It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The "up-to-the-minute Market Data" thread

page: 567
<< 564  565  566    568  569  570 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 08:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by DaddyBare
Commodity Futures seriously tanked today but gold is soaring
up 7 dollars... someone is scared and buying up gold like crazy

Yep the new finacial system and currencies are coming soon. Rumor is that a new dollar will be worth 1/28 of a gram of gold. This would make the price of gold worth $784 an ounce.

Gold is just another bubble at this point. When everyone thinks that something will only continue up, it's not long until you see the crash. Goes to show you that most people do not learn from previous mistakes. I think people that bought gold the last few days will have to wait 20 years to get back to even although they may see a small spike higher as the last of the herd enters. Just like the gold buyers in 1979-1980.

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 09:59 PM
link   
reply to post by sligtlyskeptical

Good luck with that. People have been saying similar stuff since gold was at $248 seven or eight years ago. The money printing won't be stopping any time soon, therefore anything of intrinsic value will continue to rise in terms of said paper, not the other way around.

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 10:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by HimWhoHathAnEar

Good luck with that. People have been saying similar stuff since gold was at $248 seven or eight years ago. The money printing won't be stopping any time soon, therefore anything of intrinsic value will continue to rise in terms of said paper, not the other way around.

I've heard the same before every bursting of a bubble. They can't print enough money to replace what has already been lost. Soon this will be understood and the dollar will strengthen rapidly, sending gold into a downward spiral. Watch and learn. You are probably expecting inflation as well.

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 11:09 PM
link   

Thanks, funny...I would rather buy a lottery ticket then buy CIT common at this time, not until after Dec.

At lease i can get a THANK YOU when i buy a lottery ticket.

posted on Nov, 7 2009 @ 04:31 AM
link   
Cost to the FDIC this week...

1.53 billion... or about 5$ for every american. I hope you saved that 5$ this week!

While in congress they protect the banks even more. Here

An amendment offered by Rep. Gregory Meeks (D-N.Y.) and unanimously approved by a voice vote in the House Financial Services Committee specifically deletes a provision in the Financial Stability Improvement Act of 2009.

The two draft versions of the bill originally called for the proposed overseer of threats to the entire financial system to prepare an annual report to Congress describing, among other things, "significant financial market developments and potential emerging threats to the stability of the financial system."

But on Thursday, Meeks’ amendment deleted that language and instead compels the council to describe:

"Significant financial and regulatory developments, including insurance and accounting regulations and standards, and assesses the impact of those developments on the stability of the financial system."

This report will not be done. The system will still be in the hands of the bankers and if they want to set the stage to destroy it again, they will be able to do so.

Fannie Mae...please someone nuke that place.

Fannie Mae, the mortgage buyer seized by regulators, plans to tap emergency U.S. capital for a fourth time this year, bringing its draws of taxpayer money to $60 billion as the company sees no immediate end to its losses.

And this weekend it's the G20 and they are supposed to set the stage for the death of the dollar. Very interesting days/week ahead. The word is that if the US don't agree to a super currency at this meeting, or don't even hint at accepting it, the G20 will stop buying US treasuries or will seriously reduce their purchases. Forcing the FED to print more money and crashing the dollar.

I don't know if this is true, but we'll see.

posted on Nov, 7 2009 @ 10:52 AM
link   

You've got it backwards, the Dollar is the bursting bubble. Countries are buying Gold now, not Dollars. The Debt auctions of 150 billion plus per month aren't going to stop anytime in the forseeable future. They've projected them out to 10 years themselves. That issuance of Dollar Debt is called 'SUPPLY', and since global central banks have turned their 'DEMAND' to Gold, you have an obvious sea change that's happened.

The only so called foreign CB purchases of US Debt that have happened recently are from 'currency swaps', where the Federal Reserve 'buys' their currencies with an agreement that they will turn around and buy our Debt. Thus allowing them to devalue their currencies at the same time we are printing ours, which helps contain the export damage to their economies. This doesn't change the fact that money is being printed on all sides, increasing its 'supply'.

As far as your quip about inflation. The idea that one needs to overcome debt deleveraging with the amount of money that is printed in order to cause inflation is false. One only needs to push the currency to the point of lost confidence. Every currency collapse has supply, demand, and confidence behind it. US debt obligations stand at around a 100 Trillion, JP Morgan alone holds 100 Trillion in Derivatives. The idea that we would have to print over 200 Trillion to start seeing inflation is ludicrous. The 2 Trillion that the Fed has taken on along with the 10 Trillion in guarantees and the 12 Trillion Debt has already gutted confidence in the Dollar, little more is needed to finish the job.

So while the Gov't will continue to 'borrow' the 150 Billion per month, who wants to buy it? It pays at a loss to hold, there's tons more of it coming into the market place, nothing about the US economy has stabilized. What makes that a safe investment? No, countries have discovered that a bird in the hand (gold) is worth a Trillion (paper monies) in the bush. I'm afraid you're living in the past, where America was the safest investment. Our fiscal house is in serious trouble and this kind of cognitive disonance is at the heart of it. Wake up!

posted on Nov, 8 2009 @ 10:17 PM
link   
USD is getting hammered early tonight $DXY at 75.42

IF this continues till morning, expect the equities to rise & wouldn't be surprised if gold goes over $1100

Nevermind, it just went to $1104, won't take till morning

[edit on 11/8/09 by redhatty]

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 05:46 AM
link   
Just wanted to say that the dollar has fallen below 75...

74 is the new 75!

And of course, 75 is the new 76!

I'm waiting for more details of what happened this weekend at the g20 meeting... and we'll see how the stock market like the news of the health care bill passing the house... which would give 20% of the US economy to the government...

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 10:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by sligtlyskeptical

Originally posted by DaddyBare
Commodity Futures seriously tanked today but gold is soaring
up 7 dollars... someone is scared and buying up gold like crazy

Yep the new finacial system and currencies are coming soon. Rumor is that a new dollar will be worth 1/28 of a gram of gold. This would make the price of gold worth $784 an ounce.

You say "a new dollar will be worth 1/28 of a gram of gold". I am curious how many "old dollars" it takes to buy a "new dollar"? Serious question because that can make a biiiig difference.

I agree with you that gold is a little too high right now, but I disagree that it is a bubble. Gold is merely acting in contrast to the USD as it always has. If you are saying old dollars and new dollars will be exchanged at 1:1 yet will be valued at 1/28 gram of gold, then you are living in a different universe than the rest of us. How exactly would this work?

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 02:43 PM
link   
So I briefly mentioned the correlation between the USD & the S&P500. Today The Ticker Guy puts it out there in pictures so you can see what I was talking about

See it all here

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by redhatty
So I briefly mentioned the correlation between the USD & the S&P500. Today The Ticker Guy puts it out there in pictures so you can see what I was talking about

See it all here

So when a bubble goes off it actually inflates

[edit on 10-11-2009 by DangerDeath]

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 03:32 PM
link   
reply to post by DangerDeath

WTH are you talking about Danger? What bubble?

As the USD drops in value, the equities rise, people take what money they have and invest it into something of "value"

When the USD strengthens again, the money comes back out of the equities and into the FX market.

What bubble?

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 04:43 PM
link   
Look at the 3 charts, DJIA, SP500, NASDAQ. The Dow has broken out to a higher level. The other two seem to be contained. Is this important?

I sure hope the Dow is experiencing irrational exuberance and a final blowoff.

What do we have to do to get some gloom around here?
We got Balloon Boy.
We got insane shooter.
We got crazy health legislation.
We got Mr. Sticks in office acting stupidly.

Let's get going! (in the downward direction!)

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 10:52 PM
link   
Big bull alert still on WMT - if it breaks and holds 53, hello 59 not too far away - obviously been on it for a while

by the way congrats if anyone took my advice on buying the breakout over the 20 ema daily on the sp500 - later

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 11:44 PM
link   
Jim Symons is the world’s greatest trader .Jim simons has held top position among the top earners for over 1 decade.What makes a great trader is consistency in earnings , year after year.Ex-Math Professor Is America's Highest Earner.

english.chosun.com...
His Earnings
2008 $2.7 billion
2007 $2.9 billion

34 percent annualized net return since 1988 . They charge a hefty 5% annual fee and 44% performance fee .

Charitable donations
RECORD $60M TO SCHOOL

www.nypost.com...

www.nypost.com...

In 2008 James Symons was the top earner with $2.5 billion amongst the top trader.He has done it year after year for over two decades.What this proves is automated /computer models work better than the brain in trading.

March 25 (Bloomberg) -- Following is a ranking of the highest-paid hedge fund managers in 2008, according to Institutional Investor magazine’s Alpha publication.
The top 25 managers earned a total of $11.6 billion in 2008, the third-best year on record, according to Alpha. The following table is ranked by the highest money earners:

Rank Person Firm 2008 est.
1 James Simons Renaissance Technologies Corp. $2.5 billion
2 John Paulson Paulson & Co. $2.0 billion
3 John Arnold Centaurus Energy $1.5 billion
4 George Soros Soros Fund Management $1.1 billion
5 GreenBicMan -$1,000 to Capital One currently, but would prob be #3 if he had the margin
www.finfacts.ie...

Math whiz Simons, who made $1.7 billion to repeat as No. 1, has assembled an army of rocket scientists to build complex computer models that rapidly trade markets around the world, hoping to exploit tiny price changes.

www.finfacts.com...

For over two decades, Simons' Renaissance Technologies hedge fund, which trades in markets around the world, has employed complex mathematical models to analyze and execute trades--many of them automated. Renaissance uses computer-based models to predict price changes in easily-traded financial instruments. These models are based on analyzing as much data as can be gathered, then looking for non-random movements to make predictions.

www.finfacts.com...

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 06:53 AM
link   
Well it seems they did something else at the G20 instead of playing tiddly winks...

China Hints at Yuan's Departure From Dollar Peg

China said on Wednesday it will consider major currencies in guiding the yuan, suggesting a departure from an effective dollar peg that has been in place since the middle of last year.

The reference to a new set of benchmarks for determining the value of the yuan holds out the possibility of a departure from recent practice, which has seen the currency held steady since mid-2008 around 6.83 per dollar.

China’s central bank said foreign- exchange policy will take into account global capital flows and changes in major currencies, prompting speculation it will allow the currency to strengthen as the dollar weakens.

And the dollar went to 74.77 during the night...

While politically in the US, the people is active!
Continental Congress to convene today until 11/22

Let's hear the sounds of revolution!

[edit on 11-11-2009 by Vitchilo]

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 07:52 AM
link   
Thanks people for keeping up with this thread, I have to get a vacation from it as I been doing all my research on the constitutionality of the health care bill mandates

But I got some news here,

On the personal matter, the swine flu vaccination and cases had died down in my neck of the woods, actually it never became an issue

AIG CEO Ready to Quit over Pay Constraints: Report

Citing unnamed people familiar with the matter, The Wall Street Journal reported online late Tuesday that Benmosche told AIG's board he was "done" with the job, although he reportedly is reconsidering his stance in the face of the board's dismay.

www.cnbc.com...

Unemployment May Cause Loan Defaults in US: Zoellick

Stubbornly high joblessness threatens to trigger loan defaults and drag on consumption next year, hobbling a U.S. economy struggling to rebound from recession, World Bank President Robert Zoellick said Wednesday.

www.cnbc.com...

[edit on 11-11-2009 by marg6043]

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 12:51 PM
link   
Good to hear Marg!

Commercial Real Estate ‘Crisis’ Looming for U.S.: Chart of Day

“A crisis of unprecedented proportions is approaching” in the U.S. commercial real-estate market, according to Randall Zisler, chief executive officer of Zisler Capital Partners LLC.

The CHART OF THE DAY displays quarterly returns on commercial property -- apartment buildings, hotels, industrial sites, offices and stores -- as compiled by the National Council of Real Estate Investment Fiduciaries. Returns were negative for the past five quarters, the longest streak since 1992.

No...ya think?

And from the information that leaked from the G20 this weekend... Russia and China refused the world currency deal that the US and UK wanted...Also the next big globalist step will be the African Union.

[edit on 11-11-2009 by Vitchilo]

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 08:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

Guess who will be looked at with respect and awe as it develops into the next superpower of the world with GDPs higher than US and China combine, yes you guess it, the EU.

No even in my wildest dream I would have thought about that one.

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 02:07 AM
link   
It is 3:03 AM.
DOW Futures are down below Wednesday's close & Wednesday's open. I think this is a two-week top formation about to occur. I don't really read chart patterns. I just imagine what might happen in a given time frame. I think I'm going to be 8 weeks off in my calculation of the market top.

Does anybody see a technical hint that the stocks in general are about to head down in a couple of weeks?

top topics

<< 564  565  566    568  569  570 >>

join