It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The "up-to-the-minute Market Data" thread

page: 659
<< 656  657  658    660  661  662 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 12:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

Holy Hell

EURO DROPPING LIKE A ROCK WITH THIS NEWS

finviz.com...

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 01:07 PM
link   
Good for dollar

Second laugh

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 01:44 PM
link   

and yet they were cheering as if it was over

www.reuters.com...

Receding debt fears push European shares higher

LONDON, May 18 (Reuters) - European shares rose on Tuesday, snapping two consecutive days of falls as sovereign debt fears waned after Greece received funds from the European Union to repay its immediate debt. Banks featured among the best performers with Banco Santander (SAN.MC), BNP Paribas (BNPP.PA), UBS (UBSN.VX) and Societe Generale (SOGN.PA) up 2.1 percent to 6.1 percent. The pan-European FTSEurofirst 300 .FTEU3 index of top shares closed up 1.34 percent at 1,026.64 points, but was still down 1.8 percent for the year. Greece received a 14.5 billion euro ($18 billion) loan from the European Union on Tuesday to repay its immediate debt.

Greece received a 14.5 billion euro ($18 billion) loan from the European Union on Tuesday to repay its immediate debt.

my other sources tell me greece didn't receive any money

and

look at the euro zone crashing like a butter cake ship!

finviz.com...

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 01:58 PM
link   
The ~spit~ has hit the fan folks

Germany to ban naked shorting in a bunch of sovereign CDS's and other ~goodies~

Naked CDS Short Ban To Last Through March 31, 2011 And Other BaFin Amusement
www.zerohedge.com...

* ( NAW ) 05/18 02:31PM GERMANY'S BAFIN SAYS BAN TAKES EFFECT FROM MAY 19 TO MARCH 31, 2011 AND 'WILL BE CLOSELY MONITORED'

* ( NAW ) 05/18 02:32PM GERMANY'S BAFIN SAYS BAN ON SHORT-SELLING ALSO APPLIES TO SHARES OF 10 LEADING FINANCIAL INSTITUTIONS

* ( NAW ) 05/18 02:33PM GERMANY'S BAFIN SAYS STEP 'DUE TO EXTRAORDINARY VOLATILITY WITH GOVERNMENT BONDS IN EURO ZONE'

* ( NAW ) 05/18 02:35PM GERMANY'S BAFIN SAYS MASSIVE SHORT SELLING COULD HAVE LED TO EXCESSIVE PRICE MOVEMENTS

* ( NAW ) 05/18 02:36PM GERMANY'S BAFIN SAYS MASSIVE SHORT SELLING COULD HAVE ENDANGERED FINANCIAL SYSTEM STABILITY

* ( NAW ) 05/18 02:40PM GERMANY'S BAFIN SAYS SHORT SELLING OF SHARES BANNED AT AAREAL BANK AG, ALLIANZ SE, COMMERZBANK AG

* ( NAW ) 05/18 02:40PM GERMANY'S BAFIN SAYS SHORT SELLING OF SHARES BANNED AT DEUTSCHE BANK AG, DEUTSCHE BOERSE AG, DEUTSCHE POSTBANK AG

* ( NAW ) 05/18 02:41PM BAFIN SAYS SHORT SELLING OF SHARES ALSO BANNED AT GENERALI DEUTSCHLAND HOLDING AG, HANNOVER RUECKVERSICHERUNG AG

* ( NAW ) 05/18 02:42PM BAFIN SAYS SHORT SELLING OF SHARES ALSO BANNED AT MLP AG AND MUENCHENER RUECKVERSICHERUNGS-GESELLSCHAFT AG

EUR falls to a low of 1.22011...1.21898...1.2183...1.2160...

www.netdania.com...

Gold climbs toward 1227...

DJIA down 130+ ... 141+ ....

Blood in the streets I tell ya!

Watch out for falling bodies today!

WOOT!

[edit on 5/18/2010 by Hx3_1963]

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 02:24 PM
link   
noo its up again

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 02:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Agent_USA_Supporter

Greece loans are split in three years, so sad that the money is to repay debt and screw the citizens.

Corruption at its highest.

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 02:51 PM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

Screw all of them.

They enjoyed the welfare state they created for themselves.

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 03:01 PM
link   
reply to post by GreenBicMan

No the welfare state that the government create for them, just like the welfare state that US is creating with HCR and expanded Medicaid, wait when it hit you in the pocket starting in 2014.

If you are not in the top ten in the nation you will pay just like the rest of us tax payers.

Stocks Set for Gains

The outlook on Wall Street today seems to indicate gains for the American investment market. In some part investors are looking away from the ongoing woes in Europe and ahead to corporate earnings. This is a telltale sign of what is wrong with the gambling-finance industry in the United States. Sound economic indicators, like run-away debt, are overlooked for corporate earnings and retail data that give zero indication of economic well-being.

A perfect example of corporate earnings meeting consumerism is Wal-Mart. Wal-Mart is the largest company on earth, and it is also the largest retailer. According to Reuters, Wal-Mart posted quarterly results that beat forecasts and helped the company continue to profit through the ongoing American recession.

According to Bloomberg News, another thing pushing investment is an increase in American housing starts. New home construction rose to an annual rate of 672,000 in April, the highest rate since October 2008.

www.economyincrisis.org...

More and more I believe that the US rats created the economic crash to prop the dollar, short the Euro and to push corporate profits with luring investors into trusting America again.

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 03:09 PM
link   

GBM I basically put a trailing stop of 1 SPX pt. It is actually pretty rare for the markets to not move at LEAST 1 pt in your direction when the EMAs cross with a strong steep cross, especially at the beginning or end of the trading day. What you are describing sounds very interesting though, do you use ninja trader? What parameters do you use? Like which technical indicators, or volume, or price action?

[edit on 18-5-2010 by MrDarlingFace]

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 03:09 PM
link   

I must disagree my fine feathered friend.

Those peeps be enjoyin holidays while we be slavin.

But in all seriousness they really aren't any worse off than we are in reality IMO.

The sun will still rise and they will still live in a great Mediterranean environment.

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 03:10 PM
link   

hmmm...

I dont know

A strong dollar vs euro is DEFINITELY NOT GOOD FOR US BUSINESS

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 03:12 PM
link   

No for small businesses but for corporate profits.

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043

More and more I believe that the US rats created the economic crash to prop the dollar, short the Euro and to push corporate profits with luring investors into trusting America again.

Corporations don't like strong dollars. Well at least American ones don't. Bernanke doesn't want a strong dollar either. However if commodities increase even if the dollar increases then there will still be inflation not to mention medical costs, school costs, etc. keep going up which is INFLATION not DEFLATION.

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 03:16 PM
link   
Today was a discretionary traders dream in GBP AUD

Classic S/R in a 3 pivot setup

Too bad I only came out with net 7 pips haha

www.sierrachart.com...

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 03:17 PM
link   

GBM do you just trade for your job? Or is this just a side thing/hobby?

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Not good for corp. profits M-Squared

We rely on weak dollar for strong intl sales

We will see what happens

HP just came out with pretty good earnings but that was with a EUR USD at 1.3x and not 1.2 - 1.1x

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 03:18 PM
link   
reply to post by MrDarlingFace

No, Its for a FX fund overseas

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by GreenBicMan

No, Its for a FX fund overseas

Oh so that is your job? I also replied to your other post a little higher I don't know if you saw that or not.

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Yeah, they run my automated programs. -

OK, ill check it

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 03:39 PM
link   
i was just thinking range trades for gbp/jpy
till...thursday

new topics

<< 656  657  658    660  661  662 >>

join