It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The "up-to-the-minute Market Data" thread

page: 661
<< 658  659  660    662  663  664 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 04:51 PM
link   
reply to post by MrDarlingFace

As I said a fund is running my programs currently and I receive x%

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 04:55 PM
link   
So it's basically best of both worlds.

I am not on the line for a dime and I get paid when I win.

Although it isn't John Paulson money or anything haha, but one day there is a possibility I could command 1/100th of that god/allah/buddah/ghost of christmas past willing.

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by GreenBicMan

As I said a fund is running my programs currently and I receive x%

Ah very interesting. I didn't see your other post that answered this. How is it going so far? Have they been successful at utilizing it?

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 05:10 PM
link   

It has been on its historic pace

Equity Curve

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 05:28 PM
link   

reply to post by LieBuster

It's not a loaded game.

Although if one major player (central bank/gov) takes advantage it is your job as a market participant to recognize these things and also take advantage.

But your guessing and you're not going to win against those that know, it's how they profit and timing is everything.

Yes you might take a few bob from people that don't move as fast as you but given time they are forced out the game and your left playing the bankers/market makers and they will win.

You asked about the time needed to pay the debt off but does it make much difrence when interest is charged and productive capacity is going backwards ? Lets assume ten years and 4% IR's and see if we can convert the apples to oranges and remember in ten yearsw time a lot of the baby boomers will be looking for pensions.

You writing in c++ ?

me i'm a butcher and just chop strings up.

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 05:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Hx3_1963

Interesting.. I find the depreciation of the Euro concerning for the sake of American exports .. if anything could truly deal serious damage to our economy it will be the decline of our biggest importers (Europe) and the appreciation of our Dollar (exports)...

But not only that, it could cause China to be even more reserved with it's cash reserves.. Europe (not America) is China's biggest exporter.. technically speaking, the European Union is the largest economy in the World.. and seeing it battle to stay afloat should have everyone in the World very concerned... Europe crashing will be worse than the US crashing.

I didn't ever see the Euro crossing the $1.20 threshold .. now I'm not so sure. When it was created, it's original trade was what.. $1.18 or something like that?

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 06:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by LieBuster

reply to post by LieBuster

It's not a loaded game.

Although if one major player (central bank/gov) takes advantage it is your job as a market participant to recognize these things and also take advantage.

But your guessing and you're not going to win against those that know, it's how they profit and timing is everything.

Yes you might take a few bob from people that don't move as fast as you but given time they are forced out the game and your left playing the bankers/market makers and they will win.

You asked about the time needed to pay the debt off but does it make much difrence when interest is charged and productive capacity is going backwards ? Lets assume ten years and 4% IR's and see if we can convert the apples to oranges and remember in ten yearsw time a lot of the baby boomers will be looking for pensions.

You writing in c++ ?

me i'm a butcher and just chop strings up.

No, I don't code in C++, but VB/Excel. I need about 10x the normal adderral script to even sit down and look at that my friend haha. Talk about foreign languages.

Interesting you brought up results over time.

That is why you historically test your theories against all timeframes/reference points (ticks,volume,range charts,etc.).

Now, when you find your inefficiency you can capitalize on (known as edge) if you ever find it that is, you are set.

You would be amazed on how many market participants think they have an edge in the market. I would say less than realistically 10% do that call themselves "traders".

The rest is due to a random RSI or Stochastic that crosses over 50. Of course these things do work as well, but not in the business of handling money with > sample sizes over 1000 over many years. There are definitely ways though with large time frames to do this. But intraday - very difficult with a sample size > 3/day.

In reality if you want to really lay large numbers on the line either you are on the floor of the CME, apart of a private equity/prop. group/or you "know" someone, or like me and have devoted 3/4 of your natural life to studying these things. Yes, I have no life and I am most likely classified as a freak to most.

But there are a lot smarter people than I in this game. Think about the PhD's in atomic physics (like my dad) that totally own my punk ass when it comes to math and science and can apply this while they do calculations in their head.

That is not me. Nothing is easy for me, but I do have one thing and that is determination.

If you are a butcher than you are good at eyeballing weight perhaps? So you have a history of automatically over the years applying quantitative information within milliseconds and having an innate ability perhaps to recognize shapes or weights faster than others.

Apply that to a sine wave

Do you see anything here?

www.doctronics.co.uk...

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 06:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Rockpuck

We saw 86 cents in 2001 I believe

** We are going to parity most likely with the bottom me thinks at .92-.96 cents if it really gets ugly

[edit on 18-5-2010 by GreenBicMan]

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 06:33 PM
link   
OMG talk about dream setups in currencies right now..

This is classic support resistance zones right here

Total Trend Change and usually is never set up perfect like this

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 07:10 PM
link   
Some crazy action at Nikkei open...

EUR/JPY dropped down as far as 111.52 at open before a dead cat bounce...

www.livecharts.co.uk...
finviz.com...

[edit on 5/18/2010 by Hx3_1963]

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 07:17 PM
link   
yep gbp/jpy has more to go, i believe...
a little more, then carry trade then down.

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 07:26 PM
link   
Seoul Composite 1,615.75 8:05PM EDT Down 27.49 (1.67%)
Nikkei 225 10,089.76 8:05PM EDT Down 152.88 (1.49%)
All Ordinaries 4,476.40 8:04PM EDT Down 23.60 (0.52%)

FX in a temp holding pattern...

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 07:26 PM
link   
reply to post by GBP/JPY

I am hearing grumblings of people calling for the end as well

I already stuck my foot out on EUR AUD and after the first week of gains it made me look foolish.

Then I burnt my hand twice on GBP JPY

Now I will let you proclaim the time and then the third time must be the charm because I refuse to get billy-slapped by myself at least again in front of everyone

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 07:28 PM
link   

JPY has been the real winner, has it not?

Too bad they just can't win though because this is killing their economy. Even banking interventions don't phase it.

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 07:30 PM
link   
reply to post by GreenBicMan

Yep...

USD & JPY are screaming right now...the only 2 to gain and neither wants the crown!

DJIA Future down 66

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 07:30 PM
link   
I forgot to share with you guys..

If you enjoy futures pit trading stories / Rick Santelli etc you guys will like this

Enjoy

HERE IS VIDEOS

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 07:32 PM
link   

If DX just makes this last break we are going to see mid 90's

What a turnaround, huh?

Wonder how those pesky Saudi's are enjoying their oil denominated in EURO's muhahahaha

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 07:36 PM
link   

Turbans are flying I bet!

We got a record stash here and strong DXY...

They'll be pissing and moaning like China over EUR tomorrow...

DJIA Futures down 90

FX are on a crazy man tear!

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 07:55 PM
link   

news.bbc.co.uk...

Indeed the Euro was once much lower compared to the Dollar, it launched at roughly 1.17 /eur/usd but fell into the 80-90 range..

However that was a technicality.. because apparently (I didn't even know this) the Euro was not the "official" currency of Europe until Jan 1st 2002 .. before then it was a reserve currency (99-02) while "National" currencies (like French Franc, German Mark, Irish Pound etc) were the currencies still used in the actual cash economy.

Since becoming the official economic currency of the Union, it has always been above the 1.20 mark.

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 07:58 PM
link   
GreenBicMan

Sorry strings as in

Dim Name as string

or

private string Name

god i hate VBA and keep missing the SET but lets see if i can chop one in half

StrHalf =mid$(BigString,1,Len(BigString)/2)

Excell rocks as does Access if used right but so many people laugh and slag these two off and yet they are used so much in the city.

anyway back to memory leaks and the system crashing before you commited your transaction to the database that has no log and the machine has a virus anyway.

How should one protect ones self against another repeat of 1928 or 2008 because i don't see that the solution to debt is more debt so what says today is not much the same as 1932 except we have already tried the war option.

you can not create energy out of nothing and you can not create wealth from nothing so new wealth must be coming from the japs or someone if we are to recover so forget about the macro game, where is it all going to come from or is it just a transfure from the think to the smart and whats going to happen if some of the thick ever wake up because know one can fleece them for what they don't have.

new topics

top topics

<< 658  659  660    662  663  664 >>

join