It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The "up-to-the-minute Market Data" thread

page: 570
<< 567  568  569    571  572  573 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 21 2009 @ 07:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Cabaret Voltaire

I've been out of the market of a while now...I stil think were in for another big drop... My focus has been on buying fixing up and renting out foreclosed homes... made a few great deal took a few lumps but all in all the old rule of thumb is right, real wealth lies in real estate... not that I'll be what any would call rich, but I don't worry about paying my bills and to some that is being rich right??

posted on Nov, 21 2009 @ 04:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Cabaret Voltaire

I haven't "lost" a bunch on my long-term stuff,it's holding it's own lately but am not doing much day to day trading at all currently.Made a solid chunk on Apple a few weeks ago and then it got to $ to re-buy with any slush-factor.
Sort of waiting to see how it plays out in Dec.,traditionally it's a more "quiet" time in the market?
The problem with real estate as an investment is that I do think prices will continue to drop for a while and unless you can hang tight,you have taxes and gains and all that jazz to deal with...

posted on Nov, 22 2009 @ 11:41 AM
link   
The sequel of The Day The American Dollar Died...

Stunned, I reached for the half full glass of now somewhat warm wine and chugged it. While the sheeple as I affectionately nicknamed them might have slept through this announcement, it was Armageddon for our country. Screw it. I’m going to play golf one more time before it hits the fan. This is absurd.

And Part 3

[edit on 22-11-2009 by Vitchilo]

posted on Nov, 22 2009 @ 03:48 PM
link   
Back from the lab....

deep in the mind of a lunatic.....

THE chart of all charts....
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/8902e37a6c40.jpg[/atsimg]

That first break in the May-July area shows the future destination of the Dow.
That activity creates the bottom of the triangle.

See ya at the summer solstice!

posted on Nov, 22 2009 @ 05:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cabaret Voltaire

Or, one can draw lines that show on Dec 31st the 'low' will be 10,489
and by April 2010 the high will be around 11,400

generally following the classic 'V' recovery

posted on Nov, 23 2009 @ 01:02 AM
link   
FYI:

Gold hits new highs...

posted on Nov, 23 2009 @ 05:07 PM
link   
Anyone can tell me how high are the PE ratios on the SP500 and Dow Jones, I read around 140 on the SP500... when historic highs were at around 45...

And how it doesn't collapse?

Thanks

posted on Nov, 23 2009 @ 05:13 PM
link   
Today was a suckers rally. Had to be. It is gianormous traders, net short, making some buys and running the market up whenever possible to start selling again from a higher level until the clock runs out. We'll see. Wait until the end of the week. I think it will take some bad news to cap the market. The Media will have to come up with some bad stories to shock the public into believing there is a real reason to turn and go the other way. They'll never report ''The Fix Is In''. They have to fake it.

I think smart money is cashing out, and the dumb money in funds is being parked for the long haul. Corporate America is letting fund managers shove their money into the stocks at any price, every two weeks. The average Joe isn't trying to time the markets.

Y'all should check in on the wiping thread.... www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Nov, 23 2009 @ 09:27 PM
link   
The disconnect between rational "investment" theory and what is happening right now is growing larger. We all use rational thought to try to figure out what is going on, but what we have now defies logic. Yes, the falling dollar may help explain where we are at, but the whole notion of "investment" in stocks because you believe in a company is lost.

Today we "invest" on pure speculation of profit. Rarely do we have a scenario where people invest on faith of a long term success in a stock. Yes, it still occurs, but I believe most of the volume we see today is pure speculation on technical factors with no rational human thought behind it.

I figured we would be on a decline by now, but the market keeps soaring higher and higher while commodities continue to rise and the dollar falters. I expect this trend to continue and the only thing that can break the market rally will be a USD rally of some sort. I don't know what could cause such a USD rally, but that is the only thing I can think of that would break the soaring momentum the market holds right now.

I was bearish as hell until this fall. I saw the entire summer as a bounce in a W recession but the second leg is waaaay overdue. Now I don't see any real decline until after the new year. Dow 11000? Why not?

The only thing I know is this is purely manufactured and some sort of power/money grab has been in place for over a year now. I wish I had a copy of the playbook. I sold gold at the end of Oct.

posted on Nov, 23 2009 @ 09:56 PM
link   
The Zimbabwean equities market went stratospheric. They also had 90%+ unemployment and hyperinflation. A dying currency causes all kinds of havoc and volatility. The numbers mean little when they are merely reflecting the hot toilet paper flooding in from the likes of Government Sachs.

As things turn for the worse early next year I'm afraid they will go with the strike on Iran. Nothing good will come of it.

posted on Nov, 23 2009 @ 11:41 PM
link   
reply to post by nydsdan

1) I feel your pain on the gold, even though I only sold scrap when we broke the new high, I still feel cheated of course - although a gain is a gain

2) I dont think we are overvalued given the situation and easy money- we will have that giving our corps huge profits + weak dollar = multiple wave bull market = nasdaq 2003 (like i keep saying)

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 02:43 AM
link   
Here ya go... www.marketwatch.com...

Right there is an old boy that wasted no time posting early Tuesday morning with a headline It's beginning to look a lot like a "W." to get the fear started.

Bring on the DOOM!!

[edit on 24-11-2009 by Cabaret Voltaire]

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 02:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by St Udio

Originally posted by Cabaret Voltaire

Or, one can draw lines that show on Dec 31st the 'low' will be 10,489
and by April 2010 the high will be around 11,400

generally following the classic 'V' recovery

Sure. All things are possible. But which outcome is most probable?

I believe the market makes big money, not fast money. If the thing moved too quickly then the small guy could blow up too fast. That would be similar to the pinksheet dream which is used to sucker in new money. (I think 99.9% of pinksheets are dirty scams)

The speed of the move is one of the weapons used against the small guy. If it was all too easy then everybody would trade for themselves instead of giving their money to the fund managers. So I am thinking the brakes need to be applied here. I don't think the general population has felt enough pain yet.

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 11:18 AM
link   
Here's more proof that the plubic is being told one thing while the real numbers are being played down...

The U.S. economy expanded at a 2.8 percent annual rate in the third quarter, less than the government reported last month, reflecting a smaller gain in consumer spending and a bigger trade deficit, according to Commerce Department data released today. Consumer spending, which accounts for about 70 percent of the economy, rose at a 2.9 percent pace, compared with the 3.2 percent rate that was the median forecast of economists.

True these media hound economists were not off by much and their clams did make headlines... while these real numbers relegated to back page footnotes...
Story

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 06:22 AM
link   
New highs and lows...

Gold $1191.50

Silver $18.842

USD 74.227

USD/JPY 87.212

EUR/USD 1.5144

[edit on 11/25/2009 by Hx3_1963]

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 08:13 AM
link   
What i the heck is going on with Dubai? I started to see news about a stand still with Dubai and Asian Markets now the markets are all down because of what is going on.

What Dubai ran out of money?

Dubai Fallout Is a Correction, Not Another Crisis: El-Erian,

Investors dumped stocks Thursday and Friday and took refuge in the dollar after Dubai announced it had asked for a 6-month standstill on debt of around $59 billion. Some analysts said the fears will be short-lived and the situation creates buying opportunities.

"There will be opportunities created… but this is a catalyst call. Let's see to what extent markets reprice," El-Erian, who is Pimco's co-CEO and co-chief investment officer, said in an interview.

"This is a lag financial effect," he said, adding that the crisis shows financial markets are not yet calm after last year's collapse.

Is this good news for the dollar?

Is the US tax payer to bailout Dubai? I wonder what is going on, after all they has been buying Americas debt too lately.

www.cnbc.com...

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 08:17 AM
link   
Dubai have a crisis
wait !!!! where is all their liquidity thanks to oil !!!!

Dubai debt crisis rattles confidence in Persian Gulf borrowers

www.independent.ie...

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 08:23 AM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

do you remember this little project?
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/3d56b7e2ac37.jpg[/atsimg]

To built this playground for the ultra rich they took out 53 billion in loans... in thirty days the first payment of 4.3 billion is due and they don't have the money... the next payment of 9.7 billion comes up in March and it looks like there's no way they'll make either of those payments on time.

There was talk their Arab neighbours would float another loan but everyone is backing away from them quick as they can... lets face it 53 billion in total debt is a hell of a lot of money and no one wants to be stuck with the tab when the piper comes calling.

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 08:29 AM
link   
reply to post by DaddyBare

Thanks, I new that they were doing all kind of projects and that they were to become the "Capital of the super Rich". . . did Bush was offered a penthouse in Dubai?

Still I thought they have lot of oil to back their projects spending with.

I would never have dream that they could spend billions with not backing whatsoever, I guess the global economic crisis is making even the billionaires to hold to their pockets after all.

What a waste of money, and then we most rethink how much of that money has gone to finance terrorism also.

I wish somebody from Dubai will throw some pocket money my way it seems they had no trouble with waste and abuse.

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 08:32 AM
link   
Opening markets are ugly, the sky is falling people or may I say Dubai is making the US markets fall today.

No good for the perspective of Black friday.

The world is just a very crazy place today.

top topics

<< 567  568  569    571  572  573 >>

join