It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The "up-to-the-minute Market Data" thread

page: 569
<< 566  567  568    570  571  572 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 16 2009 @ 03:04 PM
link   
2 thoughts

1...volumne has been light for a while, reflecting that the big money has gone somewhere else.
2...of course stocks are going up, not because of any recovery, it's because the dollar is dropping, thus it takes more dollars to buy the same shares of stock. it takes 1.20 dollars today to buy 1.00 dollars of stock last april. we are now in an inflationary spiral, numbers don't lie, but nobody is saying it.

posted on Nov, 16 2009 @ 07:45 PM
link   
Bailout = inflation.
One bubble exploded, another was inflated.
What changed? - nothing. It is represented as a double helix, like on those superimposing graphs.
Chain bubbling :cool
It has to be cool, since bailouts (fiat money) are not der Kapital.

So the mass is now watching shadow theater (very popular during the Big Depression time too).

And guess what... there's water on the Moon. Let's go colonize

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 08:35 AM
link   
The Markets rally yesterday, thanks in part of Obama cementing the China and US trade relationships, never mind that our dollar is weak (advantage to our trade partners) and that US has created jobs with Chinas trade but no in the US but China.

I guess when the Present administration claims that they are creating jobs we most agree very strongly after all China Pacific rim coastal town are booming.

Anybody wants to move to Chinas very soon to become the Riviera of the Pacific booming towns?.

Sometimes I wonder, why our own government worries so much about foreign nations like China while crapping on our own nations needs, I mean we lie unemployed, destitute and creating the biggest poor and welfare class ever.

I forgot, is all about the who buy the debt, stupid me.

[edit on 17-11-2009 by marg6043]

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 11:30 AM
link   
As the USD makes some gains today, the equities are taking a little fall.

I cannot stress enough exactly how this correlation has been a perfect pattern for quite a while now.

you can watch the FX markets before trading opens and know exactly how to place your trades to make the best benefit. Just trade the full S&P (SPY) up when the USD goes down and down when the USD goes up.

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 03:43 PM
link   
A very interesting article by John Galt... IMO most of it is BS... but it would be epic doom if it happened...and I like epic doom.

So here it is:

johngaltfla.com...

Enjoy.

We are doomed:

Dow -11
Nasdaq -11
S&P 500 -1

High for the day on the SP500 was 1,111.10.

Doooooooooooooooom!

[edit on 18-11-2009 by Vitchilo]

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 04:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

I was in a meeting during the market close today. While in that gawd awful 2.5 hour meeting, I was doodling on my notepad. I doodled 11:11 in different ways trying to play with how it catches the eye (yes, I am one of them) so I did 11°11, 11·11, 11.11 and so on... just doodles in the margin.

So I come back to my desk to see the DJIA closed -11.11 (-0.11%) but the Nasdaq just missed -11.0 by closing -10.84

What does it mean? I guess it means that number is pretty on the eyes and our pattern recognition abilities. Fun coincidence that I felt the need to share here though!

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vitchilo
A very interesting article by John Galt... IMO most of it is BS... but it would be epic doom if it happened...and I like epic doom.

So here it is:

johngaltfla.com...

Enjoy.

We are doomed:

Dow -11
Nasdaq -11
S&P 500 -1

High for the day on the SP500 was 1,111.10.

Doooooooooooooooom!

[edit on 18-11-2009 by Vitchilo]

Okay, I am convinced, the world ends tomorrow. Thankfully I have the day off because I am "partially employed" but still count as employed by the statistics people.

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 06:07 PM
link   
He he he

The dollar dropped this morning to the area around .666 Euro - dangerous stuff that - and I'll leave you to ponder whether I mean the .666 part or the Euro...up to you.

From
urbansurvival.com...

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 10:43 PM
link   
Question for you housing market guys/gals.

I was looking at a house today and seen it was listed for $150,000.00. When I went back to look at the history of the house. I seen it was sold to the current owners in 2006 for $240,000.00

Do any of you believe that the housing market will continue down / get worse?

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 02:24 AM
link   
At 2:40 AM, EUR-USD moved down quickly, ''banking concerns'' in Europe.

Is the mondo market turn approaching?

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 02:39 AM
link   
Probably linked to that:

Société Générale tells clients how to prepare for 'global collapse'

Société Générale has advised clients to be ready for a possible "global economic collapse" over the next two years, mapping a strategy of defensive investments to avoid wealth destruction.

Under the French bank's "Bear Case" scenario, the dollar would slide further and global equities would retest the March lows. Property prices would tumble again. Oil would fall back to $50 in 2010.

Governments have already shot their fiscal bolts. Even without fresh spending, public debt would explode within two years to 105pc of GDP in the UK, 125pc in the US and the eurozone, and 270pc in Japan. Worldwide state debt would reach $45 trillion, up two-and-a-half times in a decade.

All those recovery signs! I can't get enough of them!

[edit on 19-11-2009 by Vitchilo]

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 08:43 AM
link   
reply to post by TrainDispatcher

I am not a real state expert but it does seems that the previous owner lost his investment in his American dream there.

Still check on the taxes because that means the house is down but the taxes are still very high.

Now in my neck of the woods houses had depreciated but not as bad as other states like in California.

All I know is that is too many foreclosures house on sale while new housing is been built, the markets are getting saturated with old houses and new.

And people still losing their jobs and unable to afford homes.

But hey I heard the Chinese has been shopping around.

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 11:23 AM
link   
reply to post by TrainDispatcher

Couple possible scenarios:

1. It's a short sale, meaning they are trying to ditch the house under what they owe, meaning they could still owe 200k on it, but are trying to get around foreclosure which can make your credit FUBAR. The bank would need to agree with the buyer on the price.

2. Incorrect Data .. some sites like Trulia I know use the "last sold at" price guage using public records, but they are not fool proof.. some times sales and audits can get mixed up..

3. The least likely in my opinion, family is down on their luck and they have to sell it for a 100k loss. Me, I would burn the house down before I lost 100k and a bank foreclosure.. that's a huge bit of equity to squander away.

Also, imo, house prices are probably going to continue downward.. we saw a spike in prices but that was most likely related to people rushing into the 8k credit, but since it's been extended there is no rush.

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 08:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by TrainDispatcher
Question for you housing market guys/gals.

I was looking at a house today and seen it was listed for $150,000.00. When I went back to look at the history of the house. I seen it was sold to the current owners in 2006 for $240,000.00

Do any of you believe that the housing market will continue down / get worse?

yes it will get worse and house prices will fall in 2010 and 2011......but probably down about another 10% nationally in total....option arms resetting will reak havoc for the next 10 months and more credit will be cut to consumers......

unemployment will remain very high and they have ALREADY EXTENDED unemployment benefits up to 99 WEEKS BC SEVERAL million people are counting on them to pay their bills....this WILL NOT continue forever.....but maybe for another 20 weeks or so? who knows....but company's won't be hiring to off set all the people coming off the unemployment benefit rolls....so that is obviously very bad

Stocks are a wild card.....and if big money is proppin them up....the big money may not have the patientce to watch their invesment's flat line for the next few months.....as 4'Q earings come in putrid.....may make more money shortin....if so the market tanks again.

however depending on WHERE you are looking means alot in this market....so where are you looking.....state /general city (what's the locale)?

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 08:38 PM
link   
reply to post by cpdaman

20 min east of Indianapolis (quiet neighborhood)

posted on Nov, 20 2009 @ 03:41 AM
link   
That house is $150,000 Christ.

I'm going to start packing my bags and moving state side now.

Using a 1.65 exchange rate that would give you 90K pounds in the UK.........

That wouldn't even get you a old two bed flat in the area i live in !

And properties are still selling for that price.

You can check on houseprices.co.uk which lists all UK housing transactions !

[edit on 20-11-2009 by Jamesy_boy]

posted on Nov, 20 2009 @ 08:54 AM
link   
BEAUTIFUL!!! Just for all that luscious wood alone...
I'd buy it in a heartbeat and the nhang onto,even as just an investment.
Sooner or later...it will come back to full value.

posted on Nov, 20 2009 @ 11:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Jamesy_boy

Hehe... depends on where you live.. "state side" is a very, very broad subject. We aint all Yanks you know.

Out West in Oregon $150k might by you a moldy old shack or a one bedroom condo. (you Brits call that a Flat I believe) 1,200 condos downtown run 300-700k .. typical house runs 250k for a starter, 400kish for a decent middle of the road house. The house pictured would be in the 400-500k range.

In Ohio I coulda bought a house on my parents street for 80k .. just a small middle income starter house.

So ya, it varys BIG time.

posted on Nov, 20 2009 @ 01:51 PM
link   
I haven't posted here in a while and thought to update you all on the direction Oil is going

The number of rigs actively exploring for oil and natural gas in the U.S. this week has risen by 12 this week to 1,113.

Houston-based Baker Hughes Inc. said Friday that 726 rigs were exploring for natural gas and 375 for oil. Twelve were listed as miscellaneous. A year ago this week, the rig count stood at 1,941.

Of the major oil- and gas-producing states, Texas gained nine rigs, Louisiana gained six, North Dakota gained four, Oklahoma gained two and Alaska gained one. Colorado lost nine rigs, New Mexico lost two and Arkansas and California each lost one. Wyoming was unchanged.

The rig count peaked at 4,530 in 1981, during the height of the oil boom. The industry posted a record low of 488 in 1999.

Add to that this week we saw a couple of reports that say U.S. Gasoline Demand Peaked In 2007, never to return to those highs...
www.abovetopsecret.com...

oil prices drops this week are based on the rising dollar increases in supply and a continuing decrease in demand... if left to normal market trends it should be below 60 a barrel but we all know there are other forces that keep this market propped up

posted on Nov, 21 2009 @ 04:22 AM
link   
Are people here making money?
The regular posters... are you making money from trading?

I'm still drawn down into this Big Bear position of mine. Thank goodness there is no margin or maintenance on these inverse ETFs. I suppose the worst that could happen is the stock market keeps going up and never looks back -- a gianormous loss for some future tax season. That is if I ever make any money trading again.

I was in heaven with my March buys. I bought in the bottom week then. The very bottom. I was channeling Blavatsky, or the Grays were beaming the impulse into my mind, or something. I even had the top in October 2007 down pat. I was approaching financial godlike status.

But then the signal went fuzzy. I was so convinced of the top 8 weeks ago. Oh well, nothing lost yet, and still massive gains to brag about.

I think I'm back on track and due for another big win in the near future. My call is next week. The end. Next week is the end of this rally and the beginning of something wonderful in Bearsville. I really don't know the end point of the next move though. This is new territory for me. I'm certain next week is the end of the rally, but how long the down move lasts is not clear at all. I believe it will come to me in a moment of inspiration though. I really do. I stay busy tuning into the occult science.

new topics

top topics

<< 566  567  568    570  571  572 >>

join