It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The "up-to-the-minute Market Data" thread

page: 654
<< 651  652  653    655  656  657 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 02:06 PM
link   
The only problem is that when everyone is really pessimistic like they are now, bad things usually don't happen. Like ever.

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrDarlingFace
The only problem is that when everyone is really pessimistic like they are now, bad things usually don't happen. Like ever.

The dow is totally fixed, and the ptb control the swings. As long as they have so much money and they do, they control the dow. Its a national security thing.

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 02:21 PM
link   
The benefits of crashing small banks.

Reduced Competition = Big Profits for Banks

Goldman is the only stand-alone investment bank in the United States. If you want one-on-one investment advice from someone who does nothing else, Goldman Sachs is your only choice. JPMorgan Chase, meanwhile, is the only “strong” and “healthy” bank in the U.S. If you want a safe place to store you money, and you don’t want the restrictions of a local or regional bank, JPMorgan Chase is the best option available.

Unfortunately, this is not a good thing for the American economy. Usually there is nothing wrong with banks making money, and there is no reason to begrudge them making money if they are actually making it through the business of banking.

But in America the banks aren’t banking. They aren’t lending. They never used the hundreds of billions of dollars in bailout money to help their customers. They hoarded the cash and used it on profitable investment gambles and speculation. If the banks were acting like banks, using their cash as a means of greasing the skids and driving the economy, this would be great for the economy.

www.economyincrisis.org...

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 02:26 PM
link   
nah, investing turns a profit once you turn the corner.....that's it....i have a purely technical system, it's the most!

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 03:00 PM
link   
And more news from beautiful Detroit... unemployment rate 50%!

Detroit's Unemployment Rate Is Nearly 50%, According to the Detroit News

Officially, Detroit's unemployment rate is just under 30 percent. But the city's mayor and local leaders are suggesting a far more disturbing figure -- the actual jobless rate, they say, is closer to 50 percent.

I think it's time for a road trip to Detroit... but since I'm not black and I can't bring a gun, I think I will pass
Detroit is America's Tijuana...

And of course Obama, which said he was going to help blacks, ain't doing squat about this... what a freaking surprise... and still the big majority of blacks supports him...what a shame.

BTW, I don't see them as blacks, I see them as AMERICANS. AND THEY NEED HELP.

12 places to go if the world goes to hell..
I know where I'll move and it ain't those places... it's closer to home...

And non-economic news... Dio is dead!
Dio was awesome!

[edit on 16-5-2010 by Vitchilo]

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 03:06 PM
link   
Well here is more to feed the unemployment, and then can somebody tells me what the jobs stimulus of the present administration has done?

U.S. Chamber Lobbying for Job-Killing Free Trade Deals

The Chamber is aiming for passage of Bush era free trade agreements with the nations of Columbia, Panama and South Korea. All three have been tied up in Congress since the president took office. And while he has publicly expressed support for the trade pacts, he and his administration have done little to secure their passage.

Using past trade agreements as a model, an Economic Policy Institute study projects that trade agreements with South Korea and Columbia would be very costly to the American economy. According to the study, the nation would lose 214,000 jobs by 2015, mostly well-paying manufacturing jobs. The trade deficit would rise by $16.8 billion, the study projects.

Another recent report by the U.S. Public Interest Research Group Education Fund found that the U.S. Treasury Department loses approximately $100 billion each and every year due to American businesses utilizing tax havens. A good portion of that money likely winds up in Panama, where 350,000 foreign subsidiaries are located in the country to take advantage of the nation’s lax tax laws.

www.economyincrisis.org...

Didn't the government was going after tax safe haven accounts?, I guess they forgot they did.

[edit on 16-5-2010 by marg6043]

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 03:20 PM
link   
The way I see it, we must hit rock bottom in 6 weeks.
There will have to be something extraordinary in the works to make this happen.

Remember the summer solstice is the exit, so somebody or something will have to be leaving. And there ain't much time left.

European soviets break up?

Obama quits and goes back to Kenya to start a Dairy Queen franchise?

Only the shadow knows.....

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 03:55 PM
link   
Just look at this propaganda!

Real estate's new problem: Not enough homes

GIVE ME A FREAKING BREAK.

You know why there's not enough homes? BECAUSE THE BANKS AREN'T SELLING THOSE THEY OWN. Why? Because they don't want to put entire streets with just empty homes for sales, that's bad business.

If the banks weren't such criminals, they would put all those on the market right now and prices would drop and people could afford homes! This ain't what they want! They want debt slaves!

[edit on 16-5-2010 by Vitchilo]

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 04:07 PM
link   
From May 7... but REALLY FUNNY.

Spain Scrapes Out of Recession

Spain has scraped out of recession after six quarters of economic shrinkage, becoming the last major world economy to return to growth after the global financial crisis, the central bank said on Friday.

Those people are NUTS.

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vitchilo

Spain has scraped out of recession after six quarters of economic shrinkage, becoming the last major world economy to return to growth after the global financial crisis, the central bank said on Friday.

Shrinkage? So that is why there was such a recession, all the countries stepped out of the pool.

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 04:37 PM
link   
Amazing how fixed it all is.

2nd line.

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by andy1033

2nd line.

Fixed by who? The banks? Hedge Funds? Is that why so many of them closed down or failed or needed to be bailed out due to all their losses?

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 06:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

Hilarious indeed, after the Moody warning about downgrade and seen what the nation of Greece is getting from their citizens they probably said "screw this" and lets lie like the big nations do.

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cabaret Voltaire
The way I see it, we must hit rock bottom in 6 weeks.
There will have to be something extraordinary in the works to make this happen.

Remember the summer solstice is the exit, so somebody or something will have to be leaving. And there ain't much time left.

European soviets break up?

Obama quits and goes back to Kenya to start a Dairy Queen franchise?

Only the shadow knows.....

All on War in the Middle East. With Nukes, Attacks on oil supply lines, american bases and ships. China coming in on the arab side and dumping all dollar assets, while letting the yuan appreciate and announcing a gold backing. Then they call for an international audit of all gold supposedly owned by all countries.

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 07:55 PM
link   
Nikkei is illin'. Down onehunnertforty-odd points after opening.

Our vibrations are getting nasty. But why? is there no communication? Have we deteriorated to the level of dumb beasts?

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 08:54 PM
link   
Some of the world’s biggest hedge funds have suffered significant losses this month after high levels of volatility across markets and the shortlived stock market plunge in New York combined to wipe billions from portfolios.

Losses in the first week of May alone erased all gains made so far this year for some managers, according to investors who spoke to the Financial Times.

Large losses in a single week are not unusual for hedge funds, which typically aim to outperform markets and cut volatility, but those this month have come as a stark reminder to many of the continuing uncertainty over the economic recovery.

London’s BlueTrend – the $10bn computer-driven fund run by BlueCrest Capital, one of the most successful managers to emerge from the financial crisis – dropped 7.57 per cent during the first week of May. Rival AHL, the $20bn monolith run by the Man Group, fell 3.3 per cent.

In the US, the Renaissance Institutional Equities Fund, another quantitative trader run by Long-Island-based Renaissance Technologies, fell 3.6 per cent.

Sharp losses were also taken by many large long-short equity managers, which both invest in stocks and look to take advantage of price falls by selling them short.

The $15bn Lansdowne Partners saw its European equities fund drop 6.02 per cent and its Global Financial fund fall 5.53 per cent. The $2.2bn Odey European fund, another prominent London-based manager, fell 8.68 per cent.

In the US, the $12bn Viking Global Investors saw its Global Equities fund lose 3.77 per cent, and in Asia the Templeton Emerging Markets fund – run by the eminent investor Mark Mobius – lost 6.42 per cent.

Uncertainty over the success of the European Union’s €750bn ($928bn) bail-out plan has added to volatility, exacerbated by a so-called “flash crash” in the US on May 6.

HERE

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 08:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrDarlingFace

Originally posted by andy1033

2nd line.

Fixed by who? The banks? Hedge Funds? Is that why so many of them closed down or failed or needed to be bailed out due to all their losses?

This is true.

There is nothing fixed about anything Andy. You need to do some real research into the market. Statements like this make you look very unintelligent and just another person that likes to post random uninformed opinions.

If that is your opinion, no worries, but it isn't true. Not trying to be mean. Maybe you could back this up with your own personal research into the matter. I would be interested if you could find anything that could factually back this up without linking to some blog or some garbage YouTube video.

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 09:32 PM
link   
1.2265 on EUR USD

Getting interesting already

finviz.com...

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 10:05 PM
link   
reply to post by GreenBicMan

Oh, my, my friend even my husband was talking to me about this today, he said that all the money that people think they have is not actually there but just numbers in a computer screen and in paper.

I told him, hon I knew about this for along time and I told you so.

See is not a conpiracist theorist as he works with numbers and programs and for him everything is backed by a number and that works for him .
even if is in a computer screen.

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 10:33 PM
link   
finviz.com...

Gold breaking all time new high 1242+

new topics

top topics

<< 651  652  653    655  656  657 >>

join