It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The "up-to-the-minute Market Data" thread

page: 655
<< 652  653  654    656  657  658 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 10:35 PM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

I'll take that couple million if you want to load it into that computer for me

I wish I even had the straight digital version

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 10:37 PM
link   
reply to post by GBP/JPY

I probably should have stuck to mine as well before jumping in head first into your handle again.

Burned me now twice, nice thing this time each pip was only worth 10 cents haha. I'll be watching from the sidelines looking for 70's you say? That is a major buy-opp. I'll be looking for your guidance my son.

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 11:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by GreenBicMan
Gold breaking all time new high 1242+

Printed 1249+ on Friday, and again, the cash price closed above the near active month...arbitrageurs MIA. Bullish..and..a little unnerving at the same time.

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 11:27 PM
link   
reply to post by OBE1

Sorry would be a record closing high if closed at these levels

I'm in for too little to be nervous, rather find it more interesting the stronger dollar gets the stronger gold gets. Although it is "interesting" whether you have $100 on the line or $100,000. Just depends how deep your pockets are I guess beforehand.

* Unfortunately, I can easily touch the bottom of mine.

** IMO we can easily see 95 on DX if we break through these near term levels.. should be interesting if not anything else

[edit on 16-5-2010 by GreenBicMan]

[edit on 16-5-2010 by GreenBicMan]

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 11:44 PM
link   
I have invested my money into Hathor Exploration, HAT on the venture exchange TSX

I believe it is a fantastic buy and if anyone wants to get a little uranium exposure this is a good start.

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 11:53 PM
link   
reply to post by AaronTheSpeaker

how is that doing with strong us dollar?

my long time friend is in uranium lol, it is funny that you brought that up

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 12:02 AM
link   
reply to post by GreenBicMan

Uranium is going to explode soon enough. The demand out of China is growing insane, they are literally building 15 reactors as we speak and are planning many more.

Also, Canada just revived uranium sales to India, which was restricted after they tried to make a bomb in the 80's.

Also, the Federal government has lifted restrictions on foreigh ownership. Previous a froeign investor could only own 50% of a mine in Canada. Now they can own 100 percent.

The Roughrider zone in Saskatchewan is literally the best uranium find for a junior in the last 25 years. They are going to be releasing a 43-101 of about 30 million lbs of uranium in the 3rd quarter.

Check the website

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 12:14 AM
link   

That is interesting. You guys must research the same things/ideas etc.

He told me this was the year of uranium a few months ago haha.

I told him to load up on US DOLLARS. We will see who is more right in the end although it sounds like both are doing well as I have no real frame of reference into uranium other than your post and his words.

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 12:20 AM
link   
I wouldn't trade the us dollar simply because there isn't much money to make.

Sure you can make 10-15 percent over some time, but what if the dollar doesn't follow the old norms as we are headed into unchartered territory

Either way, if the dollar collapses, it will be bad for all investments.

You can make 20 % a week if you know what stocks to play. Ive flipped GNA several times it honestly goes up 15 percent in a couple days, then comes down.

I would stay away from gold right now too, as of May

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 12:24 AM
link   

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 12:26 AM
link   

Yeah, well I have been all about it since EUR 1.45 on the opposite side of the fall so I would have been in the red for a bit before the turnaround..

Not that I have even close to enough money to play DX Index Futures

Btw, you can make a killing in US Dollar Futures, you should check out DX if you have the margin.

** The rise in gold is just the beginning lol - gotta ride that mighty mo'

I don't care if it doesn't make sense but I don't feel bad about being tardy to the party

[edit on 17-5-2010 by GreenBicMan]

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 02:08 AM
link   

I'm in for too little to be nervous

Sorry, I wasn't clear GBM. I meant "unnerving" with respect to increasing disequilibrium in the Comex, and the repeated opportunities for profitable arbitrage....with no apparent takers. Whether this proves to be a short-term liquidity imbalance, or the precursor of a more serious supply issue remains to be seen I guess.

rather find it more interesting the stronger dollar gets the stronger gold gets.

In my opinion the positive Gold/Dollar correlation represents a currency busting vote of no confidence in Western central bank policies, while the dollar "strengthening" against it's competitors simply reminds that in the land of the blind...the one eyed man is king.

At least for the near-term.

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 06:36 AM
link   
Shangai stock market down 5.07%... Japan stock market down 2.17%...Russian stock market up 0.47%...Gold/silver down... US dollar up at 86... Taiwan down 2.23%...Australia down 3%...

Europe up...

DJIA futures down.

This is weird.

Soros and Volcker now say that it's worse than the Great Depression
So those two pieces of filth are talking against the economy, it seems that the ``bring in the suckers in the stock market`` period is officially over.

They will crash the markets during the summer while everybody is too busy acting cool on the beaches.

That or the Trilateral Comission will have their way, the ECB will start printing euros and Europe will have hyperinflation. They also want the price of oil to go to 7-8$/gallon in the US... so either they crash the US dollar, start a war against Iran or abuse the hell out of futures like they did last time... or they pass Cap and Trade in the US.

[edit on 17-5-2010 by Vitchilo]

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 06:42 AM
link   
I think gold is sort of in a bubble right now. Other commodities have been decreasing yet gold has been hitting new highs. But the problem with gold is it is fake just like fiat currencies in the sense that there is no use for it and only increases because people believe there is value in it. Longing food, water, oil makes more sense (maybe not exactly right now) because we will die without these things. Gold is just based on human belief. It only has value because humans believe it does, just as they believe the USD and EURO have value. The only excuse people can come up with is because it can't be printed. But a lot of things can't be printed and are finite yet aren't hitting all time highs.

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 06:57 AM
link   
With everything centered around Europe everyone is missing the other big story. China tightening. The Shanghai Composite dropped 5% last night and is at a year low now.

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 07:04 AM
link   
Well the Shangai real estate bubble is collapsing. And good.

The average house price in Shangai in January 2010 was around 70-80 times the average salary! Let's say the average salary is 50.000$/year. The average house was 3.5-4 million dollar...which is utterly insane.

Now a few weeks ago, the real estate price dropped by 10% IN A WEEK... now I don't know how it has fallen since then, but it's probably falling as we speak.

It's just another bubble bursting, nothing much.

And an interesting article from Germany, that exposes that a certain part of the german population sees France as the ``other side``... WW3 much?
Germans Fantasize About New Rich-Nation Currency Bloc That Doesn’t Even Include France

If Germany were to pull out of the euro and let France stuck with everything in euro, and the euro crashing, the french population would be raped... while Germany would be powerful... That would sure create massive tensions..

Euro hits four-year low on fears debt crisis will spread

The financial markets continued to pile pressure on Europe’s political leaders, sending the euro to $1.2234 at one stage – its lowest level since April 2006. The European single currency has fallen sharply against the dollar since the start of May, losing more than 7% of its value.

DUH! Parity and below here we come! Some analysts are saying that it will stabilize then it will go back up to 1.45$ vs US$...

It is early in the Asian morning session and the mood is decidedly like that in late September, early October of 2008, when every day felt like it could be liquidity’s last.
Indeed it could!

[edit on 17-5-2010 by Vitchilo]

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 07:13 AM
link   
It is amazing how on this site it was littered with how the USD was at its end and the euro and gold would replace it as a reserve currency and now everything is negative about the euro. That is how markets work I guess. I've seen it happen so often though and it still amazes me.

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 07:15 AM
link   
on TV thismorning , monday 17 May, the start of the 7:30 am segment
had Author, Nobel Prize winner Muhammed Yunus on for about 4 minutes,

his idea is to re-make Capitalism,
generally with the Micro-Loaning type
of business he pioneered in India and SE Asia countries,
business model has rejuvinated the societies over there.

H e went on to explain how some old-model purely
capitalistic corps. can exist ,
but they cannot be the only business model
in the nations landscape....

indeed, the too-big-to-fail banks/investment houses need revamped and be instructed
to provide start up capital, with micro-loans to a bevy of new, self sustaining
micro-loan originators.
And companies that reduce unemployment, whose 'profit' is the reduction of
entitlement$/ unemployment$/ food stamp expenditure$...
the book is'Social Business- how business can serve humanity

thanks,

[edit on 17-5-2010 by St Udio]

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 07:40 AM
link   
THE BIGGEST NEW TODAY

UK were hiding the real state of their economy in a closet, now that elections are over a news paper from the UK is telling that their financial debt and financial commitments is bigger than expected.

There goes the markets today.

I need to find the news article as this was said on CNBC this morning

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 07:46 AM
link   
Dear Tories, sorry we spent all the money: Labour's farewell letter exposed as coalition sets out £6billion in cuts

Labour's gross mismanagement of the economy was laid bare today after it was revealed a former minister left his successor a note that said 'there was no money left'.

In a stark message left in a Treasury desk, outgoing chief secretary to the Treasury Liam Byrne wrote simply: 'I'm afraid to tell you there's no money left.'
His pithy summary of the serious challenges facing the new power-sharing administration

This is just terrible.

www.dailymail.co.uk...

new topics

top topics

<< 652  653  654    656  657  658 >>

join