It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The "up-to-the-minute Market Data" thread

page: 598
<< 595  596  597    599  600  601 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2010 @ 07:54 PM
link   
elliott wavers out there think gold will go down at first, if your inti elliott

posted on Mar, 1 2010 @ 09:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by EvilAxis

Originally posted by GreenBicMan
reply to post by TheCoffinman

He never said that in the first place it was denied about a week ago actually. I posted it on this thread or another one specifically about that.. I saw it in Reuters I believe.. I linked it anyway if you do happen to find it

Here's the retraction:

A statement from Vince Stanzione:
The quotes attributed to Jim Rogers yesterday – including the one that the pound could collapse within weeks – were issued by me prematurely, without the approval of Mr Rogers, who was travelling at the time and did not have knowledge of the press release before it went out. While Mr Rogers does note that the pound has had a downward adjustment, and that a severe double dip in the global economy is a strong likelihood, the idea that it might happen within weeks came from me, not Jim Rogers. It was based on my belief that the pound is vulnerable in the run-up to the UK general election…

I apologise to Jim Rogers, the media, our press agency and to anyone else who may have been affected by the statement. I believed I was reflecting Mr Rogers’ sentiments but I accept that I should have sought his final approval before issuing the release. I take full responsibility.

Vince Stanzione acts like a goofball. His so-called ''retraction'' is so obviously indicating that he ran his mouth with a purpose. Look at what he said. He said ''quotes'' attributed to Jim Rogers were issued ''prematurely''. Exactly what does that mean?! Either Jim said it or not. Either he made the statement or he didn't. There is no such thing as prematurely printing what you did not say. That is bogus and Vince is only trying to cover his silly twat while reinforcing that Vince would like to see the British pound get beat down. Vince is simply saying that Vince made it up and got caught, and then using the excuse that Jim Rogers was unable to catch the lie before it was printed. Vince Stanzione is a two bit stock course seller and hype monster trying to pump up his own ego while telling you how to trade while you sleep. In case you don't believe this.... I was unable to talk to Vince before typing this, so if it is not true then I will admit that I was unable to talk to Vince before typing this.

posted on Mar, 1 2010 @ 11:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Cabaret Voltaire

I have heard a couple things but everything is a rumor unless you were standing in the room with them having that "theoretic conversation".

Besides Jim Rogers has made some really stupid calls IMO over the past year that I heard so I really don't give him any credence anyway. Mr. Soros I believe was the mastermind way back when if I am remembering the story correctly.

posted on Mar, 1 2010 @ 11:34 PM
link   
reply to post by EvilAxis

That is not the Rogers retraction though - there was a news item that quoted him saying he never said that etc.

posted on Mar, 1 2010 @ 11:43 PM
link   
reply to post by GreenBicMan

I have been reading your posts for awhile and you always seem very upbeat when it comes to the markets. Do you think it can last like this with it being basically propped up by stimulus money? And how do companies that are failing have there stocks go up? A perfect example is caterpillar inc. And I just wanted to add you are always right for the most part this is why I ask you.

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 01:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Subjective Truth

I have been reading your posts for awhile and you always seem very upbeat when it comes to the markets. Do you think it can last like this with it being basically propped up by stimulus money? And how do companies that are failing have there stocks go up? A perfect example is caterpillar inc. And I just wanted to add you are always right for the most part this is why I ask you.

First time poster in this thread? Nice don't get many, and most don't say nice things about me except for RedHatty and IrisihChic (but for other reasons of course).

But seriously -

1. "Markets being propped up by stimulus money" is just bs terms thrown around by media to sell and for ratings and people that don't know any better.

2. Markets are a mechanism of really one thing only. Or they should be if big money is playing their cards correctly. Big Money (instituions, hedge funds, countries) buy only in their mind at bottom of the barrel warehouse prices and then they sell it back to retail (us) at higher prices. This is why IMO China has made some bad moves in commodity markets buying when things are peaking.. not very smart IMO - but I have been fooled many times before.

These people have more resources than you or I could imagine. We do not set trends it is our job to identify them and then react (trade) however you play like... - trend, counter-trend, mean reversion etc. We nibble at the crumbs that they give us.

3. Reference what you mean by companies failing and stocks go up?

4.CAT is not a failing company. I am also pretty sure its in the DOW 30. Unless I misunderstand you.

5. The only reason I am fairly good at this (better than 65-70% for longterm charts) is I do "this" for 10+ hours a day. Do anything for 10 hours a day for most of your life and you get fairly good.

I have watched the last 4 years in the ES Mini (sp 500 futures) in one hour candles for literally over 2,000 hours. But thats only 83 days, I usually do that for fun, but I am sick so I can't really go anywhere and also I am the type of weirdo that enjoys this - plus I have nothing else to do but watch the simulations when I run them.. either that or hit some golf balls if Im feeling good.

6. My goal for this year as Ive said for a while is high estimate dow 13000, but I really bet we see Dow 11500-12500 this year. I think once we break out of this 10 year or so consolidation we will resume the big bull trend again. Check up on DOW THEORY if you get a chance. This will explain why we need consolidation in the market. You have to think in multiples of years and just not base everything off 2008. Most people absolutely 100% suck at trading just because either they are like me and "tilt" on dumb intraday trades or they are just horrible forecasters. Thats why I am going back to automation etc.. long story but to answer your question it boils down to psychology and 61.8 percent of the time the "whole" of the population is positive. So why buck the trend? You can find 61.8 in a lot of things if you look.. Im not a big FIB guy but I wont question parody like that.

GL

[edit on 2-3-2010 by GreenBicMan]

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 01:19 AM
link   
reply to post by GBP/JPY

Ive been on the short gold bandwagon for a while. Gold quasi-broke the flag it was in then totally came right back into it this week.. so im still pretty upbeat that I will be able to purchase some gold again sub 1000 and hopefully throw in my .1 lot closer to 9 bills.

Also thinking going back into GBP JPY around 128 would be a pretty good idea slowly just to see if it tests that low again WAAY back from 1994- It was a great short though under that 137 support a week ago wasnt it.. damn

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 02:52 AM
link   
Look at this CNN article...
Nasdaq, S&P turn positive for 2010

What?

CNN is becoming a turd news source.

[edit on 2-3-2010 by Cabaret Voltaire]

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 12:27 PM
link   

Damn scratch that gold idea, that just took off in the past hour - wonder whats up

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Thanks for the laugh man, I always appreciate a bit of levity in my day! Watching you go WTH just sets me LingOL.

What's happening is the decline of all fiat currencies. The only question is which ones will bounce off of which as they head for the drain.

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 04:17 PM
link   
reply to post by HimWhoHathAnEar

I bat historically about .150 on gold.

I still hold my position from my thread shorting from 1200 level - it is at the top of its "flag" still right now.. anything over 1190 close and I would admit my defeat and want to actually get in some - no reason to buck the trend

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 04:42 PM
link   

I hate to say it but, get ready to eat crow on gold. cover your shorts, its going to go up short-term before any pull back. The IMF sale did nothing to the price, secondly, now that Greece is more or less settled, the talking heads and bloggers have moved onto Spain, and "OMG, if you think Greece and Spain are bad wait until the pound collapse"

It may might go below 1,000 but not before it rallies above 1250. My 0.02, btw, whats your opinion on the Aussie/Euro?

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 04:50 PM
link   
reply to post by jacksmoke

What happens if the big 30 year US treasury auction thursday doesn't get enough interested buyers on the 11th?

[edit on 2-3-2010 by Bordon81]

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 04:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Bordon81

There are always buyers, I will find a link that explains how treasury auctions work. I could try, but I would forget something, I shall return

vixandmore.blogspot.com...

this a good primer, I am trying to find one in particular, but the long and the short of it is. Dealers have to buy. Its a requirement to be a dealer

Found the one I was looking for: staticorigin.seekingalpha.com...

Prob the most concise explanation of a treasury auctions

[edit on 2-3-2010 by jacksmoke]

[edit on 2-3-2010 by jacksmoke]

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 04:57 PM
link   

I will post a chart as to how I think gold will play out when my simulations are done and I haven't looked at that pair since I lost on that last trade - I will post that too when I get a chance sometime later this evening

I do think it is close to time to perhaps get into gbp/jpy again slowly all the way to 128 if you can get it there

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 05:18 PM
link   

You could be right about the GBP/JPY

As far as gold goes, throw out the charts. Soros/Rogers are conspiring against the pound to inflate gold and bring the GBP/EUR to even so Brown can enter the EU to get German and french money to help stabilaze the UK economy. How is that for a 'black swan' event. Crud, I need to Goldman Sachs into this CT

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 05:43 PM
link   

As you know I never trust anyone else's opinion, neither should you. Always research your own stuff and make up your own mind. Even if wrong at least you weren't trailing someone that can flip a coin just like you if you know what I mean.

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 05:55 PM
link   

Does it matter if I throw the darts or read someone else's interpritation of how the darts pattern from yet someone else throwing the darts? Or better yet, backtest my own theory, of someone elses interpritation of how darts landed over the last 6 mo's, 18 mo's or 10 years? Of course I am being rhetorical. (unless you have insight into my philisophical dilemna)

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 07:01 PM
link   

Best bet is always do your own homework.

That is all I was trying to say or imply I guess because their guess is as good as yours - randomness is an odd thing sometimes. Impossible to account for. For reference look at a chart of ES MINI in 1 minute candles.

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 07:23 PM
link   
Jacksmoke and greenbic I applaud you both because i love the contrarian views , however , the parity argument of jack is one that has resonated with me for some time (eur/gbp) , couple that with Mandy and his unimaginable powers ???

Of course the U.K. would revolt (the peasants are revolting scenario) , however the media coupled with simpedom of 1/1 makes it easier for the populus to understand.

Not pre-election tho, noooooooo , that'll never happen .(I have a hat on standby to eat)

new topics

top topics

<< 595  596  597    599  600  601 >>

join