It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The "up-to-the-minute Market Data" thread

page: 626
<< 623  624  625    627  628  629 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 01:47 PM
link   
holy # this is freefall

900 almost

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 01:49 PM
link   
reply to post by GreenBicMan

My words exactly, what happened today? No recent news that would cause it, was there?

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 01:50 PM
link   
bouncing!

holy crap, knew it was coming, but still surprising!!

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by DrugTheChildren
reply to post by TheCoffinman

holy #! I'm watching CNBC and just watched the DOW hit drop another 400 points in less than 10 minutes. DOW is at -800! This is insane.

When do they shut it down???

They shut at a certain percentage drop.

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 01:55 PM
link   
major bounce back happening now around 500!

machine breakdown??

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 01:56 PM
link   
it was down -999 points and then it turned around and now its down "only" 490 thats insane!! athens is erupting, the UK election just ended... wtf is goin on

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Haha I woke up into bizzaro world today... so who can explain what just happened? Computer/software glitch?

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 02:03 PM
link   
I don't buy the machine breakdown, somebody with power put out a net and stopped a free fall and some people were able to make a whole lot of money, while quite a bit more of them got knocked about. The next hour is going to be quite interesting...

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by worldwatcher
bouncing!

holy crap, knew it was coming, but still surprising!!

The bounce is with out a doubt some covering by the Government.. it's not a conspiracy anymore, the treasury admitted in 07 that they will never allow the index (3 major) to drop so significantly that it would incite a panic...

My bet is some of the bigger players are going on vacation for a while and running with their cash... since the Greek problems, the markets have looked more and more volatile...

But this is very surprising, I mean this fall today was more than the total point loss after the first bail out failed.. crazy .. almost 1000 point drop before it bounced back.

I didn't even check it when I woke up (west coast time) .. I was reading about the riots and fire bombings of banks in Greece.

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 02:04 PM
link   
I watched the Nasdaq plunge to -8.75%.

UK on the brink of a hung parliament.

Bernanke Warns Against Move to Audit Fed (Wall Street Journal).

With U.S. senators moving toward a possible vote later in the day on an amendment to the financial regulatory bill that would significantly increase congressional oversight of the Fed, Mr. Bernanke warned of the consequences in a letter to Senate Banking Committee Chairman Christopher Dodd (D., Conn.).

"Such amendments, if enacted, would seriously threaten monetary policy independence, increase inflation fears and market interest rates, and damage economic stability and job creation," Mr. Bernanke wrote.

Damage economic stability? What economic stability? Jobs? What jobs?
Monetary policy independence? A private bank in charge of the US dollar printing presses should never have been granted any independence from Congressional oversight.

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 02:05 PM
link   
I would bet a fistfull of .22 ammo that the auto-brake features kicked in when it dropped 500 points in mere minutes. Tomorrow will be a very interesting day for sure, especially with the talking heads trying to play off that the first signs of rot are showing through the bandages.

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 02:07 PM
link   
Holy Cow people!

DJIA

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/421f11a6e6a5.png[/atsimg]

9887.54 -980.58 (-9.02%)

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Source

The chart may be fractionally behind the comments here, but it needs to be seen to be believed.

Can anyone say 'Plunge Protection Team'?

[edit on 6/5/10 by pause4thought]

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 02:08 PM
link   
reply to post by worldwatcher

I couldn't agree more with you ! I would love to have the same interuptor in my place when some things are wrong !

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 02:09 PM
link   
reply to post by TheCoffinman

Actually UK election has not yet ended, ends 22.00hrs this evening, so just under two hours of voting left...

Perhaps someone realised the incumbent UK government could genuinely lose and so another party will discover what's really in the books/intelligence notes?

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 02:10 PM
link   
reply to post by worldwatcher

I'm betting all those people that just poured whats left of their life savings back into the market because the likes of Cramer from CNBC told them all was just peachy are pissing themselves.

But I'm tryin to find some sort of news that would incite a run toward the exits.. Bloomberg is being so slow right now though, but on their main page they don't even mention the freefall, and don't even give any of their typical excuses.

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 02:11 PM
link   
Damn

Shortie got paid

Big Ben stepped in and just bounced the DJIA up 700 points over 30 minutes

I just got slaughtered in FX

JPY just dropped almost 4+ dollars on USD.. wow

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 02:12 PM
link   
Plunge Protection Team to the Rescue oh sorry I mean the WH Open Market Commission.

Everything's fine. Immigration. Think Immigration.

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 02:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Rockpuck

I'm tryin to find some sort of news that would incite a run toward the exits..

I can't agree with others it has anything to do with the UK election. A hung parliament has been expected for a good 2 weeks & the polls are still open.

Has anyone checked SETI for announcements?..

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 02:14 PM
link   
reply to post by wylee

So obvious anymore, it's not even funny. What the hell do they expect to gain by keeping the equities market in Zombie mode for so long? .. Eventually it will have to play it's self out, otherwise our recession will never end.

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 02:14 PM
link   
not just stocks falling...
Oil is down -4.29
that's just over ten dollars in the last three days...
Good news for us drivers anyway...

[edit on 6-5-2010 by DaddyBare]

top topics

<< 623  624  625    627  628  629 >>

join