It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The "up-to-the-minute Market Data" thread

page: 575
<< 572  573  574    576  577  578 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 05:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by DangerDeath
Don't worry people. Here comes Abu Dhabi to save the Dwbbya ...

I noted that the emergency rescue funds were in USD$

and that some $4bn was being immediately paid out to to parties owed...
with no reluctance on their part in receiveing the slowly collapsing Dollar.

i have woken up to the very real possibility that the USD will actually recover for a time...before going into the world of non-existance

at least that's how i'm going to play my gold/PM vs $

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 07:05 AM
link   
In preparation of Revolution, everything must seem "normal", so the effect of surprise can be utilized maximally.

Global society is the society of barriers within itself, money will mean much less in the near future than it means now. Passes and privileges will be much more important. The revolution is taking place among the ruling class in the first place, and ordinary people, who are not part of the conspiracy, will be completely out with surprise. Of course, having a job will be the greatest "privilege" for ordinary people

All these money transactions which seem to be so important have only one purpose - to cover up the ongoing selection of those who will be privileged. The certain sign of this is the fact that money bonuses to the bank managers and so on, are being devalued as means of personal gain. Personal gain will now be measured by different means. But the farce with money will go on for a while as a cover up.

In my opinion, the obvious thing is that a huge pool of money has been created for this purpose only (virtual or not, it doesn't matter as long as it is operational). Like in this case of Dubai "resort". This is only one of the many resorts (forbidden cities). Ask yourself what is the real purpose of such resorts? Who needs them and why?

The film "Rollerball" comes to my mind...

Interesting...

Obama, he said, "has to say he's mad, because if he's not mad, he doesn't have any emotions … But exactly what he's prepared to do is much less clear."

abcnews.go.com...

Part of the problem, economists say, is that the administration and government regulators have been sending banks mixed messages.

Messages mixed with (?) messages.

Vincent Reinhart mentioned in this text is not The Reinhardt (who also sees revolution in the making).

"Making more loans right away at a time when the economy is weak isn't the formula for strengthening your balance sheet," Reinhart said.

And the famous quotation of the day: What to do? (Lenin, Chernishevsky)

[edit on 15-12-2009 by DangerDeath]

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 09:27 PM
link   
Well the mix news on the American front keeps getting people confused about the economic recovery.

Stocks Slide, NY Manufacturing Declines

Wall Street continued to creep forward during yesterday’s session. The NASDAQ, a loser in the previous session, led the charge with a 0.99 percent (21.79 points) gain. The NASDAQ was followed by the S&P500, which gained 0.70 percent (7.70 points), and the Dow Jones (0.28 percent, 29.55 points).

Unfortunately, following an unimpressive showing overnight, stocks slipped at the opening bell today.

www.economyincrisis.org...

Joblessness Takes Toll

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 09:52 PM
link   
Part2of the series on the 0 yield treasuries for whomever is interested.

FOMC tomorrow, will it still be business as usual or will there be changes?

TIC data released today on Treasuries confirms that foreign countries are NOT buying our debt (like we are lead to believe they are)

a great ticker on that

And heres another on the bad PPI/Empire reports today

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 07:36 AM
link   
Well the warnings about the hyperinflation after trillions has been poured into the economy is been predicted, now now but slowly and within the next decade.

All that money has to go somewhere.

As it coped with the restrictions of the recession and a growing need to build up liquid assets, our government pumped money into the financial system, flooding it with excess cash.

According to John Williams, of ShadowStats.com, the United States is on a trajectory toward runaway “hyperinflation” which it would not be able to contain.

As he sees it the U.S. may, within a decade or less, find itself buried under a worthless currency akin to Zimbabwe today or the Depression-era Weimar Republic.

The claim that America will soon see its dollar driven into the sand the way the Zimbabwe dollar or German mark once were is a bit extraordinary, but it does highlight an important point. The U.S. is undermining its own financial foundations through continuing its “loose money” policies.

Some nations, Japan in particular, have been able to survive and prosper despite having virtually zero interest on central bank loans. However, Japan also keeps tight control of its money supply, it does not organize multibillion dollar industry bailouts, and it exports more than it imports. The U.S. and Japan may share common zero interest rates, but that is where the economic similarities end.

On December 7 Federal Reserve chairman Ben Bernanke stood by his on-going decision to keep U.S. interest rates at historic lows. Investors had actually seemed hopeful that the Fed would opt to raise rates, if only slightly, as a sign that the economy was getting stronger and there was no more need for easy money. After his statement to the contrary investors went into a day long tailspin.

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 03:47 PM
link   
AAAAAAAAAAAAAANNNNNNNNNNNNNNDDDDDDDDDDD the US have no more money...

It's over

And foreigners aren't buying any new debt... this is why they want to pass health care... TO TAX THE HELL OUT OF EVERYBODY so they can continue their business without foreigners buying debt...

That's why Obama said if the health care bill doesn't pass, the US will be bankrupt.

No extra tax money = no more money.

The US is in it's last stage.

EDIT: Now even the drug dealers have dumped the US dollar...
Euros become currency of drug cartels

Bahrain is dumping the US dollar...not to mention the Gulf currency union for oil... the world currency status for the US dollar is weeks away from being dropped...

Persian Gulf countries currency launched

Me thinks they'll do it during the christmas holidays... anyway it would be a good moment... people would be too busy... remember Israel bombed Gaza during last year christmas time...and India and Pakistan nearly went to nuclear war... and nobody noticed...

The Day The Dollar Died timeline might be right after all...

[edit on 16-12-2009 by Vitchilo]

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 08:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

Do you really think passing Health Care is going to help anything? I believe the US is done for. The only thing that can save us is the Prez. coming on national Prime Time TV and saying we have to majorly cut spending.

If they pass health care I feel like that will just make our demise come faster.

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 01:24 PM
link   

"This IS serious."

"No it isn't, silly — just ask for an increase in your credit limit."

"Oh yeah..."

House backs $290,000,000,000 increase in federal debt limit

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 02:15 PM
link   
290 billion... hahahaha, how long is this gonna last... 2 months?

What a joke.

And the problem is that no more people buying US debt = all deficits money will be printed....

Hyperinflation here we come.

Not extending the debt would have been better...that way the government has no choice but to run deficit free budgets.

I say cut the military budget by 90%, bring back the troops and use that money to develop infrastructure in the US... take down the 10 biggest US banks as they are bankrupt and destroyed the economy, they deserve it.

And yes, passing the health care bill will ``help``...in a sort of way, keeping the system alive for a few more months, probably years even... draining money from the public, cutting health care services... using that money to fund other things...

Of course it's not a good solution since it will bankrupt more people and let the rotten system alive longer...

The elite sure prefer a long collapse to a short one because of human nature. Long collapse = people don't revolt or little... Sudden collapse = people revolt and you may have a revolution on your hand...

That's why I think they want a slow collapse... in september 2008, they nearly lost the ball since people did a bank run and the system nearly collapsed...

We can thank and damn that human ability to adapt to any situation...

[edit on 17-12-2009 by Vitchilo]

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 02:26 PM
link   

But to keep the system alive by taxing people more you would have to assume that the unemployment rate continues to fall gradually, where as there could be a sudden and violent uptick in unemployment and cause the system to collapse just on that alone. Also businesses will all be paying exorbitant bonuses to avoid the tax man.

I see where you are coming from with it, but in order for it to work people would have to keep their jobs, as in job equals tax revenue, no job equals no tax revenue.

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Gold 1,107 -29 -2.54%

Dollar Last trade 77.705 Change +0.710 (+0.91%)

Dow 10,331 -110 -1.06%
Nasdaq 2,186 -21 -0.95%
S&P 500 1,099 -10 -0.91%
GlobalDow 1,946 -34 -1.70%
Gold 1,107 -29 -2.54%
Oil 72.57 -0.09 -0.12%

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 02:39 PM
link   

290 billion... hahahaha, how long is this gonna last... 2 months?

You're slipping, my friend - here's a quote from the article:

The U.S. House of Representatives on Wednesday passed legislation giving the federal government the ability to borrow a whopping $290 billion to finance its operations for just six additional weeks.

So where does it go from there? There's no way the military budget would ever be cut by that much. And the healthcare issue wouldn't provide a fix within 6 weeks whichever way you cut it.

We all know what's really going to happen. More credit...

reply to post by DangerDeath

What's the smile? You been going short?

[edit on 17/12/09 by pause4thought]

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 02:40 PM
link   
I agree with Vitchilo. Inflation will take care of everything. People will not lose jobs, only earnings... The instinct will make them stay at their jobs for "preservation" reasons

I've seen that many times before. Hope does miracles.

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 02:46 PM
link   
The smile is for what I deleted before I posted just facts

I don't play, but even this I can tell: someone will try to get rid of dollars soon. It is all about timing now.

One tip, although analogy may not be a proof for anything. Before Yugoslavia fell apart and sunk into civil war, all republics (6 of them) looted federal bank as much as they could, claiming at the same time they were robbed by others.

Could this newly approved 290 billion, freshly printed, be used to buy gold?

[edit on 17-12-2009 by DangerDeath]

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Some interesting lateral thinking in that analysis. Scary though.

Could this newly approved 290 billion, freshly printed, be used to buy gold?

Not if this is truly what's needed just for day-to-day running costs.(!)

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 03:14 PM
link   
reply to post by pause4thought

The money is not even including the health care bill if passed and the defense budget that is additional and has not been even put up for discussion in congress.

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 03:22 PM
link   
reply to post by pause4thought

Well, if you believe they're honest people.
But, many people have indicated, this is more like a land-grab situation. In that case, I'm afraid, maybe we should think: criminal minds...

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 05:35 PM
link   
reply to post by marg

It's frankly amazing how you just exposed our assessments as actually too positive!

I sure hope what you're describing remains firmly in the realm of CTs.

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 05:59 PM
link   
Yes, but I have a model with symptoms to compare. Nothing else.

It is interesting, some of active participants on this thread are busy elsewhere. Miss them. I feel that situation is important at this moment, but there is some wear in perception. DOW looks good, but we know it isn't. America is big and can take many blows, yet I don't see much improvement, and if it improves it will take a lot of time. Too much is showed under the carpet.

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 07:50 PM
link   
Did any body is digesting the newest bailout?

Freddy and Fanny may need 400 billion dollars to keep going, it looks to me that from the beginning they were already completely in a hole.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

And then banks wants tarp money with not attachments to loan to tax payers so they can collect more interest and taxes on the same tax payer money we loan to them

Does that makes sense?

top topics

<< 572  573  574    576  577  578 >>

join