It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The "up-to-the-minute Market Data" thread

page: 621
<< 618  619  620    622  623  624 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 03:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cabaret Voltaire
reply to post by TheCoffinman

Bunch of stupid pot heads.

How is it possible for them to have the largest court system and not write enough tickets to make money?

Is everything legal in California now? They should start outlawing something and make some money.

Like Arizona, CA will outlaw illegal immigrants.
Next step, strong reaction opposing that.
Next step, New Amendment to Constitution - Arnold qualifies for president of America... (Obama never did, so what?)

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 03:23 AM
link   

US President Barack Obama has added his concerns over possible contagion.

news.bbc.co.uk...

Vaccination?

But concerns remain over how much money Germany will pledge as Europe's biggest economy, and what conditions it will attach to the funds.

Condition red?

It's all about leveling Germany...

Investor confidence took yet another knock on Wednesday when rating agency Standard & Poor's downgraded Spain's debt - reflecting a loss of confidence in another eurozone country.

Who's gonna save Spain?

Germany?

Maybe they should sell their Pyrenees?

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 08:19 AM
link   
The GS saga of dirty corruption and obscene practices, I say all those people that were directly hit by GS obscene practices and lost their lives savings, their homes and them retirements should all sue their for every dirty penny they have.

Committee Chairman Carl Levin (D-MI), however, said that the hearing was not about criminal charges but instead about unethical business practices that not only allowed Goldman Sachs to make millions but also caused millions of Americans to lose their homes, portions of their retirement savings and their jobs.

"The SEC and the courts will resolve the legal question of whether Goldman's actions broke the law. The question for us is one of ethics and policy," said Levin (D-Mich.). "Were Goldman's actions in 2007 appropriate? And if not, should we act to bar similar actions in the future?"

Goldman’s witnesses, for their part, evaded questions, rambled on with long-winded non-answers to kill time, asked questions repeated over and over again, killed precious time by searching through a giant binder in front of them for information the committee was referring to, and generally frustrated members of both parties. The stalling tactics were part of concerted strategy to minimize the company’s damage from the hearing, according to The Washington Post.

www.economyincrisis.org...

While the whole thing was nothing but a pony show, I hope the law sues shake this dirty rats to their bones.

[edit on 29-4-2010 by marg6043]

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 09:23 AM
link   
market-ticker.denninger.net...

Just reported: Greece will not cut public salaries or there wll be civil war.

There's the gauntlet folks. It means that no "assistance" can actually succeed, because it is not possible to get the fiscal situation under control without significant cuts in public spending.

This, incidentally, is the same problem we have in the US, and why attempts to deal with our fiscal situation at both state and federal levels is going to end up in the same place eventually. The majority of our budget is comprised of handouts of one form or another, whether they be Social Security, Medicare, or public-sector salaries.

The "unified opposition" by public-sector employee unions (just look at what Florida teachers ran when their pension handouts and tenure were threatened) says everything you need to know.

Greece has to be cut loose. The best way to do it is for Germany to walk away from the Euro and return to the Mark for its currency, leaving the rest of Europe to twist in the wind.

I see no other solution. Threats of civil war, which are effectively what the public sector unions here in the US have also threatened repeatedly since 2008 (and to which we have responded by refusing to cut their salaries and benefits) mean that we have the irresistible force meeting the immovable object.

All such governments who refuse to take on these bullies and meet that threat with immediate charges of inciting overthrow of the government by force (in the US this charge is known as seditious conspiracy) will fail.

We have refused to make clear that such threats will result in charges of this sort - and so have other nations such as Greece. Yet unless this is made crystal clear and this sort of approach by these unions is put down immediately all nations beset by this sort of action will fail both politically and economically.

Simply put the artificial support proffered to the financial sector should have never been put forward, but having done so, the public must now bear the cost, here, today, and immediately.

Those are the only choices folks. Greece, and indeed the entire European Union, will ultimately disintegrate (as will America) if this is not done.

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 03:10 PM
link   
The market is wound up to perfection and ready to sproing. That's the opposite of spring.

I added to my short positioning today by buying more BGZ triple anti-Dow.

How can all this negative news be happening without a good crash?
There is a ton of negativity rumbling just under the surface.
We shouldn't waste the opportunity.

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 06:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Cabaret Voltaire

Remember that is people in the Markets that are betting on world chaos and making big profits, we got GS to testify for that . . . that is why the markets are thriving while the rest of the world is going crap.

Lesson learned . . .

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 07:10 PM
link   
Yep and of course, GOLDMAN SACHS supports the bank ``reform`` bill!

HAHAHAHHA And the STUPID PUBLIC, sorry but I can't call them something else at this point... love the bill and supports it too!

Goldman Sachs and the people coming together! RAINBOWS AND PUPPIES! I mean Obama is for it, it must be good right?

More like a robber and a fool with his money...

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 07:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

And occurs like the HCR (written by the fat rats in the insurance business) so the financial reform is been written by big corrupted financial institutions.

A joke played against the tax payer indeed, I wonder if it have a mandate for bailouts for life.

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 08:34 PM
link   
Goldman Sachs "criminal" probe article from an hour ago....

online.wsj.com...

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 08:24 AM
link   
______beforeitsnews/story/38279/Spains_Unemployment_Rate_Over_20.html
Spain's Unemployment Rate Over 20%

______beforeitsnews/story/38278/Moodys_Downgrades_9_Greek_Banks.html
Moody's Downgrades 9 Greek Banks

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 09:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by GreenBicMan
reply to post by marg6043

No, trust me.

They will not go lower than they are now.

The US just proved their incompetence.

I could be rich on these options.. watch GS to 200 within 2 months max.

It won't go a dime lower than 150. If it didn't yesterday, it never will. This is another call I would almost risk deletion of my account on. I feel that strongly about it as other calls in the past.

The US political system is a sham and I watched every minute of that supposed grilling just to learn these Senators are more interested in getting reelected and not interested in the facts. Just their diluted bull# opinions that are based on fiction.

Total bull#, anyway.. I already said all that haha.

I just can't shake these feelings.

GS is currently at 146.71 and falling. Tbh I expected it to keep on rising too, maybe it still will.

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 11:04 AM
link   
reply to post by SpaceMonkeys

Yep

Looks like there is some sort of criminal probe going on now.. Prob. more bs - but we will see

I owe my dad $100.00 if it closes under 150/share - chose not to eat my hat, but it hasn't closed yet so still waiting to go to the ATM haha

But I like how you were on top of that space monkey. In the future please copy and paste all my calls and just not my bad ones.

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 11:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Cabaret Voltaire

What did you avg down to in BGZ?

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 01:29 PM
link   
reply to post by GreenBicMan

haha it just so happened that I was looking at GS stocks at the time because some guy on a youtube vid said that GS was finished, then you posted your comment about it not going to go below 150 so thought I'd keep an eye on it. I wasn't having a dig and I always watch out for comments from people like you because you really seem to know what you're talking about and look at things from a different angle to others on here.

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 02:17 PM
link   
A few things...

Concerning unions in Boston...

In Boston, you can't get a wage freeze in your salary if you're a town employee... teachers, cops and firefighters... You get automatic wage increase by 2-3% every year above the inflation rate...

This year increase in cost of living : 3%. (according to them)

Their average wage increase this year of public school teachers... 5.2%!

Let's put that on the national credit card! And let the private sector people pay for it!

Interesting article out of the UK.

Whichever party wins the election will have to impose spending cuts of such severity that they will find themselves exiled from power for a generation, the governor of the Bank of England has reportedly claimed.

Indeed. And guess what? The economic theory on which ``the recovery`` is based on, the Keynesian theory, ain't working if there's no more money to be fueled in... and there's no more money to be fueled in the system... so even by their own flawed economic theory, the economy is about to crash, but they still claim RECOVERY, RECOVERY IS HERE!

Austrian economic theory will win once again.

As MarketTickerGuy says, the GDP goes up... for first quarter but the government spending has replaced the private spending... and the Keynesian fuel tank is about to be empty...it's already is empty in Greece and the UK...

And here's the condition that the IMF says Greece must subject to if they want a mere 28 billions...

- Raise sales taxes (they don't say how much)
- Scrap bonuses amounting to two extra months of pay in the public sector (something which the union say they will not accept)
- Three years pay freeze (something else the unions won't accept)
- Raising the retirement age from an average of 53 to 67 (for government employees)

I think the raising of the retirement age is the worst one... not to mention sales taxes that will hit the poor the hardest. And not to mention the threats by the unions of civil war if the government accepts this deal. At least the unions in Greece are not bought and paid for....

[edit on 30-4-2010 by Vitchilo]

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 02:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

53 is average retirement age?

No doubt that should be raised to 67. I don't find that ridiculous at all. 53 way too young IMO unless you are privately rich through other means and forgo tenure.

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 02:28 PM
link   
reply to post by SpaceMonkeys

I would have tried to buy those calls that one day too. But if you remember vix was up over 5.00 that day and everything got real f'in expensive all the sudden. So it was out of my reach due to low capital.

I gotta say it still looks attractive again, but I am not going to lose another $100.00 over it to my dad. Going to the ATM now and I will beg for forgiveness when I get back.

EDIT:

When it was up 8 dollars the 2 days after the hearing my dad was going to owe me $100.00 if it went only 2 more higher to a total of $10.00/share

The market is a cruel mistress.

[edit on 30-4-2010 by GreenBicMan]

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 02:49 PM
link   
BTW massive protests are planned in Greece tomorrow, it's Labor Day... every year they have protests in big cities, but this time, it will be even more massive because the people knows what the IMF asks of them and they won't be IMF slaves without a fight that's for sure.

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 03:07 PM
link   
so...

where are we at?

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 03:10 PM
link   
We're at DoomCon 3!

Greece's Survival at Stake, Prime Minister Warns

Greek Prime Minister George Papandreou said Friday the debt-stricken country's survival was at stake as social tensions mounted over the price to be paid for an international bailout.
Police battled protesters in Athens as government negotiators sought to clinch a deal with the European Union and International Monetary Fund said to be worth 120 billion euros (160 billion dollars) over three years.

The international institutions are seeking tough spending cuts, but Papandreou told the Greek parliament: "Today what is most important is the survival of the nation, that is our red line.

"The measures which we must take, economic measures, are necessary for the protection of our country, for our survival, for our future so that we can stand firmly on our feet," he said.

"It's a patriotic responsibility which we undertake no matter what the political cost."

So he's taking tricks from Paulson eh? BEND OVER OR MARTIAL LAW/CIVIL WAR/ARMAGEDDON EH?

Yeah real patriotic...

[edit on 30-4-2010 by Vitchilo]

top topics

<< 618  619  620    622  623  624 >>

join