It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The "up-to-the-minute Market Data" thread

page: 58
<< 55  56  57    59  60  61 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 07:45 PM
link   
And it just gets better...

British Banks begin "printing money" to fight the slump

The Bank of England yesterday announced unprecedented steps to prevent the deepest slump since the 1930s when it unveiled plans to inject up to £75bn into the economy over the next three months.

Alarmed by signs Britain's malfunctioning banking system is starving consumers and businesses of credit, chancellor Alistair Darling yesterday gave Threadneedle Street clearance to begin creating money - the last-gasp measure used by Japan to end a decade of recession and deflation.

The Bank said it would embark on quantitative easing next week, after its monetary policy committee cut the bank rate for the sixth time since the global financial system came close to collapse last October. The rate is now 0.5% - a level not seen before in the Bank's 315-year history.

Yep, the dollar will skyrocket on that news

Cripes...

House approves mortgage overhaul bill

The U.S. House of Representatives approved a bill on Thursday to let bankruptcy judges reduce the primary residence mortgage debt of homeowners going through bankruptcy proceedings as a last resort to avoid foreclosure.

Seen by Democratic supporters as vital to stabilizing the crumbling U.S. real estate market, the so-called "cramdown" bill has been opposed by bankers, despite amendments to limit its scope, including one restricting it to existing mortgages.

The Senate was expected to consider its own version of the House bill soon, but chances of passage are uncertain.

The House vote tally was 234-191.

I'm going to go get sick now...

Humor Break - If you missed yesterday's show, you gotta catch The daily show with Jon Stewart

[edit on 3/5/09 by redhatty]

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 07:53 PM
link   
reply to post by redhatty

Star 4 U!

Sure... you can try to link to my site...might get 403's for limited bandwidth, but, sure!

Like my Command Center eh?

"Financial Weapons of Mass Destructions" will rule in the coming days...it's snowballing...

I see no way to stem the tide...the shorts/puts will rule at this point..unless...wait for it...
??? you tell me!!! (...you know the answer...)

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 07:53 PM
link   
First post in this thread...

Futures

VALUE CHANGE % CHANGE

DJStoxx 50 1,854.00 -87.00 -4.48
FTSE 100 3,517.50 -121.00 -3.33
DAX 30 3,704.50 -181.00 -4.66
CAC 40 2,569.00 -108.50 -4.05
S&P/MIB 13,499.00 -862.00 -6.00

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 07:56 PM
link   

Oh beautiful. If that mortgage bill passes not only will inflation jack everything up but interest rates will be sky high.

It would be nice to know what the next reserve currency is going to be because if you could get in it now you could make bank.

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 08:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Indianapolis

Star 4 U!

Thanks fer the update!!!

Some of us have so much on our cybernetic hands, it's hard to Assimilate all this destruction...

Data farming is not as easy as it seems/sounds!!!
(if it's not a real a real phrase it is now!!! (R)...LoL)

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 08:24 PM
link   
off the wires, no link yet...

(US) Senate Banking Committee Chairman Dodd is moving to allow the FDIC to temporarily borrow as much as $500B from the Treasury Dept - WSJ
- The move came in response to urging from FDIC Chairmna Bair, Fed Chairman Bernanke nd Treasury Sec Geithner

I swear, they are playing a game and the challenge is 'how fast can we destroy the US?'

We are all the losers

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 08:25 PM
link   

They can't cover the amount we're on the hook for. And people are paralyzed. They don't know whether to pull out of banks or wait and see.

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 08:30 PM
link   
reply to post by projectvxn

I know - I have NO $$ in a bank right now

ON to more news

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - Democrats who control the U.S. Senate were unable on Thursday to round up the necessary votes to end debate and pass a $410 billion bill to fund many government operations, Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid said.

A temporary spending measure to fund those government agencies expires on Friday at midnight so the U.S. House of Representatives will send over an extension through Tuesday, Reid said, a setback for the Democrats.

(Reporting by Jeremy Pelofsky, editing by Anthony Boadle)

Source

You know, not only do we not know how much money has been spent but now it's becoming IMPOSSIBLE to know how many passed bills we have out there. How many MULTI-BILLION BILLS HAVE WE PASSED? Pretty soon there is going to be a new one every week and we are still trying to figure out where the money has gone on the 1st TARP.

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 08:32 PM
link   

Yet another "nail" in the coffin I fear...

The Fed's balance sheet is so "weighted down" with "worthless/no market" assets...how in the hell can you even put a value on all this...and I mean EVERYTHING/ANYTHING...and still "they're talking blame/causes"...

The courts must be called to our aid, debts must be collected, bonds and mortgages foreclosed as rapidly as possible.

As foreclosures mount, Florida court turns to 'rocket docket'
www.cnn.com...

When, through the process of law, the common people have lost their homes,
they will be more tractable and easily governed through the influence of the strong arm
of the government applied to a central power of imperial wealth under the control of the leading financiers.

People without homes will not quarrel with their leaders. History repeats itself in regular cycles. This truth is well known among our principal men who are engaged in forming an imperialism of the world. While they are doing this, the people must be kept in a state of political antagonism.

The question of tariff reform must be urged through the organization known as the Democratic Party, and the question of protection with the reciprocity must be forced to view through the Republican Party.

By thus dividing voters, we can get them to expend their energies in fighting over questions of no importance to us, except as teachers to the common herd. Thus, by discrete actions, we can secure all that has been so generously planned and successfully accomplished.
circleof13.blogspot.com...

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 08:33 PM
link   

More Ponzi for the Ponzi please!

I've said it before and I'll say it again, by the time Obama gets done "change" is all that is going to be left int he treasury.

NIKKEI 225 7,210.00 -200.00 21:00
HANG SENG 11,957.00 -93.00 20:57
SPI 200 3,133.00 -36.00 21:17

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 08:38 PM
link   
NZSE 50 2,458.11 9:15PM ET -33.29 (-1.34%)
Nikkei 225 7,204.95 9:00PM ET -228.54 (-3.07%)
Hang Seng 12,088.46 9:23PM ET -122.78 (-1.01%)
S&P/ASX 200 INDEX 3,132.00 -56.50 -1.77% 21:37

Gold $934.93...holding...

Nazareth Said to Withdraw for Deputy Treasury Post (Update3)
www.bloomberg.com...

March 5 (Bloomberg) -- Former U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission member Annette Nazareth has taken herself out of the running to be deputy Treasury secretary, according to people familiar with the matter.

Nazareth, who hadn’t been nominated, was warned that her SEC work would be assailed at Senate confirmation hearings, the people said. Before becoming a commissioner, Nazareth was head of the SEC’s market regulation division where she helped design an oversight regime that has been criticized for missing Wall Street’s excessive risk taking.

Sleepin' double in a single bed...thinkin' all the things I wish I didn't say...

[edit on 3/5/2009 by Hx3_1963]

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 08:51 PM
link   
UPDATE 1-Japan govt, BOJ eye further credit steps -media

This is going to go well. Their economy is already at depression levels despite 3 very large stimulus packages.

Edit to add:

Capital still flowing into China, pace slowing -SAFE

[edit on 5-3-2009 by projectvxn]

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 08:55 PM
link   

It's true...12+% in 4th Q...10% is a common agreement...for a year!!!

HELLO!!! (not you...LoL)

Japan's Recession Deepens as Production Drops Record 10%, Spending Slumps
www.bloomberg.com...

...even Gov speak CNBC Steve Liesman is waivering now...that's kinda scary in it's self!!!

Nikkei 225 7,204.95 9:30PM ET -228.54 (-3.07%)

Why is nikkei not moving on updates???
9:30 est last update?

'cause I'm out to lunch...like they are...LoLoL...

Yamaguchi Says Cash Shortage May Force Japan to Buy More Corporate Bonds Bank of Japan Deputy Governor Hirohide Yamaguchi said the central bank may need to expand its purchases of corporate debt to prevent a credit shortage from worsening the recession.
www.bloomberg.com...

Asian Stocks Fall on Commodity Prices, Stronger Yen; BHP Billiton Declines Asian stocks slipped, snapping a two-day advance, after commodity prices fell and a stronger yen darkened the profit outlooks for Japanese exporters.
www.bloomberg.com...

Toyota Shock May Spur Japan Supplier Bankruptcies Without Government Aid Toyota Motor Corp.’s
www.bloomberg.com...

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 09:25 PM
link   
WOW Major changes to Austrailia's S&P/ASX
pdf of changes

LOTS of ETF's go buh bye

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 09:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Hx3_1963

I guess the Nikkei committed Hara-kiri!

I don't know that that is weird maybe they halted trading and just didn't tell anybody? It hasn't moved in over an hour something is up.

Maybe they just took a lunch break early and hope it will rebound?

Edit -

I see you updated it and they were in fact out to lunch.

[edit on 5-3-2009 by Hastobemoretolife]

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 09:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Hastobemoretolife

Yeppers, Asia must have sushi break

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 09:38 PM
link   

That sounds good right now, sushi and a glass of red wine.

Is Japan the only market that closes for lunch?

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 09:40 PM
link   

OK guy's...I forgot!!!

can ya blame me...

...they still have social imparitives...lunch!!!

@ red:
Think that had something to do with the weird FX action over the last 2 days?

Actually...I'm amazed Asian Markets haven't "tanked" more...still time...

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 09:45 PM
link   
FTSE 100
3529.86down
-116.01 -3.18%
Dax
3695.49down
-195.45 -5.02%
Cac 40
2569.63down
-106.05 -3.96%
Dow Jones
6594.44down
-281.40 -4.09%
Nasdaq
1299.59down
-54.15 -4.00%
BBC Global 30
4065.02down
-30.21 -0.74%

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 09:47 PM
link   

yesterday or futures on the Eastern/EU Updates?

Yesterdays closings...ok...good update...for the stragglers...LoL

new topics

top topics

<< 55  56  57    59  60  61 >>

join