It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The "up-to-the-minute Market Data" thread

page: 572
<< 569  570  571    573  574  575 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 10:48 AM
link   
reply to post by nydsdan

Perhaps long term holding?

I am not sure..

As for a trade to FLIGHT TO QUALITY AND SAFETY IN UNCERTAIN TIMES = dollar is numero uno

Problem is.. who else are you gonna trust? We are like the banker in scarface.. in reality Tony Montana (sp?) should have went with the banker instead of laundering the money himself... 4 points on your money tony?.. dont be foolish lol

and thanks btw

p.s. - i am never wrong - you obviously are mistaken, luckily I give everyone 2 chances though..

[edit on 30-11-2009 by GreenBicMan]

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 05:04 PM
link   
reply to post by nydsdan

Your points are well taken and you are correct that 'at the moment' no one is terribly wrong. My concern is that the 'orderly' decline of the dollar will get out of hand at some point. I too would like our world to remain stable so I can keep making money, but I will not revert to Freudian defense mechanisms in an effort to make it so. I would rather face it head on.

I too wish you the best with your health GBM. We may disagree, but we still know each other on some level.

Edit to add:

Whatever else can be said of it, this freak show cannot go on forever. The US has $2 trillion worth of short-term bills that must be refinanced in the next 12 months. It must also refinance about $1 trillion more of notes and bonds. That’s without adding any additional debt! So put a deficit of $1.5 trillion on top of that and you have $4.5 trillion of financing for the US alone.
www.marketoracle.co.uk...

What is that, 375 Billion a month? It seems fairly obvious to me that this country is trouble.

[edit on 30-11-2009 by HimWhoHathAnEar]

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 06:37 AM
link   
7:37 EST, Tuesday, December 1, 2009.
Look how nasty this all is.
Futures up.
Gold up.
Euro up.
You'd think the stock market was ready to charge ahead.

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 10:33 AM
link   
Just checking to see what the heck is going on with banks. Had two different banks have 'system problems' in the past 4-6 weeks. BOA apparently crashed for 3 or 4 days mid October. Their page totaly changed again in November. NOW my main bank a local credit union is having some sort of system malfunction that is double charging for certin things. Like my electric bill and a credit card payment. They tried to fix it, but the system went in a did it again. Now they are going to try to manualy fix it, hopefully I will get my $$ back in the next couple of days.

I have never had anything like this happen before. What the hell?? Anyone else have a bank whose computer system is screwed up?

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 11:18 AM
link   
Top Firm Said Loading Up On Firearms In Case Of Uprising

news.hereisthecity.com...

Aha. Why, when everything seems to go well.

In what has got to be the one of the most ridiculous articles of the year, Bloomberg reports that senior staff over at Goldman Sachs are said to have 'loaded up on firearms' in order to prepare themselves in case 'there is a populist uprising against the bank'.

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 02:35 AM
link   
What is going on with the Futures tonight? It has to be sucker city. It has to be.

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 03:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Cabaret Voltaire

It was!
Now we just have to close below DOW 10,300 for the week.
I think it might be a lot below 10,300 tomorrow. Something like 10,100 would be a very bull-crushing display.

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 01:47 AM
link   
Look at the super manipulated trading over the past 10 days, DJIA intraday chart...

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/614607f9686f.jpg[/atsimg]

Does this look like anything to you? Is it a top?

posted on Dec, 5 2009 @ 02:09 PM
link   
Looks like 6 banks down, costing the FDIC 4 Billion more. 5 of the 6 receiving banks required loss share agreements by the FDIC to even purchase the banks assets. Which means there's even more garbage in them yet to be realized.

Rumours going mainstream that Japan will sell 100 Billion in Treasuries to finance their own bailouts. Dubai's debtors to refuse debt delay, endangering the CDS backing the debt via immediate default. The plot thickens as the Debt Monster stalks the world.

posted on Dec, 5 2009 @ 03:23 PM
link   
reply to post by HimWhoHathAnEar

Any words if AIG had insurance on the Dubai loans? or any other bank in the US?

Or how many banks in the US or financial institutions were up to their necks on investments in Dubai, I mean their customers money.

posted on Dec, 5 2009 @ 03:27 PM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

It was all European money RBS BOS I believe was the biggest holder. USA will not be affected by this, if only to the quality of US Dollar IMO

posted on Dec, 5 2009 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Called range bound my friend - lapses (consolidation/accumulation) between moves

posted on Dec, 5 2009 @ 05:31 PM
link   
reply to post by GreenBicMan

Well thanks for the news, but I will still keep my eyes open on the issue, remember when the US mortgage market crash, the Chinese were denying that they had anything invested in it, then the investors didn't know that that indeed their money were linked to the US mortgage after all, surprise surprise.

posted on Dec, 5 2009 @ 05:42 PM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

haha - in this case, I believe I am very right - thats why we saw RBS drop like a rock as well as the whole euro sector while USA jolted and fell, but mkt did not touch area where futures fell indicating an overreation - but you gotta cross your t's and dot your i's

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043

Any words if AIG had insurance on the Dubai loans? or any other bank in the US?

Or how many banks in the US or financial institutions were up to their necks on investments in Dubai, I mean their customers money.

Well, there was this.

The US public will be “outraged” by Citibank’s $8 billion loan to Dubai just six weeks after the bank was bailed out, US House of Representatives domestic policy subcommittee chair-man has said. Dennis Kucinich commented on the Dubai loan and other US banking investments as a congressional panel released a report that strongly questioned Citibank’s actions. The report, shown to 7DAYS, cites the Dubai loan as the largest of the “questionable transactions” by banks after the US government bailed them out. It notes that the loan to Dubai’s public sector came on December 14, just six weeks after the US government gave Citibank a $25 billion bail-out.
www.7days.ae...

Of course the very nature of Derivatives is to be backed by an opaque web of counterparties. We don't know yet how much 'insurance' RBS took out on this garbage. That is what's so important about the failure to delay payment and force default, it forces the 'insurance' aka derivatives, out into the open. Which scares the hell out of the banks hiding in the shadows that gambled on this carp to give themselves huge bonuses. As I said earlier, The Plot Thickens.

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 12:37 PM
link   
And, perhaps, the money was used to support insurgence in Yemen-Saudi region... We'll know one day soon.

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Citibank biggest investor is after all a Saudi Prince, I forgot his name we bailed out his personal fortune that he lost substantially during the market crash.

So yes when I read that one I new that the money was again to bail out certain wealthy investors with ties to Dubai.

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 12:56 AM
link   
Ya know how the Futures have been under the market for a long time now, and the pre-market quotes are always showing Futures UP whether they are above the market value or not?.... well tonight the Futures are showing DOWN but they are above the market value. Friday Futures closed ABOVE the market. That is a change from the normal mode of operation we've seen lately. Futures were always creeping up under the market. Now they've jumped up on top of the market. I think the big traders are selling Futures to suckers at higher levels. Of course I'm bearish here for the time being.

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 12:59 AM
link   

Good eye

But we are looking at "Mutual Fund Monday" tomorrow, take a look at the past mondays for the last 5 weeks

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 01:02 AM
link   
What are you saying? Money jumps in on Monday, and all week long for that matter? Hmmmmm. I'd say if you are a fund manager, and you are getting fresh money every time a payroll goes out, and you are in a rising market, then you jump right in and buy buy buy.

How about money holds off until Thursday/Friday this time around?

I dunno. What do buy guys do when the market is falling? They put cash in other places maybe? The biggest of the big bears are the ones that are braking the market and controlling the market.

top topics

<< 569  570  571    573  574  575 >>

join