It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The "up-to-the-minute Market Data" thread

page: 617
<< 614  615  616    618  619  620 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 09:25 AM
link   
GM paid the government loan with the bailout money! Hahahahahaha

Grassley Slams GM, Administration Over Loans Repaid With Bailout Money

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 09:41 AM
link   
reply to post by DangerDeath

You got to be kidding
I guess nothing better than a workout to clear the mind . . . perhaps his genius got flushed out during the cleansing. . .

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
reply to post by DangerDeath

You got to be kidding
I guess nothing better than a workout to clear the mind . . . perhaps his genius got flushed out during the cleansing. . .

In that text they say those are BIG OFFENDERS

So, here we see the importance of public denunciation vs. legal suits against SMALL OFFENDERS like GS.

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 10:05 PM
link   
7 banks down this week...all in Illinois... Obama's state...

For a total of 973.9 million to the FDIC. Not much really...except more market of suckers for the big banks.

And I just talked to one of my friend I hadn't seen in years... he's studying economics at university... and I was so shocked how brainwashed he was...

- Gold is a bad investment
- Warren Buffet is a god
- The economy is just going up and up and up
- Never heard of libertarianism
- Never heard of austrian school of economics
- Banks are against the bank reform (yeah right)
- Stock market is not manipulated
- The US is NOT in trouble...Canada is more in trouble... hahahaha
- All that is important in life is money, cars and beautiful women, doesn't matter if she have a 30 IQ... if you don't have any of those, you're a loser.
- Scam people because if you don't, others will so it may as well be you...

And THAT KIND OF PEOPLE WILL RUN THE BANKS IN 10/20 YEARS... so if we didn't have enough trouble with our present crop of scum, this ain't over.

Ect...
I think I won't talk to him again... there's too many layers of brainwashing.
What a 23 years old in university doesn't know... a lot...but they don't know it.

[edit on 23-4-2010 by Vitchilo]

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 02:35 AM
link   
So, this is how it works. What matters is what "they" said:

The global economy is emerging faster than expected from the deep recession, finance ministers from the world's leading economies, the G20, have said.

After talks in Washington, they said the pace of the recovery was largely due to the huge amounts of government money pumped into national economies.

US Treasury Secretary Timothy Geithner said he welcomed the greater sense of urgency being shown over Greece.

news.bbc.co.uk...

What "they" SAID is the NEWS

"government money" - is that a totally new economic concept? Please, experts, explain to me what kind of magick lies behind this?

And, "they" - is another new concept
A kind of "super collective personality", which has lost its personal/individual name. (Tim Geithner is just a drone designation).

Meet G20 - The Borg Collective!

Global recovery moving faster than expected, says G20

And then

Clashes at anti-IMF demonstration in Athens

With appropriate illustration:

[CLICK TO PLAY]

Here we can see an exception to the rule.
The rule of the numb...

Let us better talk about Greece than about Britain or USA. Greek is in the "red" and the other two are in the "blue"

THEY will MONITOR the SITUATION:

Mr Flaherty added that Greece had undermined the confidence of the financial markets and should come up with a credible programme to fix the government finances.

Spoken like a true drone...

Greece has "undermined" the confidence and must come up with the "credible" PROGRAMME!

Hey, PROGRAMMERS!

FIX the government finances

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 12:14 PM
link   
Actually the problem with America fake recovery is worst, America fake recovery is hiding an ugly truth, that the America empire is dying no so fast due to all the money been funneled to make it look like recovering but dying it is, predictions of a total collapse of what America used to be within the next 10 years.

Funny but that is the same years term that was given to the fixing of the national debt thanks to Obama HCR.

But while people think that other nations will also collapse if the US collapse, nations like China are already making sure of protecting their own production base and using protectionism to avoid the future mistakes that the Great American Empire has done to its demise.

The political make over of America today is killing this nations ability to protect itself from self destruction.

Keeping the people blind and oblivious while lying about what our nation has become using political propaganda.

The great America empire is sinking meanwhile our political leaders keep ripping each other apart for political gain, very soon it will be nothing else to fight for. . .

[edit on 24-4-2010 by marg6043]

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 12:25 PM
link   
Biden being stupid again...

"All in all, we're going to be creating somewhere between 100,000 and 200,000 jobs next month, I predict," Biden was quoted as saying, while acknowledging he "got in trouble" for a job growth prediction in March.

"Even some in the White House said 'Hey, don't get ahead of yourself.' Well I'm here to tell you some time in the next couple of months we're going to be creating between 250,000 jobs a month and 500,000 jobs a month."

Yeah sure Biden...sure. So you're planning a draft for all those jobs? Or Obama SAs or something?

For nations living the good life, the party is over
Ah yes, it's all our fault that we've been robbed by the bankers, now we must go down to the third world level...not raise the third level to our level of course... and of course the bankers will get richer and richer.. but Obama will be tough on banks!

[edit on 24-4-2010 by Vitchilo]

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 01:23 PM
link   
The situation is getting bad...

Pink slips were sent out to 22,000 teachers in California, 17,000 in Illinois, and 15,000 in New York. The jobs of 8,000 school employees in Michigan, 6,000 in New Jersey, and 5,000 in Oklahoma may also be axed.

!!!!! Insane. Now I wonder where all those kids are gonna go? Probably go find Wal-Marts minimum salary jobs... and they will reduce the number of unemployment! YAY!

Let's bailout banks, BUT FORGET ABOUT SCHOOLS!

What about you say to the feds to go screw themselves with most of the mandates they ask you to pay for that are unconstitutional? That you STOP BEING A BUNCH OF CORRUPT SCUMBAGS stealing taxpayers money?

But eh! RECOVERY IS HERE! Let's all forget about the next generation... since the US is going down, and the next generation that is supposed to ``save America`` and rebuild it from the ashes is gonna be a bunch of non-educated sheeple, I guess America is really screwed...

This is GETTING SICK. Of course congress is more busy imposing more CAP AND TRADE, VAT taxes, BANK BAILOUT, AMNESTY, SANCTIONS ON IRAN FOR ANOTHER WAR...

If I wouldn't be so mad, I would puke everywhere or fall into depression.

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 01:47 PM
link   
wow, i found another, who is not baffled by bulls****, and thinks the way i do; "JailOuts not BailOuts"

link this text page, you'll find video trailers & interviews available...when you navigate around

plunderthecrimeofourtime.com...

i briefly had this same Quote as an 'Signature" once, but i think it was too over-my-head for most poster to pick up on.

"When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men,
they create for themselves, in the course of time,
a legal system that authorizes it,and a moral code that glorifies it.”
– Political economist Frederic Bastiat, The Law [1850]

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 01:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

I got the suspicion that "mandates" are going to become the last resource for the government to push into the tax payers to make sure they use their hard earned dollars to keep the too big corporate corrupted entities afloat.

Is going to get worst.

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vitchilo
The situation is getting bad...

Pink slips were sent out to 22,000 teachers in California, 17,000 in Illinois, and 15,000 in New York. The jobs of 8,000 school employees in Michigan, 6,000 in New Jersey, and 5,000 in Oklahoma may also be axed.

!!!!! Insane. Now I wonder where all those kids are gonna go? Probably go find Wal-Marts minimum salary jobs... and they will reduce the number of unemployment! YAY!

Let's bailout banks, BUT FORGET ABOUT SCHOOLS!

What about you say to the feds to go screw themselves with most of the mandates they ask you to pay for that are unconstitutional? That you STOP BEING A BUNCH OF CORRUPT SCUMBAGS stealing taxpayers money?

But eh! RECOVERY IS HERE! Let's all forget about the next generation... since the US is going down, and the next generation that is supposed to ``save America`` and rebuild it from the ashes is gonna be a bunch of non-educated sheeple, I guess America is really screwed...

This is GETTING SICK. Of course congress is more busy imposing more CAP AND TRADE, VAT taxes, BANK BAILOUT, AMNESTY, SANCTIONS ON IRAN FOR ANOTHER WAR...

If I wouldn't be so mad, I would puke everywhere or fall into depression.

yeah its complete utter bullsh** that the banks get all the money they want to survive and our nations schools has to suffer... americans are going to be taxed to revolution or death.

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 02:10 PM
link   
______beforeitsnews/story/36051/Paupers_In_The_Land_Our_Forefathers_Conquered.html

So what does this mean? It means that the banks have more of a financial interest in America's homes than we do. It means that we are quickly becoming paupers and debt slaves.

god bless goldman sachs

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 03:00 PM
link   
reply to post by TheCoffinman

Actually it means also that we the American people gave away our rights to become the paupers and slaves of the American dream that was manufactured by the big corporate fat rats in the banking and financial system.

So actually we never actually had an American dream we just dream of it while became slaves at the same time. . .

Who owns America? foreign interest, who owns Americans? the banking system and the Federal reserve.

The American citizen tax payer or none are the property of the Federal system and all those that can make a profit of our personhood, while we are still alive.

[edit on 24-4-2010 by marg6043]

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 05:23 PM
link   
And on Gold digger Sach,

E-mails show Goldman boasting as meltdown unfolds

I say hang them and hang them high, this fat rats were laughing at the American tax payer also.

E-mails released Saturday morning show top executives at Goldman Sachs Group Inc. boasting about the money the firm was making as the national housing market collapsed in 2007.

The e-mails suggest Goldman benefited from its bets that securities backed by subprime mortgages would lose value.

"Of course we didn't dodge the mortgage mess," CEO Lloyd Blankfein wrote in an e-mail dated Nov. 18, 2007, according to the e-mails released Saturday by the Senate's Permanent Subcommittee on Investigations. "We lost money, then made more than we lost because of shorts."

Goldman restated its position Saturday that it did not reap huge profit from bets against the market.

Short positions are bets that the market will go down. As the housing bubble burst, Goldman and a few powerful hedge funds took short positions on the market. Many of those bets required other investors to bet the market would rise.

www.mediacomtoday.com...

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 08:05 PM
link   
The Market will put an end to this dog and pony show. Interest rates will rise and there's not much the fed can do about it. Since everything is built on low interest rates and rolling short term debt, BOOM!

That's when they reach for their 'insurance', the Interest Rate Swap. Too bad there's just another busted counter party on the other end.
Sad part is that it's all been done before, Portfolio Insurance anyone?

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 08:15 AM
link   
And the trade wars between US and China keeps going.

Everytime US tries to impose restrictions on China imports, China comes around and slaps US with penalties, while the US is nothing but big talks and not action, China has no problem getting what it wants.

China sets heavy anti-dumping duty on U.S. nylon imports

The trade war between the U.S. and China continued to escalate on Thursday as Beijing slapped heavy anti-dumping duties on U.S. exports of nylon products.

China’s Commerce Ministry announced that U.S. nylon products would be charged with a 29.3 to 96.5 percent tariff for a period of five years when entering the Asian nation. The tariffs stem from an April 2009 investigation alleging that U.S. manufacturers were dumping their nylon products in China and harming domestic producers.

The decision was announced just one day after the U.S. Commerce Department announced that it would investigate allegations that Chinese-made aluminum forms, commonly used in windows and door frames, were unfairly subsidized and dumped in the U.S.

The Commerce Department has said that from 2007 to 2009, the volume of imports of Chinese-made aluminum forms increased by 90 percent.

The International Trade Commission will determine if domestic manufacturers were harmed by an influx of Chinese made aluminum products sold at below market value. If the ITC does rule that domestic manufacturers were harmed, a ruling could come down as soon as May 17.

www.economyincrisis.org...

What better way to put thousands if not hundred of thousands of people into jobs with a brand new manufactured base to end up the trade wars.

I guess the moron whores in Washington along with their corporate pimps doesn't give a crap about how to save and help our own economy and our own people.

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 08:23 AM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

www.drfunkenberry.com...

No matter how bad it seems we still got Money Mike. Top that China.

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 10:38 AM
link   

The bond markets hammered Greek government debt this morning, raising the cost of borrowing for the eurozone nation above 9 per cent.
business.timesonline.co.uk...

LONDON, April 26 (Reuters) - The cost of insuring Portuguese government debt against default jumped to a record high on Monday on concern that Portugal could be next to suffer a Greek- style debt crisis if no lasting solution was found for Athens.
www.reuters.com...

The contagion starts. Of course, if you have been watching this thread, you already knew this was coming.

The elephants in the room are UK and US finances which are in just as much or more trouble when considering maturity rates on debt.

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 10:45 AM
link   
reply to post by HimWhoHathAnEar

Is a domino effect and is not over, just rolling slowly because the pumping of money into global markets but steadily.

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 10:48 AM
link   
reply to post by St Udio

Hey thanks for the link!!!! He was actually on C2C last week discussing the true implications that could arise from the Goldman Sachs indictment.

new topics

top topics

<< 614  615  616    618  619  620 >>

join