It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The "up-to-the-minute Market Data" thread

page: 613
<< 610  611  612    614  615  616 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 02:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Rockpuck

It shouldn't bother you though if you are invested over a 15-20 year period. I am doubting you would be bothered if SPY was up 1100% in your lifetime and inflation was only up 117%.

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 02:33 PM
link   
I know I have stated this is a lot like the 70's rally during energy crisis etc..

More people are backing me up on this as well

blogs.stockcharts.com...

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 02:36 PM
link   
Old News

Read "FIASCO". Remember Orange county? Ripping peoples faces off is old hat for the boyz on the street.

Part 1

www.youtube.com...

Part 2

www.youtube.com...

[edit on 16-4-2010 by The Vulcan]

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 03:22 PM
link   
This bite into GS on options expiry day was a gift from Nobama. It should be played as such. Who had fun playing their calls this afternoon? What a ride on the May 2010 calls. I still have some 170 calls just in case.

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 03:39 PM
link   
reply to post by GreenBicMan

Stockmarket and inflation are quite often inline (real inflation, not that fake government number) .. Usually the Dollar and Stockmarket move in opposite directions, while the stocks go up, the Dollar goes down. The biggest reason being, the Stockmarket is a way to generate wealth from .. essentially nothing. It's the only method that "trickle down" economics actually works. So if the Gov is spending big money, a corporation somewhere is getting it, and it feeds through the market. The market cannot possibly increase if no one has Dollars to buy the stocks right? So the market and inflation and hand in hand, more Dollars available = more to be spent on stocks = the higher the stock price. So a 1100% increase in the Dow or S&P or what have you in highly unlikely with only 100% inflation.

Total inflation from 1999-2008 was roughly 34% (real cost) .. 28% total devaluation of the Dollar attributed, the rest commodity speculation. (part of commodity speculation detached from decreased buying power that is) Dollar declined 24% from 2001-2007 alone.. during which interest rates were very low and the Government was generating a massive amount of cash from thin air.

However.. this time around.. Europe appears in worse shape than the US .. so inflation attributed to a weaker Dollar should, for now, be kept at a minimum (I hope) .. it's the worst kind of inflation. Increased prices of goods while employment decreases.. bad for corporations as well.

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 08:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Rockpuck

What was the dollar index when CPI first came out?

Then we will be able to make this into real dollar inflation.

But I am pretty sure CPI accounts for this.. I could be wrong though - I will look into this more when I get some time.

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 08:45 PM
link   
reply to post by titian

I posted this in the GS thread currently in play

up 46,000% I believe for the 175 put

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 09:33 PM
link   
reply to post by St Udio

That is why I never took all those E-mails seriously, like you said is nothing but a pony show for the common outraged citizen.

The banskters own the government and their dirty deals are just everyday business until another tax payer bailout is needed. . .

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 02:55 AM
link   

Air traffic suspensions are now in force in more than a dozen countries in an unprecedented move.

UK air traffic control said "current forecasts show that the situation is worsening throughout Saturday".

Thousands of travellers are stranded and airlines are losing an estimated $200m each day.

news.bbc.co.uk...

Iceland is fighting back (for what they did to it)

Who would have thought of such a "natural" response to human wickedness?

1783 eruption caused famine and many dead in Europe...

[edit on 17-4-2010 by DangerDeath]

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 03:54 AM
link   
8 banks went down friday...

For a total of 476.4 million... so not that much...

I hope they bring down Goldman Sachs... dismantle those pieces of filth, put them all in jail, Bernanke, Paulson, ect.. every last one of them.

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 11:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

Wishful thinking, is not going to happen, why? because the so call now very self righteous SEC was nothing but whores sleeping with the banksters back before the bailout.

Where is the indictment of the SEC secretary and their cohorts? are they in jail yet . . .

Nothing but BS at the expenses of more tax payer dollars. . .

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 01:11 PM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

Mr. Stanford and Mr. Madoff were the scapegoats of this whole scenario.

Do you really think you will ever see SEC Chief or Lloyd B. go down for any of this in a CRIMINAL court?

Hell, I am surprised they came after Bernie. He was the CEO OF NASDAQ that is pretty damn elite.

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Tell me about it, the fat rats gets away with the loot and the tax payer pays the for the loses.

You are right, if anybody gets indicted from the SEC then the entire US government will follow.

Only the small rats get to see a day in court and time in jail (jail for the rich if you know what I mean).

[edit on 17-4-2010 by marg6043]

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Thats why I am saying I am surprised Bernie got what he did

He was one of the biggest rats in the world..

I thought at the time the whole fiasco just would have been blamed on him seeing he was CEO of NASDAQ which is easily as elite as they come..

pretty interesting anyway

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 07:59 PM
link   

Well, well, well, it seems that Goldman Sach "Reputation" is been tarnish after all.

Goldman case likely to unleash torrent of lawsuits

"This is just the tip of the iceberg," said James Hackney, a professor at Northeastern University School of Law. "There are a lot of folks out there in different deals who played similar roles, and once it starts building steam, plaintiffs' lawyers will figure out this is where the money is and there should be a lot of action."

Among the legal action expected in the coming months:

— Class-action suits by Goldman shareholders who believe Goldman alleged misconduct made their stakes less valuable could come as early as Monday. Such suits are common when companies are accused of wrongdoing. Goldman shares fell almost 13 percent Friday as the bank lost $12.5 billion in market capitalization.

www.mediacomtoday.com...

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 08:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043

Well, well, well, it seems that Goldman Sach "Reputation" is been tarnish after all.

Goldman case likely to unleash torrent of lawsuits

"This is just the tip of the iceberg," said James Hackney, a professor at Northeastern University School of Law. "There are a lot of folks out there in different deals who played similar roles, and once it starts building steam, plaintiffs' lawyers will figure out this is where the money is and there should be a lot of action."

Among the legal action expected in the coming months:

— Class-action suits by Goldman shareholders who believe Goldman alleged misconduct made their stakes less valuable could come as early as Monday. Such suits are common when companies are accused of wrongdoing. Goldman shares fell almost 13 percent Friday as the bank lost $12.5 billion in market capitalization.

www.mediacomtoday.com...

seems these suits may not be market friendly...

i found this guy Gordon t. long who writes and is featured on market oracle (among other places) very interesting and potential informative....regarding finacial scam origainations......and how the biggest part of the 600 T plus derivatives market is intrests rate swaps...(436 T plus) and how they (financial terrorists/my wording) have intertwined these debt bombs into every level of (gov't state local) of the us ...and europe....and how keeping interest rates low is a likely a issue of National security. take a minute and imagine that. i would like someone to take a look at this piece

home.comcast.net...

and see if they can string the "clues" together.

we are levered up and it seems that due to financial alchemy and extreme short term planning....and lax regulations....the system has many ticking time bombs on federal ....state and local levels... (debt bombs) embedded which require greater sums of money ....should different bets sour (i.e housing prices fall....interest rates rise...(which even the gov't may not have the ability to create i.e 2, 3, 4 trillion) that often. can anyone make more sense of this article

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 12:34 PM
link   
reply to post by cpdaman

That is the biggest problem the economy have, the bubble crashing is not over, what the government did with the bailouts, was to stop the domino effect of the mortgage bubble and the financial power houses bubble, the actual corrupted fat rats that cause the crashing.

But eventually all the corrupted and shadow deals will be surfacing and leaking into the media.

When Madoff was made the fall guy, he never revealed the sources of his deals.

He kept quiet, and even back then the names of Goldman Sach fat rats were on the top list.

In the coming days the birds are going to sing.

[edit on 18-4-2010 by marg6043]

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Actually the way I understand it is that there was no one on the other side.. It was just all make believe trades and such..

So like me handing you a statement that says you are up 100,000 and showing you a list of bunk trades that never happened. When in reality I just pocketed your 100,000 and sent you a nice piece of paper with fake transactions..

That is the way I understood it at least..

Now the "fund of funds" the people that introduce into Madoff should be CHECKED HARD for not doing their due diligence in letting their people get involved with madoff in the first place..

But that opens up a whole nother' pandoras box because who says these fund of funds people didn't know what was up either?...

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 01:01 PM
link   

What a mess, I will Love to know the name of the genious that came with the idea of making money with derivatives.

The name of such a mind should go in the anus I mean the annals of history.

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Well derivatives are actually a good thing.

The ones we are talking about that are bad lately are the OTC DERIVATIVES.

OTC Derivatives = credit def. swaps etc..

Regulated Derivatives = options, futures, etc..

So we really do need regulated derivatives in a sense how else would you lay off risk? Lets say you are Saudi Arabia and you have 60 Billion Barrels of Light Sweet Crude that you are afraid may be damaged by a strong/weak dollar..

Well you need to hedge that.. and you can with REGULATED Derivatives..

If they pushed to make credit default swaps etc. trade on the Chicago Mercantile Exchange I would be all for it.. but too much "shadow transactions" in OTC and nothing at all is regulated so every bankster for himself essentially

You will most likely never see these things trade on a regulated exchange because then "where would be all the fun?"

The more participants in the marketplace = less and less edge remember

Thats why they want to keep the game to themselves

new topics

top topics

<< 610  611  612    614  615  616 >>

join