It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The "up-to-the-minute Market Data" thread

page: 671
<< 668  669  670    672  673  674 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 02:18 PM
link   
DOW down -21.39
It's gona be a real kick in the teeth if it ends up closing down.
it'll certainly make monday interesting.

WTF was that huge surge at the end?

[edit on 21-5-2010 by SpaceMonkeys]

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 03:19 PM
link   
closing of option positions. Happens. Monday is gonna be down b/c investors freaked and pulled cash out of mutual funds. The big funds are going to re-balance their portfolio's. The rest of the month is gonna suck. Major volatility as fund families move assests around.

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 03:55 PM
link   
So TO THE MOON BABY uh?

BTW, I'm watching the documentary Waiting For Armageddon... it's about evangelists end times Christians nuts in the US... and it's scary as hell.

I knew evangelists were nuts... but that kind of nuts... well it's scary. And I think I puked a little with all this warmongering, hating of the jews but worshipping of Israel and total disgust for muslims... Sick.

John Hagee, Pat Robertson and all those pieces of filth.. I wonder why they are not in jail. They are sickos.

From the CFR

Imperial collapse may come much more suddenly than many historians imagine. A combination of fiscal deficits and military overstretch suggests that the United States may be the next empire on the precipice.

[edit on 21-5-2010 by Vitchilo]

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 04:28 PM
link   
reply to post by jacksmoke

I think we rally back to 10,500 then it gets interesting again..

IMO too oversold still and I think we rebound back to the 20/50 DAILY EMA territory before the next move is really known

On the bullish side we held the 200 day EMA again, that is the real battleground

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 05:03 PM
link   
reply to post by GreenBicMan

I think 10k is the threshold.. the market will do everything it can to remain above 10k .. it represent some sort of eco-spiritual representation that if we decline under 10k again, there won't be a bottom .. but as long as we are above, everything is according to plan.

Sometimes I think market "shows" like CNBC's mad money, or just economic pundits all together should be illegalized.. last week it's telling every American to pump money into the system, yesterday it was "Markets in Turmoil" in big scary red letters talking about "corrections" and so forth.. and today, we are back to "buy buy buy!" Actually I just want me own show.. it's the ultimate pump and dump scheme.

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by jacksmoke
closing of option positions. Happens. Monday is gonna be down b/c investors freaked and pulled cash out of mutual funds. The big funds are going to re-balance their portfolio's. The rest of the month is gonna suck. Major volatility as fund families move assests around.

Yo dude.... you just explained the mechanics of todays marginal 'rebound'

of course the volitility factor will be used as the whipping boy, but most everyone is actually setting the stage to EXIT the market (without causing a panic situation) ---& that covert action takes real finesse

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 05:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpaceMonkeys

WTF was that huge surge at the end?

the ever watching PPT (plunge protection team)
along with major fund managers exercising (behind the curtains) deals befor the markets copuld react immediately..... welcome to the farce

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 07:03 PM
link   
Yeah the PPT sure earns their salaries... anyone knows what that is BTW?

Something really interesting and kinda funny...

They only sell these at Chinese Wal-Marts

Stocks Freak Out Again: 130 Point Move In Dow In 15 Minutes On No Volume

Yeah what a surprise... NOT.

Time to cut those bastards :
Retiring in your 30s with a 100k$ pension

In Yonkers, more than 100 retired police officers and firefighters are collecting pensions greater than their pay when they were working. One of the youngest, Hugo Tassone, retired at 44 with a base pay of about $74,000 a year. His pension is now $101,333 a year.

Some will receive the big pensions for decades. Thirteen New York City police officers recently retired at age 40 with pensions above $100,000 a year; nine did so in their 30s.

[edit on 21-5-2010 by Vitchilo]

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 09:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

Uhg.. god.. Chinese people are so disgusting. A trough full of assorted and unknown body parts as people dig through it ..

And what the bloody hell do you do with a pigs face??

And did you notice the prices? .. My God, I need to take my savings and retire in China.. I figure I could do it, and live very well, by age 25 by the looks of those prices lol..

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 11:15 PM
link   
OH...and don't forget just about every Central Bank is intervening...

Look at Thursday night around 9:00-9:30 pm est...

Gold & CHF was totally sold to prop up the other sagging FX...

and the ~Talking Heads~ at CNBS speculated the RBA stepped in

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 12:06 AM
link   
reply to post by St Udio

There was nothing unusual about the move at the end of the day today. If you understand the mechanics about what has to happen during options expiration.

You can reference my post about 1-2 pages back calling to fade whichever way it was going around 2:00.

I am certainly no fortune teller and I'm not part of the PPT.

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 12:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Rockpuck

They did their job then, did they not?

Sex sells

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 07:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Rockpuck

You know that was told many months ago here that the 10K is the braking point and most be kept at all cost, I got it wrong I believe that the 10k was the marking point to raise interest.

But I see it means something else.

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 08:04 AM
link   
Senate Passes Historic Financial Bill

Thursday evening the Senate passed a far-reaching piece of legislation designed to curtail some of the most controversial Wall Street practices, some of which were blamed for setting the financial crisis in motion.

In a 59 to 39 vote, the upper chamber cleared one of the last remaining hurdles for a piece of legislation being dubbed the most sweeping financial reforms since the Great Depression.

Four Republicans - Sens. Chuck Grassley (IA), Scott Brown (MA), Susan Collins and Olympia Snowe, both of Maine - joined the majority of the Democratic caucus in pushing the bill one step closer to the finish line. Defections by Democrats Maria Cantwell (WA) and Russ Feingold (WI), who both said that the legislation did not go far enough, threw its fate in doubt Wednesday.

www.economyincrisis.org...

Guess who is going to be in charge of the Well being and protection of the American consumer? The federal Reserve a private entity that can no be audited

What a joke another crap to fall on the tax payers head

And they think we Americans wants this.

Are we under dictatorship now?

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 12:35 PM
link   
Yeah this is really disgusting Marg... and most people think that this bill is against the big banks! MWAHAHAHA Even my friend who's studying to have his PHD in economics/banking.

H.R 5353 The War is Making You Poor Act 2010

A good bill they probably won't pass...

Prosecutors investigating the collapse of AIG will not bring charges against key executive, sources tell NYTimes

What a surprise! NOT.

Now even Cramer thinks the market is rigged...

Frequently people say, "you never complain when the market's higher and you get this action". I want to make it clear to everyone that I thought the last 15 minutes up was outrageous and shows how broken everything is. Just ridiculous... And should be investigated.

So he's quitting his propaganda uh? Propaganda ain't working no more so he starts telling the truth?

I don't know if this was posted...
Obama pushing $23 billion teachers union bailout

What’s particularly galling about this is that a huge chunk of the stimulus is already devoted to education funding. In particular, the $53.6 billion State Fiscal Stabilization Fund, included $39.5 billion for local school districts to prevent teacher layoffs and program cuts. Further, it’s notortiously difficult to fire incompetent teachers, thanks to union strictures. Los Angeles Unified School District spent $3.5 million just to fire seven bad teachers out of over 33,000 on the payroll. And we’re supposed to prop them up?

[edit on 22-5-2010 by Vitchilo]

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 12:54 PM
link   
32 States Now Officially Bankrupt: $37.8 Billion Borrowed From Treasury To Fund Unemployment; CA, MI, NY Worst

Courtesy of Economic Policy Journal we now know that the majority of American states are currently insolvent, and that the US Treasury has been conducting a shadow bailout of at least 32 US states. Over 60% of Americans receiving state unemployment benefits are getting these directly from the US government, as 32 states have now borrowed $37.8 billion from Uncle Sam to fund unemployment insurance. The states in most dire condition, are, not unexpectedly, the unholy trifecta of California ($6.9 billion borrowed), Michigan ($3.9 billion), and New York ($3.2 billion). With this form of shadow bailout occurring, one can only wonder how many other shadow programs are currently in operation to fund states under the table with federal money.The full list of America's 32 insolvent states is below, sorted in order of bankruptedness.

1. California $6,900
2. Michigan 3,900
3. New York 3,200
4. Penn. 3,000

After zombie banks, here comes the zombie states!

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 01:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

Yes I posted that a few pages back, he is paying back all that money that the union workers invested in his campaign.

Still this will this bills is from California senator Myers I believe and is to benefit more the union workers in that state than any other

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by GreenBicMan
reply to post by St Udio

There was nothing unusual about the move at the end of the day today. If you understand the mechanics about what has to happen during options expiration.

You can reference my post about 1-2 pages back calling to fade whichever way it was going around 2:00.

I am certainly no fortune teller and I'm not part of the PPT.

No... your correct, you understand but are NOT a member of the PPT....
those people are 'insider connected' and perform to a daily agenda of market manipulations....

which is where you & others ~come in~
'they' set the discourse, and you traders react according to the strategies/profiles 'they' have already decided upon.

every-one that imagines they have a grasp/handle/ of outsmarting the market manipulators are [smart but naive] Players=extrodinare

hey, have a great day friend....

[edit on 22-5-2010 by St Udio]

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 06:56 PM
link   
Finally realizing the situation we're in uh?

City fears of 'Great Depression Mark II'

Leading City experts have started raising the prospect of "Great Depression II" amid worries that the European economic crisis could trigger a deeper bout of chaos.

Markets on both sides of the Atlantic dipped to fresh lows as fears surrounding the fate of the euro project transmuted into worries about the wider global economic system.

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 07:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vitchilo
Finally realizing the situation we're in uh?

City fears of 'Great Depression Mark II'

Leading City experts have started raising the prospect of "Great Depression II" amid worries that the European economic crisis could trigger a deeper bout of chaos.

Markets on both sides of the Atlantic dipped to fresh lows as fears surrounding the fate of the euro project transmuted into worries about the wider global economic system.

How can they be so stupid? They prompted economy by lending credits, but they seriously believed it should be returned for profit?
There couldn't be a more idiotic concept.
Of course it is going to hell.

new topics

top topics

<< 668  669  670    672  673  674 >>

join