It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The "up-to-the-minute Market Data" thread

page: 59
<< 56  57  58    60  61  62 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 09:50 PM
link   
Worst is yet to come for job market

News on jobs should continue to bater the market tomorrow...And then the Friday Bank Closures will have their effects on the following Monday. Plus all the good news on AIG and all the CDS and crap they insured.

GE will likely put the bad news out tomorrow after close or over the weekend. Next week should see a pretty hard slide.

[edit on 5-3-2009 by projectvxn]

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 09:54 PM
link   
I know this was posted before - but I'm posting it again for those who don't happen upon it.

www.layoffdaily.com...

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 09:58 PM
link   
Isn't it comforting to know that while our stock market lost 4% our President was really putting all his attention on the problems. Talking to his economic advisers and all.. Like Brad Pitt

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 10:00 PM
link   
Does anybody noticed that now the US government owns 80% of AIG now.

I wonder how much of BofA and citigroup they own already with the second bail out round.

Now with the new bail out money to be set up this month I wonder how many other banks the US government be owning also.

Still the reality of the markets today was that China's plan for an economic stimulus that brought the markets yesterday to a good plus was taken away as they decided not to follow up on their proposed stimulus.

Still the Obama budget and plan is one of the most irresponsible bills ever been proposed by this nations government.

Other nations are not stupid and they see the danger that Americas economy has become.

To whom can the U.S. government turn for $1.75 trillion for FY 2010, on top of $1.2 trillion for FY 2009?

Not to taxpayers.

[edit on 5-3-2009 by marg6043]

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 10:06 PM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

At this time, only 40% of the stimulus already signed is financed.

The other 60% has not been.

Does anyone really think all these plans will get put into action?

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 10:11 PM
link   

Honestly, at this point that is fine with me. That just means our federal government has taken on a few trillion in CDS's. That means that once the banks finally go under it is going to take our federal government along with it.

And I say good riddance. I'll take my chances in a few years of total chaos compared to where this government is moving.

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 10:12 PM
link   
reply to post by redhatty

They are long term plans so the money will be allocated by yearly budgets plans.

Still that is on top of the budgets that the nations will be incurring during every year and that may not include the in between bail outs that may be needed if the zombie banks do not get any better.

AT the end I see government getting so inflated that it will no longer be able to sustain itself.

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 10:12 PM
link   

Well...just from what we know??? meh...

...and on the other hand...

It's gotten so confusing in the past 6 months...even I, a data farmer...can't keep track!!!

I asked earlier...has anyone even got a total on what the WHOLE WORLD has sunk into this?!?!?!

Anyone...hazard a guess?

[edit on 3/5/2009 by Hx3_1963]

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 10:18 PM
link   

meh...
No to be mean...but...it's to the point... most of the things you mention...have no basis in reality...welcome to OZ...

Nikkei 225 7,236.19 11:00PM ET -197.30 (-2.65%)

Gold $935.23...slight uplift...
Oil $43.73...steady...

$ holding at 88.8...

Ready to have some fun?

What's the Worldwide cost of this crisis?
www.abovetopsecret.com...

...interesting...no?

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 10:31 PM
link   
guys, this isn't market related, but I am posting it here - if anyone wants to start a thread from it - be my guest - I'm not getting into the poop-storm that this will set off.

TPTB really do want a race war - I am completely convinced now.

Bill Sponsor: John Conyers (D-MI)
Co-Sponsors: Steven Cohen (D-TN), Robert Scott (D-VA), Luis V. Gutierrez (D-IL)

From the Library of Congress - Introduced January 6, 2009

A BILL

To acknowledge the fundamental injustice, cruelty, brutality, and inhumanity of slavery in the United States and the 13 American colonies between 1619 and 1865 and to establish a commission to examine the institution of slavery, subsequently de jure and de facto racial and economic discrimination against African-Americans, and the impact of these forces on living African-Americans, to make recommendations to the Congress on appropriate remedies, and for other purposes.

Be it enacted by the Senate and House of Representatives of the United States of America in Congress assembled,

SECTION 1. SHORT TITLE.

This Act may be cited as the `Commission to Study Reparation Proposals for African-Americans Act'.

SEC. 2. FINDINGS AND PURPOSE.

(a) Findings- The Congress finds that--

(1) approximately 4,000,000 Africans and their descendants were enslaved in the United States and colonies that became the United States from 1619 to 1865;

(2) the institution of slavery was constitutionally and statutorily sanctioned by the Government of the United States from 1789 through 1865;

(3) the slavery that flourished in the United States constituted an immoral and inhumane deprivation of Africans' life, liberty, African citizenship rights, and cultural heritage, and denied them the fruits of their own labor; and

(4) sufficient inquiry has not been made into the effects of the institution of slavery on living African-Americans and society in the United States.

Full Text

As a friend said... and I quote

I think reparations should be offered to any African American alive today that feels they have been injured.

On one condition:

If you take the money you must also denounce your US citizenship and move back to Africa.

We can call it the "Pay" or "Stay" program.

Any "Black" Americans born after the bill is passed will now and forever be called "Americans" and must drop the "African" #.

All those born prior to the bill passage will have the option to get the "pay" or get to "stay". Everyone who remains in the USA after that will be "Americans" as all of the "Africans" will have gone home.

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 10:34 PM
link   

Whoa! This is wild ... and unexpected.

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 10:36 PM
link   

Hmm. I wonder will "they" whomever is sending people back to Africa will add the price of a cruise ticket on top of the reparations?

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 10:38 PM
link   

REDHaTTy, start a new thread on this....I want to respond, but this is not the thread to do it...

Your find and should be your points

[edit on 5-3-2009 by TrainDispatcher]

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 10:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Hx3_1963

What that has to do with the prices of tomatoes in china, right, still anybody that follows the markets all it has to do is turn to CNBC and look at it all day.

Still what is happening in this nation with the government and the polices is what is dictating what is going whit the Markets.

you can no separate one from the other.

Every time the government in the US fart so the rest of the world will have to smell it.

So just pointing at the markets numbers and limiting what can be the reason why the are reacting the way they are will be really pointless.

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 10:40 PM
link   

I get it...do others?

This is related to the 13th Amendment...but did you know...there are 2 13th Amendments???

1819 & 1865

Read my "Original 13th Amendment" thread and ponder it...
A trade???
www.abovetopsecret.com...

...this can't be legal...as the 2nd 13th amendment isn't...anything after this is subject...

Nikkei 225 7,219.49 11:26PM ET -214.00 (-2.88%) holding steady...till more bad news surfaces...

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 10:47 PM
link   

The US owns something like 45% of Citi and 40% of BOA via preferred stock (assuming converted to common stocks)

AIG cannot fail simply because the CDS aftershock would bring down the world economy .. yadda yadda yadda.. you know.. typical bs. I say let them fail personally.. perhaps since this is such a National Security issue, we should try the entire board, it's CEO and Presidents for Treason? Yes? What's that I hear? The collective ATS crowd agreeing with me?

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 10:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Hx3_1963

the question is not how much but where has it all gone to? its got to be somewhere!

anyone have any idea?

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 10:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Fett Pinkus

Mostly debt obligations. On the first day of AIG's bailout they forked out $18billion of the funds to CDS payment.. most of the funds go towards every day operations, or else they go towards filling the $56 trillion dollar CDS black hole...

Mr. Bush and Obama would have told you they where.. er.. toxic assets...

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 10:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Fett Pinkus

The problem is it never existed to begin with.

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 10:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Rockpuck

Thanks Rockpuck for the information, this are big news after all as we can see the beginning of the socialization of the banking system right in front of our own eyes.

I wonder if the new 200 billions that will be set up by the TARP ( it got another name now) will indeed make the government own more of the Citi and BofA if they take more money.

That will be something to look at in coming days.

Another reason why the markets will not settle as the future of big Banking institutions are still unclear.

I agree with you AIG should fail but if they do the corruption behind that institution will be exposed and I truly believe that right now damage control is been imposed.

[edit on 5-3-2009 by marg6043]

new topics

top topics

<< 56  57  58    60  61  62 >>

join