It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The "up-to-the-minute Market Data" thread

page: 640
<< 637  638  639    641  642  643 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 10:57 PM
link   
Are they now going 'gainst each others throats?
As predicted

There will be more air crashes...
Avoid flying!
Too much volcano cement in stratosphere...
Not safe...

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 11:01 PM
link   
reply to post by DangerDeath

Well..you can bet everyone will protect themselves at all costs...

...Sound familiar?

!931?

May 8, 2010
Friday, May 8, 1931: Dow 148.88 -0.85 (0.6%)
newsfrom1930.blogspot.com...

HELLO

[edit on 5/8/2010 by Hx3_1963]

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 11:45 PM
link   
Having worked for a large Australian Bank until June of 2009, My role was portfolio manager. It was a small portflio of $100m. I have watched this thread since it very first began. I left the bank and aqcuired a gold mine with a good resource. I can assure you , the filtering of information about the real situation is controlled from the the highest levels of the corporate world and by governement agencies and their advisors. The minds and analytical abilities on this thread, together with unbiased collation and presentation of available data is THE VERY BEST. The speculations are just.

In my opinion the banks will not go down. It is likely in the advent of total collapse the banks will join together. The stock market will adjust accordingly.

The banks are at least 12 months ahead of the game. i can't explain it because i do not know , but the internal staff briefs are way ahead of the media releases. I wonder where the advanced information comes from?

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 12:11 AM
link   
reply to post by guessing

...Good luck with that outlook...

China is raising reserves every month now...

The US...NOT...

~poof~

Sorry...

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 12:23 AM
link   
I'm reading the California tax report for April 2010... and it's BAD...REAL BAD.

Compared to predicted income : -26.4% (personal income -30%, corporate taxes -28.1% and sales taxes -16.1%)

MWHAHAHAHAHAHAHA California is SCREWED.

And those numbers compared to 2009 : +1.4% because of sales taxes +103.2%... guess what they raised it by 1% on average starting april 1 but some places they raised it +2.5%...so that's why it went up that much.

Everything else is down...corporate taxes -7.6% compared to april 2009... and personal income tax is -2.5%...

SO THINGS ARE STILL GOING DOWN THE DRAIN compared to april 2009... which was SUPPOSED TO BE THE BOTTOM OF THE RECESSION.

Ah it's gonna be good TV when the illegals burn down California when their check doesn't make it home.

[edit on 9-5-2010 by Vitchilo]

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 12:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

I habit a site that covers this well...

SCROOMED

dailyjobcuts.com...

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 02:41 AM
link   
Nice website Hx!

And on the back of the greek euro what's there? Moloch of course!

More obvious than that... well it's obvious.

[edit on 9-5-2010 by Vitchilo]

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 03:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

LOL.

ok now this is just getting weird.

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 12:03 PM
link   
reply to post by guessing

I think you're right in the sense that it is the plan of the World Bank to bring Order from Chaos and introduce their own reserve currency.

Most of the pain will be felt by america, which has the most to lose. She just doesn't play prominently into their plans. They've already looted her treasury, moved her manufacturing base and her basic freedoms under the Constitution don't fit into their power scheme.

In fact, it's those freedoms that will IMO lead to the break up of the current coalition of States. When 'austerity' or hyperinflation, 2 sides/same coin, come to america, it will be very different than it is in Greece.

Having the Reserve Currency is a huge responsibility, which if not done properly can come back and destroy you. Consider that there is already more than enough dollars around the world to create instant hyperinflation in america if they were suddenly shunned. Like it or not, China has accumulated enough of them to start this process all by themselves.

Unfortunately, most everyone is incapable of seeing geopolitics and economics on the same page. They seem to think that they are mutually exclusive. Which, if one looks at history, they definitely are not. That's why the attack on Iran will be a major catalyst to the chaos from which they will bring 'order'.

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 12:51 PM
link   
Seems that Merkel lost regional elections...

German Chancellor Angela Merkel's party and its coalition allies have been defeated in regional elections in North Rhine-Westphalia, exit polls suggest.

If confirmed, this could see Mrs Merkel's national coalition lose its majority in the upper house of parliament, the Bundesrat.

The campaign has been overshadowed by the government's decision to contribute to a huge rescue package for Greece.

Meanwhile many cities in NRW are on the brink of bankruptcy.

news.bbc.co.uk...

Cities in NRW, are industrial cities.

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 03:27 PM
link   
Last night I dreamed about taking a used CD from the '80s to a store and selling it to the guy behind the counter for $62. It was one of these ''how much do you want? do you want cash or store credit?'' things. I told him he had to give me at least $60 for it and he said alright how about 62. He took a pen and wrote $62.00 on the front of the CD case.

I think the market might be going down to 6200. That would be nice. Or the dream might mean something else. There. I've got it all covered. The stock market is either going to 6200 or not going to 6200. I could get a job on CNBC.

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 03:55 PM
link   
Euro looks like it's opening higher around 1.29+ from the close on friday of 1.2750

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 04:01 PM
link   
reply to post by worldwatcher

I'm not sure how long it hold up after seeing this statement though...

Britain rejects Eurozone bailout fund
www.abc.net.au...

European Union finance ministers meeting to consider ways to prevent the Greek debt crisis from spreading across Europe have hit a roadblock, with Britain announcing they will refuse to underwrite a bailout fund worth some $60 billion.

EU leaders are worried that financial markets will continue to lack confidence in countries with high deficits.

Officials and diplomats in Brussels hope that a stabilisation mechanism will calm the international markets' fears about default in Europe.

But the loan guarantees are too much for the UK to swallow, and the UK Treasury will have nothing to do with them. Without the UK onboard the package looks pretty thin.

Political acceptance from European countries is critical, but British officials say that the stabilisation mechanism is something old, that is already been used to help Hungary, Latvia and Romania , and something new - a set of potentially huge loan guarantees.

EU Pulls Out Nuclear Option: Proposed 500 Billion Euro Bail Out Package Is Largest In History
www.zerohedge.com...

Economic and Financial Affairs Council
video.consilium.europa.eu...

[edit on 5/9/2010 by Hx3_1963]

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 04:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Hx3_1963

The list of countries most at risk of soverign debt defaults:

Greece
Portugal
Italy
Spain
Great Britain
Ireland

.....Why would you ask any of those countries to bailout another one of those countries. Hey, UK, you're broke and about to experience the same disaster but uh ..... could you give 60 billion to Greece by chance?

It'd be like in the States asking California to loan New York money. Doesn't make fiscal, or logical, sense.

More and more the world markets are becoming discombobulated and entangled due to governments trying to "shift" funds, turning the entire ponzi scheme upside down.

And make no mistake, it IS a Ponzi Scheme .. Mr. Ponzi would say so himself. Sell debt to pay debt while saying you increase you're wealth at the same time is ....... the essentials to a ponzi scheme: Pay people their profits off new comers funds.

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 04:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Rockpuck

I couldn't agree more...how can one broke nation bail out another...

Europe prepares nuclear response to save monetary union
www.telegraph.co.uk...

Are Europe's leaders grasping the nettle at last? Faced with the imminent disintegration of monetary union, they appear poised to create the beginnings of an EU debt union and authorize the European Central Bank to step in immediately to stabilize the eurozone bond markets.

"It is an absolute general mobilization: we have decided to give the eurozone a veritable economic government," said French president Nicolas Sarkozy, once again basking as Europe's action man. "Today we have an attack on the whole of the eurozone. This is a systemic crisis: the response must be systemic. When the markets open on Monday morning we will be ready to defend the euro."

Great caution is in order. German Chancellor Angela Merkel has so far said little. The descriptions of the deal agreed by EU leaders in the early hours of Saturday are coming from the French bloc and EU bureaucrats. How many times during the Greek saga of the last four months have we heard claims from Brussels that turned out to be a distortion of what Germany had actually agreed, causing each relief rally to falter within days? They had better get it right this time.

But if the early reports are near true, the accord profoundly alters the character of the European Union. The walls of fiscal and economic sovereignty are being breached. The creation of an EU rescue mechanism with powers to issue bonds with Europe's AAA rating to help eurozone states in trouble -- apparently €60bn, with a separate facility that may be able to lever up to €600bn -- is to go far beyond the Lisbon Treaty. This new agency is an EU Treasury in all but name, managing an EU fiscal union where liabilities become shared. A European state is being created before our eyes.

Don't Try This At Home Kids - EUR Traders Holding On For Dear Life As FX Vol At Never Before Seen Levels
www.zerohedge.com...

IMF board approves nearly $40 billion Greece loan
news.yahoo.com...

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 04:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Hx3_1963

Time for all the home-gamers to get burnt.

Im looking for massive volatility in EUR USD

Too many have made easy money, time to give it all back to the coffers of JP and Friends.

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 04:39 PM
link   
I can't remember if this was covered earlier...

Americans Have Been Bailing Out Foreign Banks for Years ... And We're Getting Ready To Do It Again
www.zerohedge.com...

As the Wall Street Journal points out, the Federal Reserve might open up its "swap lines" again to bail out the Europeans:

The Fed is considering whether to reopen a lending program put in place during the financial crisis in which it shipped dollars overseas through foreign central banks like the European Central Bank, Swiss National Bank and Bank of England. The central banks, in turn, lent the dollars out to banks in their home countries in need of dollar funding. It was aimed at preventing further financial contagion.

The Fed has felt that it is premature to reopen this program — which was shut down in February as the financial crisis appeared to wane — because it wasn’t clear that foreign banks were in need of dollar funds. Still, trading floors on Wall Street are abuzz with anticipation today that the Fed might use the program again as Europe’s problems take on a more global dimension.

The international lending lines are known among central bankers as swaps.

Fed officials believe the swap program was one of its most successful interventions aimed at stemming a global crisis, when many banks overseas became strained for dollar funding. In their normal course of business, they borrowed dollars in short-term lending markets and used those dollars to finance holdings of long-term U.S. dollar assets, like Treasury or mortgage bonds. When those markets dried up, the swap lines helped to prevent overseas bank funding crises in 2008.

Fed officials see the swaps as a low-risk program, because its counterparties in these loans are foreign central banks, and not private banks. At a crescendo in the crisis in December 2008, the Fed had shipped $583 billion overseas in the form of these swaps.

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hx3_1963
I can't remember if this was covered earlier...

Americans Have Been Bailing Out Foreign Banks for Years ... And We're Getting Ready To Do It Again
www.zerohedge.com...

As the Wall Street Journal points out, the Federal Reserve might open up its "swap lines" again to bail out the Europeans:

does it mean that EU owe US ; US owe China ==> EU owe China ?

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 04:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Terviseks

I guess you could say something like that...everybody owes everybody

EU seeks 600-billion-euro crisis package-EU sources
www.reuters.com...

BRUSSELS, May 9 (Reuters) - European Union finance ministers are trying to reach agreement on a compromise 600-billion-euro ($805 billion) mechanism to prevent Greece's debt crisis causing turmoil in other euro zone states, EU sources said on Sunday.

They said no deal had been reached but the compromise being discussed included loan guarantees by euro zone countries worth 440 billion euros, a stabilisation fund worth 60 billion euros and a 100 billion euro top-up of International Monetary Fund loans.

EU Economic and Financial Affairs Council meeting is now reporting start time is unknown

Fist Fights breaking out now?

IMF Said to Consider Adding Funds to EU Emergency Loan Facility
bloomberg.com

May 9 (Bloomberg) -- The International Monetary Fund may add money to a 500 billion-euro emergency loan facility agreed to by European finance ministers, said EU government officials.

The officials spoke on condition of anonymity.

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 05:48 PM
link   
As Rockpuck was saying, countries that are in as bad or worse shape can't bail out these countries. Who is the IMF? US, Japan, etc. As to swap lines, expect the 'fed' to be REopening a lot of money printing facilities it claimed were closed.

new topics

top topics

<< 637  638  639    641  642  643 >>

join