It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The "up-to-the-minute Market Data" thread

page: 610
<< 607  608  609    611  612  613 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 11:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Bordon81

Finally found the CME explanation of how to calculate fair value

www.cmegroup.com...

I do see that U0 contract has "7" FOR VOLUME today.. I am wondering who is trading that bc I can't even see it with my software

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 05:38 PM
link   
My oh my oh my. Did you ever think the day would come when you saw this on the MSM?

Check ___ it ___ out:

Bank con exposed

Can anyone download & upload it to ATS media?

Discussion here.

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 10:05 PM
link   
How close are we to Hyperinflation or Total Collapse for western countries like New Zealand,Australia,US and etc?

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 10:11 PM
link   
If you believe all the crap that everyone is saying, then technically the economy should have collasped already. Every single day they say it coming, and every single day the stock markets rise and everyone says economic recovery. So the facts are so distorted, its pretty much impossible to tells whats what.

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 11:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by xxshadowfaxx
If you believe all the crap that everyone is saying, then technically the economy should have collasped already. Every single day they say it coming, and every single day the stock markets rise and everyone says economic recovery. So the facts are so distorted, its pretty much impossible to tells whats what.

The economy hasn't collapsed yet because of all the tricks they pull. Because they put hundreds of billions every week to prop up the stock market.

The only ones saying economic recovery : main stream medias, shills and yuppies.

The information coming out of Bilderberg SAID they would lie about recovery so people would put their life savings into the stock market so they would lose them again and the elite could become richer again off the middle-class.

Now we're in the phase of ``fake prop-up``. When they decide to pull the plug again, it will be the last time until they get what they want, a world government that is.

Then it will go slowly back up... so people don't revolt.

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 11:50 PM
link   
DOW: Up 70 points to 10,997, breached 11,000 for a short time.
S&P: Up 8 points to 1194.
NASDAQ: Up 17 points to 2454.
Today's big gainers:

S&P 500:
-Jacobs Engineering Group Inc (JEC): $47.61 / +7.52%
-Abercrombie & Fitch (ANF): $49.98 / +6.57%
-Lexmark Intl. Inc. (LXK): $37.32 / +4.48%
DJIA:
-Chevron Corp (CVX): $79.50 / +2.37%
-AT&T Inc (T): $26.44 / +1.61%
-The Coca-Cola Company (KO): $54.59 / 1.54%

Now here's what you need to know before you leave work today:

The Greek crisis is escalating even further going into the weekend. Rumors suggest that the proposed European bailout of Greece is based upon 6% interest rates on three year loans. The EU also plans on charging Greece an additional 100 bps for any year greater than 3 the country takes loans for.
Howard Davidowitz has called the positivity over recent retail sales numbers the result of a "sucker's rally." "We're in a bad place, heading for a worse place," he added.
U.S. Supreme Court Justice Stevens has announced his retirement for this summer. Its likely to make President Obama's attempts to pass both financial reform and energy reform difficult, as the polarizing selection of a another Supreme Court Justice occurs just months before the November mid-term elections.
China car sales are showing just why oil has been on such a tear. China's year-over-year growth in auto sales is now at 60%.
Chinese trade data is released tonight, and it may be an early weekend signal of where the yuan revaluation story will go by Monday. Trade imbalances with the United States will be a particularly important statistic to watch for.
Bonus: Workers at Carlsberg, the Danish brewer, are striking because of a reduction of how much free beer they can drink while on the job.

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 12:10 AM
link   
How fast are we heading for a economic collapse?

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 12:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mr_Alex
How fast are we heading for a economic collapse?

Nobody can say for sure but there's a Bilderberg meeting early June, so not before then at least.

Then maybe we'll have more information on possible time frame, we had a blurry time frame from Bilderberg 2006...and we had pin pointed september 2008 in july 08 by a big bilderberg bank.

So we might see... But of course it could all go down faster since sometimes laws of nature and human emotions overcome the elite and they can't control the outcome.

IMO, if the US still has it's AAA ratings in 365 days, I'll be very impressed.

EDIT: ALARM, GREECE IS COOKED.
Here

Well it's not really a surprise, I expected Greece to go down within a week...

Now let's see the market skyrockets on ``hints`` that Greece will be bailed out... then TO THE FREAKING MOON when Greece is bailed!

Then same thing with Hungary, Spain, Ireland, Iceland, Italy, UK and finally the US!

[edit on 10-4-2010 by Vitchilo]

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 12:43 AM
link   
Are the signs of Hyperinflation quite visible?

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 03:43 AM
link   

Are the signs of Hyperinflation quite visible?

The same scenario that has been tested on Yugoslavia falling apart is now being played worldwide, and many symptoms show in America.

To what purpose is this?

An overgrown system falls apart in all directions. TPTB were too busy to actually anticipate inevitable changes, they believe the world is moving in a linear way, while in truth the ship has many holes and many captains - too many, for sure.

Hyperinflation will only happen if they decide to take all the blood from people, which happened in Serbia during Milosevic rule. Hyperinflation forces people to spend all their reserves - Belgrade was turned into one big flea market at that time - people selling all they could in the streets.

In America, the introduction to possible collapse will certainly be the grab from federal reserves conducted by the individual states. The moment you hear the accusations - you should know it's there.

Armed militias are sure sign of this kind of scenario.

You also have very insecure border with Mexico, many illegal immigrants (just like what happened in Kosovo). Kosovo was ignored for decades, and finally it burst. The same ignoring happens in America. Mexican army is already crossing the border and nobody reacts. Worse - those who do react are quickly quieted down.

So, it's certainly not just about Wall Street doing fine. That is one big distraction based on the past confidence.

And since America is in big debt, just like Greece, you can expect all kinds of "unexpected" developments.

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 03:52 AM
link   
Hey guys. Havent been in this thread for along time.

So I decided to ignore all economic data for 6 months and I just started up again and this is what I found:

Still getting worse.
Something is up with Gold/Silver data.
Whoa, damn greece!!!

What I've mainly seen in the last week or so of looking over the data Ive got... it's happening faster! It's like a it was a tiny snowball rolling down the mountain but now it's getting up there into the small boulder size. It's not quite reached the smash into the side of a house and explode massiveness yet (though it should be).

See the picture Im trying to paint here?

What is really blatant now is TPTB messing with the market. DEAR LORD! You can see it everywhere! Market Ticker does a good job of pointing it out.

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 08:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Tentickles

Hi. Hope you stick around!

Meanwhile, the rollercoaster enters a steep climb:

Greece rescue hope sends Euro and stocks higher

The euro has jumped and stock markets have risen on reports that eurozone leaders have agreed the details of a plan to rescue debt-ridden Greece.

Leaders had finally agreed an interest rate at which to lend money to Greece, should it be needed, the reports said.

As a result, the euro gained more than 1 cent on the dollar, to $1.3466, while the Athens stock exchange rose 3.4%.

This was despite the fact that leading ratings agency Fitch downgraded Greek government debt earlier on Friday...

Real action? Or more smoke & mirrors to keep things going till a prearranged point in time?

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 12:49 PM
link   
Numbers show recession is over and after a deep recession growth returns very fast (per 1980's). If another stimulus bill passes will that trigger inflation?

NY Times Link

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 04:03 PM
link   
reply to post by DangerDeath

If China dumps the dollar,would it hurt countries like New Zealand,Australia,Europe and etc?

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 04:32 PM
link   

reply to post by DangerDeath

If China dumps the dollar,would it hurt countries like New Zealand,Australia,Europe and etc?

I'm really not an expert in economy, but I can imagine...

It all depends on how much those economies are interwoven with American economy. Besides, dollar can be manipulated independently from economic situation in America, as a tool for manipulation of other economies. If Australia, NZ and others are stupid enough to rely too much on USD, then it will affect them

China needs to make sure that the money invested in American bonds will be returned with preserved value. They will most certainly not try to destroy dollar, on the contrary... But, by doing so, the might gain some control of America

That, I think, is the stake in this game.

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 04:49 PM
link   
New Zealand from what I know uses the US Dollar to buy oil and also planes as well

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 08:29 AM
link   
Here's a (new to myself) website that is worth Saving to one's Favorites or Bookmark

wallstreetwarzone.com...

SEC/US Regulators Have Lost Their “Moral Compass,” Have Now Become a Training Camp,
Grad School & Employment Agency for Wall Street!

Bottom line: The reason the SEC has failed at its job enforcing the law is simply because SEC is at the core a miserable failure as a moral leader—the system is biased, weak, undisciplined, ineffective and ethically corrupt, which is widely obvious since Chris Cox stepped down as SEC chairman. And because of the SEC’s failure as a moral leader,
the mutual fund industry has also deteriorated into a culture with no morals, no ethics, no integrity and no sense of what it means to have a primary fiduciary duty to first to protect the investors who entrust it with $10 trillion, a duty that should come ahead of the interests of the fund owners and managers.

So the next time you wonder how the hell things got so far out-of-whack prior to the scandals of 2002-2004, remember, it was a very long time coming, going back to the 1940’s Act.
Corruption on such a massive, widespread scale—involving such name brands as Putnam, Alliance, Strong, Franklin Templeton, PBHG, Merrill Lynch, Bank of America, Smith Barney, MFS, Federated, Bank One, Schwab, Alger, and Wilshire—
is clear evidence of a conspiracy-in-fact. And the SEC charged with regulating this industry was looking the other way for a long time too ignoring that funds were illegally taking advantage of millions of their own investors. Unfortunately, today, the SEC is in total denial and incapable of seeing the problem or changing their behavior

the names made bold are among the current malfactors in the 2008 crisis
~the more things change, the more they stay the same. huh?~

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 11:31 AM
link   
www.telegraph.co.uk...

"The question is when markets will start putting pressure on governments, not if. When will investors start demanding a much higher compensation for holding increasingly large amounts of public debt? In some countries, unstable debt dynamics -- in which higher debt levels lead to higher interest rates, which then lead to even higher debt levels -- are already clearly on the horizon."

Well, here's the Central Bank of Central Banks telegraphing what's coming for the sheep who worship at their altar. This way the 'faithful' will be able to point back and say, 'look, the prophet which is our Central Bank warned us ahead of time'. Even though they're the same ones who caused it to collapse through easy money and speculation in the first place.

'On the horizon'? I'd say it's already happened in Greece, thus Greedspams canary in the coal mine reference for the sheep. For anyone who thinks Central Banks work in our interest: When your masters are telling you it's coming, maybe you should listen.

There is only one way to prepare the way for a global currency, and that is the fall of the dollar. Global monetary control has been the goal of this organization for nigh on 400 years since Mayer Amschel Rothschild created it. It is the most secretive organization on the planet. If they're saying something like this publicly, then believe you me, it has a purpose.

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 06:06 PM
link   
How can America recover when things has not changed and will not change as long as the policies enacted and backed by our government continue.

Recovery is nothing but false hope for the population

American’s Deceived – Now Suffering Outrage Fatigue

Every American citizen should be outraged at what is happening to our country:

3 million manufacturing jobs lost in the last 5 years. How are we going to dig our way out of our tremendous national debt when we can’t produce anything to sell abroad?

Middle-class wages are stagnating, oil is skyrocketing- average consumer savings rates are some of the lowest rate since The Great Depression.

Entire industries sold overseas- jettisoning jobs, technology and putting our country’s future well-being in jeopardy.

Two million Americans will lose their homes due to foreclosures. Two million is greater than the populations of Boston, Seattle and Denver combined.

A Defense Budget of 420 billion- accounting for 43% of defense spending in the entire world- forced to import bullets due to the shrinking manufacturing base at home

$9 Trillion and rising in National Debt plus a $765 billion balance of trade deficit in 2006. This equates to $1.5 million per minute falling into foreign hands. This is the money foreigners are using to buy our best companies, which will inevitably place us back into colonial status. We will not own our country anymore!

Is America really recovering? no in our wildest dream . . .

www.economyincrisis.org...

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 10:20 PM
link   
reply to post by nitrobandit

Government numbers are Utter BS. There's no recovery. It's all government deficit created fake demand.

If the US government were to stop any artificial prop up, the economy that is left would collapse because the private sector is just devastated.

Anyway, just look at Illinois.

Illinois schools will have to fire 20.000 teachers and staff before the next school year (so around early july)
20.000 teachers and staff! That's insane. That's like 500 full schools.

And another tidbit of information about Obama... if any of you want to start a thread about it, go ahead.
PDF
Kenyan assembly : Page 31:

"If America was living in a situation where they feared ethnicity and did not see itself as a multiparty state or nation, how could a young man
born here in Kenya, who is not even a native American, become the President of America? It is because they did away with exclusion."

Aka Obama was born in Kenya.

EDIT: Oops it seems there's already 2 threads about it

[edit on 11-4-2010 by Vitchilo]

new topics

top topics

<< 607  608  609    611  612  613 >>

join