to come but geez look at how fast this has happened.

Perhaps its just me living in the good old days and remembering when amounts of money were in sensible realms but I look around these days at national deficits, bank bailouts, in fact all kind of bailouts etc and the numbers seem way out there.

The little guy on the street just can’t keep up with these numbers mentally, they have no basis in reality for the average guy earning in the £100’s a week. I have reached the point where I couldn’t care less about the system anymore and simply stand by idly watching it fibrillate, I think its just a matter of time now until it gives out altogether and the fanciful number circus crumbles into history, we can only hope it doesn’t take civilization with it when it does

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 09:07 AM
link   
And it's so bad in the UK that this is happening :

A "potential error" has forced the Office for National Statistics (ONS) to delay the publication of the latest GDP figures, due on Wednesday.

YEAH SURE IT'S AN ERROR.

More like how can we cover this up...

Economic confidence index for the US drops 10 points!

DIJA down 220 points in 40 minutes...

[edit on 29-6-2010 by Vitchilo]

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 09:21 AM
link   
Inflation is reality within the realm of the "market" (banking).

Nationwide, it is about - spending (citizens') reserves. Which is a very dangerous situation, you will find out very soon.

Ouch! - DOW is -2,34%

[edit on 29-6-2010 by DangerDeath]

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 09:23 AM
link   

If it drops another 10% that means we are under the figures by now.

Or perhaps finally China has surpassed US as the leader of manufacturing in the world.

They were after all just behind our arse by a few points.

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 10:54 AM
link   
And Barry is lying again...

Obama: Economy 'strengthening -- we're into recovery'

Yeah Barry sorry we don't believe your lies. DIAF now.

The next Great Crash is coming. Guaranteed.

Another economic doomsday article from the NYT.

It seems the MSM has been given the job to destroy the confidence in the economy again. Ain't that interesting... since Obama is in, it's RECOVERY RECOVERY... and now this 180 degree change of perspective suddenly?

This stinks.

[edit on 29-6-2010 by Vitchilo]

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 11:20 AM
link   

Well the truth be known, Housing markets is not recovering is now hitting the million dollar properties, the bailout did nothing for the nation and end up oversea, unemployment not getting any better.

I wonder how the statistics for welfare benefits and social programs are getting by this days.

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 09:52 PM
link   
Where is everybody? On the beach breathing all that lovely benzene or what?

A UN report released on Tuesday calls for abandoning the US dollar as the main global reserve currency to achieve greater stability in the world financial system.

The report said a new global reserve system should be created, which "must not be based on a single currency or even multiple national currencies." Instead, the report advocates using assistance from the International Monetary Fund to create a standardized international system for liquidity transfer.

Same old BS from the UN.

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 09:55 PM
link   

Is this the electronic one world currency that CTers have been talking about forever? I thought the dollar might still have a couple years yet.

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 08:10 AM
link   
There already is a thread about this:

Banks Financing Mexico Gangs Admitted in Wells Fargo Deal

www.bloomberg.com...

Just before sunset on April 10, 2006, a DC-9 jet landed at the international airport in the port city of Ciudad del Carmen, 500 miles east of Mexico City. As soldiers on the ground approached the plane, the crew tried to shoo them away, saying there was a dangerous oil leak. So the troops grew suspicious and searched the jet.

They found 128 black suitcases, packed with 5.7 tons of coc aine, valued at $100 million. The stash was supposed to have been delivered from Caracas to drug traffickers in Toluca, near Mexico City, Mexican prosecutors later found. Law enforcement officials also discovered something else.

The smugglers had bought the DC-9 with laundered funds they transferred through two of the biggest banks in the U.S.: Wachovia Corp. and Bank of America Corp., Bloomberg Markets magazine reports in its August 2010 issue.

What can I say? Bailout Coke-ies?

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 08:17 AM
link   
We knew this for a long time. Banks have been doing drug dealing for AGES.

They are still doing it with Colombia, Afghanistan, whoever can supply the goods.

It's a boatload of money, that's why they are doing it. And it keeps the ``drug war`` alive...

Of course they don't want making those legal.

That would hurt their private prisons businesses too.

This whole thing is disgusting. We knew about it for DECADES...but now we have more than those who participated in it, we have concrete document proof.

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 08:30 AM
link   
Don't fly DC-9!

It leaks oil!

I understand. There are banks which are not registered, and registered banks are their expositors. There is a parallel state which functions on handshake and bullet ethics. While, at the same time, the real state has developed a specific organ - Blind Eye. Now, they are letting us know this to prepare us for the introduction of a Grand Black Market, because they are taking over other, so far legal markets. Expect tons of Chinese junk on the streets, smuggled in, just like they smuggle drugs. This is about China's agreement to make its yuan floatsome, right?

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 08:36 AM
link   
And another news item from Obama...I meant Obama's state...

While California has been the poster boy for state budgetary woes, Illinois has moved into the top spot as the US state most likely to default on its debt. To avoid default more cuts are going to be necessary...

Oops!

Race to the bottom! They could do a TV show out of it... Which state is gonna go bankrupt the fastest! Which states will be worst to live in!

After all, this could make those who live in other states feel doubleplus good!

[edit on 30-6-2010 by Vitchilo]

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 08:44 AM
link   

Well that comes after our Goldman Sach golden boy in the Federal research gave a warning in the G20 about the rest of the global markets no using US anymore for their economic growth

Americas citizens the biggest consumers of the world, are going jobless and bankrupt so their spending spree is about to end or did it end yet?

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 08:46 AM
link   

My dear Illinois has been bankrupted is just that they been keeping it secret, but hell we all know how bad is for many of the big once thriving cities in the nation the only reason California is the one raising hell is because they claim that when they were more affluent they will give more in taxes to the Fed Gov than any other state in the nation

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 08:56 AM
link   
Yeah well 49 states have big deficits for their new fiscal year...and most municipalities too.

2011 is set to be the worst financial year so far...and it begins tomorrow.

Europe told the G8 summit it may consider spending public funds to inject capital into banks depending on the outcome of stress tests now under way in the region, Japan's Nikkei business daily reported on Tuesday

Nice. MORE BANK BAILOUTS.

new topics

top topics

<< 688  689  690    692  693  694 >>

join